Author Topic: Stupid Bullshit - Any and all Discussion of Hinder, Nickelback, etc goes here  (Read 12448 times)

Description:

Offline Love Harnesser Kamala

• CXF Writer
Re: Stupid Bullshit - Any and all Discussion of Hinder, Nickelback, etc goes here
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2014, 08:59:36 AM »
Guys, Mark Tremonti did an interview a week or two ago when this story brok, where he talked about how he's been trying to help Scott Stapp but Scott wouldn't return his calls.

Jesus Christ, don't any of you read Blabbermouth.net!?  >:(

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
Re: Stupid Bullshit - Any and all Discussion of Hinder, Nickelback, etc goes here
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2014, 09:58:01 AM »
No, sorry. 

:-[

Offline YEAAAAAH, WE DID IT AGAIN!

• NEVERMORE YOUR WHIPPING BOY!
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary

yes i am a "HO"

Honorable

• CXF Writer
Hinder's already replaced their new lead singer after two months.

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
The incredible story of Still Well Angel.

This has been going on since November. It is one of the greatest examples of a band that doesn't understand how horrible they are while also being a prime example of justified, good ol' fashioned trolling.

Please enjoy.

Offline Epic for the Summer

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/21/scott-weiland-art-of-anarchy_n_6519518.html

In an effort to maintain relevancy, Scott Weiland formed a new band with Bumblefoot and the bassist from Disturbed. First album drops in Spring.

Offline Nymyzys

Disturbed's bassist really gets around. He's also in Adrenaline Mob.

• CXF Writer
  • Gary
Puddle of Mudd deleted their Facebook page after a shitty live show and lip synching. Also, did you know that Wes Scantlin has been arrested for cocaine possession and domestic abuse. Oh, that this band is performing at this year's Gathering of the Juggaloes? Now you know.

yes i am a "HO"

Honorable

Offline Nymyzys

Puddle of Mudd deleted their Facebook page after a shitty live show and lip synching. Also, did you know that Wes Scantlin has been arrested for cocaine possession and domestic abuse. Oh, that this band is performing at this year's Gathering of the Juggaloes? Now you know.

Domestic abuse?  Even after the message they tried to get across in the Blurry video?  Damn.

SHE FUCKIN' HATES ME! LUH-LUH-LUH-LOVE!

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
The GOTJ is pretty much the new Ozzfest. A festival a lot of bands think is beneath them but play them anyway for the big paydays.

• CXF Writer
  • Gary

yes i am a "HO"

Honorable

• CXF Writer
  • Gary
The GOTJ is pretty much the new Ozzfest. A festival a lot of bands think is beneath them but play them anyway for the big paydays.
The GOTJ is weird-it gets bands that would seem fitting if Ozzfest were still around (In This Moment and Emmure aka even fans of Oceano and Chelsea Grin think we suck) as well as bands that Ozzfest would reject if it were still around (Puddle of Mudd). That and a whole lot of Horrorcore rappers, some rappers who were big in the 90's/00's and guys that you are shocked would even show up (This year's being Wacka Flocka Flames, Machine Gun Kelly and Flostradamus, whose like a a decent sized EDM DJ/producer)

yes i am a "HO"

Honorable

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine

http://loudwire.com/puddle-of-mudd-wes-scantlin-arrested-dwi-minnesota/

And Scantlin just got busted again for DUI! If he keeps this up then he's just gonna drift and die.

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
I just got an e-mail telling me that Scott Stapp is performing here in January. These are his first on-stage appearances since his meltdown last year. Who expects me to pay $30 to see him?

• Laz
I do because you're a glutton for fucking punishment.

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2015, 02:56:59 PM »
Ok, I gotta admit, this was pretty funny. Scott Stapp poking fun at himself.

• CXF Writer
« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2015, 02:02:18 PM »
Local alt rock station just announced that Breaking Benjamin is going to be doing an acoustic show in Portland in February. An unplugged version of MY POLYAMOROUS FRAAANNND!? Sign me up!

My favorite Breaking Benjamin memory is when I saw Weezer (with a then virtually unknown, The Fray, as opening act) at La Colisee in Lewiston in '05, one of the security guards was bitching about how he had to miss the concert with Three Doors Down and "The Broken Benjamins" in Portland that same night.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2015, 05:27:41 PM »
This made me laugh:

lead singer of Nickelback tried out for a Christmas play, but didn't make it.

He never made it as a wise man.

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2015, 10:19:21 AM »
Local alt rock station just announced that Breaking Benjamin is going to be doing an acoustic show in Portland in February. An unplugged version of MY POLYAMOROUS FRAAANNND!? Sign me up!

Breaking Benjamin does a really good acoustic show.  You'll enjoy it if you go.

