Author Topic: The Alternative History Booking Thread  (Read 943 times)

Description:

Offline Big Green

• The King of the Mountain
The Alternative History Booking Thread
« on: May 10, 2009, 05:58:41 AM »
I was sitting around bored (also known as trying to procrastinate on my studies) and thinking about how certain storylines would've played out if the they had been modified slightly. I think it'd be neat to have discussion on where you would've taken the angle, if it would've gotten over.....etc.

Here's our first angle:

She Was Mine Before She Was Yours
In the buildup to WrestleMania VIII, we saw Ric Flair reveal that he had slept with Miss Elizabeth before she started dating Randy Savage. He even published pictures in WWF Magazine as "proof." However, the accusations turned out to be false and it was revealed that the photos in WWF Magazine were doctored.

However.....

What if the accusations had been true? What if Miss Elizabeth had turned on Randy Savage at WrestleMania VIII and helped Flair retain the WWF Championship? Elizabeth says that she wanted to go back to dating a CHAMPION and riding Space Mountain (or something along those lines). How do you guys see the angle getting over? How would you work it?

Personally, I'd have Flair and Savage feud over the WWF Championship and Elizabeth from Mania until SummerSlam with Savage and Liz reuniting at Wembley after Liz helps him win the WWF Championship.

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 06:15:19 AM »
It worked in WCW. All that's missing is someone getting hit with a stiletto.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 07:40:13 AM »
One other upside is that you can easily play up Liz's growing re-attraction to Savage over the course of several weeks prior to Summerslam to plant that will she/won't she seed.  Even a few simple vignettes such as Savage sending flowers with a note and Flair going berserk and wrecking them or Savage trying to talk to Liz, Liz doing her best to ignore his sweet talking, and then Flair ambushes Savage from behind while Liz shows flickers of concern.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 12:16:19 PM »
Lance Von Erich comes into World Class as the arrogant cousin of the Von Erich's instead of their buddy... He watched the boys rise to fame, and all the money and women and he comes in saying Kerry's out indefinitly with the cycle accident, David's dead, Mike's recovering slowly from Toxic shock...and he's here to save the promotion.  He wrestles dirty and talks down to the fans slightly.  After a few weeks Fritz tells him to go home, he's a disgrace and Lance lays Fritz out.

Kevin, Brian Adidas and others then feud with Lance who turns to Akbar for support...

Offline Richard

• life sucks
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 10:37:14 PM »
The Savage/Liz angle would probably be ruined by the fact that their marriage was falling apart irl.

Offline Big Green

• The King of the Mountain
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 02:17:49 AM »
The Savage/Liz angle would probably be ruined by the fact that their marriage was falling apart irl.

That's actually a pretty good point. A lot of people have said that Savage was insanely jealous in regards to Liz. Imagine how he'd be if Flair had to kiss her every night. 

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
    • My YouTube Channel with over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 08:17:55 AM »
Fritz going heel on his boys would have been awesome.
Check out my YouTube page for over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMonsoonClassic/videos