Author Topic: House Shows/Live Events thread  (Read 30078 times)

Description:

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
House Shows/Live Events thread
« Reply #200 on: June 02, 2011, 02:45:34 AM »
Bump for tomorrow night. The radio says that the main event is Cena/Miz/Punk with Kingston/del Rio on the undercard. For some reason, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan is hosting the show, so that's going to be stupendous. This will be my first time seeing Punk live, and I'm hoping Dolph Ziggler is on the card for the same reason.

I'm glad he dyed his hair back so he looks like Mr. Perfect, not Randy Orton.

Online Bernie Bro Kamala

• CXF Writer
  • Sometimes A Friend is Worth A Billion Dollars
« Reply #201 on: June 02, 2011, 02:47:04 AM »
I almost guarantee Duggan's going to wallop Alberto Del Rio and/or Ricardo Rodriguez with the 2x4.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
« Reply #202 on: June 02, 2011, 03:27:23 AM »
Bump for tomorrow night. The radio says that the main event is Cena/Miz/Punk with Kingston/del Rio on the undercard. For some reason, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan is hosting the show, so that's going to be stupendous. This will be my first time seeing Punk live, and I'm hoping Dolph Ziggler is on the card for the same reason.

The radio told you everything it knows, so hopefully Zack defends his IC title on the show.

Offline The ghost of bps21

• Wade the Duck says: Your brush with Greatness is OVER!
« Reply #203 on: June 02, 2011, 05:02:50 PM »
I'm probably going to end up going to the TNA ballpark show that Hogan is going to be at.  I'm not going to buy any of the expensive packages to meet and greet anyone but they've convinced me to buy a cheap ticket.  Not for Angle, AJ, Beer Money or even THE POPE.  But they added The British Invasion.  Sold.

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #204 on: June 03, 2011, 04:07:14 PM »

Full report tomorrow.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #205 on: June 03, 2011, 04:51:42 PM »

Full report tomorrow.

Don't tell me you sold out and bought a Rey Mysterio mask

Online Bernie Bro Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #206 on: June 03, 2011, 04:53:59 PM »
He ripped it off his head with the help of CM Punk and the New Nexus.

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #207 on: June 03, 2011, 05:15:34 PM »
I hope he stole it from the kid who Rey gave it too.

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #208 on: June 04, 2011, 12:59:15 AM »
That's not me.

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #209 on: June 04, 2011, 02:06:49 AM »
WWE HOUSE SHOW RESULTS HUNTSVILLE, AL 6/3/2011

If you recall correctly, this was rescheduled due to snow and was originally supposed to be the same night as the BCS National Championship game. I still can't help but wonder what the attendance would have been like on that night. As it stands, the Von Braun Civic Center was about 3/5 full. Our seats, which I won off the radio, were in the middle stadium style seats, about 30 yards from the ring. I suppose the rest of the people who won tickets either lost interest, forgot, or died, because there were only four others (two kids with a respective parental unit) on our whole row. Weird note: Instead of having the ring announcer (who was not Justin Roberts) make the safety precaution announcements about laser pens and throwing stuff into the ring, it was a pre-recorded message.

MATCH #1: US Champion Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler

Dolph cut a pre-match promo about being the "best wrestler and sports entertainer in the world" and threatened to take the belt and wrap it around Vickie's waist. "That belt will never be the same again!" <3 Dolph <3 I'm sure you can imagine how well this worked as the opener. Dolph was super-over as a heel, not to take away from Kofi, so they both had the crowd in the palms of their hands from the beginning. Dolph dominated Kofi on the mat, who would get HUGE pops for fireman's carrying Dolph. Wrestling is awesome. The finish was a flying crossbody, which Dolph leaped about three feet in the air to take.

Next up, we're introduced to our guest host, HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN. I wish they hadn't been advertising him on the radio. I can't imagine how much we would have flipped out to get Hacksaw out of nowhere. I can't believe I got to do some HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO's and USA chants at a WWE show in 2011. Awesome awesome awesome. Hacksaw picks some kids from ringside for a contest before being interrupted by the three worst members of the New Nexus, namely all of them except Punk. Otunga took mic duties, thankfully, and did okay I must admit. He's over as a heel since he has that IT FACTOR combo of being able to talk on a microphone without suffering a stroke and looking like he's a stroke victim when he wrestles. Santino, Kozlov, and Evan Bourne make the save, so Duggan sets up a six man tag to start immediately.

