Author Topic: The Sopranos: Rewatch  (Read 29884 times)

Description: He killed 16 Czechoslovakians

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
Re: The Sopranos: Rewatch
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2012, 01:48:27 AM »
"His house looked like shit" is an all time great punchline.

Offline JAxlMorrison

« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2012, 02:48:31 AM »
Next time there's a big sale on HBO DVD's, I am buying the entire series for a rewatch due to this!

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2012, 04:30:53 AM »
If you have an HBO subscription and a good internet connection, sign up for HBOGo and you get that shit for free.

Charmaine is really interesting because I'm pretty sure she's the only semi-major recurring character who never, ever buys into Tony's shit.

She is. Even Father Phil fell into the trap.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline JAxlMorrison

« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2012, 04:50:38 AM »
you might have just made me an HBO subscriber.

• Admin
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2012, 04:52:49 AM »
Make sure your cable company supports HBOGo first. Some are backwards and don't.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2012, 07:05:24 AM »
The end scene sorta highlights a thing I've wondered each time I've watched through the show, how does Tony pull broads like these?

I get that he's a mob boss and all that but he's also balding, overweight and despicable as fuck on top of treating women like shit so I hear you on that.

Tony Soprano had swag before having swag was cool.

DTF

• Admin
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2012, 05:17:11 PM »
Just realized while watching the next episode of this that I'm gonna have to rewatch The Wire again too. Not next but in good time, will write about that too.

• Admin
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2012, 05:57:56 PM »
AMOUR FOU

- Carmela getting hit with the relationship breakup bombshell left her in some awe, it's also not elaborated upon by Meadow at this moment, so we really have no idea what Carmela knows regarding this matter. Turns out nothing at all.

- The Gloria-Tony thing helps us to explore the matter of being in a relationship with somebody who's mentally ill. Both of them are in their own way. Oh yeah, I forgot about this part. Melfi tells Tony that he's not charged for this month's sessions because he gave her so much money last time. Thus sewing up the mistake of her taking extra money from him. Their ensuing dialogue is very interesting and foreshadows later things Gloria is to do. Her story in bed with Tony a few minutes later is mad boring, but then at the end she was about to say if not for those two kids I'd have nothing...stopped herself though.

- Jackie expecting Tony to reach out to somebody at Rutgers, what a cocksucker, why not just put in the work? The pizza place scene with Jackie and telling the guys to find a Taco Bell was stupid sounding, didn't come off realistic and all.

- Oh shit the Gloria-Carmela scene. First time through I had no idea what to expect. Thought for sure this crazy bitch wouldn't be able to keep her mouth shut. Couldn't keep her foot off the pedal or stop with the snide insults, but at least Carmela didn't pick up on it. It's interesting to see Carmela's interactions with somebody who she believes knows nothing about what their family does or is about.

- Ralph telling Jackie and this other fool about Tony and Jackie Sr. hijacking Feech's card game was a major mistake. Did he know this clown would try this stupid shit himself? The major difference here is that Feech is legit, Eugene Pontecorvo is not in the least so all robbing him is gonna do is piss people off. These two are also wannabes and haven't done shit. Also why does the idiot try to rob someone in Ralph's crew? Moron. Lol at Jackie going on to then call Ralph a secret fag.

- Carmela crying over the Pedigree commercial prior to this Tony-Gloria scene was interesting. Gloria freaking out over the slashed tires is ridiculous. Hilarious how she turns everything on its head. Not hilarious is Tony saying he slapped the piss out of Irina and expecting Gloria to find that acceptable on any level.

- Sad when people think the worst, like Carmela believing she has ovarian cancer. However, I empathize because I tend to do that from time to time myself. This priest says some interesting things.

- Tony's false sadness about the Jackie Jr news from Carmela was amusing. Tony finding out about Gloria from his wife is something I'm surprised he didn't go absolutely apeshit over even in front of her. Had to be hard to stow away that kind of emotion or not have a panic attack. Rampaging over to the Benz dealership, putting his hands on Gloria's neck damn that was some crazy shit even for this show. IT'S OVER.

- At least it turned out that Carmela did not have ovarian cancer. This conversation where the wives relate themselves to Hilary Clinton is real awkward.

- Oh God Gloria with the mad crazy phone conversation. Actress who plays her is real good.  Anyhow, he shows up at her place, and she goads him into more fighting. These two define incompatible. DAMN HE PUNCHED HER. THEN HE REALIZES GLORIA IS JUST LIKE HIS MOM. WHAT AN EPIPHANY GOTTA HIT BROADS TO FIGURE THAT OUT. Then his repressed rage towards his mother leads to him totally freaking out when she says she'll tell his family, that being said, that's what she wanted him to do. This is why you don't cheat on your spouse dudes. Wildest scene ever right here.

- Jackie with the cld feet showing his true lack of balls can't believe he actually manned up and did it. Breaking in like this was a massive fucking mistake. Furio, Chris, and Eugene all in the same place how the fuck did anyone think they'd get away with this. Chris knew immediately who it was. LOL at the getaway driver bailing the fuck out of there. OH NO SUNSHINE KILLED BY JACKIE WHEN HE CAN'T HANDLE HIS SHIT. AH SHIT CHRIS BRAINED THAT RANDOM DUDE AND THEY HAVE A FULL SHOOTOUT. THEN FURIO SAYS SOME CRAZY SHIT IN ITALIAN AND YOU KNOW THESE GUYS ARE GONNA GET TORN THE FUCK UP. LOL JACKIE DRIVING STRAIGHT PAST HIS BUDDY DINO WHO HE PLANNED THIS SHIT OUT WITH. DINO.ICED. HE DEAD. Straight out executed in the street that's hardcore. I can't believe this moron said he was with Ralphie.

This could legitimately be the best two-scene combo in any show, but I haven't finished as many shows as I'd like to have. Had to re-watch the robbery scene cause wow what the fuck so much shit goes on here. Sunshine's quips are hilarious, that's the kind of shit my cousin's grandfather would say while dealing cards. Also realized that Matush was the getaway driver. Hilarious that some ED pill doctor who was shooting a commercial is a mob surgeon, Furio's talking during this shit is amazing. Chris with the recalcitrance was a stupid ass idea. Chris told Tony he loved him in a past-tense sense that shit is totally messed up.

- Ralph saying he wanted to give Jackie a pass was a mistake for an initial comment. I think he knew what had to be done but was in total denial over it, Tony also encouraged it because Ralph not doing anything would make him look horrible. The shot of Ralph walking out of Satriale's and staring into space is a great one.

- It all comes together at this Tony session with Melfi, and he finally gets it, surprisingly they don't argue over it at all. This is the most frank discussion they have to this point without a blow-up moment. Shortly after, the Patsy scene with Gloria is chilling to the max. "Scraping your nipples off these fine leather seats" DAMN

- This scene with Rosalie is sad. Does anyone else in this show suffer more grief?

- And right there you notice Carmela takes the priest's advice and sheds the ring.

Videos:

What an exciting episode. The Gloria scene in particular was a little hard to watch, but not nearly as bad as the Tracee scenes from earlier. Anyhow, i like this show format of blow everything off in the second to last episode, leave the last one so that people can see how everything shook out afterward. And this one was as good as it gets, it's unreal to have so many climaxes in one episode, yet there are.

• Admin
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2012, 08:01:11 PM »
THE ARMY OF ONE

- AJ finding ways to get in more trouble is no surprise. I laughed hard at the authorities having the pee DNA tested. Make sure you don't do some shit like that when you steal test answers. Stealing test answers and getting all the questions right is a pretty stupid move too. Gotta just go for a passing grade not the full A. WHOA SHIT WORLDS CLASH AS JACKIE HITS UP OMAR LITTLE FOR A PLACE TO STAY.

- Paulie's mom is an interesting character, funny that he puts her in Green Grove. IT'S A RETIREMENT COMMUNITY. LOL that Paulie's mom thinks this is a great place for her to live, what a reversal from what we know. Tied to this, Paulie and Ralph having a vendetta seems like something that could be amazing, but not really. At least I don't think it is. Ralph taking a fake phone call from "Tony" is some complete bullshit kinda thing a douchebag like that would do.

- Jackie calling Tony and pleading for his life like that's gonna help him out was a, well, what did he think that was gonna do? Of course it wouldn't do shit, he brought this upon himself. Tony laying this decision off on Ralph is amazing man management, he doesn't want to do this at all so it's a perfect way to pull it off.

- This FBI sacks of shit coming up with their idea to trap Adriana with some background checks chick was a pretty smart move, but uh, her falling for it was quite expected. I still can't believe Omar in this scene at the projects, how amazing is it.

- And oh shit they link Jackie's life to the chess game just like it's done in The Wire with the street kids. Right after that WHABAM VITO ICES THIS CLOWN AND THAT'S CURTAINS FOR JACKIE.

- Chris and Tony's relationship is starting to freeze up here, we all know where it goes. Paulie burdening Tony with this Ralph bullshit right now was a terrible idea.

- AJ getting expelled made Tony's week even worse. Shit on top of more shit on top of more shit. I don't believe in physical punishment like but when AJ said "sucks to be you" in response to Tony's rant, why the fuck do kids say dumb shit like that? I never did just because that shit's wrong, never would hit my kids either, just saying. I can't believe he then said "there's more where that came from" DAMN. Military school idea can't believe he came up with that one (actually I do believe it). TIME FOR TONY TO ALPHA MALE SHIT UP.

- Oh no once again with more shit as Tony finds out about the Jackie thing through Carmela with Rosalie going apeshit on the other end of the phone. Aw man when AJ tells Meadow about Jackie dying that's sad stuff. His appointment with Melfi is interesting, Tony says he failed him, which is the truth to be honest. He knows it too and doesn't want the same thing to happen to AJ, but that's something that can't entirely be controlled. This is the reason for Tony being so hard on AJ right now.

- Meadow is the only one who catches on to the truth in any way, but it's naive to think nobody gets killed over ecstasy. Of course, Jackie is the only one to be blamed for his actions, and his death, so Meadow is off-base even though on point to some extent.

- This military school shit is sick. How do people get off on this? It seems like the instructor has too much repressed anger from getting raped by kids in Jr. High. These get off on fascism types are gross, to some extent I can't believe we have this kind of shit in our country, yet at the same time, I completely do when considering the types of people in this country. Carmela's right on this one, it's fucked up shit to send a kid away to a place like that. She and Tony's argument is so well acted that it seemed legit, and at the end of it, as for much of the rest of this season, it seems like Carmela's edging closer to having a nervous breakdown.

- Rosalie looks so drugged out in order to cope, another case of good acting. Fucked up how nobody showed to Jackie's funeral. Can't understand how anyone deals with losing their son, that's not supposed to happen. Didn't expect Tony and Carmela cuddling up after Jackie's funeral, the image of him in a coffin would make anyone think sending a troubled kid to a tougher school would be the right thing to do to get him running straight.

- IT'S A RETIREMENT COMMUNITY, Tony said it, so it shall be. Ralph's stupid ass comments drive me nuts. This fuckin' asshole saying he was with his comare cause he couldn't sleep all night, what a cocksucker. Paulie's shock at this decision was sad, not only was he shocked but totally hurt by it, then that fuckhead Ralphe makes a stupid-ass joke only for Furio to then slip on some ice and fall down, then get hurt worse.

- This FBI chick is almost a parody of all these kind of women. Of course Adriana spits out information at like the drop of a hat.

- LOL ED doctor. LOL AJ in this uniform while being chided by Tony. Carmela wanting to see him with the hat on is really funny, she's all beaming and shit over it. Man, this kind of shit would make a kid want to hang himself. Well AJ goes into the red and he has a damn panic attack once again. At least it doesn't make this kid have to go to some fucked up school. Speaking of fucked up schools, fucked up Verbum Dei not telling Tony about AJ having a panic attack and misdiagnosing it. Lots of school nurses are folksy incompetents to be real honest. Tony all broken up at Melfi's thinking his kid is doomed is sad.

- Oh shit Silvio, Chris, and Paulie all getting picked up for gambling. Junior running back to the car when he saw this and Bobby chasing after him was a totally hilarious moment in a completely tragic scene. Funeral scenes are tough to watch.

- Meadow now defending her families lifestyle and relating exactly what Carmela told her was pretty weird. Ralph watching the Super Bowl while his woman was pouring her shit out as dickheaded as a person could possibly get. Even though he ordered the hit, so what?

- I love Junior during the scenes at Vesuvio. Everything he says is on point as it gets. Jackie was a stupid fuck, true; turnout would have been better in the past, also true. Turnout would have been better in the past because of late, as far as we know, these people are dropping off mob members on the regular. Paulie and Johnny's conversation was interesting, planted the seeds of Johnny sticking his nose in their business and Paulie possibly wanting to flip families.

- Meadow gets that Jackie's family wasn't there for him, but it seems that she feels differently about her's until she blows her top in the car. Oh man this loser cracking jokes at a funeral dinner and Janice kissing up on him how horrible is that. Like is that what you're supposed to do? I've never really had to deal with something like this. Junior's singing is pretty cool, it's weird to see everyone else's reaction. Like Artie and Charmaine for example, Bobby and Johnny crying, or Meadow throwing bread at Junior. The last one of those is fucked up. Then Meadow runs through the street and shit and Janice has to tell the kids to stop watching, which, well, it's weird to see her in that position of authority. The different songs played at the end of Junior's scene were out of place, didn't get that shit at all.

