Author Topic: Smackdown Spoilers for May 29th  (Read 1185 times)

Description:

Offline I Know You Like Sugar

• King Cucaracha
Smackdown Spoilers for May 29th
« on: May 27, 2009, 12:03:40 AM »
Dark Match:

* Sheamus b. Jimmy Wang Yang
- Sheamus got the win via pinfall.

WWE Friday Night SmackDown: Airing This Friday

*Mickey Rourke is at ringside.

*Rey Mysterio came out talking about Extreme Rules. Chris Jericho came out and noting Rourke was at ringside, called him out. Rey and Jericho began to brawl but when Rey set him up for the 619, Jericho bailed.

*R-Truth & Great Khali defeated Dolph Ziggler & Mike Knox when Khali pinned Knox with a powerbomb. Khali and Truth danced in the ring.

*WWE Women's champ Melina pinned Alicia Fox.

*John Morrison was being interviewed backstage and is interrupted by Shelton Benjamin.

*Jeff Hardy cut a promo promising to win the WWE title at Extreme Rules.

*John Morrison defeated Umaga via DQ when he was hit with the Samoan Strap. Morrison was tied to the corner with the strap. CM Punk hit the ring and nailed Umaga with the briefcase.

*Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas defeated Cryme Tyme.

*Eve defeated Layla.

*There was a backstage bit where Chris Jericho implied he wasn't going to tag Edge tonight during their tag match.

*Rey Mysterio & Jeff Hardy vs. WWE champ Edge & Chris Jericho. Jericho didn't come out, then hit the ring from the crowd while dressed as a fan and laid out Mysterio. With Mysterio unable to compete, Hardy declared he'd take them both on in a handicap match.

Edge pinned Hardy. Edge got a ladder out and put it over Hardy, then climbed atop of it.

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 03:16:03 AM »
More than anything else, it's good to see WGTT is officially back together, and winning matches.  I hope they still click as well as they did in 2003. 

• King Cucaracha
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 03:58:45 AM »
So, who the hell is the handicap match mark on the booking committee?

Offline Chris G

• Silence
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 05:05:35 AM »
The sad part is there was a handicap match on ECW this week too.

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 11:21:55 PM »
Khali and R-Truth dancing were great.

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 12:14:12 AM »
LOL.

In the main event, just after Jerichos music stops, you can clearly see a fan shout 'What happened Edge?'

And what a great dick move by Jericho.

• King Cucaracha
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 06:12:31 AM »
Put the straps on Khali and Truth and do it now, WWE.

Offline foleyfanforever88

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 06:35:34 AM »

Yeah..no. You don't put the tag titles on a make-shift team (especially one involving Khali) when you have The Colons, Cryme Tyme, Legacy and WGTT available.

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 06:42:05 AM »
WGTT should never have the titles, once Benjamin and Morrison have finished up I don't see WGTT staying together. Because of this, Cryme Tyme would therefore not need the titles as they'd not have anybody to fued with on SmackDown!. Legacy right now don't need the titles but may do soon, and the Colons are doing okay as placeholder champs until a decent team comes along.

• King Cucaracha
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 06:47:06 AM »
Haas is such deadweight, it's hilarious. Just watch their entrances. "Charlie Haas AND THE GOLD STANDARD SHELTON BENJAMIN!"

None of the other teams have the greatness of a giant un-co-ordinated Punjabi Playboy busting moves and garbling "WHASSUP".

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 06:53:02 AM »

Yeah..no. You don't put the tag titles on a make-shift team (especially one involving Khali) when you have The Colons, Cryme Tyme, Legacy and WGTT available.

I am not a fan of make-shift teams either but this is just a fact of life in WWE. It's clear they have no interest in developing cohesive long-term tag teams that would bolster the division. The tag titles are essentially there to sate two singles guys they want to push and put titles on them.. but nothing as committed as an actual singles title. Anytime a "real" team gets the belts (ie: the Colons) it's only a matter of time before the next version of RVD & Kane or Austin & Dude Love get the belts.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Chris G

• Silence
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 07:01:47 AM »
Not to mention John Cena & Shawn Michaels, two months before WM 23.

• King Cucaracha
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 07:16:14 AM »
Boy, Shad needs something better for his "money, money" elbow than a regular ol' elbowdrop. The crowd react for the catchphrase and after that it's like "that was it?"

JR and Grisham make a really good team. "Reaching for those stars, every day" indeed.

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 07:19:28 AM »
I'm glad you mentioned that KC, watching earlier and I remember thinking that was the worst i've seen the crowd react for that. Usually, they're loud for it.