Author Topic: Strikeforce: Shields vs. Lawler; June 6th  (Read 4748 times)

Description:

Online AA484

• CXF Writer
Strikeforce: Shields vs. Lawler; June 6th
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2009, 04:07:56 AM »
Gomi/Diaz - NC... never happened.

Ok, now I gotcha  ;)

And I don't think you have to have beaten someone in the top 5 of your weight class to be in the top five.  If that were the case, than the fighter you had just beat could possibly then fall out of the top five, thus taking away the fact that you just beat a top five fighter.  It just gets confusing, and I think it's best to look at how they have performed against quality competition, and Shields has faced quality competition, and he has succeeded against quality competition.

Offline EHME

• I'm trying to win coach. I ain't trying to disrespect nobody, but winning is the only thing I respect.
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2009, 04:40:53 AM »
His win over Okami is some straight up bullshit, and the guy is too one-dimensional to be a top five guy. If he went to the UFC, he would get beat up pretty badly by a number of guys.

Dean Lister does really well at ADCC too.

The Okami win was not bullshuit. It was a close bout and I thought Shields edged it out.

Also if you can't tell the difference between Shields and Lister, you're ignorant.

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2009, 05:24:40 AM »
My top 5 goes:

GSP
Alves
Fitch
Kos
Kampmann

I don't think Shields has beaten anyone of that caliber.  I think the only one there he'd not be completely destroyed by is Kampmann and I'd still give Kampmann the edge.
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

Online AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2009, 05:54:21 AM »
My top 5 goes:

GSP
Alves
Fitch
Kos
Kampmann

I don't think Shields has beaten anyone of that caliber.  I think the only one there he'd not be completely destroyed by is Kampmann and I'd still give Kampmann the edge.

How can you have Kampmann at number 5?  He hasn't even beaten any top 5 fighters...

Offline EHME

• I'm trying to win coach. I ain't trying to disrespect nobody, but winning is the only thing I respect.
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2009, 06:33:56 AM »
Yeah thats stupidity. He beat Condit which is his best win at 170lbs, but guess what? So did Shields

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2009, 06:53:14 AM »
Kampman who's new to the weight and Kos who just got knocked out cold in his last fight?

Offline EHME

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2009, 07:00:11 AM »
VF sippin that haterade. Shields fuck your moms or something?

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2009, 07:08:18 AM »
Just saw this on the DVR.  Holy fuck did Rogers bring it.  I became a fan of his for calling out Kimbo Slice after the first CBS show, and now he's shown he's got what it takes to knock out an elite fighter.  Even if said elite fighter has a chin that makes broken glass look like steel.

Online AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2009, 01:34:52 PM »
I like Rogers' attitude and love for the sport but Overeem would wreck him pretty badly, at least IMO.

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2009, 01:43:13 PM »
Kampman who's new to the weight and Kos who just got knocked out cold in his last fight?

Kos got a fluke loss and an early stoppage.  He could have recovered.  And Kampmann impresses me a lot more than Shields. 

Ratings are subjective.  Just because I don't agree with yours don't mean I'm wrong.  In my opinion Jake Shields isn't top 5.  If you really want to argue his win last night should do nothing for his welterweight rankings since he was fighting at a catch weight.
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

Offline EHME

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2009, 02:22:05 PM »
You're right, his fight last night doesnt effective his WW ranking. I feel too see how Kampmann ranks above Shields with only two fights, and one of them against someone he should've destroyed and Carlos Condit, who is a great fighter, but someone who Shields beat as well. Shields has more victories over better competition in the weight class. You're just being a blind hater.