Videos:

Gotta rank them 3, 2, 1 so far. Nice lead-ins to the next season over those last 20 minutes, all of them give some sort of payoff.  Much different than Funhouse was in this regard. Everything goes downhill from here for the Soprano family. I don't think anyone can say that the next few seasons give them a lot of good times, so much of the enjoyment to be derived out of the next few seasons is surrounded by pure negativity. The thought of Seasons 3 and 4 being 16 months apart is crazy to me, waiting that long would be awful. Also one reason I try not to get too attached (but fail at) to shows currently airing on premium TV, they can be delayed for quite a while.

• Admin
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2012, 10:11:58 AM »
FOR ALL DEBTS PUBLIC AND PRIVATE

- "World Destruction" during the customary paper gathering scene was a neat touch, this being post 9/11 and all that stuff. Apparently what's her face the FBI agent has a kid. Who'da known. Neglecting him/her in favor of the undercover operation is messed up.

- lol at Carmela sneakily making herself look good in anticipation of Furio walking through the door only for it to turn out to be Chris driving him this time. In the subsequent scene, ice cold for Tony to not change his split with Junior.

- Chris being a dickhead to Danielle is very funny, then he goes into his room and shoots up how gross. Guy says Tony can depend on him right before jabbing the needle into his foot what a trip.

- Carmela talking about the money side of his business and worrying about the future was an interesting storyline and completely rational worry on her part. She then sums up the theme of this season and really all the rest, everything comes to an end.

- Then he comes to work the next day and bombs on Georgie which is always completely hilarious. The subsequent conversation about the lack of money has an obvious answer, too many good earners are dead. Is the mob really recession proof, who knows but I don't think so. Interesting to see how Tony is hiding his scrilla now. Nobody could find that, not his family, nobody. Carmela nearly caught him though.

- Ralph's line about some guy in a Porsche having a Jew grin cracked me up a little. Can't believe Adriana brought the fed to Tony's house, but of course that was the natural course of events. Ralph and Janice is a really gross matchup. Diving into coke in Tony's bathroom these people are nuts. And by the way, it seems like Meadow is headed down a heavily depressed path.

- Junior singing to the nurse is quite funny, not only that but he runs good game too. A little weird that they're using the doctor's office for business purposes when Junio's no longer on house arrest, but I guess he's sure he's being followed and all that.

- LOL at Paulie in jail. His explanation of why he's there and all that shit is great. Trying to see Dean Martin's birthplace in Ohio wtf. Ha, don't touch that, my program's coming on.

- Icelandic Air chicks are QT's. Man Chris is a straight fiend now. And this moron Ralphie passed out on the couch wtf.

- Moving on to the storyline about the guy who killed Chris' dad, who knows if this is true, but Tony wants the retired cop dead so that's all that matters. Tony's only reason to lie would be to earn Christopher's trust back, which makes a lot of sense in all honesty. Also, Chris is wasted as it gets right here, so he'll do whatever the fuck he's told to do at this point. The brief interlude with Tony and Bobby at the diner is funny, Tony tries to be all weight conscious and shit and is just like forget it GIVE ME THE STEAK. LOL Quasimodo predicted 9/11 and all this DAMN that's some stupid shit. Back to Chris killing this guy, he's so over-emotional here, can't help but laugh at it. Good thing nobody was outside watching though. Jacked the 20 out of his wallet that's cold.

- Guess one of Tony or Junior decided not to eat all the steak. Now Tony is all worried cause of the broad at the doctor's office being a fed plant. Slick move on Tony's part to parlay 100k into Junior's grade-A property. Sadly Junior is all worried about this shit. We then find out during Tony's appointment how much faith Tony wants to put in Chris, he has no idea how fucked up Chris is, or he'd be way more stressed out than he is now. Also, he's hiding all that money so that he doesn't wind up like Junior.

- The scene with Chris and his mom is real intriguing, not only do you find out she's an alcoholic but Chris doesn't seem to go over there very much. Weird. I found him placing the cop's 20 dollar bill on the fridge very cool.

Videos:

My two favorite scenes this episode were Chris taking care of his father's killer and Paulie in jail, neither of which are on YouTube.  Bit hit and miss, no central event where the whole episode plays off of it... it's good, but not one my favorites, there are better ones.

• Admin
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2012, 06:25:36 PM »
NO SHOW

- Meadow is depressed in a way that I find hilarious. Hasn't tried to work, just sits around the pool and shit, hasn't registered for classes, got a car from her parents and didn't hold up her end of the bargain. Also hilarious is how much Carmela is into Furio.

- Ralph's 95 pound mole joke about Ginny Sack's ass was a stupid thing to say, look how many damn people are in that room and their affiliations, why would you say that with all these big mouths around? Patsy was probably mad about being passed over for Capo but doesn't say anything about it to my knowledge.

- Adriana letting out her secret about not having kids was quite the revelation. But Chris was onto Danielle from the start, knew something was wrong with her. Then Chris goes back to the coke.

- lol at Ralph running upstairs to hide from Tony at Janice's place. She asked Tony what was going on with Bobby and Tony said "he's fat." LOL. What's awesome was Tony seeing Ralph's shoe hiding under the table. He like, shamed her and shit.

- Little Paulie telling real Paulie all this business in a jailhouse was mad foolish, but Paulie getting all offended over the 95 pound mole joke is great in every facet of everything. I'm sure all those guys from Paulie's crew were pissed at Chris driving up in his car, Patsy getting this fool to hijack the fiber optic cable was a smooth political move.

- Meadow deciding to take a year off was so foolish. When you do that shit it doesn't work more often than it does. And Vito playing basketball with Ralph was gross. Lumped this shit together cause it seemed so minor and came in such a short span. Vito is huge, if I was that big I dunno if I'd hate life or what.

- Chris getting reprimanded for the fiber-optic thing shows why he should absolutely not have gotten this spot, doesn't have the experience for this stuff. Then getting high fucking again when he gets him. Dude needs to put away the needles. Chris thinking Danielle is a lesbian is hilarious. First time, thought he was going to call her being a fed.

- I can't believe Tony buckled on the idea of Meadow going to Europe. It's like he hits this point where he can't take things anymore and has an irrational reaction when it comes to many things. This therapist is mad interesting by the way. She seemed to have that ability to probe with the best of them until her last questions. DID YOUR DAD MOLEST YOU? WHAT ABOUT MOM?

- Chris trying to get Danielle to do coke and then feeling her up was a bad idea. Funny that Chris tried to blame it on her considering that her hand was laid upon him. Hilarious argument after this with one of the loudest OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH's ever let out. I really hate where this leads. Danielle and Adriana fall out shortly after and uh, yeah. FBI decides it's time to kill the operation and bring Adriana in. By the way, Will Arnett as Danielle's husband was a strange spot.

- Did Silvio lead Patsy into this trap with the tile thievery deliberately? Of course some bad shit is gonna happen as a result of that, Tony didn't want anything like that to happen. When he finds out, so does Chris, who goes on to lose his shit. Oh shit pulls out a gun on Patsy what a stupid ass thing to do. When the guy says he's going to call the police and Patsy clocks him with a pole I think that's awful yet slightly amusing at the same time. I suppose in a shocking way.

- Meadow's too lazy to make a tuna sandwich wtf is going on here. Her room is disgusting too. Burned her hard when Carmela said that line about her being like a baby. Then during this argument wherein she calls Tony Mr. Mob Boss, WHOA. Her response to Tony's comments about Jackie, when she says she's tired of telling people he's involved with environmental cleanup, well I get that but what a strange response to what he said. DO NOT DO IT, DO NOT GO TO EUROPE.

- Adriana getting picked up by the feds and having to cooperate is tragic. She screwed herself over real bad here. WHOA the projectile vomit all over the place the cigarette smoke made the vomit look like it was steaming. Talk about upset.

- I had a hard time realizing what game Silvio was playing until the end, then I realized that he was trying to get Patsy a taste because he didn't get a no-show job at the sitdown. He also doesn't seem to agree with Chris being placed in this position. Understandable.

- So Meadow's at class registration and not in Europe. Good.

Videos:

Like this episode a lot. Having a coherent plot helps. The show is beginning to beat me over the head about Christopher's drug use. I think its been established that he's a junkie fuck.

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2012, 02:50:53 AM »
Yeah but it's all leading now to the best scene of all time THE INTERVENTION

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2012, 02:01:48 PM »
"Who the fuck are you? Ralph Bunche over here?" *DINK*

• Admin
« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2012, 05:38:48 PM »
CHRISTOPHER

- Oh no this is the Columbus Day episode. The shit they say about Natives in this episode is real ridiculous, ironic too.

- Ew Janice shoving a vibrator up Ralph's ass while calling him all kinds of shit that's gross but LOL his phone has Rocky theme song as a ringtone, that's a funny part in a pretty gross scene.

- Paulie telling Johnny about the joke, just knew some good shit was gonna come of that. Uh, Johnny being extremely short towards Ralph at the ensuing dinner scene was real good. New York trying to profit off Tony's sale of that property is the kind of thing that was bound to happen during this project, New York was never gonna stick to just getting their taste through the Esplanade, but all surrounding things would require such profit-splitting.

- Junior quibbling about phone call charges at the very start of his RICO trial was very much fitting of his character. BTW I always love seeing Father Phil get shit on in this fashion.

- The protest scene where Artie is there and ready to throw down with all the other Mob dudes is amazing. LOL at Georgie getting beat the fuck up once again, and then Artie getting doused with shit only to fly into the car and hide.

- Wow Janice going to a therapist. Figured. She tells Janice to make new choices in men. So we'll see how that goes.

- Ralph threatening to expose Iron Eyes Cody was pretty lame.

- IN THIS HOUSE CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS IS A HERO

- Bobby's reaction to his wife dying was heartbreaking. One of the only dudes in this show who showed emotion like that at any point. At the funeral, Johnny telling Ralph to stick his money up his ass was amazing. And finding out that mob wives coordinate a schedule in order to comfort people and help them out was something to this point totally forgotten and unknown.

- More disgusting Ralph shit comes up as he breaks it off with Rosalie. This guy is too fuckin' much.

- The talk of Columbus and Hitler and all that shit with Hesh is just weird and totally uncomfortable. That being said, Hesh jumping to the guy being an anti-semite is messed up shit why does it seem like Jewish people do this so regularly?

- I do not give a shit about the chief, or the gambling scene where he takes the guys to the casino, or any of the shit related to that. Great move by the chief roping Tony into getting Frankie Valli to play at his casino though.

- Melfi's ex-husband as this self-loathing Italian is a great minor continued storyline.

- This sequence of Ralph scenes is the best. Starts with Ralph showing up at Janice's house and saying we don't have to hide and shit while Janice is disgusted at first before falling back into the same behavior is gross and weird. However, two days later, Ralph shows up with his shit, Janice flips her lid at him over his shoes, then fuckin pushed him down the stairs on his dome LOL. Ralph's reaction or pure rage was amusing. I'LL KILL YA BITCH.

Video:

Not one of my faves, the plot just doesn't resonate with me in any way. Will try never to watch it again, as honestly, it was kinda boring.

• Admin
« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2012, 07:12:10 PM »
THE WEIGHT

- Johnny in the first scene is great, set off into a rage by a guy who's in Ralph's crew, cause ostensibly he reminds Johnny of Ralph. He beat the shit out of him and then took a big ol' pee on him lol

- Tony's vehicles peeling around corners in the fashion that they do is an automatic sign something's up. Good non-verbal way to present that idea. Johnny coming to the defense of his wife in this fashion is very interesting.

- Furio's conversations with Carmela are becoming more interesting and contain more sexual tension. Erm.

- Chris, Tony, and Sil talking about who amongst them moled to Johnny yielded some interesting results. Patsy, the feds, but nobody guesses Paulie. I wouldn't have either.

- Ralph saying that Janice "wanted to" stick a dildo up his ass is hilarious. Like legitimate belly laugh hilarious. I don't remember Tony being there when Ralph said this joke. Maybe he was and maybe he wasn't but I don't remember. Tony unwittingly pitting Paulie and Ralph against each other once again is an excellent stroke of writing. Ralph saying he'd apologize for something he didn't say, not listening to Tony when he told him not to apologize, was unbelievably fucking stupid.

- WHOA SHIT at Johnny going to Carmine and asking him to sanction a hit on Ralphie. Carmine as voice of reason is an interesting turn, you can't kill a guy over that. Carmine's reasons are not over morality, but over money, go figure.

- Tony at Meadow's dorm is very funny, but seems so weird and out of place in that visiting there by himself doesn't seem like something he'd do. Of course, this is just a vehicle for Eliot and Tony to encounter each other. I love how Tony refuses to get out of his way in the parking garage, but this encounter seems forced and weird.

