Author Topic: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning  (Read 7649 times)

Description:

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2012, 09:51:13 AM »
Anyone else following the 38 Studios debacle?  Shitty as it is to say, loaning that much money to a company that, at that time, hadn't even released one product yet had bad idea written all over it. 

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2012, 10:49:14 AM »
Yeah it's looking like a total mess. I didn't realize just how much money the state had given them, wow. And it's really too bad because the game is supposed to be really good.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2012, 11:18:53 AM »
I'm so happy Curt Schilling is behind it. The government is bad unless it's trying to prop up his venture.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Cartman

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2012, 11:55:45 AM »
Schilling is a typical Republican Hypocrite, and the former governor of this stupid state threw 75 Million at him and begged him to move his company here. Now we (taxpayers) are going to get stuck with the bill.

KKK Bowl II Champion New York Giants
2005 TSM Fantasy Baseball Champion Pawtucket Red Sox
2006 TSM Fantasy Football Champion Pawtucket Patriots!!!
2011 TSM H2H Fantasy Football Champion
2012 TSM H2H Fantasy Football Champion

PSN ID: Theschill

Offline The ghost of bps21

• Wade the Duck says: Your brush with Greatness is OVER!
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2012, 05:54:14 AM »
Can someone explain the whole thing as dumbed down as possible for me? 

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2012, 06:05:54 AM »
Rhode Island offered 38 Studios a $75 million loan over the next 4 or so years to lure them from Massachusetts with the idea that they would provide jobs and give the state a foothold in the gaming industry (Mass actually become a pretty big state for game development).  At the time of the loan, they had not released a single product and the MMO they have been developing, which is what most of this money is going towards, is basically in a Duke Nukem Forever situation as they keep talking about it but almost nothing has officially been shown or announced (they've pulled out of E3 this year).  They missed a $1.15M payment and had to not pay their employees to meet it (apparently they spend $4 million a month in expenses).

The state program that funded this had a budget of around $125M, so they basically threw almost all of the money at one company.  That's smart.

Offline Cartman

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2012, 07:11:56 AM »
Yea, as soon as I can sell my house without taking a ridiculous loss i'm moving to Mass...oh wait that's never going to happen so I guess i'm just screwed.

KKK Bowl II Champion New York Giants
2005 TSM Fantasy Baseball Champion Pawtucket Red Sox
2006 TSM Fantasy Football Champion Pawtucket Patriots!!!
2011 TSM H2H Fantasy Football Champion
2012 TSM H2H Fantasy Football Champion

PSN ID: Theschill

Online Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2012, 10:56:35 AM »
Forcing them to hire that many people right away was stupid. More people = more resources devoted to paying people. I think though that Curt was stupid for taking the deal, as it handicapped 38 Studios. I'd probably guess that they'll go under, the State will end up with both IPs as collateral (Project and Amalur) which will then get bought for 25 million by a company that decides it wants to invest in it (though highly doubtful).

Basically, Rhode residents, you are screwed to the tune of 112 million. Enjoy.

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2012, 10:59:32 AM »
I really enjoyed amalur.  It's a shame.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2012, 11:08:35 AM »
How could they have turned down a sweethart deal like that?  I blame the state for seemingly buying into potential and the celebrity cache of Schilling instead of looking towards a company with an established record of success like Harmonix (who had been looking for a buyer last year and has shown they can produce quality content).

In the end it is the onus of 38 to produce something, but this was a huge, probably uniformed gamble by RI.

Online Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2012, 04:44:09 PM »
I was more meaning the issue of having to hire so many people. Of that 75 million, over the course 38 Studios has been open, you've got 280 employees who have been hired. That's my issue. If I had to hire 450+ people to earn 75 million, I would say no.

If you just go with the lowest pay that most programmers make, which is roughly 30$ and say about... at 8 hours (this is actually more like 10 or 12 sometimes, depending on how behind schedule you are) over 300 days (time off and absents that can occur) a year working and they've been open since 2006 ... wait, really? Feels less. Anyways, take those totals. And you'll come up with the following: 101 million.

I'm mostly using the rough math to show how much of that money would be eaten up just by staff, but that's my problem with it. Stupid move on both their parts to agree to have an agreement requiring an absurd amount of people being hired.

Though, I can't believe with nearly 300 employees and being open for 5 years that they only have gotten out ONE game. That's absolutely absurd.

