Author Topic: SmackDown Spoilers for May 15, 2009 (Plus two Superstars matches)  (Read 2215 times)

Description:

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
After taking a week off spoilers, I figured this week was ok as I won't be seeing the show until the 24th or 25th:

From F4WOnline.net

Dark match

Sheaumus O'Shaunnessy b Paul "I Got the Night Off" Burchill

Superstars

Rey Mysterio b Shelton Benjamin

Christian b Mark Henry

Smackdown

C.M. Punk & John Morrison b Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas when Morrison pinned Haas with the split legged corkscrew moonsault. 

Chris Jericho did an interview talking about how it took Edge, Rey and Jeff Hardy all to beat him last week.  He wants Mysterio, but instead, he gets Edge.  Edge is mad because Jericho calls himself the face of Smackdown.  Teddy Long then announced that he's tired of hearing from them so he's putting them in a non-title singles match on TV.  This week.

Jeff Hardy b Ricky Ortiz with a swanton

Jeff Hardy does a promo noting that Edge always wins at a PPV and then loses at the next one.  He didn't explain that's because the company changes its mind on who they want as champion every three weeks and Edge is always the heel in the picture

Gail Kim & Melina b Michelle McCool & Alicia Fox when Melina pinned McCool with the infared

Dolph Ziggler b Jimmy Wang Yang - Khali after the match chases Ziggler out

R-Truth b Mike Knox

Edge b Jericho via DQ.  Edge was the face to the audience.  Jericho brought in a chair for the DQ.  Jeff Hardy came out and laid both men out.  Punk came out with his briefcase to steal the title from Edge, but before he could do so, Umaga was in the ring.  Mysterio also hit the ring at the end so you ended with all three Smackdown matches for Judgment Day in a brawl

Dark match

Edge b Jeff Hardy in a cage match

Offline 6foot9

• bwah off
SmackDown Spoilers for May 15, 2009 (Plus two Superstars matches)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 05:04:51 PM »
oh goody Melina finally gets back on screen.
Kofi Kingston
Christian
The Miz
Ted DiBiase
Wade Barrett
Chris Jericho
CM Punk

Offline Conspiracy_Victim

• MY WHOLE BRAIN IS CRYING!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 06:08:26 PM »
So Ricky Ortiz is a heel jobber now?  On SD?

Offline Black Lushus

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 10:33:50 PM »
Hey, R-Truth gets a victory...how bout that!

Offline I Know You Like Sugar

• King Cucaracha
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 11:16:54 PM »
Yes to Rey vs. Shelton.

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 11:23:29 PM »
C.M. Punk & John Morrison vs Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas

Oh my yes.

Offline Big Green

• The King of the Mountain
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 11:26:02 PM »
Why won't someone tell Umaga to wait until AFTER Punk has cashed in MITB to attack? You know, so he won't have to keep stopping Punk from cashing in.

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 11:36:46 PM »
Another set of spoilers:

Report by James Perry and PWInsider.com

Smackdown starts with John Morrison & CM Punk vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team! Punk and Morrison win when Morrison hits the twisting split legged moonsault on Haas for the pin. Punk and Morrison mug for the camera like they're best friends and totally forget their huge feud from last year.

Out comes Chris Jericho to talk about the "conspiracy" against him. After a lengthy promo, he calls out Rey Mysterio only to get Edge instead. Edge berates Jericho about being the 'face' of Smackdown. Both verbally jockey for authority of the ring and who gets to call out their opponent at Judgment Day. Out comes Teddy Long to shut them up and sets up Jericho vs. Edge tonight.

Next up is Jeff Hardy. But first a recap of last week's PG 13 show sponsored by...Men's hair coloring? A lot of kids will use that stuff!

Jeff Hardy vs. Ricky Ortiz and...Ortiz wins!! Just kidding. Hardy gets W with a Swanton after a WAY too competitive of a match. Josh Matthews comes in to interview Hardy. Hardy points out Edge wins then loses at every PPV and Hardy plans on keeping that pattern intact at Judgment Day.

Divas tag action is next. Alicia Fox & Michelle McCool vs. Gail Kim & Melina. Could we please get a Triple Threat with Melina, McCool and Kim? I t could rival the Wrestlemania match with Stratus, Jazz and Lita. Melina pins McCool with her version of the Code Red.

Next up is Jimmy Wang Yang (who still has Deuce and Domino in his entrance video) vs. Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler wins with his reverse Paydirt.

The Great Khali comes out to exact some revenge from last week. Ziggler takes a powder and we go to commercial.

