Author Topic: Chris Benoit is here and he is really mad.  (Read 7596 times)

Description: 5 years ago today

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
Re: Chris Benoit is here and he is really mad.
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2019, 07:47:15 AM »
Man they never arrested Kevin Sullivan.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
  • Sometimes A Friend is Worth A Billion Dollars

Offline Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2020, 02:51:57 AM »
Question - if David Benoit is serious about pursuing wrestling and actually possesses some talent, would WWE ever sign him? If they did, they would certainly need to change his name.

Offline Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2020, 03:01:00 AM »
I don't think he is at all serious cause he has been talking about wrestling for 4 or 5 years and hasn't actually gone through with any training (and tried to wrestle for whatever carny Stampede retread Bruce Hart is running untrained).

I feel like his dad's friends would help train him but I don't think any major North American promotion would touch him except maybe Impact BECAUSE HE LOOKS JUST LIKE GD DOUBLE MURDERER CHRIS BENOIT!!! Maybe if he wore a mask.

I feel bad for the guy. It's not his fault that his dad turned into a mush for brains, homicidal maniac but I wish he would just kind of stay away.

Offline Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2020, 04:11:15 AM »

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2020, 05:51:45 AM »
That kid looks exact like his father as a zombie.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2020, 06:27:12 AM »
WWE can just change his name to StupidDavid Murdererface and give him the 24/7 Title.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 7 IS HERE!

Buy my novel, Accounting For Glory, now in paperback!

I made a silly Disney Parks RPG. You should check it out here!

Apparently Artistic - See my dubious attempts at making art.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2020, 06:40:51 AM »
Maybe not the right thread (?) but I found out the Jr. of a convicted pedophile named his first born III. I consulted several Jrs and IIIs that I know (including looking introspectively) and almost 100%, if Sr. did some reprehensible crime like murder or sex crimes while I'm a child, I would 100% NOT name my kid III. We then delved into the state of mind that this specific guy must have as far as denial or as bad as even still having a relationship with Sr.

All that said, I would hope that if David Benoit is serious about wrestling he does everything he can to change his look, ring name, everything to disassociate himself from Chris. A mask is a great idea, but depending on his style, when is the last time a mainstream (Japan included) non-lucha style wrestler wore a mask full time? Y'all know more than me on that one. If it's Benoit in Japan, we don't want to check that box, I think.

I'm thinking grow hair out or shave it and rock the hell out of some face paint. There are a million wrestlers he could pay homage to without referencing Chris. Just spit balling, he could be Ed(die) Irvine as a shout to Eddie and Jericho. Ok that name kinda sucks for a ring name, but you get where I'm going with it.

Offline Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2020, 08:33:06 AM »
David also said in the interview that the Benoit estate nicked the biopic cause they didn't like the fact that it had a tragic ending and they wanted something more upbeat

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2020, 12:58:56 PM »

All that said, I would hope that if David Benoit is serious about wrestling he does everything he can to change his look, ring name, everything to disassociate himself from Chris. A mask is a great idea, but depending on his style, when is the last time a mainstream (Japan included) non-lucha style wrestler wore a mask full time? Y'all know more than me on that one. If it's Benoit in Japan, we don't want to check that box, I think.

He said the exact opposite.  He already paid for several pairs of duplicate type Benoit tights and such.

Without googling it, he's something like 28-30, and clearly not hitting the gym too hard, so I think we are safe. 

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2020, 01:05:16 PM »
He was supposed to train (or be training) with Lance Storm but I don't know if it ever happened. It doesn't seem like he's very serious because he seems friendly with Natalya and Chris Jericho and could probably use those connections to get a foot in the door somewhere (not WWE to start out, imo) and then go from there but he hasn't. I also think his dad's name/reputation is slightly better in Japan and he could probably use that to get in with some dojo over there if he were serious.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Piranhas are a very tricky species.
« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2020, 02:30:41 PM »
He needs a mask. El Hijo del Roots Genoa.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2020, 04:57:54 AM »
I don't think he's ever stepped foot in a ring and even if he has, he was never training for any long periods of time.  Just look at him.  It's weird that he shows up every 6 months to talk about becoming a wrestler and his dad but this has been going on for a few years now and no results.

DTF

Offline JN News

• CXF's Resident Schizo.
  • JN News
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2020, 06:49:12 AM »
https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/david-benoit-kevin-sullivan-didn-t-do-anything-we-had-police-look-him?utm_source=TW-FightfulWrestling&utm_medium=Fightful%20Wrestling%20News&utm_campaign=dlvr.it.organic
Maybe JN News will finally believe that Chris Benoit committed those homicides but probably not.

Well Kamala, I'm convinced now. Maybe Benoit probably decided to Quit Life. So, he killed his family, because he felt he could not continue. Especially after Eddie Guerrero died.

However, there is no excuse to kill your wife and child. Period. He's in Hell, now. Good riddence.