On a separate but related note, Amalur is a commercial failure. No really, it is. For all the work that had gone into it, it only sold 410k as of April. That's almost 25 million made back. Its the literal version of a movie made to be a blockbuster, yet it flopped. Wanna know how much they needed to break even with what Rhode gave? 1.3 million copies. 3 times what has probably already sold. It would need to sell at least 3 million copies to make nearly double the amount of money that went into it.

Yes, there's Project Copernicus, but that's not out, so there's no profit from it. Even if the resources were split with 25$ million being used on Amalur and Copernicus being 50$ million, it still means that Amalur just broke even.

...wow, when I actually put that out... An Amalur sequel probably isn't happening.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2012, 12:55:27 PM »
38 Studios actually just posted video for Project Copernicus today..

Also, apparently their first cheque just cleared to the RI state friday
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Online Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2012, 06:23:16 AM »
Hm. Interesting first look. Though I've only got the land to work with, the visuals are very appealing and it looks like we've just been given a tour of only a small sample of the world. Not bad. I still doubt them making their estimate of June 2013 though. Seems more like a 2014.

Wish it would've shown us like combat or stuff. Though them taking Amalur's combat and putting it in the game wouldn't surprise me.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2012, 04:02:07 PM »
I would be fine with Amalurs combat system as I found it very refreshing. The complaints about it being repetitive were pretty stupid as the majority of standard RPG combat consists of selecting what to do from a menu.. If that isn't repetitive, then I don't know what is.

Online Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2012, 06:01:01 PM »
Probably because there wasn't a lot of variety. People will overlook repetitivity as long as they've got tons of variety. Though its as you say. RPGs have some of the most glaring repetititivity and dullness in combat, and we really do that so we can enjoy the stories that are woven. Its quite sad, really.

Honestly I find that the combat systems I've enjoyed the most are more the (current)Tales/Xenoblade style systems.

Also, its time to get rid of the random battle generators. If I have to fight, there needs to be a reason. Not just to pad the stupid run times.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2012, 07:43:35 AM »
Well, shit...

Quote from: Joystiq
38 Studios and Big Huge Games have both let go of their entire staffs, a source with knowledge of the situation tells Joystiq. Following reports that 38 Studios stopped paying staff on May 1, and just an hour before a scheduled press conference in Rhode Island addressing the recent 38 Studios financial debacle, both the Providence, RI-based 38 Studios and the Baltimore, MD-based Big Huge Games are no more.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2012, 10:07:21 AM »
Bloody sock DLC could have saved the company

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2012, 11:47:19 AM »
Despite Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning selling "1.22 million copies in its first 90 days" according to 38 Studios head Curt Schilling, it apparently never crested the 3 million mark it needed to break even. "The game failed, the game failed," Rhode Island Governor Lincoln Chafee told attendees of a press conference this afternoon.

According to "experts" speaking with Chafee's office, Reckoning needed to sell over 3 million copies "just to break even," never mind profit. The action RPG was released this past February to critical praise and modest initial financial success. It was credited with saving Big Huge Games from destruction back in 2009 when 38 Studios picked up the Baltimore studio, primarily for repurposing an already-in-production RPG into what we now know was Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Both 38 Studios and Big Huge Games laid off their staffs this afternoon amidst major financial trouble at 38.

Online Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2012, 12:28:48 PM »
 :-\ Fuck me. I was hoping to God it wasn't the 3 million was needed to break even and that my 1.3 million would be the number.

And just to make the day complete is that I've read Project Copernicus was likely Amalur Online. The original game was to introduce everyone to the world of Amalur, and the MMO was to be later. So no more Amalur unless someone buys the IP from Rhode.

Apparently, they asked for tax credits that would've saved the company (or just prolonged the suffering), but they were denied them on a technicality.

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2012, 12:34:10 PM »
Was the technicality that they already had all of the state's money?

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2012, 01:13:09 PM »
Amalur was a game just dying to be the start of a series. Too bad.

FWIW, I loved it at the beginning but I was so tired of it by the end that I didn't even get any of the DLC.
Show loose women what I'm workin' with.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2012, 01:33:16 PM »
You should check out the Dead Kel DLC, it's really awesome and the story is pretty damn good. The second one is okay, but nothing to write home about.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2012, 01:34:37 PM »
I wonder if EA will get some kind of first right of refusal on buying the IP. They no doubt have the cash... I really wanted to see this turn into a franchise.

« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2012, 01:42:15 PM »
Yeah I really enjoyed amalur.  Thought it was a very good game and figured a sequel could be a great one. 

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2012, 01:42:17 PM »
It'd be hilarious if one of the questions on the '12 Rhode Island ballot was which company they should sell the 38 assets to.  This is going to be a black mark on that state for quite a long time.

Online Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2012, 10:31:25 PM »
Was the technicality that they already had all of the state's money?
No. Actually, it had something to do with the fact with the studio that 38 owned was in Delaware.

I wonder if EA will get some kind of first right of refusal on buying the IP. They no doubt have the cash... I really wanted to see this turn into a franchise.
If anything, I would expect Rhode to try to oversell it to EA, since EA has the pockets to buy it.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2012, 02:28:31 AM »
Big Huge Games might not be shuttered permanently after all. A few news stories are reporting that they may be sold off. Which would be good, if it keeps the team together and employed (and hopefully that includes Ken Rolston as well).

Quote from: Joystiq
The 38 Studios disaster continues to unfold today, as the troubled studio laid off its entire staff and may be selling off its Big Huge Games division in Boston. Boston's Fox 25 News speculates that the studio may close by this weekend.

38 Studios CM Charles Dane confirmed being laid off on Twitter: "Now on the market. I had an awesome run with 38 Studios, but this dream is now ending."

Word is that the company is also selling its subsidiary, Big Huge Games. Big Huge Games is the maker of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, 38 Studios' single-player prequel to its Copernicus MMO. This would not be the first time that Big Huge Games was sold by its parent company, as the studio experienced the same event back in 2009.

Oh his Facebook page, Curt Schilling stressed that Reckoning did quite well in sales. "I wanted to clear up some misinformation around 38 Studios' first product, Reckoning. Sales of Reckoning outperformed EA's expectations and sold more than 1.2 million units in the game's first 90 days in the market."

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2012, 01:54:24 AM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/28/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-2-was-in-pre-production/

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning 2 was in 'pre-production'

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning 2 was in "pre-production" at 38 Studios' Big Huge Games in Maryland before all employees were let go last week. Several sources with knowledge of the situation tell Joystiq that the company was in advanced talks with a publisher before the events that led to the dissolution of the team.

Even if the Big Huge Games team could be salvaged under a different banner, it is unlikely that they could work on Reckoning 2. The intellectual property, tech and code (the latter used as a springboard) required to make a sequel is still owned by 38 Studios for the time being, but will likely soon be owned by the state of Rhode Island. Sources close to discussions with Rhode Island tell us that the state's asking price to release assets is too high.

Elements tested for the sequel were higher graphics quality across the board, no loading screens between zones, expanded and improved combat animations, fewer branching quests and greater effect on the world by players.

"We had a good base to work from, and it was going to be all about improving everything," said a source who asked to remain anonymous, given that there's still the slightest chance the project could be salvaged. "We listened carefully to fans and critics and were going to implement everything we possibly could."

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, which -- despite what RI Gov. Lincoln Chafee was advised as being a "failure" -- did have a successful launch for a new IP, with 1.2 million units sold over 90 days. We understand that Electronic Arts, the publisher of Reckoning, did pass on the sequel due to executive politics and 38 Studios was shopping around the title.

Speaking to former Big Huge Games employees, we asked what they felt was the most inaccurate portrayal of the 38 Studios implosion by the media. They expressed that Reckoning's development being tied to 38 Studios Rhode Island has been the biggest gaffe.

Former BHG employees repeatedly tell Joystiq that 38 Rhode Island did give info and guidance about the Amalur IP, but it didn't produce any assets for Reckoning. In terms of the day-to-day work, the Rhode Island team "didn't work on it at all."

"Reckoning was developed with EA publishing money, NOT Rhode Island tax dollars," a former BHG employee told us. "It had nothing to do with the $50 million dollars from RI. That money went directly to the MMO project."

The former BHG employees are thankful that 38 Studios purchased the studio in 2009 and save them. Schilling is commended for his support of the studio. At that time, the MMO 38 Rhode Island had been working on was already in production for three years and it was believed it would launch before Reckoning. That didn't happen and the latest moving target date was June 2013.

