Author Topic: NBA Playoffs: Conference Finals  (Read 25141 times)

Description:

Offline Czech

• Boardrunner Emeritus
NBA Playoffs: Conference Finals
« Reply #600 on: May 31, 2009, 07:01:54 AM »
I guess The Next Michael Jordan will have to wait another year to start on his six+ world championships. That's okay, it's not like he's running out of time or anything.

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #601 on: June 02, 2009, 03:15:03 PM »
OK, I'll be the one to ask.  What if the Cavs had gone through with that trade for Shaq (for Wallace and Szczerbiak/Pavlovic)?
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

naiwf

« Reply #602 on: June 02, 2009, 03:31:47 PM »
Shaq would be on his way to a 5th ring and would get to personally ask Kobe how his ass tasted later this month.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #603 on: June 03, 2009, 01:47:11 AM »
If the Cavs made the Finals with Shaq the hype machine for these finals would be in nuclear mode. "It's Kobe vs. Shaq and Lebron! SHAQ! KOBE! LEBRON!" They'd be going nuts with the different storylines.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline SteakGrowsOnDmitri

• Just heea me out, bro
« Reply #604 on: June 03, 2009, 02:13:55 AM »
It really wouldn't surprise me if the Cavs tried to get Shaq this summer.

Offline #sorrynotsorry

• still fly
  • #bae
« Reply #605 on: June 03, 2009, 02:45:36 AM »
I don't think a 38 going on 39 year old Shaq is going to get the Cavs closer to a championship.

naiwf

« Reply #606 on: June 03, 2009, 03:59:37 AM »
He averaged about 18 & 8 this season and played in 75 games for the 5th time in his career (first time since '99-'00). He probably won't be that good or that healthy next year, but if they had picked him up for the stretch run I'm almost positive they'd still be playing because you can't double LeBron AND Shaq on every play. The pieces they would have given up didn't do anything in the postseason anyway.

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #607 on: June 03, 2009, 04:47:20 AM »
Cleveland got killed in this series because they had no perimeter defense as LBJ was always having to help out in the post since Ben Wallace sucks. Whether they beat Orlando or not depends on how well Shaq can contain D-How to the point of allowing Lebron to help guard the perimeter.

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!