MATCH #2 Six Man Tag Team Action

I just want to take this time to point out a few things. At one point, Mason Ryan tagged in for the first time. He's over based purely on size alone I guess. Anyways, I swear to you, he tagged in, threw an awful punch, and immediately tagged out to McGillicutty. Guess who is NOT over AT ALL. So anyways, the best part of this match, Mason Ryan tags back in behind the ref's back LIKE A HEEL, sees that the ref did not see him get tagged in, panics, and gets back on the apron and waits for the ref to turn around before tagging himself in. GOOD WORK. The other best part of this match was the babyfaces working a BATTERING RAM spot. HEll yeah. Poor Kozlov can not ever be thrown out of the ring properly. Cobra -> Shooting Star Press wins. Always good to see Bourne live.

MATCH #3 Jack Swagger vs "KOABtime" Percy Watson

Couldn't believe this one for a variety of reasons. Swagger came out doing pull ups on the entrance way. Basic match since they've stripped Percy of his glasses and catchphrase. I was distracted during this match because my (25 year old) friend Will came back from the bathroom with a Rey Mysterio mask. Anklelock wins it. Percy takes his time leaving due to his bad ankle, so The Miz comes out and berates him before talking about Alex Riley. Pretty good promo, built around a string of "REALLYs". Riley eventually runs through the crowd to initiate a pull-apart. Miz was advertised for the main event (as you would expect, none of the advertised matches happened), but this was all he did, so I'm starting to wonder if he's banged up following Mania/Extreme Rules.

INTERMISSION during which I beat the crowd to the merch stand and picked up a Hall of Fame/WrestleMania program full of awesome photos, including the Flair/Macho one I have as my sig.

MATCH #4 The Bella Twins vs Beth Phoenix and Eve Torres

All the girls are hot in person, they all did their moves, no TWIN MAGIC, but Beth busted out a slingshot suplex, so that was awesome. She won it with the Glam Slam.

MATCH #5 ALBERTO DEL RIO vs Masterpiece Chris Masters

Alberto del Rio is glorious in person. I haven't felt so much good in my soul since this time I was riding around in a golf cart while on mushrooms and stopped a few feet away from this white tree. Ricardo Rodriguez doesn't work house shows, which is bullshit. Anyways, Alberto cut a promo about how he remembered when Masters was beating HHH and Shawn Michaels with his Masterlock, and that these "ugly, no-talented people don't deserve this match." Alberto also put over his cross-armbreaker as being better than the Masterlock. So this match was awesome since Chris Masters got good while you weren't paying attention. Finish was Alberto getting Masters on his shoulders, who dropped down and tried a full-nelson, but del Rio blocked it, got his over-the-knees single arm DDT, and hooked the cross-armbreaker for the win. Glorious.

MATCH #6 R-Truth vs CM Punk vs John Cena

R-Truth cut a wacky promo, but it wasn't wacky enough. CM Punk did a lap around ringside taunting fans, one of whom offered him a beer. I wish I had been closer for that, although I'm sure it happens every night. I ran to the bathroom while Cena was coming out and met TIM WHITE at one of the beer vendors. I hate bothering people, especially someone who was barely in the limelight and is now completely out of it, but I couldn't help myself. I told him he was always one of my favorite refs and that I had watched all my life, and he thanked me for "staying hot." I asked him about riding with Andre the Giant before excusing myself to the bathroom. Match was exactly what you'd expect.

All in all, we had a really good time, but I think last year's show was better.

Offline WKU Tops

• Danville_Wrestling
« Reply #210 on: June 04, 2011, 05:07:23 AM »
Sounds better than the RAW house show I went to last December.  They are changing Percy's gimmick?  WTF?

Online Bernie Bro Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #211 on: June 04, 2011, 11:57:20 AM »
They are changing Percy's gimmick? 
Oh No!

Offline 2GOLD

« Reply #212 on: June 04, 2011, 02:00:56 PM »

Why would they change Percy's gimmick? He's awesome at it. Hell, they just now sent Truth back to the gimmick he dominated with before they called him up as K-kwick all those years ago.

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2011, 02:36:29 AM »
Oh, hey, that Hall of Fame/Mania program I bought refers to the Top 50 Superstars DVD as "controversial" and actually acknowledges the HHH/Undertaker match from X-7 on their spread.

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2011, 02:44:50 AM »

Why would they change Percy's gimmick? He's awesome at it. Hell, they just now sent Truth back to the gimmick he dominated with before they called him up as K-kwick all those years ago.

