Author Topic: AEW Week 4: Pac finally gets his hands on the psychotic Jon Moxley.  (Read 1338 times)

Description: I was wondering when that was gonna happen!

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
Re: AEW Week 4: Pac finally gets his hands on the psychotic Jon Moxley.
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2019, 09:27:56 AM »
Dark Order is fucking awesome. Gimps are a draw.

Jimmy Havoc has had more promo time than Mox. That's ridiculous. They NEED to start letting people sink or swim on the mic, even if it's just pretaped. There's no excuse. They pace the show perfectly, but they can also cut some matches down in favor of at least "here's Darby Allin and his amazing story!" vignettes. To build a foundation off of no scripted promos, you need to actually have them.

And Dark Order is fucking awesome.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline geniusMoment

• Trailer Park Supervisor
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2019, 10:28:27 AM »
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/10/randy-orton-once-again-seemingly-teases-leaving-wwe-661251/

I'm assuming he's just using AEW to get more money and less dates out of WWE.  But, it is brilliant. 
Randy!

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2019, 01:05:57 PM »
Jack Swagger just got a new finishing move.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2859286-jake-hager-vs-anthony-garrett-ruled-no-contest-after-groin-shot-at-bellator-231

Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Avid Enthusiast of Warehouses

• Laz
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2019, 01:28:53 PM »
He should 100% run with that.

Offline geniusMoment

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2019, 04:09:59 PM »
https://www.si.com/wrestling/2019/09/03/marty-scurll-matt-taven-roh-contract-update

I wonder if Marty makes a surprise appearance at Full Gear?  If his contract is up in November it's crazy how little talk there has been about it.

Of course him making a surprise appearance in NXT would be a blow to AEW for sure.  It will be interesting to see if WWE makes him an offer he can't refuse.
Randy!

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2019, 05:28:16 PM »
It's funny because I think that nxt is smart to lean into their women's division a bit knowing that (a) women's wrestling is hot rn and (b) AEW can't even get near them when it comes to that. I'd say AEW's counter should be promos, which is where they smash nxt because they script promos there and just AEW has such great talkers including Jericho who has to be in the discussion for all-time best promo guy. But they haven't and so that isn't setting them apart from WWE as a whole. If they do start inserting promos and packages a little more, then at least we finally have a major company that will listen to the fans.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2019, 05:08:11 AM »
It's funny because I think that nxt is smart to lean into their women's division a bit knowing that (a) women's wrestling is hot rn and (b) AEW can't even get near them when it comes to that. I'd say AEW's counter should be promos, which is where they smash nxt because they script promos there and just AEW has such great talkers including Jericho who has to be in the discussion for all-time best promo guy. But they haven't and so that isn't setting them apart from WWE as a whole. If they do start inserting promos and packages a little more, then at least we finally have a major company that will listen to the fans.

You know what, now that you put it like that, I think it summarizes a big component of why I've preferred NXT to AEW, to date. First of all, my disdain for promos and vignettes has been reasonably well known (and occasionally mocked) on this board for a while, so I'm not getting any mileage out of what AEW supposedly smashes NXT at, because I'm just fast-forwarding through all of that stuff. And, second of all... really, ever since SHIMMER burst onto the scene, my personal bias has been to consider a wrestling promotion to be only as good as the strength of its women's division, and NXT, as you pointed out, has that all over AEW.

Also, I agree with tek about the "MOVEZ~!" style they tend to have, particularly in some of the tag matches I've seen; don't get me wrong, I did find myself saying "God Damn!" out loud, for a few of the spots in the Private Party/Lucha Bros match, but I generally found myself thinking, "Man, these n****s doing too much!"

Offline geniusMoment

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2019, 12:58:52 PM »
I take back everything I've said on promos.   Ouch, we need the territories back to teach guys how to talk:

Randy!

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2019, 01:39:52 PM »
Finally saw last week's show and goddamn, the Inner Circle/Cody's Army segment was awesome. That's exactly the kind of heated brawl I've missed in wrestling. The wrestling was pretty good too. Seriously, us wrestling fans have it great now in 2019.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2019, 03:07:31 AM »
AEW Dynamite is gonna have a New Year's Day show from Daily's Place in Jacksonville (where they held Fight For The Fallen).

Fingers crossed that we'll get a segment involving Gardiner Minshew!

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2019, 08:10:51 AM »
Wow. I randomly asked for New Year’s Day off just because I had some spare PTO. Lucky timing!

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2019, 03:57:39 AM »
Oh shit. What if Dynamite opens up with a three way showdown between Jay & Silent Bob, Rick & Morty, and Nick & Matt Jackson tomorrow!?

Offline Avid Enthusiast of Warehouses

• Laz
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2019, 05:38:09 AM »
ALL THE RATINGS, THAT'S WHAT

Offline Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2019, 11:00:46 AM »
Starting to get pumped for the show tomorrow in Charleston. I haven’t  been to a TV show since Nitro was in Charleston back in 2000. I’ve been to a PPV (actually a WrestleMania) since then, but this being so new has me excited.
Oh Dandy...you came and you gave without taking!

Offline Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2019, 09:10:45 AM »
Because my buddy is connected in the wrestling industry, I have some info for tonight:

Spoiler: show
There will be a fight near the vehicles and one wrestler will have his arm smashed in a door of a limo. The guy doing the smashing will then jump in a black suburban driven by the limo driver we know for the getaway.  We have no idea who but I am guessing Cody and Jericho or one of the Inner Circle.

Also, we are going to hang out briefly with Chuck Taylor after the show. Possibly with Ricky and Robert of the RnR Express.

Offline Dave Meltzer

• New Poster Who Should Be Posting
  • New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2019, 09:24:00 AM »
Marq kicking out of the Penta Driver? Who the hell does he think he is, Marko Stunt?

Nah, he's not THAT good.  He's merely Rey Mysterio-level.

Offline Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2019, 09:29:35 AM »
I know who it is, now:

Spoiler: show
Dustin gets his arm shut in the door.