- Johnny then walking out of the sitdown is some hill to die on moral shit which is so unusual for this series. Later, the next meeting with Junior involved and the phones, that's some heavy duty let's make a deal type shit. Carmine be all rough and tumble and shit with that 'name a price or get the fuck over it' demand to Johnny. Carmine taking Tony's words to mean Johnny should get clipped was quite the unexpected turn. Of course that is what meant to. All this shit cause of a joke, cause of this cocksucker Ralph.

- Junior never got the joke which is funny. His advice to get with those DiMaggio people leads to one of the strangest bits in the show. With the blind lady and their strange old style house. Everything in there looks badly aged. All these people are like dead old, LOL that Junior would say to get in contact with them about a hit. The oldest guy doesn't even count the money, which, well, he can't, but was worth mentioning anyway.

- Little did we know that Johnny was lining up a hit on Ralph. Until now. This Tito Trinidad lookin mope outside of the pool cracked me up. Ginny is one of the very few legitimately nice people on the show, so the scene where Johnny comes back to the house to find her eating a load of candy and junk food in the basement is tough to watch. His comments were quite harsh at first but he WAS about to do something completely crazy for her honor. Forgives her pretty past though. He's the complete opposite of Tony. Funny how close Ralph came to the guy who was going to kill him, but Johnny called it off (linking it to what we just saw). They're both all eyeing each other up and shit and it's strange.

- AJ locking Bobby's kid in Furio's garage was cruel, yet still funny.  I think this episode is trying to illustrate how childish he still is despite his growing age. And his dad is too, as he got bored from the talk with Brian and Carmela over financial planning much earlier.

- Tony and Carmela getting it on while she's thinking of Furio was a little disturbing, I get the point of the scene and all that but I would rather make childish comments. But I laughed at how hard the music was blaring from Meadow's room.

Videos:

Great episode, would maybe put this in my top ten. No shortage of action, great plot, can't ask for more. Felt that we got back to the greatness and overall insanity of Season 3. Also, halfway through!

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2012, 05:26:04 AM »
If you would have asked me upon first viewing the entire series I would have pegged Season 1 as the best with no doubt.  After I have re-watched it a few times I have also come around to 3 being great, but not the best.  Here is how I rank them:

1. 6B
2. 3
3. 2
4. 1
5. 5
6. 4
7. 6A

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2012, 09:45:25 AM »
If you would have asked me upon first viewing the entire series I would have pegged Season 1 as the best with no doubt.  After I have re-watched it a few times I have also come around to 3 being great, but not the best.  Here is how I rank them:

1. 6B

wtf

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »
What?  That's no crazier than saying Season 3 with all of its awkward moments is the best.  The second to last episode may be the best of the entire series and the build up to the finale was some of the best television I have ever seen.

• Admin
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2012, 11:43:33 AM »
Almost all of the awkward moments of season 3 are as a result of Jackie's horrible acting, but in the end that makes him getting shot a very satisfying moment.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2012, 11:49:43 AM »
Well University alone has at least four.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2012, 12:18:55 PM »
Almost all of the awkward moments of season 3 are as a result of Jackie's horrible acting, but in the end that makes him getting shot a very satisfying moment.

I don't know, some of Noah's shit was pretty cringe-worthy.  I found a lot of the season's sex and violence seemed to be gratuitous and I'm not squeamish in the least.  Lest we forget, I still had it at number two, so I still found the story lines and writing to be very compelling.  And "Pine Barrens" of course.

• Admin
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2012, 01:19:00 PM »
It was cringe-worthy but I think that was supposed to be the point, he was supposed to be this detestable rich fuckhead. Agreed on the sex scenes being gratuitous, but I think the story elements from S3 hold up the best over time (so far).

• Admin
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »
PIE-O-MY

- Adriana imagining Tony as knowing she's an FBI informant portrays him as a total monster. That scene at her club was not uh, good for any future conversations she'll need to have. Which, then she has one with Agent Harris and can't answer anything. Sucks that she has the shits all the time now, but this Harris dude could literally not care less.

- I laughed at Mikey Palmice's wife from way back giving Bobby some food. It's like a competition between her and Janice to see who can be more nice to Bobby. Laughed at Janice taking JoJo's noodles over to Junior's house so that Bobby wouldn't find any way to get attached to her. Junior stealing the other old dudes coins was funny.

- The horse scenes exist in part to highlight that Tony has a human side. When it comes to animals he's at his most normal. Ralph on the other hand is all dickhead all the time. The guys cheering on Pie-O-My at the track was hilarious. Tony was extremely attached. Ralph's maid taking the picture as winning owner was weird, but Ralph trying to be king shit and dictating to the jockey was a fucked up dude.

- Tony not signing all the papers was a sure thing to piss Carmela off but he did it anyway. Bad choice of words with that "gave you two out of three."

- Janice paying Bobby's kids off with food and TV is smart. Had to try to find some way to get Bobby out of his funk and I suppose it worked. When he goes to that bar and does his mafia squeeze thing it's very cool.

- Ralph initially giving Tony a taste at the track was stupid considering he didn't want it, but hilarious when Tony got him to give away more and more. That's how it's done you keep holding that hand out and you gonna get that bread.

- The viewer, along with Adriana, realizes that her club is just another mob front, and that's just sad. Laughed so hard at Vito breaking the chair though. The way that part played out made it seem like it could have been real, even though it obviously wasn't. Those fucks could have at least fixed the chair!

- LOL at the sketch of Junior on the news. Also at finding out all Janice did was re-heat Carmela's lasagna, didn't cook anything at all. Seems like Bobby actually likes Janice so he's completely blind to it.

- I laughed at the agents just wasting time until Adriana was to start ratting people out. Easy to wait her out. Especially when people go into her club and ride into her office without permission and shit.

- Ralph not paying his vet bill and laying it off on Tony was a good idea. If he's gonna take so much of the winnings from the horse why not?  Meanwhile, oh no Adriana hittin' up that heroin.

Video:

Good episode, not too eventful, but big on plot development.

• Admin
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2012, 06:55:58 PM »
EVERYBODY HURTS

- Chris all strung out and shit be strange. This is why you don't do drugs gonna have to leave and shit, then can't be ready and aware to do your job. His conversation with Tony while high is very funny. Tony putting all this faith in him when Chris is constantly fucked up is real unfortunate.

- I laughed at AJ taking these other kids to Satriale's instead of the Bing.

- Tony found out through Carmela that Gloria went on to commit suicide, and uh, I'm not quite sure how to react to that. Dunno what to say other than that's one crazy way to find out. Crazy that her former co-workers are going around telling everyone that Gloria killed herself. That's p. messed up, I would be bothered if somebody else did that when I did.

- Artie getting conned is messed up, but I never tire of the arguments between he and Charmaine which such things are coming to pass. Why he would go to Ralph with this shit I have no idea. That's the last of all people I would want to know about it. Good that Ralph was to pass on it.

- Hey, a Melfi appointment! She's been heavily pushed aside this season. Tony is being fucked up towards her though, getting all nearly violent and shit. Now he goes over to Artie's and confronts him about asking Ralph for money. It's a con scheme from the start and everyone should know it. Tony doesn't seem to be attempting to take advantage of him though, he's hurt over the Gloria thing so he's trying to help Artie out. The subsequent vision is real weird and he does wake up in a better mode, but after Tony hears the buzzer in Carmela's kitchen he snaps back to depressed mode. Then hooks Brian up with one of Patsy's suits to make himself feel better.

- lol'd at AJ and his girl ready to get busy with the music and shit goin' when Carmela showed up. AJ thinking he'd be able to use Meadow's dorm to get laid was ridiculous. Was awesome when they followed Meadow's directions and got dropped off in the straight out hood. AJ and his girl comparing white people problems and that like was something I could do without.

- For some reason I get the feeling Artie's expecting to get laid, or WORST CASE a blowjob from this French hostess chick. Charmaine being onto this as a scam from jump was great.

- Tony being all nice to everyone here is a nice change. And he approves of Bobby as a good guy which pleases Janice. Tony and Janice eating together at Vesuvio is SO weird. LOL'D at Tony asking Artie to put all this stuff on his tab, but Artie knows he's in some shit. His rehearsal of his upcoming confrontation with Jean-Philippe is one of my favorite scenes in the whole show. So here we are, Artie confronting the French guy. Artie tries to fuck the guy up and this shit doesn't go too well. Amazing (not in a good way) how he gets owned and thrown out of the guy's house.

- AJ's friend talking about how close AJ is to getting laid is real awkward.

- Artie all depressed, with a torn out ear and drunk as fuck is unfortunate. He gets suicidal and aw man I thought the first time through that he might die. However, we see him at the hospital and he has not perished. Artie thinks Tony is gonna be all solid over the debt, but nope, not really, he'll just have his tab cleared and find a way to collect the money himself. Artie inferring that Tony knew this would happen is messed up but the natural conclusion somebody would come to. Tony did not do something like that though. And then, he doesn't want the poor guy to have everyone think he was suicidal (as well as Tony to have another reason for people to hate him), and makes up a story for him.

- The French guy opening the door to Furio, who ostensibly was gonna collect the money, was funny stuff.

Videos:

Another good one. Low on YouTube fodder but another strong episode. However, no Ralph around means this was pretty irrelevant to the grand goings-on of S4. The show is also starting to suffer from Paulie not being around. Johnny too!

• Admin
« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2012, 11:21:17 AM »
WATCHING TOO MUCH TELEVISION

- YES PAULIE IS BACK. Chris makes a good joke about Paulie getting laid in jail all the time. Tony bringing this guy Brian around all the time is p. funny. He gives Tony some great ideas though.

- Adriana getting ideas about what she can do to the FBI from (what seemed like) Law and Order was hilarious, I've never understood why people take those shows as gospel for how laws and shit can be circumvented, but of course that's quite common.

- Furio calling Carmela just to do it was awkward for the viewer. Making up some shit about sunglasses is a good idea. Might run that game in the future.

- The best of Brian's ideas comes up here, defrauding HUD. The camera cutting away from that scene was odd, as if it was done so that regular folk didn't get ideas from it. Tony insulating himself by letting Ralph run point on the scam was smart, but Zellman saying that he was saying Irina was not smart. lol at the dick doctor being the front guy for this scheme.

- AJ bringing up room service in the middle of Tony's conversation about his great-grandfather building that stone church just about sums it all up. Whatever it didn't, was summed up when AJ asked why Tony was talking about all the Italians going there on Sunday, except for well, him. Surprised that he told his son he's buying those hood ass houses. Then these people walk up and "You blow your father with that mouth" AMAZING.

- "Maybe Darwin was right, nature does weed out the nimrods" while cleaning off his tie from dropping ketchup or whatever on it. Agent Harris = nimrod.

- Adriana telling Chris about not being able to have kids was some sad shit. I want kids too so I have strange mixed feelings about this. I wouldn't fly off the handle but you know, hard to not have kids and get married anyway. But when you love someone, how do you not get married to them, regardless of the reasons agaisnt it? Of course, Chris has to go shoot up before making any sort of major decision. And what do you know he decides to get married.

- "Extend to me the same courtesy you would a crack addict" lol, good comment by Melfi.

- This making youth gangbangers go out and clear these houses is messed up. Ew that crack house is fucking gross, but it was funny watching everyone jump out the house in various ways. But then those idiots shoot the guy and that wasn't the plan. "I TOLD YOU YOUNG PEOPLE THAT CRACK IS SOME BAD SHIT." They pocketed a cool 1.3 mil in this deal. Tony talking Brian into taking the watch was very, very funny. Furio getting cold feet on talking to Carmela not so much, he feels all guilty and shit.

- Paulie telling Johnny Sack about Tony's HUD scam was dumb, dumb, dumb. Laughed at Vito subsequently stripping the house of the copper pipe and all that bullshit. Zellman and the other guy basically made a ton of money out of doing very little.

- Adriana's testifying bubble getting busted sucked. Could see the life drain out of her face both then and while talking to the lawyer. The bridal shower where she's getting all this household shit is kinda depressing cause we know where this all heads. Plus she then realizes what being a wife in this world actually constitutes, and then yeah.

- Tony beating Zellman down in front of Irina was fucked up. Plus he nearly started bawling and shit to "Oh Girl." That's what we call overemotional.

Videos:

I don't like the way the show tried to humanize Zellman here, there was no point to that. When it comes down to it, he's a sack of shit elected official that only sees the profit in his constituents, feeling all guilty and shit doesn't really come into play when you still take the money or deals offered to you. Enjoy this current storyline of AJ being absolutely clueless to everything that goes on around him. He just doesn't get life. Good way to waste an hour.

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2012, 11:38:46 AM »
AJ is probably like one of the straight up least intelligent characters to ever appear on a TV drama. I'm having a real hard time trying to think of someone dumber, from any show.

• Admin
« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2012, 06:01:18 PM »
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS

- Sad to find out that Furio's dad is close to dying, but the replacement driver being Paulie is weird as it gets. Because of Tony's track record with mom's he just doesn't want to hear about Paulie's at all.

- Chris as heir apparent just ain't gonna work. Guy tried writing Tony's instructions down on a pillowcase, but that isn't the issue, the issue is what Tony is going to find to occupy his time.