Isn't that basically what they do with everyone once they get called up,  with few exceptions?  Know that gimmick you've been fine-tuning in FCW for the past couple years?  Yea, the one where you're a Soviet shootfigher who can dominate your opponent with an assortment of throws and submissions?   Well, we've decided to make you a goofy Italian.  

All things considered, that worked out well for Santino, but still.

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #215 on: June 09, 2011, 03:04:23 AM »
I forgot to mention, the Bellas worked heel tag spots better than anyone in Nexus.

« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2011, 02:12:57 PM »
I went to the TNA show in Buffalo.  It was a pretty good time.  They claimed that a couple of the matches were a part of the Bound For Glory series...so keeping track of that thing is already a disaster.  I have my doubts but then Gunner pinned AJ Styles.  There is no other reason for that finish on a house show.  The crowd was shocked and pissed...which I enjoyed.  They did that deal they do every show where for 20 bucks you get in the ring and get your picture taken with Angle and Beer Money.  The line was unbelievably long...like in a way that kind of makes you sad.  If they did sell all of those 300 and 200 dollar packages to meet Hulk Hogan they made 20 grand just on that deal.  Combine that with the people who bought the 60 dollar meet and greet with the other wrestlers and the line of people with 20s in their hands at the end...and all the merchandise I saw people walking around with...the Knockouts will eat next week. 

Offline claydude14

• CXF Writer
« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2011, 02:41:45 PM »
I almost went to that, but did the RAW house show in Rochester last week instead. How was the Basebrawl set up? Ring near home plate? Did you see Don West? How insane was he?

« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2011, 02:42:38 PM »
It was set up in right field.  Don West was running around everywhere.  That man must do a ton of cocaine. 

Offline oldskool

• DO IT with your female best friend ROCKAPELLA
  • CXF Writer
  • oldskool
« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2011, 03:21:51 PM »
I almost went to that, but did the RAW house show in Rochester last week instead. How was the Basebrawl set up? Ring near home plate? Did you see Don West? How insane was he?
Gah, how was the Rochester house show? It's the first show in town I've missed since the 2006 RAW & I hear it was just a Capitol Punishment walkthrough with Truth/Cena & Miz/Riley as co-main event.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #220 on: June 29, 2011, 04:59:14 AM »
In August, a local indie card here is being headlined by Kevin Nash vs Carlito.

« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2011, 11:35:51 AM »
Quick question: I'm going to the Supershow in Milwaukee before the PPV next month, and I'm wondering how long do they last? Also, what's a good time to get to arana? The last WWE event was in 2002, so I'm a bit out of the loop.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • RedJed's Rasslin' Rants - Only on YouTube! The latest in the wild and wacky world of pro wrestling!!
« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2011, 11:58:38 AM »
Went to the PWG show last week in CA here........another amazing show from these guys after last year's show I went to (Seventh Anniversary show) totally blew me away. The venue they are at monthly is so awesome, as is the smarky crowd. We got front row this time around and it was a hell of a tournament. Most probably already heard results but KOW more than likely worked their last show here and put over four guys in one night in a big way. First, both Claudio and Hero put over Willie Mack (awesome SoCal worker who is like a black Samoa Joe) and El Generico respectively in the first round of the tourney. Then they had an impromptu tag match with the Young Bucks (who are now making a storyline with their characters on all the heat they have from RVD, Booker, etc) that they put them over clean.

Main event ended up being Steen vs Generico which was one hell of an insane brawl live. Was easily as good as their Final Battle match. Also earlier in the show, Steen worked against Finlay which delivered too.

Offline Marie I

• FLAM
« Reply #223 on: August 22, 2011, 12:13:24 PM »
Nice. I heard about the PWG shows. Really excited for Hero and Claudio going to the WWE. I'd like to fly out to BOLA one year when I can afford it. Hopefully next year. I'm also pretty stoked that Finlay is working big indy shows now. Glad that Evolve show wasn't a one time deal.

I'll be at the NYC Chikara show on the 19th. ROH will be here on the 18th. Not sure if I'm going though.

