Author Topic: NFL Week 14: NFC LEast Champion Going Under .500? NFC LEast Champion Under .500.  (Read 627 times)

Description: We totally forgot to make this thread.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff

Here's what we've got on the table, with already Dallas proving that the East is really least.

Also, boy is that Giants game going to be fun on Monday. Eli's back (Danny Dimes still can't use his ankle) and likely going to go under .500 himself. Though, they are playing someone from the NFC east, so they'll probably win even though they really shouldn't.

Online Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
I feel like Eagles SHOULD get to 8-8 with two more games against The Giants and a game against Washington but they also lost to the Dolphins so I don't fuggin know.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
The Lions have been fined for not being forthright about Matthew Stafford's injury. As someone who's been relying on him in the CXF Fantasy League, I'm okay with this. They've been bullshitting about Stafford's back for weeks.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
A lot of big games for the upper playoff picture (Baltimore/Buffalo, NE/KC, SF/NO, and Seattle/Rams) but a lot of the middle games could decide whether a team has a chance or not.

Offline fazzle

Looking a lot like Rookie Josh out there with all these ridiculous overthrows.

Offline Gert

It's going to be a real slog to the finish hoping the Bengals can get the #1 pick with Cleveland 2x and @Miami...

Offline Saints_Fan_H

SF/NO game has had ONE punt, per team, so far.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
The Chiefs somehow forgot to unload half the team's gear and it ended up in Newark before anyone noticed.  Oops.

Offline Broward

• THUGBUTT CHEATERS
Houston is traaaaaash

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
What a flop by the Buffalo receiver to draw a flag.  The NFL has become soccer.

Offline fazzle

Josh was running for his life the entire game.   Offensive line was garbage today.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

Today I learned Pass Interference cannot be called on a fake punt/pass play. As a result, the defender can bear hug the gunner and shove him out of bounds and not be called for anything. Not even holding.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

Bitterly disappointing game. The refs pretty much handed them at least a tie. However if Bikks man bps is correct it sounds like a Raiders loss in the next two weeks makes next Sunday night a win and in and that’s a hell of a thing.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
Easily the worst New England offense in a long ass time.  My goodness.  And now the defense has decided to give up big plays.  Bad time to start doing that.

Offline Cartman

I was looking over the Patriots draft classes over the past 5-6 years the other day, and it's pretty jarring how poorly they have drafted. I think it's finally catching up to them. Michel is worthless, as he can't make anyone miss and only relied on the OL making big gaps for him to run through last year. Harry has brought nothing to the table, although he was injured most of the season which was a huge setback. They were better off when they spend those 1st-2nd round picks on OL and DL.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
If the Pats had played any other NFC division they would be in a wild card spot.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
Must be nice to still have a playmaker at TE......

• Admin
Brady hit the old guy wall and their defense started playing good teams. The Pats dynasty is over for real now.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
Can the chiefs actually win this game before we declare the pats over? I’ve seen this too many times

• Admin
Fire Paul Guenther please. We have a good offense and this defense just gets pissed on and shit on every week.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
Patriots are about to come back and win. Same shit

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
Watching the Steelers is like a Madden franchise mode ten years in the future. Who the fuck is anyone?

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
What a clown show in stripes.  Jerome Bogar shouldn't ref another game after this.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

Watching the Steelers is like a Madden franchise mode ten years in the future. Who the fuck is anyone?

And yet somehow these bozos are in a wildcard spot. God help me if Devlin fucking Hodges endangers the Bills playoff chances.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
Terrible red zone offense strikes again (that's where Gronk is really missed).  Brady only has two weapons and its gonna kill them.  Why they released Gordon when the pool was that shallow I'll never know.

• Admin
They blocked a punt to make it close but...

Tom Brady   19/36   169   4.7   1 TD   1 INT   

Washed? Yep. Washed.

Offline Cartman

lol, I like you, you're funny.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
I don't think Brady is "washed" per se but he's really missing that guy who could stretch the seam downfield. Edelman is the outside guy and Sanu has put up some solid performances but Brady has no weapons really. Teams are basically focusing on Edelman/White (Michel is a black hole as a receiver thus far at RB, the TEs don't have Brady's trust at all, and the OL has been piss poor at pass blocking) while daring Brady to beat them with a concussed Dorsett, an undrafted rookie in Jakobi Meyers, and a rookie who's literally played like 3 games in N'Keal Harry.

Since the OL can't block and the FB is a dumpster fire after Develin's injury, defenses have learned they can just pin their ears back and get after Brady. This team cannot run the ball consistently and has had to rely on freaking TRICK PLAYS just to score points offensively.

This may be the worst Patriots offense I've seen since Brady was named starting QB. Since the Browns win, the Patriots have put up: 20, 17, 13, 22, and 16 points against the teeth of their schedule and have gone 2-3 as a result.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
Honest question, what sense did it make cutting ties with Josh Gordon for the Patriots?

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
Honest question, what sense did it make cutting ties with Josh Gordon for the Patriots?

At the time, Gordon had a knee injury and the Patriots already had several players who would be coming back including most notably Isaiah Wynn off IR, who was their planned LT at the start of the year before they had to turn to the human turnstile known as Marshall Newhouse. They also had N'Keal Harry who was getting ready to make his debut and the Patriots had immediately acquired WR Mohamed Sanu as a result.

The more curious moves IMO are ones like not keeping Jacob Hollister at TE (dealt in April for a 7th Round pick and was a guy who'd flashed a lot in pre-season in 2018) and instead opting for a rag-tag group including Ryan Izzo, Matt LaCosse, and an ancient Ben Watson. The two former have been used more as in-line blockers to try and supplement the struggling running game.

Injuries continue to effect the team too literally week in/week out as Ted Karras, their starting Center went down. James Ferentz, son of Iowa HC Brian, has been starting at Center their past 2 games.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
I refuse to say the Patriots are done. Even during that game yesterday I was getting that "here we go again" tingle when the bounces started going their way. They're the one team in the NFL that I don't believe is done until they've essentially been burned into ashes and spread across the seven seas. Even then, maaaaaaybe they're done. I can't help but feel like they're a team doomed to four or five decades of shit seasons once this run is over. Imagine a world where the Patriots are the Lions, because it's coming.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
Yikes that sounds bad. :( I mean, I'm not a Pats hater or lover, but that's still not good to for the employee to say "can I just have this deleted and we forget about this". Also if this is a Do Your Job thing, that's also hilarious, because that shouldn't be the job. Though I do find it funny that the Bengals supposedly gave permission for the concept. So I guess the thing is real.

Edit: Also fuck me, I'm looking at the NYG and PHI score and see it is 17 to 3 for NYG. Dammit Philly, don't let Eli get over .500. I wanted him under it for when he got  inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Double Edit: Oh God, I see that the Darius Slayton has 154 of Eli's 179 passing yards. How can they not cover Darius Slayton? Geezus.

• Admin
If you don't have Slayton on your keeper league team, welp good thing I do because this is his third 100 yard game as a rookie on a team with two QB's who can't throw consistently.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
Okay, I didn't know that. Dude's a huge get for the Giants then, because if he's getting those yards with either QB that plays like that, yikes if he gets one with some consistency.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
Some running back injuries this week:

Torn ACL for Rashaad Penny who had been rushing well recently.

Derrius Guice has a sprained MCL in his left knee. Add that to the slew of knee issues he's had so far in his career. Torn ACL in left knee. Torn meniscus in his right knee in the opener this year. Like Penny he also looked decent in recent weeks.