- This Valentina is hilarious, got Ralph to step in horse shit. She's at least a 9.

- This picture of Paulie that he places on his mom's dresser is hilarious. Paulie's when I was growing up, "you two were old ladies, and now I'm old and you two are old ladies" gag was great. Finding out there was a nursing home clique was messed up. Paulie's mom getting asked off the casino night blackjack table was cold.

- Tony's home theater room becomes a good plot device, but what I really wanted to mention was Tony calling Ralph a dead-beat that needed cropped out of his painting of Pie-O-My. I laughed. Also laughed at Tony banging Valentina out like immediately. Ralph is the kind of POS who needs cut out of the picture in every way. Ha at her loosening up the salt-shaker for Tony to pour it all over his food. Lol at Tony going to throw her food out the window. Even bigger at Tony writing on the card + gift to her "It was great while it lasted." Then we're topped off with Tony playing a prank on Carmela, when he had promised never to pour cold water on her in the shower again. BAD IDEA.

- Paulie trying to lean on this Principal Cirillo with the intention of getting the two moms to get along was cool. Everyone should try to help out their mom or be supportive when stuff takes place.

- Welp, Carmela finds the fake fingernail of Valentina's in Tony's clothes and that cannot be good.

- Tony finding out that Chris and Silvio are incapable of doing things correctly is embarrassing, yet something we knew the whole time. Okay Valentina's like a 9.5. Or more. Voice is weird though. Tony first hearing that Ralph is a sexual deviant cracked me up all the way. Hearing about Ralph wanting his dick rubbed raw with a cheese grater was hilarious. Tony's comment to Melfi about "penisary contact" was excellent.

- Carmela finally going out to the duck feed thing and taking Tony's cash while he was singing "Another Brick in the Wall Part 2" was great. About fucking time.

- Aw Paulie's mom wants to go home. That's wrong, not right, and all of that shit. Nor is the director of Green Grove pointing out all her faults. And wtf she's a tattle-tale.

- By the way Furio's dad died and he was told by an OG that messing with Carmela wasn't a good idea, unless he was to kill Tony. But he does love her. Funny how Carmela was watching some Mario Batali program about Naples and then went into a trance once again.

- Ralph telling Tony he's never been fucked so hard, so good by anyone as well as Valentina was amazing.  Then Adriana throwing Ralph's money back at him was GOAT.

- HAHAHA YES AT BENNY AND LITTLE PAULING CHASING THIS PRINCIPAL DUDE THROUGH THE HALLWAYS AND HE HAS A BROKEN ARM WHEN HE MEETS BACK UP WITH HIS MOM. YES!

- So now, we find out that Valentina broke up with Ralph. All because of some more weird shit that Ralph wanted her to do. Tony rejects her and gets slapped. Great stuff.

- Janice making terrible, mishapen shirts = awesome. Telling Tony about Ralph's weird sexual shit is even better. She's all like how can I do this to anyone and then Tony's like bam here's 3 grand DO IT NOW. LOL fucking him with a strap-on that's some weirdo shit.

- Tony finally discovers the lack of funds in his bird feed, and uh, the fake fingernail too. That's not good for him. At this point it's very clear what we're building towards this season. Tony pretty much knows what happened to his money but is not going to complain about it.

Video:

Closing scene was a chart topper. Mentioned the backyard to AJ so that Carmela knows he knows, but AJ's just like, alright whatever and doesn't know what to say about it.  That was a really tense scene without anything happening in it. That being said, the one fault in this Ralph storyline is that he got Tracee pregnant, and uh, I'm pretty sure that features somebody getting off in a normal way.  As such it's strange for him to be this kind of weirdo.

• Admin
« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2012, 07:41:16 PM »
WHOEVER DID THIS

- Junior taking a header down the steps was something I totally figured was going to happen. Press be too close to people and knocked him down the steps what a jerk ass.

- Tony is totally attached to this horse, to the point of taking Carmela to meet her, and well that's a something. My attachment to horses is nothing like that at all, I went horse-riding and thought it was an awful experience.

- Shocked that Ralph would catch on to Paulie being the guy who told Johnny about the Ginny mole joke. That being said, the prank call to Paulie's mom was totally fucked up. Paulie was caught "sucking a cub scout's dick" what delivery on that line. Oh no she was going to give Ralph her medical insurance number before they hung up. Wrong.

- Ralph in the bathtub to "I Need You" LOL but then the maid tells him some shit's gone on with his kid and that sucks a massive one. WTF this kid got hit by Robin Hood or some shit got an arrow poking out of his chest. Ralph getting treated like shit at the ER how unfair is that but then he calls his ex-wife a cunt and my sympathy immediately erodes. Rosalie says "he's gonna be alright" and in the next cut says "he's gonna be a vegetable" how unfortunate.

- Tony has a great idea with Junior playing up his injuries, but when it comes down to it, er...he's not so well off. More on that later. Junior seems to be all mad all the time. LOL at Svetlana taking Junior his new nurse, and telling Janice that's she's boring basically. Then Janice cries. Ha.

- Ralph with Father Phil is a clash. This caring and more sympathetic version of Ralph seems like an attempt at slight redemption before the fall. Creating a scholarship at Rutgers in Jackie Jr's name too.

- AJ getting all butthurt about Tony messing with him was completely ridiculous. And yet, with AJ out of the room, Tony and Carmela have nothing to say to each other. As has happened a lot this season.

- So Tony then completely lays him being with Valentina on Ralph. Can't be a better time than now, after all, why would Ralph care about that at this moment?  Paulie doesn't say shit to him though and then complains to Tony about the prank call to his mom. Paulie saying he'd kill Ralph if he had concrete proof was funny.

- OH NO Pie-O-My is dead cause of a fire at the stables. That ain't right. Tony is, of course, immediately suspicious. Ralph's reaction does nothing to help matters. And here comes the most completely surprising scene in the whole show. Tony comes straight out and accuses Ralph of killing the horse due to the 200k to be made from an insurance policy taken out on the horse. Ralph says the horse is no good so it's a great thing so that's pretty obvious he did this and er, no wonder Tony gets fuckin' mad. A season and a half of frustration let out right here as Ralph and Tony go toe to toe for their lives. I can think of better things in life than getting hit by a hot frying pan. When Ralph grabbed the ant spray who knew what the fuck was gonna happen. lol'd at "SHE WAS A BEAUTIFUL INNOCENT CREATURE WHATDIDSHEEVERDOTAYOU" And damn this dude Ralph gets strangled straight to fuckin' death. Soon after Tony puts his hand on a hot burner which fuckin' hurts bad.

- Now, right after this killing, we cut to Chris shooting up. What a waste he is. AND HE FALLS OUT RIGHT BACK ON THE COUCH WHAT THE FUCK. Back to Ralph's place, and we find out that Ralph's code name is "the contractor," right when Chris is scratching his neck like a dope fiend. "WHOEVER DID THIS. IT SHOULDA HAPPENED A LONG TIME AGO" but Chris is so high that he can't even pay attention. "You gonna lecture me now? You fuckin' drug addict." LOL at Ralph's HAIRPIECE coming off right before the chopping up part. I found Ralph's head going into the bowling bag very, er, odd.

- I love shows like this where they give you the grim details of a major crime, like a murder or whatever the fuck. Basically how it's covered up and all that shit.  Chris trying to dig into the dead frozen ground was amusing. The backhoe is where it's at, Chris trying to operate it was even funnier than his attempt to dig into the frozen ground. Head goes in hole and Ralph is now disposed of. To the Bing to shower, burn their clothes, then they're done.

- Junior walking down the street like a mental patient was very amusing, at first I thought he may be taking his fake illness a little too seriously, but when he asked for ice cream at the neighbors that was just real weird and made me think there was something truly wrong with him.

Videos:

Back half of the episode was an all-timer. Long time in coming too. To answer the major questions people have, yes, I think Chris knew exactly what happened, yes I think Tony was motivated to carry this out in part because of what happened in University with Tracee, and yes, I think Ralph set the stable fire. Yet, when it comes to the latter, he doesn't care about Ralph's reason for doing it (having to pay to help out his kid). This is one of the most discussed episodes so rather than add more I'll let it lie.

• Admin
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2012, 03:48:33 PM »
THE STRONG, SILENT TYPE

- OH NO CHRIS KILLED THE DOG. Worst and saddest thing I've seen on this show to this point in the rewatch. Fuck he just sat right on it.

- Tony acting like Ralph is missing and that he's worried about it was uh, a good idea. Then Tony saw the painting of he and Pie-O-My and hit full out rock bottom depression. Tony getting mad over the horse painting wasn't a good idea as now people have the idea he's prone to acting irrationally, and that he killed Ralph.

- Furio now realizes that he's way out of place in this country and doesn't seem to be in the best mood. No special present in the bag for Carmela, while he's sitting there in the car crying, which is way strange.

- Oh man and now Tony's crying too. WTF IS GOING ON HERE. Ain't no strong and silent going on here. And then Adriana again when she sees the dog at her meeting with the fed.

- Chris is an idiot, now he's leaving Paulie and Sil so he can try to cop a fix. But these dudes take his car and beat the shit out of him which is a bad idea. This guy who helped him home was a straight fiend asking for money and shit. Ah Chris now hitting Adriana starting to hate him real bad. What a sack of shit.

- Paulie saving Tony's picture was funny though, a laugh needed after that shitshow earlier. He's all proud to hang it up in his house and shit, then he realizes it's like having Tony watch him all the time, and that isn't any good. Especially considering that he's been having loose lips of late.

-LOL AJ saying "why do I always have to come here," meaning Furio's house, the kid is literally dumber than many 6 year olds. Carm and Furio are like, having a moment here. AJ is a butthead for real. Carmela's conversation with Ro is uh, just a little weird to me. Anyway...

- AH YES THE INTERVENTION IS COMING. First we have the pre-meeting, where we see Paulie being super-cynical. Like a beyond cynic.

- Cut-in to Johnny confronting Tony about his HUD deal. Trying to dip in when the deal had none of New York's involvement, just because they share the congressman. Nice of Tony to pass the Ralph killing off onto New York.

- INTERVENTION. I don't know which part's the best but Paulie standing up and telling Chris to sit down was good. OH SHIT at Adriana saying Chris could no longer function as a man. Tony is so disgusted by finding out he killed his dog. Silvio's story was amazing. Paulie goes HAM on him and then Chris is about to bring up Pine Barrens and shit, then starts bringing up shit about Silvio and Tony that's a major mistake. THEN CALLED HIS MOM A WHORE AND EVERYONE GOES ALL NUTS ON HIM SMACKING HIM AND SHIT WHAT AN AMAZING SCENE. Chris saying he slipped off the counter spraying for ants at the hospital was funny.

- Even not considering the other shit Carmela's going through, Tony sleeping with a one-legged woman would throw her over the top I mean shit that's crazy. AND RIGHT ON JUN'S COUCH HOW COULD HE?

- So Chris checks in and shit, finds out he can't call for the first two weeks at the rehab facility. NO CHOCOLATE WHAT?

- I always thought this last scene was supposed to give you the false impression of Carmela meeting Furio at his house and shit, until now anyway. Then I realized it's not that at all.

Videos:

Tony recast as Napoleon in the picture was a neat touch to cap off another strong outing. It's all so good...

• Admin
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2012, 05:13:41 PM »
CALLING ALL CARS

- Ew at Ralph having a caterpillar crawling upon his head. So strange. But even stranger was Tony's then jumping to the topic of saying it went nowhere, like this therapy. He's venting big time right here, but can't see the big picture. He's been helped a lot by therapy, gets good ideas for work and all that shit.

- Bobby burying the birthday cake at his wife's grave was sweet, he is hardcore depressed. I never, ever expected Bobby to become a serious character in this show. It's so weird, yet it feels right too.

- 40% on Tony's HUD business DAMN these New Yorkers are overreaching big time. Funny how Tony calls back and offers Carmine 5.5% LOL. Paulie meeting with Johnny once again behind Tony's back is fucked up. And he puts himself forward should New York decide they want a leadership change. Heh.

- So Tony's appraisal guy gets his shit beat up and told that he don't work for Tony anymore. Now how does Paulie put himself forward to go after Johnny's guys? Don't quite get that part.

- AJ at dinner is such a moron and bad example for Bobby's kids. Worst example you could find for any kid. HEY IT'S BEANSIE! Set up a meeting between Tony and Little Carmine (who we have not seen yet). Lol at Carmela cockblocking AJ by bringing Bobby's kids into the room. Also, Tony is onto Paulie passing on info from his family to Carmine's. LOL at AJ playing ouija board with them and asking if Bobby Jr is gay. It's even better when AJ does a mock seance with them. That's my favorite scene of his. FUCKING LOL at him dousing Bobby Junior with water from the sponge. I haven't laughed so hard at anything in this whole show ever in my life. "IT'S RAINING WHERE YOU ARE? WAVES ARE SMASHING AGAINST THE BOAT?" Could fall out with laughter right now. The adults are pissed of course. What a horrible idea this was.

- So now Tony's guys fuck the appraiser up. This guy's life must suck a big one. "Go back in the house, get your appraising shit, and START APPRAISING."