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
There was period in Vanilla Ice's career where he tried be Cypress Hill?  ???

Ice rocking dreads and rapping about tokin' up is both sad and hilarious at the same time.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
That was before he got into nu-metal.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

• Laz
The '90s were a weird time.

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #122 on: February 02, 2016, 02:58:03 PM »
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video-puddle-of-mudd-frontman-accuses-audience-member-of-stealing-his-house-walks-off-stage/

Wes Scantlin stopped a Puddle of Mudd show to accuse a fan in the crowd of stealing his house. Did you also know he was arrested last month for trespassing and vandalism? Now you do!

• CXF Writer
« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2016, 01:41:56 AM »
I'm genuinely baffled as to why Puddle of Mudd still gets work. This is like the 4th or 5th time Wes Scantlin's flipped the fuck out and left the stage and the venue had to refund everybody.

You think even the dumbest rock promoters would be like "Huh. Maybe not worth it." But I guess the dumbest rock promoters are pretty fucking dumb.

• Laz
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2016, 03:51:58 AM »
The kind of person who would even listen to Puddle of Mudd isn't likely to be particularly bright.

• CXF Writer
« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2016, 09:29:06 AM »
Puddle of Mudd & Buckcherry are up there for bands with the dumbest songs. At least, Nickelback sometimes shows some vague awareness of irony.

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2016, 11:19:20 AM »
I still maintain that Buckcherry's "For The Movies" is a great song. Way better than 90% of the lunacy posted in this thread.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2016, 11:25:45 AM »
Puddle of Mudd opened for  Korn years ago and there was some kid, probably around 15, sitting a few rows up from me who knew every word to every song they (Mudd) played. I kind of felt bad for him.

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2016, 11:27:01 AM »
If that was the MSG show from 2002 then a 16 year old Reine was in attendance in the cheap seats going crazy for Korn's cover of Metallica's "One".

• CXF Writer
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2016, 12:03:28 PM »
13 year old King Kamala was pissed that Mama Kamala wouldn't let him go see KoRn with opening acts Disturbed and Trust Company on that same tour in '02!

In retrospect, I should be relieved I was too young to see any numetal concerts. I did go to a Taste of Chaos tour show with an off prime Deftones headlining in '06 but most of the bill was terrible scream.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2016, 12:08:36 PM »
If that was the MSG show from 2002 then a 16 year old Reine was in attendance in the cheap seats going crazy for Korn's cover of Metallica's "One".

That was the one, and I loved hearing that live. When they were announced for the Metallica tribute show I knew exactly what they were doing because of that show.

My first concert ever was seeing Korn at Roseland Ballroom in 1996. My mom is an over protective Jewish mother and had to go with me. That was an interesting site, having her go to a Korn show (with rap group The Pharcyde opening). She likes a lot of newer music, at least at the time, so she didn't mind Korn that much. We also went to The Offspring later that year and Family Values. We both ended up getting a contact high at that show.

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2016, 04:36:42 AM »
I still maintain that Buckcherry's "For The Movies" is a great song. Way better than 90% of the lunacy posted in this thread.

"For the Movies" is fucking awesome.

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
Can we just have a Puddle of Mudd thread?

Wes Scantlin breaks down onstage again but this time, his bandmates abandon him.

http://uproxx.com/music/puddle-of-mudd-singer-meltdown/

Offline Nymyzys

Even the rest of POM can only handle so much of his shit. 

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2017, 03:29:39 AM »
So, Nickelback released a new song called "Feed the Machine", that is actually getting an overwhelmingly positive response.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2017, 06:17:28 AM »
Not a bad hard rock song but I kept waiting for a catchy hook since the 'chorus' of the song wasn't doing it for me and the hook never really came. Just a straight ahead rock song although Kroeger's vocals still annoy me.

Even the guitar riff that the song was clearly built around just lacked that necessary catchiness to my ears. Felt like something a Disturbed would throw out around 1999/2000.

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/chad-kroeger-calls-stone-sour-nickelback-lite-challenges-corey-taylor-to-write-a-hit-song.html

Chad Kroger calls out Corey Taylor and calls Stone Sour "Nickelback Lite". I can't think of a less interesting musical feud.

• Laz
In the faux-bravado filled world of mallcore, them's fighting words. Showdown at Mall of America's FYE. $65 a ticket. No re-entry.

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine

Offline Nymyzys

Corey's big comeback was you're ugly and I'm not! Ah, snap!

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/10/icp-fred-durst-dropkick/

Uh oh, Limp Bizkit and ICP have beef, ya'll.

Fred Durst almost got dropkicked by one half of ICP at a recent concert.

• Laz
The video of Shaggy botching the drop kick is even funnier when you remember Fred Durst no-sold it.