Offline Nymyzys

Re: House Shows/Live Events thread
« Reply #224 on: December 02, 2011, 02:12:59 AM »
Going to a Smackdown live event tomorrow night at the James Brown Arena.  My first live show since Wrestlemania in Atlanta.  Really looking forward to it.  Main event is supposed to be Randy Orton vs Mark Henry in a steel cage for the WHC.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
    • My YouTube Channel with over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos
« Reply #225 on: December 17, 2011, 02:19:25 PM »
Just came back from a PWO TV Taping. Show was good on its own but the crowd was quite hot for a family friendly indy show, especially after N8 Mattson called some kid a "fat tub".
Check out my YouTube page for over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMonsoonClassic/videos

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • RedJed's Rasslin' Rants - Only on YouTube! The latest in the wild and wacky world of pro wrestling!!
« Reply #226 on: December 18, 2011, 06:32:50 AM »
Just came back from a PWO TV Taping. Show was good on its own but the crowd was quite hot for a family friendly indy show, especially after N8 Mattson called some kid a "fat tub".

Was that the same show that I thought I saw they had on gofightlive.tv last night?

Next year is already going to be one of the biggest for me in terms of going to shows. I'm going all out this year leading to Mania:

-Royal Rumble in St Louis (first Rumble I'll be at, closest its ever been to MN), Raw in KC, and Smackdown in Omaha on consecutive nights.

-Elimination Chamber in Milwaukee, Raw the next night in Minneapolis, maybe Smackdown the next night too if its close

-Then all the stuff in Miami and Florida for a few weeks there, including probably Impact tapings in Orlando, ROH, HOF, Raw, Smackdown and Mania.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
« Reply #227 on: December 19, 2011, 03:23:21 AM »
Yeah, that was the one. They announced that the GFL taping part was cancelled a couple days prior but I'm sure word didn't spread quick enough. The show got a little exhausting by the end since the same guys were coming out by the time they got to Hour 4.

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #228 on: December 19, 2011, 03:35:45 AM »
Kane apparently attacked John Cena following a match against Miz at a live event over the weekend. Expect Kane to be getting squashed by Cena on TV very soon.

Offline devo

« Reply #229 on: January 18, 2012, 07:25:50 AM »
Anybody here going to the PWO show on Sunday? This'll be my first time seeing the promotion in person and I was curious as to whether or not any board members were planning on attending.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
« Reply #230 on: January 18, 2012, 08:44:01 AM »
I've been waffling back and forth regarding attending. The show they taped in Parma (1st show of that taping aired this past Sunday) was really good due to a hot, good-sized crowd but that Streetsboro venue looks like a depressing dungeon on television.

Online Bernie Bro Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #231 on: February 02, 2012, 05:23:25 AM »
This could be its own thread but the only wrestler that I could maybe see dropping $20 on to take a photo with is Ric Flair. I could probably count on one hand the number of wrestlers I'd pay $10 to take pictures with.
This is a pretty depressing comment in retrospect. For $20 now, I could probably get Naitch to come over to my house, make me dinner, and take my dog for a walk.

I'm debating on whether to go to a big indy show at a huge 5,000 seat arena headlined by an appearance by Bret Hart and featuring Finlay, Carlito,  Matt Hardy, D.H. Smith, Shane Douglas, and Bushwhacker Luke for $20 or seeing a show at a 150 seat community center a few weeks later featuring Larry Zbyszko and John Cena's dad for $8. Probably end up going to both and making fun of them ITT or just flat out forgetting them until the night they're happening.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #232 on: February 10, 2012, 09:19:28 AM »
It took me forever but I finally got to uploading all of the pictures from my Rumble/Raw/Smackdown hat trick down south of here a few weeks ago. I had really good seats in lower level for each show, caught myself on TV here and there in the mask. Rumble was so much better live than it came across on TV probably just because I was so hyped for attending a Rumble match live and experiencing that finally was cool. The undercard seemed much better live too as the crowd was one of the best ones Ive been a part of in awhile, St. Louis really is a great wrestling city for sure. Raw in KC was also equally great live as the crowd was hot and people lost their shit when Taker showed up. Smackdown in Omaha was ok but a bigtime step down from the previous other shows, and I felt a little burned out from the entire trip and was tired for most of the show so that didn't help things. But then again if the Superstars/NXT tapings werent so goddamn dull and boring, maybe I would have been more into the Smackdown stuff. Orton/Barrett was ok live but otherwise a really standard show and a crowd there that totally sucked.

http://photobucket.com/wwejan2012

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #233 on: February 14, 2012, 09:34:32 AM »
Current Main Events include:

The Inland Empire’s first eight man Battle Royal with the winner to challenge “The All American American” Jack Swagger for the United States Championship!
    Former Partner’s will collide as R Truth and The Miz face off!
    The monstrous Kane will battle “The Second City Savior” CM Punk!

