Author Topic: David Stern Memorial This Month in NBA Thread (January 2020)  (Read 1367 times)

Description:

Offline Cartman

Re: David Stern Memorial This Month in NBA Thread (January 2020)
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2020, 05:48:46 AM »
Legit great basketball player and athlete, should have an elite level career and be crazy fun to watch for many years to come...as long as his play style doesn't lead to injuries. He's going to have to dial back a little when he's playing 30+ minutes every night.

Offline Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2020, 06:22:16 AM »

Lirl the laughter from Stacey after that as well as Kornet losing his man and giving up a wide open three

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2020, 06:55:32 AM »
If Zion can consistently hit threes, he's going to just make life a living hell for defenders.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2020, 10:13:11 AM »
pfft I wasn't impressed sure Lebron went on a similar scoring streak in his debut and did it in the 3rd quarter but nah I am not buying into this one

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2020, 05:24:53 PM »
My only real problem with the all-star starters is Siakam over Butler.  Butler should have been eligible at guard anyway, so stupid. 

Don't have a problem with Trae Young because it's the freaking all-star game and he's having a spectacular individual season

I could see LAC (PG, Trez) and Boston (Tatum, Brown) both getting 3 guys in possibly.

my reserves

East:
Butler
Middleton
Beal
Lowry
Jaylen Brown
Sabonis
Bam

West:
Lillard
Mitchell
Paul
Jokic
George
Ingram
Gobert

Offline Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
  • Sometimes A Friend is Worth A Billion Dollars
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2020, 10:54:22 PM »
I thought all of this does Trae Young deserve to be in the All Star Game is stupid as heck. First of all, it's fan voted. 2nd, I don't care how crappy his team (or defense is), if you're averaging almost 30 points a game then you're probably getting into the All Star Game in some capacity.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2020, 08:21:19 AM »
Again the guard depth is insane in the West

Russell Westbrook: 25.3/8.1/7.3
Paul George: 23.5/6.7/3.0
Devin Booker: 26.5/4.1/6.3
Damian Lillard: 28.3/4.2/7.6
DeMar DeRozan: 22.4/5.6/5.2
Donovan Mitchell: 24.7/4.2/4.2

Probably three of these guys aren't going to make the cut.  Imagine making that decision.

Interested to see if Chris Paul gets back as well.  His numbers aren't as good as the above players, but the Thunder have been the biggest surprise in the league IMO, firmly in the playoff picture, and it should quiet anyone who was saying that CP is a bad leader.

I think Drummond needs to have a place in the East.  Middleton is a nice player, but I'm not a fan of this unwritten rule that the first place team HAS to have more than one All-Star, and if we're being honest that's the only reason he's going to make it.  The Pistons have had a lot of bad luck with injuries, but Drummond has been a beast.  Only six times in NBA history has a player averaged 2 steals AND 2 blocks  in a season.  Drummond is averaging 2.1 steals and 1.8 blocks, while also leading the league in rebounding and averaging a career best in scoring.  (EDIT: And the Pistons are still somehow only 2 games out of the 8 spot, even without Blake and Reggie Jackson pretty much all season.)

Ben Simmons doesn't seem to be getting a lot of support either, which just looking at the numbers is baffling to me.  I'd probably take him before taking the second guy from any of the other teams in the East, aside from Butler/Bam.
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2020, 09:50:00 AM »
Warriors sending Willie Cauley-Stein to Dallas for a 2020 second-round pick

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2020, 01:08:02 AM »
Westbrook tried to get another fan kicked out last night.  I'm all for regulating inappropriate fan behavior, but it kinda feels like he's doing it for attention at this point

Offline Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2020, 03:44:59 AM »
Lauri Markkanens out 4 to 6 weeks (probably longer with the way the training staff judges injuries) and now the only non injured big men on the Bulls roster are Thad Young, Luke Kornet, and Cristiano Felicio. I have no idea what they do with Lauri as he's a RFA after this season. He's been awful pretty much all year although hobbled and the way Boylen uses him is infuriating. He might be what he's been this season or the Bulls let him go or trade him and he turns into a stud. He can't shoot anymore, rebounding numbers are way down, and his defense is putrid. But all that was better without Boylen.

Online Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2020, 08:41:30 AM »
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2020, 02:49:10 PM »

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2020, 07:06:52 AM »