At this point, given signifiant uncertainty about the production tech and Amalur IP, the best a reformed Big Huge Games team could manage is making an RPG with a similar feel but using a different intellectual property (think Demon's Souls to Dark Souls). The team has done it before: when purchased by 38 Studios from THQ, it converted its "Ascendent" RPG to fit the Amalur world.

"Creating Reckoning wasn't a matter of simply replacing some textures and doing a search/replace on names and such," said a former BHG employee, explaining the conversion required new environments, animations, characters and voice acting. There was a foundation to work with from "Ascendent." It appears the company will have another foundation to work from with Reckoning if the team can reassemble.

Online Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2012, 06:34:40 AM »
So basically the Amalur IP is stuck with Rhode Island even though not a single dime of money went to it. Well, that sucks. Which means we would've had Amalur 2 and the Amalur MMO? That would've been nice.

But wow does EA show that big publishers really only care about the next big hit. 1.2 million in 90 days is a very good thing for a new IP and since it was pretty nice, I would've bought the sequel. Hell, the original was on my next to buy list before this all came out (still is).

Offline 2GOLD

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2012, 08:05:55 AM »
Being in Delaware makes sense. Odds are they set up a corporate office in the state for lower tax purposes and benefits. Lot of companies have their home offices supposedly set up here. But that doesn't mean the studio was actually here.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2012, 08:45:40 AM »
I'm sure this will be $10 soon enough on Steam now, so maybe I'll check it out then.

Online Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2012, 04:42:54 PM »
Yeah 2Gold, they were Incorporated in Delaware and that's the issue that stopped them from getting credits. Also Fazzle, I highly doubt it'll hit 10$ anytime before Winter. If they barely broke even and EA bankrolled the entire game, that price isn't going to drop much due to EA wanting as much money as it can.

I don't think we'll see another Amalur property for at least 10 or 20 years, since Rhode seems to even priced the IP out of EA's league.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2012, 01:26:30 AM »
Schilling says he could lose $50 million of his own money in 38 Studios implosion

Embattled 38 Studios co-founder and head Curt Schilling finally broke his weeks of silence on the Rhode Island studio's recent implosion in an interview with The Providence Journal. "Frustration" seems not strong enough a word to describe his feelings toward Rhode Island Governor Lincoln Chafee - Schilling called Chafee's commentary surrounding 38 Studios "devastating," and claimed it "scared off private investors."

Schilling also said that he could lose $50 million due to the studio's failure - money which he earned as a professional baseball player, and which he later invested into 38 Studios. That money, as well as approximately $50 million of a planned $75 million loan co-signed by the state of Rhode Island, was eaten by 38's long-in-development MMO, "Project Copernicus."

38 Studios' Baltimore-based subsidiary, Big Huge Games, was working on a sequel to this year's Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. The project was depending on private investment to go into production - to the tune of $35 million from an unnamed publisher - which Schilling said was pushed away by Chafee's statements.

"Curt was committed to us as a community and as people, he wanted the best possible work environment for the team he cared so much for, and as a result none of us wanted to let him down," one former 38 Studios employee, speaking under condition of anonymity, told us. "He had invested so much into us financially and personally, we were not about to betray that trust. We were not going to take the chance of speaking to the press and accidentally ruining any chances with outside investors. Unfortunately, it didn't matter if the employees spoke and ruined things with the investors as the Governor beat us to it."

Last week, 38 Studios laid off it's near-300 person staff in Rhode Island, as well as its approximately 100-person studio in Baltimore, Big Huge Games.

Offline 2GOLD

« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2012, 05:47:46 AM »
So pull 5 years of a Clemens and you have your money back shitbag.

Online Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2012, 09:51:40 AM »
So for 175+ million, the Amalur IP was created. Yeah, I could see why Rhode Island would say the IP failed. That's way too much money being used to produce a new IP and not enough revenue at all coming back.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2012, 08:34:27 AM »
So, the majority of the leadership and team from Big Huge Games that worked on Amalur has been hired by Epic to open a new studio in Baltimore! Woohoo! :)

Offline muzzington

« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2012, 12:40:06 PM »
Big Huge Epic Games?

Does this mean Project Copernicus isn't quite dead?

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2012, 02:58:23 PM »
Depends on who wants to buy the IP.

Online Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2012, 11:02:58 PM »
The Amalur IP is still stuck with Rhode Island, who is trying to oversell the property at the moment at such a ridiculous price that it scared off EA. So no, right now its dead.