Don’t miss a special appearance by Chris Jericho! Also scheduled to appear: Kofi Kingston, Santino Marella, Primo, Epico, Brodus Clay, the WWE Divas and many more!

This is about 15 bucks each, if they still have available tickets. Chances are they won't. I also wouldn't be surprised to run into Matt Young there. Should I go?

Fake edit: They don't have any for that price right now and I'm not paying more.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #234 on: February 14, 2012, 09:44:40 AM »
I might go to that show because I haven't been to a house show in 15 years.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

• Admin
« Reply #235 on: February 14, 2012, 09:54:17 AM »
I shudder to think how few tickets are going to be sold for that...all the 15 dollar ones only...and they'll probably never go back.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #236 on: February 14, 2012, 03:05:50 PM »
I love their obsession with running Kane against CM "I literally have never been able to hit the GTS on Kane" Punk

Online Bernie Bro Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2012, 07:20:34 AM »
http://www.big-time-wrestling.com/store/events/sun-325-augusta-me/
I bought cheap seats to this show. Only actual match announced is Finlay Vs Carlito. Crossing my fingers that Finlay will stiff the hell out of him but I really was hoping it'd be Finlay beating the crap out of Fatt Hardy. Knowing my luck, it'll be Hardy Vs Shane Douglas.

• Admin
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2012, 07:30:12 AM »
I wound up paying more to go. It sucks that Punk is destined to have a bad match, but I'll be able to laugh at Kane the whole time.

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2012, 07:35:24 AM »
What a series of promos that would produce

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2012, 09:24:52 AM »
Going to visit some family in Ohio in a couple weeks and I wound up getting tickets to the Smackdown taping in Columbus on the 13th.  Better be a Funkasaurus on hand...
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Online Bernie Bro Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #241 on: February 25, 2012, 03:39:30 AM »
http://www.big-time-wrestling.com/store/events/sun-325-augusta-me/
I bought cheap seats to this show. Only actual match announced is Finlay Vs Carlito. Crossing my fingers that Finlay will stiff the hell out of him but I really was hoping it'd be Finlay beating the crap out of Fatt Hardy. Knowing my luck, it'll be Hardy Vs Shane Douglas.
And they've announced Lanny Poffo is going to be on the card. Might be the best $16 I've ever spent!

Also he's is doing an indy show forty five minutes away earlier in the afternoon and an autograph signing at a gym a couple miles from my house the day before that I may or may not go to, so he's really hitting up the indy circuit hard in the wake of big brother Mach's untimely demise.

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #242 on: February 25, 2012, 12:19:13 PM »
If you don't wanna meet the god damn Genius then fuck you.

Online Bernie Bro Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #243 on: February 25, 2012, 12:24:57 PM »
It's only $5 for an autograph or photo so I can't complain about the price even if I am unemployed. Maybe I'll have him sign my copy of WrestleMania VI.

Offline wnyxmcneal

« Reply #244 on: February 25, 2012, 01:39:43 PM »
For $5, he should write a poem about you.

Online Bernie Bro Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #245 on: February 25, 2012, 02:46:11 PM »
If The Genius wrote a poem about me, not only would I definitely go but I would make said poem about me my TSM signature for the rest of my time boarding here.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #246 on: February 25, 2012, 02:50:59 PM »
King Kamala, 10,835 posts
A genius of sorts, but he does not boast
Beggin like Keith Sweat, with liquids he will anoint
Like my dead brother Randy Savage, give him a Tommy Point

Online Bernie Bro Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #247 on: February 25, 2012, 02:58:47 PM »

"Bing bang boom! That Precious Roy reminds me of a young Czech Republic! He gets a Tommy Point!"

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #248 on: February 25, 2012, 03:13:56 PM »
Kamala is the worst, there’s no doubt of that
His posting's deficient, his body is fat.
I’d tell him, “post better”, but what is the point
He’d just ignore it, and stuff his face
at the local gook joint.

Online Bernie Bro Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #249 on: February 25, 2012, 03:17:39 PM »

"C'mon! WHAT IS THE MODERATOR LOOKING AT!? THAT WAS A FLAGRANT FOUL ON KING KAMALA! THAT BURNING PIRATE SHIP SEX SHOULD BE THROWN OUTTA THE GAME, MIKE, I TELL YA WHAT!"