Cryme Tyme is back stage stirring the pot between Eve and Layla. Eve is now inspired to start a cat fight with Ms. El at the makeup table. Cryme Tyme "break up" the fight.

R-Truth vs. Mike Knox - R-Truth goes over after a spinning flying forearm shot.

Josh Mathews interviews Rey in the back to promote the IC match with Jericho this Sunday. They went to Grisham & JR in the ring to shill the PPV some more.

Edge vs. Jericho - Both cheated like crazy and the audience didn't know who to cheer for (but leaned more towards Edge). Both hit their submission moves and both got to the ropes. Edge wins after Jericho brings in a chair. Edge tries to use the chair on Jericho but Hardy comes down and hits the Swanton on the chair then takes out Jericho with a tope from the top rope to the floor. Then out comes CM Punk. The crowd erupts! Just as he's about to cash in the briefcase Umaga attacks, but Punk ducks and clocks him with the briefcase. They powder and fight into the crowd. Meanwhile Hardy attacks Edge in the ring again to the crowd's approval. Jericho slowly backs away up the ramp and is then promptly attacked by Mysterio. This is where the show probably ends.

Dark Main Event is a cage match between Hardy and Edge for the world title. I left before it ended.

Good crowd. 95% full arena.

Offline JPopStarKami

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 12:48:01 AM »
My only problem with Punk teaming with Morrison is they hated each other. Since Morrison is a face now, that doesn't matter, right? :P

Good job on being consistent with Punk trying to cash in. The more he teases it, the more the fans are going to want to see it happen. I'm hoping Punk goes over Umaga clean, but if they continue the feud, I wouldn't mind seeing Umaga win if Punk beats him in the blowoff, probably at the Extreme Rules PPV.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 10:58:03 AM »
From the daily F4W Update:

--Last night's Smackdown show was completely redone as the show was going on due to a knee injury suffered by Rey Mysterio in his match with Shelton Benjamin, taped for Superstars.  The original idea was a Rey Mysterio vs. Edge main event that would turn into a tag match with Mysterio & Jeff Hardy vs. Edge & Chris Jericho (I believe, it may have involved Mysterio & C.M. Punk vs. Edge & Umaga).  But the Edge vs. Chris Jericho main event was put together on the fly with the two having little if any lead time, as was Punk & John Morrison vs. Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, as well as the R-Truth vs. Mike Knox rematch.  The show ended up being good, because the tag match and Edge vs. Jericho delivered.

Chazz

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 03:58:27 PM »
If things would've went the way they planned had Rey not suffered a knee injury,(hope he's o.k.), the main event would've made the 3rd time in 2 weeks on all 3 brands they did the old "a one on one match/talk show segment is interrupted by other wrestlers, so the show's G.M. makes an impromptu tag team match" plot device.  Give em hell creative!

Offline DCH

• The Every Night Delight
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 06:37:23 PM »
I just finished watching SD and the last segment was done extremely well. It hyped up everything. The crowd went nuts when Punk's music hit. Some of them actually believed he'd steal it off Edge and we'd have Hardy/Punk for the WHC.   

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 04:29:21 AM »
My only problem with Punk teaming with Morrison is they hated each other. Since Morrison is a face now, that doesn't matter, right? :P

Just watching SmackDown! now, and i'll tell you what, it's absolutely surreal to see Punk and Morrison together. It's an awesome sight watching them team up.

Offline DCH

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 12:42:29 PM »
The moonlight drive looks brutal when JoMo does it.

Offline Psycho Penguin

• Mitch Richmond > Michael Jordan
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 01:30:24 PM »
Smackdown is on fire.

Offline Aero

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 02:05:42 PM »
Raw has been pretty awful lately, so I'm glad Smackdown has balanced it out with its awesomeness.

The opening tag match was great stuff, and I'm glad they almost seem to be behind giving Haas at least a small push to put him above complete jobber status. I agree that reforming TWGTT on a permanent basis would be a step down for Shelton, but I'd like to see them still team up together on occasion.

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 03:40:06 PM »
Has it been established as to why Umaga is going after Punk (maybe there's history between the two that I forgot about), or is it just one of those Mike Knox "just because" reasons?

Offline Next USC #55

• Back In Style
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 03:43:20 PM »
Has it been established as to why Umaga is going after Punk (maybe there's history between the two that I forgot about), or is it just one of those Mike Knox "just because" reasons?

I doubt they explained it but I figured Edge hired him to keep Punk off his back.

Offline ryankeast

• New Poster Who Should Be Posting
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 10:05:57 PM »
Yet another great show by the Blue Brand. Michael Hayes is booking simply and effective at the moment, letting the storytelling be done in the ring.