Though I'm happy for Epic Baltimore, aka Big Huge Games. Hopefully, they won't have to be bought out a third time around. From my understanding, Epic Baltimore will still make the games they want, but have full rights to make them with the Epic properties. Should make for some fun times.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2012, 12:57:27 AM »
Heck even if we get a spiritual sequel to Amalur under some name/guise, I'll be happy with that. I just really wanted that franchise to continue and grow.

Online Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2012, 09:13:07 AM »
So basically you want more Ascendant, which is what Amalur originally comes from.

I agree. It would be lovely to have more of this style of franchise. Just with more polish.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2012, 05:41:57 AM »

Offline SBofn

• Shelton Benjamin outta fuckin' nowhere!
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2012, 09:53:01 AM »
I finally played this game. It's the best RPG I've seen since the first Dragon Age. It's a shame the franchise is so screwed over.
Of course cage matches work.  If they didn't work, everybody would still be in the cage.

--Michael Scott

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2012, 07:37:28 AM »
Anyone going to be in Maryland or Rhode Island next month? It's a shame there's no online feature for these auctions...

Oh, and apparently Microsoft is trying to get them to remove the 360 XDK consoles as the dev kits are still property of MS.

http://www.sjcorio.com/corio/auctions/38studios/38studios_auction_details.html

SALE #1
Auction Date: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:30 AM
Inspection 9:00 AM Morning of the Sale

Computers: Over 100 Dell T-3500, T-3400, T-7500 Workstations, plus over 250 Dell 24" & 20" Monitors, Printers/Copiers: Epson Stylus Pro 9880 with Epson Ultra Chrome K3 ink, HP Color LaserJet 5550n printer, HP LaserJet 4250 tn, HP LaserJet 4240nEpson Stylus CX7800, HP LaserJet P4014n, HP LaserJet 2600n Color LaserJet printer, assorted toner and print cartridges, Overhead Projector/Video Conferencing:(2) Sony Cineza 3LCD projectors, (2) InFocus IN82, P820 HD projector, Polycom HDX7000 video conferencing system, Audio Equipment: Genelec 7050B active subwoofer with (4) 8030 A bi-amplified monitoring systems, (4) Logitech Z-5500 digital surround sound systems, SMPro audio Mpatch 5.1 passive volume control, Furman PL-Plus linear filter, MTP AV midi time piece, Digi design rack 3, Mackie Big Knob studio command system, M-Audio keystation 88es keyboard, On-Stage stands, sound absorption foam wall tiles, WACOM UNITS: (7) Wacom Cintiq DTK-2100 LCD tablets, (9) Wacom Cintiq DTZ-2100D LCD tablets, (7) Wacom Cintiq DTZ-1200W LCD tablets, (13) Wacom Intuos 3 PTZ-630 tablets, Gaming consoles: Xbox 360 XDK consoles, Wii Gaming consoles, Sony Playstation 3 blu-ray console, assorted game controllers, Telephone System: NEC NEAX 2000 (IPS) Internet Protocol Server telephone system D-Term Series i, Voice Over IP capable system with over 100 handsets, Moven Studio Inertial motion capture suit, IR Recognition Hand Recognition Security System (6) Handkey II model HK-II, Flat Panel Televisions: Vizio VW26L HDTV20F, Samsung LN320403, Samsung LN32C450EID, Samsung PN58A55081FXZA plasma display, Panasonic TC-P54G25 plasma display, Samsung LN52B550K1FXZA, Panasonic TC-P42GT25 plasma 3D full HD, Samsung LN40A75OR1FXZA, PLUS, Pelican, Case Cruzer travel cases, 12' conference table with 9 high end leather chairs, 10' conference table with high end leather chairs, 5' round conference table, High-End roller chairs, CAT5 cables, audio, HDMI, RCA, XLR, 1/4" cables, Sony, Sennheiser, Astro A40 Surround Sound headsets, Gaming table, pool table, ping pong table, GE side by side stainless steel refrigerators, Research library of books, video game library, Flavia single serve coffee machine model Creation 400, Keurig B3000SE coffee machine, and much more...