- Bobby not paying his wife's funeral bill over some dispute was funny. Janice is being a bitch to him though.

- Tony lies way too much in therapy, but at least for once he corrected himself. And he doesn't want to do this anymore, so he's gonna check out. Therapy over....right?

- Janice telling Bobby Jr. about the ouija board through instant message in his house was MESSED UP. Ha, Bobby complains to her about what happened with his kids, but what can she do? Well, what she can do is find a way for Bobby to blame himself for this happening to his kids. So sneaky. Also gets him to eat his wife's ziti. Some real next level shit going on there. Dunno if I'd eat that shit though look how long its been in the freezer.

- So, uh, Junior's case is not going to be dismissed. Apparently he is competent to stand trial. Bobby assures him by saying they'll get to a juror.

- So Tony has a meeting with Little Carmine in Miami and gets out his own narrative of this situation. Drops in another moulinyan bomb saying that New York tried to steal his guy. The dream which succeeds this scene is strange. I don't understand it.

Can't find any videos, but that's irrelevant. It's apparent that Ralph not being around is having a very harmful impact on Tony's life, no matter how much Tony hated Ralph, in many ways he was glue that held the ship together. Keep dropping these parts and eventually everything will fall apart. Which it does very shortly. If the therapy scenes were really over, I'd have been happy with that. At this point there's not a whole lot of ground for Tony and Melfi to cover.

• Admin
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2012, 04:20:22 PM »
ELOISE

- Prosecutions argument against Junior was really lame in its delivery. Pretty sure that was the point of the scene.

- Furio wearing a Napoli jacket & kit, very authentic. AJ doesn't even say hello to Furio what a dickhead. Hilarious that Carmela wouldn't accept the getaway that Tony offered. Furio seems like he wants to strangle Tony when Tony calls Carmela a moody bitch.

- Carmine is really insistent on this 40% cut of the HUD scam. Not in a good way either. His son doesn't do a very good job of keeping him from getting riled up.

- Furio and Carm were like real close to you know, a moment.

- LOL at the old ladies wrecking their car. Old people driving on the road is one of my biggest fears, they're a danger to society. People who can't use their legs properly shouldn't be operating a motor vehicle. Paulie getting all smart with the woman at the hospital was hilarious.

- Furio is SO MAD at Tony dancing with this broad at the casino. This Brian guy can't hold his shit. The part at the chopper was interesting in that if you didn't know the show was going to go on any longer, Furio throwing Tony into the chopper was a total possibility. Especially considering that everything happens in the one before the finale. Why would anyone stand this close to a chopper blade? As we now see, Furio's late in picking up Tony, and the only assumption to be made is that he checked out of town.

- Johnny knows that Carmine's new proposal is fucked up, but makes it anyway cause of whatever his intentions are.

- Carmela finds out that Furio is actually gone and seems very bothered by that. Seeing him was one of the last things she was holding onto. Of course, because of her current mood, the dinner at Meadow's place doesn't go so well for her. Tony's being surprisingly nice. The conversation about Billy Budd being a gay book is very funny. Never read that, so no comment, but Carmela is raging.

- Big lol at Tony having Carmine's restaurant destroyed. Cause if you want a deal to be figured out, that's what you do!

- Paulie and Sil having that little argument/discussion about the size of Paulie's envelopes was hilarious. OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH Paulie calling Sil a wormy cocksucker, things getting a little crazy here.

- Carmela straight out ran to the restroom at the possibility of Tony having said something to Furio about their little non-thing that was kind of a thing. She's at home bawling which really sucks to see to be honest.

- DAMN THESE WOMEN ARE TAKING THE WHOLE FUCKIN TABLE HOME WITH THEM. ROLLS, SWEET AND LOW, SUGAR, NAPKINS, WHAT THE FUCK...

- ESPLANADE HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN BY NEW YORK WOW OVERREACTION.

- Oh yes some old school JUROR INTIMIDATION GOING ON. I LOVE IT.

- Carmela and Meadow's scene at the restaurant was filled with PMS for real. Carmela is all over Meadow for an assortment of reasons. OOOO ARE YOU JEALOUS CAUSE YOU AND DAD ARE MIDDLE-AGED ICE COLD. THEN CARMELA CALLS HER A CHILD AH SHIT BURN SESSION GOING ON HERE. DO YOU WANT ME TO TRANSFER TO MONTCLAIR STATE THEN I CAN DROP OUT LIKE YOU DID OHHHHHH SHIT. Some vengeful shit going on here.

- Paulie approaching Carmine only to be treated like a foreign citizen was very, very funny. Carmine didn't even know who he was. At that moment Paulie knew he was being played for a moron.

- Carmela walking in while Tony was gorging on food could only be a bad thing. I mean this dude had the whole cabinet and fridge on his kitchen table. OOO Carmela saying she could deal without ever seeing Meadow again DAMN. AJ relaying his stories of visiting Furio's pretty much put Meadow on the trail of what's been going on with Carmela, but the kid was too clueless to ever know that himself.

- Paulie breaking into this old lady's house was funny to be honest, and to some extent I found it appropriate for these women who treated Paulie's mom like shit to be stolen from, or well, something. Funny when she kicked Paulie in the nuts. But Paulie killing her was FUCKED UP, on another level from what I could have left at. Does it get colder than this? On that note, his envelope to Tony this time was huge. Paulie was just hoping he wouldn't get in trouble.

- Tony somehow pegs the idea that Carmela feels unfulfilled while talking with Meadow. WELL NO SHIT.

- WHOA Johnny brings up the idea of whacking Carmine. I'd never have thought. The first time anyway. Of course, they talk in code so Tony didn't quite pick up on it until Johnny got out of his car.

- Last scene describes everything Carmela wanted to be.

Videos:

So much shit going on here, set up for a huge finale. That episode is very long and tough to watch at times so that's for a different day. Unreal level of activity over this hour, the rewatch value is off the charts so I highly recommend it.

• Admin
« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2012, 06:56:12 PM »
WHITECAPS

- We find out from Patsy that Chris is leaving rehab. Good stuff.

- Johnny tightening the belt at home. GOTTA DO IT. Esplanade is shut down and shit.

- One thing about living on the shore and stuff like that pretty much anywhere on the east coast, HURRICANES would keep me from doing it. No thanks to that, but it would be great to live in a place like that. Even here in California. AJ says "UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE" at the idea. Carmela can't help but want to purchase the house even though she's been through a lot of shit the last little while and she wasn't a huge fan of the idea in the first place.

- Tony putting Chris through the ringer post-rehab is kinda fucked up. Gave him too much of a hard time in the car ride. Tony's demands for getting rid of Carmine are very interesting. That's some high leverage shit, 60/40 on construction and nothing to New York on the HUD scheme.

- Tony getting this Sapinsly fuck to screw over the other buyer on the house was a slick move. When it comes down to it, EVERYONE (but Charmaine) does what he wants at some point. Was morbid for him to say you'll inherit this to his kids, couldn't help but laugh.

- "Still we here when it's wop whackin' time in Brooklyn" great quote.

- Oh and now everything's headed to shit. Irina has called and spoken to AJ, now Carmela picks up and we're gonna get wild. "I used to fuck your husband" WHOA SHIT. Carm just hung up and here we go again. She says Tony's been sleeping with her cousin Svetlana (whom Carmela has met before). OOOOOHHH I WILL TRACK YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU IF YOU CALL HERE AGAIN. Now all Tony's shit's flying out the upstairs window, or down the stairs and onto him. I really hate this part. What's crazy is how Tony is all sweating and shit so this seems mad realistic. Many actors aren't able to pull things off to this level but these two do. Tony's hypocrisy in saying "at least I never stole from you" was chilling.

- Svetlana's conversation with Tony was interesting, all this is because of what happened with Zellman, according to her anyway. All the events are partially caused by federal witholding lol.

- So Chris is now destined not to have kids with Adriana. Good info for the future.

- Tony being told to get out of the beach house after staying the night was comical. It's surprising that through all of this he has not had a panic attack. That Alan guy gave him some sleazy advice of meeting with all the divorce attorneys in the area. Then Tony tells him that he has to flake out on the house and things are destined to get a bit shit in that regard. I'm surprised this guy is going so hard against Tony when everyone knows he's a mob boss.

- I laughed at Chris being dragged along to Tony's meeting with Carmine. Funny to see him put in this position talking to a whole bunch of heavy hitters. So Carmine gets 15%, but all kinds of shit has already been put in motion.

- Even Artie knows about what happened with Carmela and Tony shit spreads around fast. Johnny is fuming during his phone conversation with Tony at the Vesuvio.

- LOL at Paulie saying Johnny Sack and Ralph were in bed in some way. OOOOH "I'd put her shit out on the curb" damn Paulie is a cold bastard. This Alan guy trying to keep Tony's deposit was massively fucking stupid. "You must think I'm a fuckin' thug," that was a great comment.

- Oh no at Tony trying to come home and get in the fridge. He thought he was going to run Carmela over as he does everyone else. This episode is real emotionally draining. Even after she said she didn't love him anymore he got in the fridge. Yikes. It was funny when Tony said he's gonna take a  bigger hand in AJ's life, maybe if he'd done that before it would have been better. Or maybe the opposite and AJ would have turned out worse.

- Tony decides to call the Carmine hit off. So Chris goes to pay these guys half, and they get iced when he has Benny and some other dude roast these dudes and get the money back. WHOA. Smart move cause now, the hired guns can never say shit to anyone.

- Oh no now Tony's in the pool, and they argue again. Now we're at the 'I ain't gonna do shit for you' stage. Oh man at Tony's attitude now being critiqued. Correctly I would add. This scene in the theater room is too much, I mean....wow. Tony's rant about the way old gangsters were, responded to by Carmela bringing up Furio and being infatuated with him was probably the craziest thing heard in this show. Period, end of story. Tony's descendence into pure hatred, disgust, and violence was too much, I don't have any other words to describe it at all. His response to that was even worse. Wasn't a good idea to hang up on Melfi when she had answered her phone by the way. Oh no AJ trying to move in the theater room with him now. A bad idea if there ever was one. It's also odd to see her get defended by Tony.

- Deadlocked jury still, lol. Junior's gonna go free. Good idea to hit up that juror. The guy trying to be all friendly afterward was kind of an idiot. Junior didn't want a party or any of that shit. Also Janice and Bobby being all lovey towards each other was something that I NEVER would have expected in the second season when these two characters were introduced. NEVER EVER.

- I love this thing with the Dean Martin concert playing out in the bay. That's how you ruin somebody's day, when he called the boat some goomba trash, it made it easy to enjoy this scene taking place.

- Johnny is REALLY upset that Tony didn't have Carmine disposed of. He hates Carmine and his son so he does not want to go back to work for him, and well doesn't everyone have those kinds of feelings.

- Tony is back in the house again, how unfortunate. Supposedly just stopped by to pick up a few things, but that isn't the real reason he's there. Oh man we're having the talk now. AJ thinking Tony leaving was because of him asking Tony if he could live with him was very typical of his character. This episode should have ended with AJ and Carmela watching Tony drive away, but we lurch back to the boat shit and Tony's guys putting the squeeze on the beach house owners. I didn't really like that much.

Videos:

Great episode but it's emotionally draining to the max and I intend never to watch it again. Same reason I won't watch Six Feet Under again. It's like getting hit with a sledgehammer over and over. In any case, this episode was a long time in coming, and seemed like the right thing to do with the show at this point.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2012, 07:59:01 PM »
[Dean Martin] Jesus Christ I love Vegas [/Dean Martin]

Anyway this might be some of the best acting in the history of television. It is draining but seeing this masterclass at work is worth every minute. Fitting end to the most underrated season.

• Admin
« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2012, 07:25:34 AM »
TWO TONYS

- I love the opening shot, outside the house having leaves blown all over the place, grey skies, pool covered with a bunch of standing water on top, and Meadow running over the newspaper in the driveway. Meadow's car is real dirty too, gross.

- As we see, Phil Leotardo, Feech, and Tony B are coming out of the pen. Tony's reaction to seeing Tony B on the tube was very funny. As we also see Janice and Bobby are now married. Interesting to see Janice trying to do the Sunday dinner thing. This is totally un-Janice of her. OH at AJ backtalking his mom, then going outside only to see a BIG ASS BEAR IN THE BACKYARD WHOA SHIT. AJ's all crying and shit which was hilarious.

- lol at Tony getting all into Prince of Tides. Reminds him of himself. So then, presumably the next day, he has flowers sent to Melfi along with a gallon of Tide. Then inviting Melfi to dinner wasn't a great idea.

- lol at Chris and Paulie telling the other guys about what happened down at the Pine Barrens. Chris saying that Paulie overreacted made shit get all out of hand. This is an amazing argument, one of their best.

- OH SHIT THE BEAR IS THERE AGAIN. By the way, the show's making it extremely obvious that the bear is a metaphor for Tony, invading Carmela's space whenever it wants to. Tony is there now, goes outside, but doesn't get to take a look at the bear. Anywho, the reason Tony showed up in the first place was to give Carmela her money, as we now know. Ensuing argument lets us know that Tony wants Furio dead.

