Author Topic: Sony Repartee v2  (Read 49260 times)

Description:

Offline AnonymousBroccoli

Re: Sony Repartee v2
« Reply #950 on: February 28, 2018, 06:13:49 AM »
Bloodborne is a PS Plus game for March.  Giggity.

The Ratchet & Clank PS4 remake too.

Also, starting in March 2019, they'll only be releasing two PS4 games per month for PS+—no more PS3 and Vita.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/28/ps-plus-games-for-march-additional-service-changes/

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #951 on: February 28, 2018, 10:13:07 AM »
Seems pointless since 75% of the time, it's pretentious indie garbage.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #952 on: March 01, 2018, 06:06:39 AM »
On PS4? That's just untrue. The last few months we've had Deus Ex, Darksiders 2, Amensia Collection, Infamous Second Son, etc.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #953 on: March 01, 2018, 06:32:16 AM »
yeah the price increase seems to have helped the game quality.

Offline Avid TOXIE Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #954 on: March 03, 2018, 01:56:01 AM »
Even beyond that, I'd rather pretentious indie garbage than your typical modern loot box AAA title that's just a re-skin. Hell, two of my favorites (Rocket League and Killing Floor 2) were PS+ freebies when I got them.

Maybe the real deep state was the friends we made along the way.

Offline AnonymousBroccoli

« Reply #955 on: March 28, 2018, 02:59:49 AM »
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/03/28/playstation-plus-free-games-for-april/
  • Max Max, PS4
  • TrackMania Turbo, PS4
  • In Space we Brawl, PS3
  • Toy Home, PS3
  • 99 Vidas, PS Vita
  • Q*Bert Rebooted, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS3 and PS4)

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #956 on: April 03, 2018, 06:08:08 AM »
Man, TrackMania has a LOT more people on PS4 than XBox.  There are multiple pages of servers with 50+ people playing where there were maybe three servers total on XBox with like 10 players in each.

Mad Max is a perfect game for this service because it's fun to play, but only if you pay $20 or less for it because it's pretty mindless.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #957 on: April 03, 2018, 08:54:20 AM »
On PS4? That's just untrue. The last few months we've had Deus Ex, Darksiders 2, Amensia Collection, Infamous Second Son, etc.

You know I've been saying this too. I think it's because it had a ton of indy stuff (of which I am not a fan) for a while that we just assume that's what it is. But now I'm looking back at all my PS Plus free games I've downloaded over the past few months and I have to say you're right, there's some good stuff. Disregard my comments in the Microsoft thread.

I think the reason I don't like indy games is because I'm at the point where I really only play games for story and not really the gameplay mechanics. So "beat your high score" games really don't do it for me and platformers don't either. I feel like that's what a ton of indy games are. I'm probably wrong again and happy to be told I'm wrong with examples though.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #958 on: April 04, 2018, 01:46:03 AM »
You're definitely wrong. Indie games aren't a genre. It refers to a studios size/capacity, and most importantly whether or not they have funding from a publisher.

PUBG, Divinity: Original Sin 2, Torment, Wasteland 2, 2064: ROM, The Witness, Darkest Dungeon, Hellblade, Stardew Valley, Journey, etc. All indie games.

Even No Man's Sky is technically an indie game, despite having Sony marketing money behind them for their launch.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #959 on: April 04, 2018, 02:17:40 AM »
Also Cuphead.  And hell, fucking Minecraft was an indie game until Microsoft bought them.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #960 on: April 04, 2018, 03:55:38 AM »
I've literally heard of none of those games except for No Man's Sky.

I guess I'll just be a trend-following basic AAA gamer from now on. Nothing wrong with that, just play what you like right? Nobody here is a crazed video game snob that hates casual gamers. Right? Right? *gets locked away for being a casual gamer*

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #961 on: April 04, 2018, 04:41:27 AM »

I guess I'll just be a trend-following basic AAA gamer from now on. Nothing wrong with that, just play what you like right? Nobody here is a crazed video game snob that hates casual gamers. Right? Right? *gets locked away for being a casual gamer*
Who said any of that stuff about trend-following or being basic? And why are we suddenly video game snobs? Because we know what indie games are? I literally gave you what you asked for - "I'm probably wrong again and happy to be told I'm wrong with examples though" - politely and cordially and you come back with your usual Dama-nonsense. This is why people feel like they can't have, or don't want to have, a conversation with you.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #962 on: April 04, 2018, 07:06:02 AM »

I've heard of a couple of them (Divinity and Wasteland) and I'm pretty casual gaming wise. Also Indy gaming is starting to become more like Indy wrestling in that if you dig a little deeper, you'll find a lot of very varied good to great games and big news on some of the games mentioned above by Dubq. Just because you haven't heard of a game doesn't make it a snob type knowledge thing. If anything, stuff like that (for me personally far more movies), is great because it makes me want to dig a little into the games I don't know.