I'm not too bthered about the Punk / Morrison teaming, it's been a while since they feuded. It' is interesting when some superstars are traded to other brands as the bookers on this show are obviusly a lot more behind Hass than those on RAW ever were. A graet 15 minute tag team opener. The crowd getting more behind Morrison every week. This feud with Benjamin will hopefully last at least another month, to solidify Morrison as a viable singles star.

Chris Jericho is just the best thing in the WWE and pretty much has been for the past year. A slow burn angle with Edge would be amzing, I'm talking tease it all the way up until Survivor Serise. Jericho is the best at these angles, and as someone has said on this board before he is the only one that could turn Edge face. Not sure how I feel about Edge being face, but he is in need of a freshen up for his character and I think this is yet another step in the logical direction. If Jericho is so hands on with his character, I think it would make so much sense to let more superstars come up with their own shit.

Random POint - I hate it when Jeff Hardy has his face painted. I'm a fan of these random matches like Hardy / Ortiz. Ortiz is DDP for 2009. See nothing special in the guy and has nothing unique about him. He is literally big Carlito, what with the same hair and those horrendous baggy pants. Jeff is still not comfortable on the mic, but it doesn't matter when your as crazy over as he is.

The women's division on this side of the brand is at least not being treasted like a joke. A Fox turning heel was needed as they really are lacking on that side of the fence. Don't understand all the McCool hate as she is not actually that bad in the ring at all. I do hope thought that Mickie and not McCool though becomes the first double champion. Bout time Melina was on TV too.

Still not got into Ziggler yet. Comes across as far too generic. I would never have thought that he would be the only Spirit Squad member to be employed today. Khali is gonna squash him in two minutes soon and he will be JTTS.

Cryme Tyme still do nothing of worth since the draft......but at least they are doing something, playing backup in the epic Layla, Eve feud that is brewing along quite nicely . Will each member of Cryme Tyme side with a seperate diva?

R Truth wins a match!!!!!! The guy is over, what with his entrance and just needs the bookers to get behind him more. Glad they are not doing the usuall monster heel push with Knox. Have Truth win the third match and move on to Benjamin / Hass.

Digging the continued teasing of Punk cashing in the title. Umaga must be on Edge's payroll. Loved the ending with all three feuds getting some air time. A 6 man tag match will surely be booked next week involving all 6 men.

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 03:00:55 AM »
Why did they take Dolph's "Sunglasses at Night" theme away from him (and us)?!?! LORD WHY??

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
    • My YouTube Channel with over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 03:55:58 AM »
I thought it was Ryder who had that theme.
Check out my YouTube page for over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMonsoonClassic/videos

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 05:42:28 AM »
Damn. Sorry. I'm glue-huffingly retarded.

Offline Exslade ZX

• That's what she said.
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 08:47:45 AM »
Sort of a random question, but why do the Smackdown shows all of a sudden have titles? (Well, for the last few months) Just something I've noticed recently, watching the shows online they always start "Pt 1, Pt 2" and a reel title. And they're occasionally at the beginning of the recaps/spoilers too.

Is this something that's always been shown on the non-US broadcasts, and I'm just seeing it now because I've started watching them, or is this something new?

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 09:19:19 AM »
It's been on the Australian feeds for a good while now. I always download the Australian feed for TSM Fantasy scoring, mainly because its available about 10am UK time on a Friday. It's interesting, although usually have nothing to do with the main actions. There have been about Crime Time and the like lately.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
    • My YouTube Channel with over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2009, 11:41:17 AM »
R-Truth, Justice, & The Canadian Way was this week's title. 
Check out my YouTube page for over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMonsoonClassic/videos

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 11:47:33 AM »
I always include the SmackDown! titles in my Fantasy scoring. I knew there was a reason I did it.

Offline DCH

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2009, 12:57:27 PM »
It's been on the Australian feeds for a good while now. I always download the Australian feed for TSM Fantasy scoring, mainly because its available about 10am UK time on a Friday. It's interesting, although usually have nothing to do with the main actions. There have been about Crime Time and the like lately.

I've never seen the titles myself and I watch SD on TV in Australia. So I have no idea what you're talking about. I might check the Program info next time.

Offline ChrisMWaters

• Riding the waves of Insanity
    • Watersfall Industries
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 01:24:02 PM »
http://kapaeme.deviantart.com/art/Edge-and-Jericho-Season-122700153

Click back and forth between Edge and Jericho.

CURRENT EPISODE: Watercolors #7: Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling
"You're only given a little spark of madness.  And if you lose that, you're nothing."
Robin Williams
HBO Special