- First sighting of Feech is taking place, "the biggest change for me is broads shaving their bushes" HA. His story about the first day in jail was excellent. Stage is set immediately for tension when we find out Feech has told Junior and Bobby about the bear at the house.

- Little Paulie hanging out in the backyard with the AK was quite a visual. MAN THEY GOT A GRENADE TOO AT THE SOPRANO HOUSE. Was funny how he got all scared of the bear while outside and decided to spend the rest of his shift in the bathroom.

- LOL at Chris trying to bail out of paying for dinner, leaving Paulie holding the bag. A really bad idea is what that is. YOU OWE ME 860 DOLLARS NOW, even though Paulie insisted on paying.

- Carmine has egg salad, good playing on that theme as he collapses and has a stroke or whatever the fuck. Johnny hasn't forgotten what happened last year, and seems to hold a grudge over it. More on that front in the future.

- Tony showing up at Melfi's office with the intent of taking her out is real uncomfortable to watch. Funny at the same time though. The first scene is left unresolved until later.

- So now we're in AC and Chris is definitely screwed into paying a HUGE dinner tab. I laughed at Chris saying under his breath that Paulie needs glasses. LOL these two arguing over the dinner and shit totally laughable. Oh man this part is fucked up, the waiter says he only got 16 bucks on a tip (which is fucked), then calls Chris and Paulie fucking assholes what a mistake. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH ROCK TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD AND THE GUY'S HAVING A SEIZURE AND SHIT so Paulie doesn't know what to do and SHOOTS HIM RIGHT IN THE CHEST, STEALS CHRISTOPHER'S MONEY BACK AND THEY RUN AWAY. Whoa. Chris and Paulie's spat is immediately over, done, and forgotten about.

- Melfi finishes up a group therapy session, and who else could be waiting outside but Tony. Yikes, now he's trying to give Melfi cruise tickets. At the very end he calls her a cunt which perfectly sums up in so many words why she wouldn't want to date him. When he doesn't get his way, he totally loses his shit, as he does here. Everything Melfi says is the truth, of course. Now Tony's all mad, sulking and shit, and decides to take a shift in the backyard on bear patrol.

Videos:

Great season opener. For some reason I remember the later seasons as not being nearly as good as the first three, but these episodes are kinda blowing that out of the water.

• Admin
« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2012, 09:35:20 AM »
RAT PACK

- The FBI following around this contractor guy, plus his ensuing comments to Tony, lets us know that we have a new rat. And the rat apparently think his mom's in hell.

- We then get a montage of, well, presumably, a rat pack. Adriana and Ray are now shown. Adriana gives the feds some info about a guy who got murdered and Ray's at the FBI office correcting some audio hiccups that they had with his bug. And then, we know that the prosecutors don't have shit to put on Tony for a trial. They also don't see the purpose of putting him on trial when the mob found a way to get Junior off.

- lol at Junior saying these dandelions were like eating red fescue. But see here, now we know something's wrong with Junior when he asks for eggs twice. That shit's not very normal. So Carmine's dead. We cut to the funeral, where we see Phil Leotardo and Lady Shylock for the first time. Epic level dickhead. Little Carmine & Johnny have a full blowout over some rosary beads. Little Carmine calls Opus Dei a fundamentalist cult, don't even know what Opus Dei is.

- Chris in a club when he doesn't drink is not a great situation. And at home he complains about it, which he should.

- Tony B is wearing the most 80's style suit you could possibly imagine. It's real weird to see Buscemi in this role after Boardwalk Empire. How awkward when Tony B has to say that he's been away on business. Cause how can you explain that you've been locked up for years. Right at this moment I could see that Carmela and Tony's separation wasn't going to last very long. I don't know if it should have or shouldn't have. Tony's story about he and Tony B as kids was touching.

- LOL at Sun ta-zu...that's what Paulie calls him anyway. Johnny Sack and Tony having a conversation while Johnny is on the shitter is too weird.

- MASSAGE THERAPY. Tony B is wise try to go legit, but as we know based on events in this show, it's borderline impossible for anyone to go straight. The temptations are just too great. Even still, he goes straight with help, cause he can't drive and shit, Tony has to hook him up with a divers license and what not.

- The theater room at the Soprano house is so damn dark that even I would fall asleep if I tried to watch a movie there. The women tried to have a film club discussion but immediately it deterioriates into a gossip fest. Even Janice is complaining about her marriage and its only been a few months.

- Sanseverino's speech about the FBI being the good guys and all that was pretty gross. Didn't appeal to me at all.

- Tony B is a straight out ball breaker, but LOL at him giving fat fuck Vito a massage as well as everyone else. That was hilarious shit. Tony is too uptight and against this ballbreaking, TIME TO CRACK DOWN. Absolute power corrupts absolutely is a good phrase for this.

- This friend of Adriana's is a whore for real.

- Nice of Patsy to find out that some feds were sitting outside of the diner Tony was at with Masserone. All that is, is luck. Tony then has a meeting with him where he gives Masserone a patdown, but the fuckup there is, Masserone's bug is in his hat. LOL what a good idea. Funny that the Korean employer of Tony B wanted him fired. WOW at the hypocrisy of Tony criticizing Christopher for his suggestion to use Tony B for the hit when Tony B wanted to go straight.

- Next on the film club list, The Godfather. HA. Rosalie telling Adriana that Pussy was a rat really shook Ade up. Called Pussy a Judas, which makes Ade feel the same way. We've cut back to this part and Adriana is hitting the bottle HARD. She was gonna tell them and everything, not a great idea at all. DAMN WIPED OUT WHILE RUNNING TO THE CAR THAT SHIT HAD TO HURT. So she left.

- Was funny how Tony is all reflecting on Masserone's comments about Tony losing weight, and then he's like there's just no fuckin' way that's true. As such, it's time to get rid of the guy. Next day, Masserone's got a sock shoved into his mouth and is put in a trunk somewhere, dead.

- Adriana exposing Tina (her friends) check cashing fraud was a good way for her to give the feds info that didn't relate to Tony in any way. Plus, like I said, this Tina is a whore and it was time to cut her out of her life.

Videos:

Another great episode. In large part this season is about conflict resolution and what has been learned from past scenarios being put to use now. This was a great setup for everything which takes place later.

• Admin
« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2012, 10:46:10 AM »
WHERE'S JOHNNY?

- Just noticed that the name on Tony B's jacket is Luis. Very funny, don't know exactly why that's the case but was very funny. Now Tony B is hanging out with Feech and shit, when Feech sees this Sal Vitro guy while driving down the street. Tries to squeeze him out of the area by kicking him in the nuts, "HOW BOUT I FUCK OFF ALL OVER YOUR FUCKIN FACE YOU DON'T WORK THIS NEIGHBORHOOD"

- Junior has cable now, by the way. When he sees Curb on TV and confuses himself with Larry David that's hilarious. Confuses Bobby for Jeff too. He's slowly losing his grip.

- So now that Bobby's not having to mind over Junior all the time due to the trial being over, Bobby wants to be out on the street and not cooped up in a house. Because Tony depends on Bobby so much he does not want Bobby out in the mix where he can get into trouble. This is such a strange position for Bobby to be in, I know I keep harping on it but who woulda thought?

- Paulie finds out about what happened to the Vitro guy, and it's easy to see shit could get crazy later.

- First instance of Phil Leotardo being an asshole happens here. Slaps this Lady Shylock and told her YOU BETTER KICK UP TO JOHNNY SACK IN THE FUTURE. Response is "I'LL SUCK YOUR COCKS" wtf. Phil shoots his load (pun intended) and the bullet doesn't make it the whole way through the phone book. Lucky her. Considering Carmine never named a successor, New York has a conundrum between who takes the spot. LOL Junior straight disrespects Tony that's cold stuff. Tony's three headed boss idea is doomed for failure from the start, you cannot do that ever.

- "They release these fucks from the can, obviously he wasn't rehabilitated," yeah, obviously not. Paulie says give him a couple percent and this shit with Sal & Feech will be straightened out. Now we're here at a meeting between Paulie and Feech, the both of them get straight up HEATED. Of course Feech wasn't gonna back down from claiming that neighborhood for his nephew's business. OH told Paulie to get the fuck out of his store.

- Bobby Junior started wetting the bed again OHHH. Was funny for Janice to not make her own food for Sunday dinner but go to Vesuvio for a pickup. Tony trying to bury the hatchet with Artie was good, it being successful was even better. DAMN how you eat dinner without all the guests showed up. LOL at Junior saying once again that Tony never had the makings of a varsity athlete. That's straight Alzheimer's shit right there. "Small hands that was your problem" dead cold. So Tony's other sister shows up, and Junior says the exact same thing about varsity athlete and Tony gets all angry and leaves, which cracked me up.

- Neat touch to have Tony meet Johnny Sack outside of Shea Stadium. Johnny blames Tony for what's going on here, and of course, as we'd all expect, Johnny wants no part of a power sharing scheme.

- JUNIOR HAS LEFT THE BUILDING. Nobody knows where he's went to, but we see him get thrown out of a church (lol). He also has no idea which car is his. Very funny to see how well, or not well Janice watches Bobby's kids. Kid makes a glass of chocolate milk only for Janice to pour that shit down the sink.

- I love this part. Paulie sees the Lamanna landscaping operation out on the street, and after a conversation needs to take shit to the next level. WHACKED THE GUY HOLDING THE HARNESS ROPE OVER THE HEAD WITH A SHOVEL, which sends Feech's nephew out of the tree into the street. lol at Paulie taking the guy's wallet. He also wants 10% of the operation now, and he stole the lawnmower and shoved it in the trunk of his Caddy, one of my favorite parts in the whole series.

- Tony explicitly tells Chris not to say anything during this sitdown, but he can't keep his fuckin' mouth shut and Johnny burns him beyond belief. "MAYBE YOU SHOULD STILL BE WAITING IN THE CAR." He has no business being near the top of Tony's organization, just doesn't get it.

- That shot of Junior sitting on the bench staring at the un-logoed soda bottle from the factory was real well shot, as was the one of Junior walking across the bridge. He has absolutely no idea where he's going or what he's doing. His conversation with the cops was amusing, but telling the cop to shit in his hat when he got back home was even better.

- At Tony's place, where Artie has moved in, Janice and Bobby come over to have a talk. Tony is real frustrated with his uncle this time. Janice then starts in on Tony about his marriage and we know shit's gonna get buck. Bobby repeating "ROADIES" WAS AMAZING. OH Janice slaps Tony, Tony grabs her around the neck, and Artie gets hit in the eye poor fella can't catch a break.

- LOL at Paulie saying the guy jumped out of the tree with a chainsaw to come after him. Paulie signing this Vitro guy up to do everyone's grass turned out to be messed up shit. Paulie stealing off the top of the money intended for Sal's arm was uh, a typical move.

- Tony gets hit with the realization that Junior really does suffer from brain trauma and doesn't take too well to that. It's like, now he knows, and feels bad about the shit that he said.

Video:

Show took a break from Carmela this episode, probably a good idea as no subplot between her and Tony would have fit in here. Also, I really dislike Feech, always have and always will.

• Admin
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2012, 12:14:06 PM »
ALL HAPPY FAMILIES...

- Tony doesn't remember that he gave the DeWalt drill to Brian, Carmela didn't do anything to it at all. LOL at the story of Tony B's seed being smuggled out of jail to create those two kids lives. Also, these little piddly arguments Tony and Carmela are now having is something that should have stopped with the separation, yet nope. They're still too entwined to prevent them.

- Welp, this Lorraine chick is dead. Phil Leotardo and his crew be some cold motherfuckers.

- lol at Silvio asking Feech to tell everyone about the time Tony robbed Feech's card game. We don't get a full story though, too bad. But Feech does ask to have his card game back, only to get 20%. LOL at LT being at the card game during Feech's first hilarious story. Turns into a ball breaking session when Tony shows up.

- Of course, AJ's grades are shit. Tony calling therapy a crutch was quite ironic. AJ being all happy about being learning disabled is too weird. Tony rewarding AJ with a brand new car was fucked up. Tony feels straight out guilty over the separation, only explanation for this stuff. But I liked what Tony said about this car sitting in the garage until AJ's grades go up.

- OOOOOH Carmela saying that Tony doesn't have real friends, just flunkies. That's harsh truth to the maximum. Words cut deep.

- Tony's letter to Melfi when re-read was very amusing, had to mention it.

- AJ is so cold to his mom trying to make small talk with him. That shit's wrong, when your mom does that you should always pay attention and stuff. Kid's an asshole, moron, etc.

- LOL DAVID LEE ROTH. Tony told a terrible joke and knew IMMEDIATELY that everything Carmela said about his friends just being flunkies was the truth. But see, Feech wasn't laughing, so that dude's someone to watch out for.

- Clearly he isn't an ass kisser like the rest. We continue on a roll of great scenes with Feech's guys stealing cars at the dick doctor's daughter's wedding. Messed up even for this show, yet typically elicits laughter. Valet runs up there with a bloody nose and fucks up the whole proceedings. Ha at "now who's a genius for keeping my Regal." When Tony finds out about this he's TOTALLY displeased.