Closest equivalent I'd call it would be you being dismissive of Indy wrestling based on watching some local Oklahoma Indy that only focuses on WWE style characters with little in-ring action while saying you've never heard of PGW or SHIMMER or APW.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #963 on: April 04, 2018, 07:07:52 AM »

Who said any of that stuff about trend-following or being basic? And why are we suddenly video game snobs? Because we know what indie games are? I literally gave you what you asked for - "I'm probably wrong again and happy to be told I'm wrong with examples though" - politely and cordially and you come back with your usual Dama-nonsense. This is why people feel like they can't have, or don't want to have, a conversation with you.

Absolutely everything I said was not directed at you guys and was just a (apparently bad) joke directed at people I see in youtube videos, facebook comments, etc. that hate AAA titles and are almost hispterish about their video gaming. Or competitive gamers that think playing a game for story or fun is wrong.

Offline Avid TOXIE Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #964 on: April 04, 2018, 07:44:50 AM »
I think it's that more popular indie titles are generally more player-centric than your average AAA title. I mean, COD WWII is garbage, but only a handful of improvements have been made since release. Comparatively, Rocket League routinely makes improvements that the playerbase wants (or at least approves of), and it's been that way since before it was the huge eSport it's become.

Maybe the real deep state was the friends we made along the way.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #965 on: August 29, 2018, 11:18:47 AM »
September's PS+ games are Destiny 2 (they must really want to boost their base for the new expansion coming out) and God of War III Remastered, which is awesome because I've wanted to play it but just never got around to actually buying it.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #966 on: August 29, 2018, 10:54:48 PM »
September's PS+ games are Destiny 2 (they must really want to boost their base for the new expansion coming out) and God of War III Remastered, which is awesome because I've wanted to play it but just never got around to actually buying it.

Looks like they dropped Destiny 2 early as well, can grab it now

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #967 on: September 26, 2018, 07:49:04 AM »
Massive policy change from Sony wrt cross platform play. Working on beta for Fortnite and more third party support to follow. This is pretty huge given how stubborn they've been on this.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/26/extended-fortnite-cross-play-beta-launches-on-ps4-starting-today/

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #968 on: October 05, 2018, 12:51:19 AM »

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #969 on: October 10, 2018, 03:28:14 AM »
Its official. Starts early next year, first one is free and additional are 9.9o or 4.99 for plus members. Now if only they'd get rid of their stupid policy where email addresses cant be too similar to your user name.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #970 on: October 12, 2018, 11:11:16 AM »
Keep your eyes on your e-mail because for Plus members they are sending out codes for three free months of Netflix that are redeemable even if you are already a Netflix member.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #971 on: October 22, 2018, 06:24:04 AM »

Offline Two-Time Hall of Famer

• Kreese
« Reply #972 on: October 22, 2018, 08:47:18 AM »
Hope Tomcat Alley gets the remaster its so richly deserves in a couple of years.

FAKE EDIT: I just realized there's a Sega CD FMV curse - Dana Plato, Corey Haim, Michael Hutchence, one of the C's in C&C Music Factory, that guy from Kris Kross all died early. At least Scottie Pippen is still kickin'.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #973 on: December 08, 2018, 11:45:32 AM »
Monthly Playstaion Plus free games will no longer include PS3 or PS Vista games. What a jip.

DTF

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #974 on: December 08, 2018, 01:27:48 PM »
PS3 ended its life cycle years ago and they aren't even making Vita's anymore.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #975 on: December 08, 2018, 01:44:03 PM »
I still play a lot of older games on the PS3 that haven’t come over to the PS4 yet, so getting a free game every month wasn’t the worst thing in the world.

DTF

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #976 on: April 15, 2019, 01:09:36 PM »
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!