SALE #2
Auction Date: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:30 AM
Inspection 9:00 AM Morning of the Sale
Computers: Over 400 Dell T-7500 Workstations, plus T-3500 & T-3400 Workstations, HP, Dog House, Mac Pro's, iMac's, over 600 Samsung, Sceptre 24" & 20" Monitors, HP Laserjet printers, HP Designjet 500 wide format printer, WACOM: Over 75 Wacom Cintiq Models DTK-2100 & DTZ-2100D 21" LCD tablets, Intuos 3 & 4 pen tablets, Bamboo pen tablets, Audio Recording Studios: Mackie studio monitors and subwoofers, (2) Tascam FW-1884 audio mixers with Firewire, (4) M-Audio Keystation 88es Midi keyboards, Presonus Central Stations with Remote stations, Motu 828mk3, Grace M802, Ion Rain audio computer, PreSonus HP4 headphone amp, (2) Mackie 1642-VLZ3 mixers,Real Traps sound absorption panels, Logic Pro Software, Sony Vegas, Microphones; Neuman Berlin U87Ai with shockmount, Shure, RODE ntg-3 shotgun, Overhead Projectors & Video Conferencing System: Epson Home Cinema 8350HD, Epson H283A, Epson EMP-83H, Optoma EP739, InFocus LP860, ViewSonic PJD7382, BENQ MX712 UST, Polycom VSX7000 video conferencing system, Audio/Video Rack including; (3) Shure SLX-4, Shure UHF antenna distribution system, Furman M-8LX, Vaddio PreView Dual6.4, Vaddio Sony HD camera with pan/tilt, Mackie 1604-VLZ3 rack mounted mixer, Vaddio Production View Super Joystick camera controller, Extron PC DVDCAM, Tightrope Media Systems Carousel server, Vaddio Quick Connect CCU, Denon Video Player, AVAYA Voip Telephone System, (6) Frigidaire Commercial glass door refrigerators, (6) LG model LFC25776ST Stainless Steel Refrigerators with bottom freezer drawer, ULINE under counter ice maker, Summit Stainless Steel microwaves, PLUS, Pelican travel cases, Ping Pong Table, Custom Gaming Tables, video game library, reference book library, exercise equipment, flat panel televisions, High-End roller chairs, office work stations, 20' wooden conference table, employee lockers, VGA cables, Cat5 cables, video adapters, and so much more...

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2012, 03:36:11 AM »
Via Joystiq:

The public auction held yesterday at 38 Studios' former headquarters in Providence, Rhode Island, sold approximately 95 percent of the items available. A gross sales figure for the auction is expected later today.

According to a representative for the Rhode Island Economic Development Committee, the quasi-public agency that loaned 38 Studios the $75 million at the heart of the auction, there were over 1,000 registered participants for the auction. The auction had about 600 online participants and over 400 in-person, who had to front a $100 refundable deposit to enter the building.

The auction activities ran until 10PM last night, after starting an hour after the planned 10:30AM opening to accommodate the number of people who wanted to get in. There is the chance of another live auction to handle unsold items, which could include "more computers, servers, office furniture, etc."

Not up for auction yesterday was the Kingdoms of Amalur intellectual properly, which is the item Rhode Island is hoping to recoup the most return from its failed investment.

"I anticipate that the IP will be marketed and sold over the next three to six months," attorney Richard Land, the court-appointed receiver who organized the auction, told Joystiq. "Although the process is not yet set in stone, it is unlikely that it will be a traditional auction as you saw yesterday; more likely to be a negotiated transaction."

Last week's auction at 38 Studios' Big Huge Games division brought in $180,000. According to the 38 Studios bankruptcy filings, as reported by the AP, the company owes $150.7 million and has assets estimated at $21.7 million.

On a side note, I really need to get back to this game. I still haven't finished it and have only explored about half of the map. 2012 has been a crazy year for gaming backlogs, I guess.

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2013, 02:54:34 AM »
After hearing all the praise for this, I got it for free yesterday with my (also free) one year Plus membership. Ready to give it a try!

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2013, 04:05:09 AM »
Winning hint: Chakrams all day

Offline Conspiracy_Victim

• MY WHOLE BRAIN IS CRYING!
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2013, 08:31:30 AM »
Yeah the chakrams make it pretty simple.  Keep leveling up your abilities with them and it's easy.  If only they were in the might school instead of the magic school.  Ah well.

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2014, 04:48:38 AM »
Started a replay of this since I had it in a box I'd forgot about. I have the manliest moustached mage in history.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2018, 01:51:18 AM »
OH SHIT!