- See, when Carmela tries to be lenient, AJ takes advantage of her in the worst way. Manuevered his way into not having to go to Meadow's, went to a hotel instead. He and his friends then acted like total tards the whole time. LOL at "INSERT WOOD" being drawn upon somebody's ass. AJ looks like a total freak, his face is stuck to the carpet, he has no eyebrows. Of course Carmela is worried sick and calls Tony. If Tony was on his way, that would have been a bad idea cause AJ walks straight through the door and looks like a freak. Then Carmela tries to chase AJ up the stairs and falls down, and her son doesn't even help her up. Dick.head. Dumbass tries to make it seem like everything's normal when Tony shows up which is a big mistake. LOL "IF YOU GOT SOME KIND OF SEXUAL PROCLIVITY WITH THAT TEACHER OR WHATEVER NOW'S THE TIME TO TELL US," amazing comment. Tony taking his side is fucked up too but is something to be expected. Anyway, now AJ's gonna go live with Tony.

- Tony meets with Feech, and their conversation doesn't go too great. He finds out that Feech did that carjacking thing, and knows that he's gotta correct this fast before things get out of hand like they did with Richie and Jackie Jr.

- Tony's plan here is foolproof. Feech is old school so there's no chance of him ratting on anyone. Chris and Benny show up at Feech's place, and ask to store these stolen flat screens in his garage. Or rather, Feech begs for the TV's to be stored in his garage. Neat trick for a substitute parole officer to show up at Feech's house, he believes that the one Feech is using has been stolen. When the officer says that Feech's garage needs to be opened, well that's obviously it for Feech, back to jail he goes.

- Flashback scenes in any show are the best, Carmela's one watching AJ zoom down the driveway on a tricycle fits into that category. It's like where does life go?

Videos:

Feeling bad for Carmela. She's got nothing left in life, like, at all. Now with AJ gone she's going to have a hard time trying to fill it, and as we know, falls back into old habits before very long. This season is a LOT better than I remember it.  I rank them 3, 2, 1, 4 up until this point. Even the comparatively worst season of this show is better than about 95% of all television seasons in existence, so it's nitpicking really. Rolling from one great episode to the next is nice.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2012, 12:39:58 PM »
Junior's behavior this season is based off of real-life Vincent Gigante, boss of the Genovese crime family (the most powerful of all the NY crime families) for most of the eighties.  Only difference is that Gigante faked it the entire time to avoid sentencing; walking around the streets in his bath robe, acting like a borderline retard in court, prescribing for a shit-ton of prescriptions.  The feds finally busted his shut when they placed a bug in his apartment and realized that he was a normal functioning individual in private, albeit the most powerful mobster in the country.

The shot of Carmela standing alone in the doorway of the house after flashing back to AJ riding his trike down the drive may be the saddest of the entire series.

909, you are really making me want to re-watch the series for like a fifth time now, enjoy reading your reviews and glad to hear your thoughts on the show.

• Admin
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2012, 12:54:45 PM »
That's hilarious re: Junior and Gigante. I can't explain why, cause I don't know why, but I've never really gotten into reading about mob history. Probably should as it always seems interesting.

It's too good rewatching it again, I think this is the fourth time I've been through. I get tired of a few episodes, just because they hit a little too hard, but the series as a whole is just as enjoyable to watch now as it was the first time I watched it. After this though, I probably won't watch it again until I find a keeper and foist watching this show upon her if she hasn't seen it already.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2012, 12:58:29 PM »
If you read just one book on the American Mafia, this should be it:  http://www.amazon.com/Five-Families-Resurgence-Americas-Powerful/dp/0312361815/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1355799447&sr=1-1&keywords=five+families

It's pretty long but a totally enthralling read.

• Admin
« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2012, 02:06:13 PM »
IRREGULAR AROUND THE MARGINS

- lol at Meadow being at the Crazy Horse only to run into Tony. HILARIOUS. "Promise me no drinking and driving." Too weird of a clash that. Had completely and entirely forgotten about that scene. Meadow of course no longer wanted to be there once finding out Tony "had an office" there.

- So Tony is having some shit removed from his head. I can imagine that would hurt. Nice contrast in cutting to Adriana at the doctor and finding out she has IBS (so do I! Not near as bad as her's though.). Tony also lies to Carmela about what's on his head. She's drawing a picture, not to mention really bored it seems like. Chris saying that he knew someone's asshole who rotted out OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. "You listen to the President, we're gonna mop the floor with the world and they're all gonna be under our control" interesting comment by Chris.

- The conversations between Adriana and Tony in this are very awkward. Somebody put this perfectly last episode or the one before when they said everyone is drawn to Tony because his personality is bigger than life. That applies here and it explains how he pulls all this ass. Tony doing coke with Adriana is just, uh, WEIRD. That's like doing drugs with your dad or some shit. If only Tony knew that she was informing. These two nearly kissing was WAY too much. Phil interrupts though by knocking on the door.

- Well then, Tony back in therapy. Telling Melfi that he cannot under any circumstances hook up with Adriana. He doesn't think he's capable of continuing not to do anything though. Adriana is in denial of her current situation though and has it in her head she'll be leaving the state in the future. Unlikely.

- So now Adriana and Tony are headed to go get some coke. Tony asks Adriana if he could get set up with that Danielle, which was hilarious cause as we know, she's a fed and long gone. Then Adriana tells Tony to avoid a raccoon in the road and he wipes out the car. Tony can't believe that he's okay, Adriana is of course not okay at all.

- Chris hears about this accident and FLIPS HIS SHIT. At first he's dead silent, doesn't know what to say. Then thinks something was going on with her and Tony. LOL at Tony asking him to throw a shit stick in the trash, and going on to call Chris average and shit. Ouch, that's some cold shit. LOL Chris saying that Tony would fuck a catcher's mitt.

- The gossiping going on here is unreal. Bobby's was the best, when the paramedics showed up, her cock was still on his mouth. Hilarious at gay Vito saying Adriana could suck his cock any time she wants. LOL Chris calling Vito a parade float and throwing his food at Vito, he's obviously about to lose his shit. Choking Adriana I don't remember that part, hearing these rumors fuckin' sucks. OH NO beating up Adriana now I can't remember that either what a horrible piece of shit.

- Tony B heard the rumors and makes Tony aware that Chris thinks the worst about what happened the night of the crash.

- Hilarious how Tony made AJ get the hell out of his house and back to Carmela's. Carmela heard about the rumors too. Yikes. Tony can't get in a word, so he leaves, but not before walking back inside and getting his pizza.

- Chris is full out crazy now WHOA SHIT WALKING INTO THE BING WITH A PIECE. OHHHH shooting up Tony's car now this dude has gone insane. LOL TONY SIRAGUSA, bigger lol at Silvio saying "just another unhappy customer." This blew so far out of proportion but Paulie getting in his little dig was hilarious. Tony B's idea to fix this was a very, very good idea. Good that the doctor wouldn't take Tony's money. This is a great insight into Christopher's character. Everything with him is about perception. See how this looks, that's bad, and for him he can't deal with it.

- Tony has to do some damage control of his own. Getting Carmela to believe him was hard enough, now she has to tag along with him to dinner with Chris, Adriana, Tony B, and his mom. Awkward...but everyone sees it, so rumors are clearly taken to be just that.

Videos:

Another spectacular episode. To be completely honest, the only reason Tony didn't fuck Adriana was because of the car crash. Coke in the middle of the night generally leads to fucking, obviously. Once you realize that, it's strange to view the episode from that light. Essentially Tony is forced to defend himself although his intent was certainly to do what he's defending himself from accusations of doing.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2012, 03:19:30 PM »
Wow, I never realized they replaced the actor who played Dr. Fried. Same thing with Tony's sister Barbara. What the fuck were these people doing to either get canned or not want to stay on such an esteemed program?

• Admin
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2012, 03:24:23 PM »
The guy who played Dr. Fried did a run on The Producers around the country. Dunno what happened to other Barbara.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2012, 03:27:03 PM »
Makes sense. Just thought the original Fried was perfect.

• Admin
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2012, 04:40:12 PM »
SENTIMENTAL EDUCATION

- Tony B's truck gets stolen, it's almost like he can't catch a break. Damn he like fell and skinned up his leg real bad that had to hurt. The Korean guy saying "why do you fuck me like this" with his accent and whatever was hilarious.

- Tony giving AJ a hard time was funnier, even funnier was him running over there and giving AJ the real business for talking back with some stupid shit. Ordinarily this wouldn't be amusing at all, but it's AJ, I can only find this amusing because the kid is a dickhead to the extreme.

- Tony B's lady straight out saying that Janice's lasagna wasn't any good cracked me up. Brutal honesty is great.

- Ha, Father Phil. Haven't seen him in a little while. Carmela seems to have only invited him to dinner with the purpose of rubbing his face in the fact that she found somebody who she believes he can relate to. Even said that she thought Wegler was gay and that it reminded her of Father Phil. In response he calls Carmela a sinner in so many words.

- This Kim guy is hilarious. Can hardly understand anything he says to be honest. But he says he'll stake Tony B in a massage business. Why wouldn't he go to Tony for that? Okay, that's a stupid question. I already know why.

- AJ saying he'll call social services like a total idiot is frustrating. Begging to go back to Carm's house. HA! Tony's post-conversation analysis was a funny joke.

- Paulie's germophobia never disappoints. "Word to the wise, REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The guy is KOREAN, not Japanese.

- I don't like this Wegler and I get the feeling that you aren't supposed to. That being said, if somebody kept talking out their son's problems in bed after getting it on like she does I'd break it off with that person, cause it has only been a few weeks she knows this Wegler or some shit like that. There's gotta be boundaries here. LOL at Carmela grabbing a handgun and stashing it under Tony's old pillow after looking at a picture of Tony. That's, uh, guilt or something. That being said the Catholic Church seems to be harder on devout Catholics who give an honest confession than those who are lightly practicing and do not confess. Something about that seems way wrong to me. That being said, what he does say makes sense to some degree, only in that he tells her that this guy (Wegler) is not gonna be there for her when she's old and gray.

- Tony B is now a certified massage therapist. Good job! Chris walking into the room and saying there's a dog groomer next door in case someone needs a snack was some truly racist shit. LOL Chris with that "think you could put in a word for some kung pow cooch."

- AJ is convinced that Wegler is gay. Funny. Just as funny as AJ falling asleep while his mom was trying to help him out with homework.

- I find it highly unlikely that two random people just threw out some drug money in front of Tony B, but hey who knows. Tony setting that up so Tony B would be indebted to him in some subconscious way seems far more likely. Or cause that's the way Tony is, just trying to help his cousin out. I dunno. Paulie and Tony B had a good ball busting exchange regarding happy endings and shit.

- Of course now we see that he really did plagiarize his paper. lol at Tony calling Wegler a fag and then Carmela saying maybe you're a fag. Tony taking his clothes off and shit after this argument, then going for a swim was excellent. How smothering is that on his part.

- Carmela bailing on Wegler was uh, weird? I don't know how else to put it. But it did force Wegler to lean on AJ's teacher, getting AJ a better grade. Carmela would have wanted that in the first place. The teacher does seem to hint at AJ being treated unfairly because of his family background though.

- Tony B is having a really hard time pulling himself away from the mob life, and to be honest unless he was to move out of the area that's pretty much impossible. How can a person do that?

- Wegler's incorrect that Carmela is having sex with him solely to get AJ a better grade, but it is a large factor in her decision, however subconsciously. Maybe she doesn't realize it's a factor. She should have apologized to Wegler once confronted on this, but when she said "how could asking someone for help be using them, that's what people do" pretty much sealed the deal on that front. "You strongarmed me using the only weapon you have, your pussy" WHOA.

- As we find out shortly, Tony B's linen job is pretty backbreaking work. Not ideal by any stretch. He's been doing so mch work that when this Kim fuck starts in on him he can't take it anymore and beats the piss out of him, thus ruining his best chance at having a straight life, because not only does he lose his potential massage business but his job too.

- lol at Hugh giving Carmela shit about not having a man around in the house. When Carmela tells him about the thing with Wegler, what's a dad supposed to say in that scenario? It's the truth that because she was married to Tony, she's going to be stuck with that shit forever. He says nothing, obviously.

Video:

Another REALLY good episode here. Did Tony know that Tony B would fall back into his clutches if he found that money in the street, or did Tony have nothing to do with that at all? It's an interesting question and telling of the relationships that the viewer has formed with the characters for us to even think that may be a possibility. Does that make us bad people? I dunno.

• Admin
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2012, 05:56:17 PM »
IN CAMELOT

- Tony and Janice have made up in some way and are now having dinner. Funny how they all eat in front of the TV when Bobby completely hated the idea of his kids doing this when their mom died. Belly-laugh alert,

"Can we get a dog, I'll walk him and pick up the poo and pee" - Bobby Jr.

"Pee, right...start with your underwear" - Janice

Laughing beyond all control.

- Junior at another funeral, poor guy is totally beholden to death. For some reason Bobby says that his memory has improved which is totally ridiculous based on the conversations here. This lady Fran being at the cemetery at the same time as another funeral Tony was attending is too much of a coincidence to be believable. Apparently Junior wanted Fran for himself, but decided not to try it out and Johnny took the cooze for himself.

- This JT guy and his long running storyline with Chris was something I found interesting, if a bit distracting from more important issues. Apparently he and JT knew each other from rehab or whatever.

- At first Tony is approving of Fran's former relationship with his dad because he considers Livia to be like a Darth Vader type figure. More he finds out about Fran the less this is the case.

- Now Junior is combing the obits for funerals to go to, yikes. What a morbid thing to do.

- First thing that hurts Tony was discovering that his dog was taken from his house and given to Fran's son. I can imagine that's some traumatizing shit to learn. Awful. Fran's possibly true motives are revealed when she brings up Hesh and Phil Leotardo screwing her out of an investment. Tony arguing with Hesh about this is weird, just because. Hesh being into black chicks is something I've always found funny in a running gag sense.

- How is the government allowed to hold Junior under house arrest without an upcoming trial? I'm not getting that.

- Chris needs to stop falling off the wagon, cause if Tony found out he'd lose his shit. "Wanted to see if I could get high like a normal person" makes no sense.

- Phil and Tony immediately have tension the first time we see them talk to each other. Anyone could have seen they'd have a future grudge.

- Fran's story about JFK was so hammed up. There are parts of this storyline I don't like, but all in all it's a good vehicle for the show. Says a lot about Tony that he would continue to listen to this broad, it's pure hatred towards his mom that could contribute to this and nothing else.

- Chris pushed this JT guy into turning to drugs, clear as day. People with addiction problems shouldn't be encouraged to gamble. lol at charging his friend vig.

- Phil ignoring Tony like this was some pure rage moron dickhead stuff. I love how Tony chases him down Grand Theft Auto style and makes him crash into a bus. AMAZING. Pay up you cocksucker.

- Playing computer games instead of writing scripts and shit was not too wise. Of course JT went to AC and could not pay, but Chris will be back tomorrow. DON'T BE A JERKOFF. Well, this time he's there with Little Paulie. Little Paulie saying he hasn't seen Pulp Fiction was a great line. LOL how fucked up Chris bashing a glass framed picture over his head.

- Junior at another funeral, this far more legit than the last one. He can't take it anymore and breaks down. Uncomfortable....

- LOL at JT trying to pawn his Emmy. "I'll melt it down and give you 15 dollars." Chris is a straight hypocrite getting all indignant about JT using again. Ridiculing this guy when Chris did this to him was wrong.

- Fran saying she smoked when Johnny Soprano had emphysema pissed Tony off pretty bad, but this part is extremely disturbing. Singing Happy Birthday with the captain's hat on was probably the worst thing in this whole show. Shocking & and real gross, it's impossible to watch that part without switching to a new tab and letting it run. 16 year old Tony has funny hair, by the way. His story at Melfi's office revealed that really, when it comes down to it, his dad was a piece of shit and not somebody worth deifying as he had been doing. Sad for Tony that his dad had to get/made Tony to lie for him like this. Rather than address the real issue he wanted to go back and talk about his mom forcing Tony's dog to be given away. Unfortunate.

- Chris taking this guy's car was even more cold. Ouch. This is just like the bust out episode, except Chris is giving JT all kinds of bullshit advice whereas Tony was straight in telling Davey he was going to take his business down.

- Apparently it's Junior's medicine that is causing these reactions for him. Needs to be changed, according to the doctor. His monologue at the end pretty much sums up why I have no intent of living a lonely life with no kids, wife, etc. To say he regrets that shit is an understatement. 

Videos:

This episode is kinda underrated, but very slow-paced and doesn't have a major payoff scene to what took place. Probably in the lower rung of episodes, but hey, it's still good! The next one is one of my favorites, will probably watch it tomorrow.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2012, 02:36:37 AM »
Love the Tony-Phil chase scene. "WHERE YOU GONNA GO HUH?"

• Admin
« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2012, 11:29:59 AM »
MARCO POLO

- The opening scene establishes that Little Carmine is more of a material person than he is a hardened criminal. He's all shook over his boat sinking and shit.

- Oh shit Hugh fell off the roof of Carmela's house. At least he landed in some bushes cause that could have been way worse. This guy in the ER is basically dying while Carmela talks with her mom about birthday parties and shit.

- Poor Vitro still doing free lawn service while Tony and Johnny pile into the new Maserati and scram out of the neighborhood. I can imagine that would be demoralizing.

- LOL Siragusa is still around and playing the role of Tony's driver. Angie as body shop owner was something I found odd, to be honest.

- Tony's dirty ass house cracked me up too. Food fucking everywhere, clothes, all that shit. Funny how Carmela and Tony argued about something different after Tony had been told he wasn't invited to Hugh's surprise party.

- Junior is straight out stupid calling Hugh and ruining the surprise party, telling Hugh not to expect him to show up. It was funny to see Hugh's face light up at the realization a surprise party was being planned for him.

- Apparently this episode is a month's distance from the last one, as indicated when Tony told Tony B that he's been back in the fold for just a month, eat what's on your plate and all that lark.

- All these Phil scenes are good character development. He's giving Angie the hardest time. lol at something's off with the seat.

- Carmela's reaction to finding out Junior told Hugh about the surprise party was brilliant. AJ calls Hugh's doctor friend "Dr Faggo" lol. Hugh's reaction to finding out Tony isn't coming to the party is one of pure disappointment. When Hugh's hero worship of Tony is displayed like this, I love it. He says they might as well cancel the party if Tony's not going to be there.

- Tony B getting too close to Little Carmine's guys, big mistake...contract killing one of Johnny and Phil's guys is not a good idea. At least initially he declines the offer, but, well, we know.

- Tony didn't even have to manuever his way into being allowed at the party, it just works out that we because of who he is. Tony B being delegated to Carmela's bitchboy was a great little subplot mixed in here. Everything about Tony B in this episode is related to him realizing that he could have had a life like this. Longing eyes, the comments made, mannerisms, all that. Perfect acting job.

- Small callback here with Meadow making a huge fuckin' mess when she made her cake. The counter was filthy, just like when she made grilled cheese or whatever the fuck with Hunter that one episode.

- Tony made his arrival at a perfect time, that's how you get people to depend on you. It's all about timing. Carmela's mom had the biggest cringe on her face when Tony walked outside singing his sausage song to Hugh. These older Italian friends of Hugh's seem to be squares to the max.

- Was funny for Tony to give Hugh his gift first. This was some perfect manuevering shit got him a Beretta. Real gift if there ever was one. Lol at this panning straight to Tony B starting to get recalcitrant and unhappy at being told to do all this stuff, as well as pointing the camera at Tony's gut and Carmela's ass. LOL.

- This "Dr Faggo" was a dickhead, said they never export the best Berettas, what kind of friend is that? Shitting all over a guy on his birthday is as screwed up as it gets. I loved how Tony just walked away from this guy like 'how could you.' Really seemed to hurt Hugh's feelings.

- Man, Tony B is so sad to see Meadow with Tony, cause of what's going on with his own daughter. That look on his face was just sad. Lol Hugh is totally sauced, needs help to the car, but Tony B says "What am I a fucking slave," which was great. WTF Carmela's mom saying "I'm sorry for everything" that's dead cold stupid. I enjoyed Carmela tearing into her.

- So Tony B's kids took something from AJ's closet, something which didn't mean shit to AJ anymore. An Olympic pin set. Fuck that has to destroy someone to hear that comment of "I don't want to come back here" from their own son. You can see how Tony B is destroyed.

- LOL the game of Marco Polo with Artie straining to keep his eyes shut and shit. Was great when Tony and AJ threw Carmela in the pool, doesn't everyone want to do that when they seem someone walking around a pool in full clothing?  Amusing how Carm then joined in the game, only for everyone else to eventually leave the pool. And then we know what happens afterward which is a good moment and all that, inevitable too I should add. If Carmela had resolved to be just friends with Tony, that was never going to last long. Tony is capable of sucking everyone in when

- Hilarious for Artie to wake up in the morning with everyone having left him outside to sleep.

- So Tony B took the order from Little Carmine's guys to kill Joey Peeps. Iced him and his skeeze, but got his foot run over which ain't too great a thing to happen.

Videos:

Like I said yesterday, I love this episode. One thing that's a bit more noticeable after going back through is that Tony B's character was pretty underutilized up to this point. Probably could have done more with him.

Offline JAxlMorrison

« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2012, 06:34:37 AM »
Because of this thread I activated my HBO GO. Now I'm intimidated lol. I don't know whether to watch it all the way through again, or to just cherry pick all my favorite episodes.

• Admin
« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2012, 03:12:03 PM »
UNIDENTIFIED BLACK MALES

- Man who still sits in their backyard during the hot ass summer watching baseball games? That's something outdated despite this not being all that old. Tony B blaming his leg injury on some black dudes (hence title) is amusing.

- Finn paying the check as a matter of reciprocity was something bound to head to chaos and Tony getting all upset. Poor guy was just trying to be nice!

- Tony not talking to Carmela after the pool incident was ice cold. Coupled with not going in the house and, well, what can really be said about that. Falco did a great job of acting and made herself look destroyed.

- Johnny Sack is shook bad about Joey Peeps. When Tony realizes his cousin may have done the shooting it's panic attack time.

- lol at Tony taking that prick from earlier this season's advice and contacting all the attorneys in the area.

- It's always really uncomfortable when Tony talks about anything business related in front of Melfi.

- Tony getting Finn a job was a nice idea in theory but uh, this was way too odd. LOL Paulie telling Finn to get the dogshit off his tires that was one of the funniest fuckin' things I've heard. THEN Paulie finds out Finn is Meadow's boyfriend and kisses his ass big time, this was too much.

- OHHHHHHH Carmela invited Tony to lunch to tell him she was filing for divorce. Such a tense conversation.

- In hindsight it was obvious that the Vito gay thing was going to come up at some point cause this guy was all over Finn like a true 'mo. I also like how Finn sits on some blocks just a bit away from the crew, almost like an unofficial member. LOL at Little Paulie calling Eugene a gay. This could be the best ball busting session in the whole series. OHHHHHHHHHH Eugene is straight angry over that and BREAKS A BOTTLE OVER LITTLE PAULIE'S HEAD WHOA these guys are laughing at it like this is normal activity as Finn acts all disgusted and about to vomit and shit. OOOOOOOOH at Vito saying if someone calls the cops, the story is "they saw two niggers running that way" totally fucked up.

- Meadow acting like Eugene is such a sweet guy or whatever shows how blinded some of these people get to the fact that these guys are sociopaths, murderers, all that.

- Oh man that headstone. Says PEEPS on it. Yikes. Johnny is mad shook not only about that but about finding out Tony B shot Joey Peeps. This of course, sets us on a spiral that lasts all the way until the end of the series. Tony went to bat for his cousin with the hugest of lies, in some way it's hard to believe he would do that for somebody else, because he has not done that at any point yet in this whole show. Like he didn't just put his neck out there for Tony B but his whole body.

- Finn is now scared of these guys of course, and he's too scared to even say who would win a fight between Ali and Tyson. Vito tried to put his mind at ease and shit and I guess it worked.

- Now Chris is whining about Tony B getting the casino. Telling Adriana way too much...so of course she goes to her bud Sanseverino and puts her on the case. No bueno.

- LOL Finn pulls up at work early and what does he see but FAT ASS VITO GIVING A BLOWIE TO A DUDE. This was some hot news shit at the time, I remember it being repeated on Good Day LA like 10 times the day after. Then ugh this dude walks up to Finn near the outhouse and comes off extremely weird and offputting.

- I wonder what would have happened if Finn had actually gone to the Yankee game. Would Vito have ended this dude to keep the secret? When he told Meadow about all the shit that happened earlier in the day she's in a total state of disbelief. These people are so blinkered it's unreal. I'm gonna be honest, when Finn pulled out the suitcase and considered leaving the area I'd have done the same shit. There's no sense in trying to play hard with guys like this. That would be when keeping it real goes wrong. The argument between he and Meadow is so amusing though, capped off by the AC crapping out. Ultimately Finn doesn't know what to do so he asks Meadow to marry him. This episode does an amazing job of illustrating how people make bad decisions under pressure and the kind of impact they can have on your life.

- Right now we find out that Carmela can't touch Tony due to people being afraid to look into his finances and get on his bad side. Which frankly is something she should have known all along, yet was in denial about it for some reason I can't figure out.

- This appointment with Tony is a great one. One of the only times Tony drops his facade and gets real in one of these. But not before unleashing a real racist tirade and having a panic attack. He can't tell Tony B that he had a fight with his moms, fainted, and that's why Tony B went to jail alone and not him. "Sometimes what happens in here is like taking a shit" GOAT comment.

- Carmela's reaction to seeing Tony floating in the pool was the definition of a picture being worth a thousand words. Then at the same time Carmela finds out that Meadow's engaged and begins to cry. Whether that's at the sight of Tony or the news, or a combination of both and how much is totally up to you to decide. Great end scene.

Videos: