Author Topic: Gotham TV Series  (Read 10864 times)

Description:

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Re: Gotham TV Series
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2018, 12:45:13 PM »
Think everyone else gave up on this - and rightfully so.  The few positives moments don't outweigh the negative, though I don't think anything ever got quite as low as Fish Mooney.  Still a lot of bad though.

Show was in limbo but was renewed today for fifth and final season.  Think they are just letting everything play out though because it is not coming back until 2019 to run through to the end.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2018, 02:10:35 PM »
Yeah not sure why I hung on for so long but at least they aren't going to drag it out for much longer.

Online Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin!
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2018, 10:59:28 PM »
I'm not too surprised but I am glad FOX is at least giving the writers a chance to try and wrap this whole thing up. I've been keeping up with this off and on since it started. Some of the acting was pretty inspired (the guys who play Penguin and Riddler in particular for me) but the writing tended to vary wildly, at best, and the young Bruce Wayne turning into a sullen whiny teen made an arguably annoying character even more so.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2018, 11:10:41 PM »
With my schedule over the last year this is one of the shows that fell off my radar, I always liked it well enough but was never "must watch". I think with this type of show where you know what the end result is really gonna be you kinda have to go into it with a full game plan, "Ok we'll run X amount of seasons so we can lay out a road map to get where we need to go." otherwise to much is put into random crap to try and stretch it out as much as possible.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2018, 01:24:50 PM »
Shane West is going to play Bane's father.

Fifth and final season begins airing in March 2019
[img width=800

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2018, 07:23:50 AM »

#HoboCop

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2018, 07:30:12 AM »

#HoboCop

No regrets about abandoning this series after two episodes.

Online Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #157 on: January 03, 2019, 10:40:45 PM »
Final season aka No Man's Land premiered last night so if anybody wants to see this fiasco of a show run its course here's your opportunity.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2019, 01:38:33 AM »
I think I'm gonna wait until all of it is on Netflix and then just binge it over a couple weekends. I know it looks cheesy and dumb as fuck but I kinda just want to see how crazy it gets.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Online Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2019, 01:45:55 AM »
Ecco (aka Gotham's Harley Quinn without being Harley Quinn) returned in last night's episode in a fun moment as she and Selina had a confrontation. She even utilized the phrase, 'Puddin' at Selina during their fight (with Selina referencing Mad Love's line "Don't call me Puddin'"). It's pretty blatantly obvious that Jeremiah/Ecco is basically Gotham's answer to Joker/HQ without using their namesakes.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2019, 03:29:59 AM »
They can't use Joker or HQ?

Online Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2019, 03:58:32 AM »
They can't use Joker or HQ?

I think due to Warner Brothers(?) owning the movie rights, they can't use those specific names for the TV series (IIRC that was the same case for Superman in Season 1 of the Supergirl show). I don't know if the show can actually use the Harley Quinn name, probably not due to Suicide Squad tbh, but it's pretty obvious that Barbara Kean had elements of that character influence her portrayal and Ecco is the closest we'd get to an actual HQ on TV screen. I remember when Arrow teased an appearance of the "Suicide Squad" but couldn't show any of them outside of Deadshot.

FAKE EDIT: https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a857069/gotham-cameron-monaghan-jerome-jeremiah-the-joker-name-ban/

"Saturday (May 12), Cameron revealed the decision not to officially name either of his characters as the Joker came "from high-up" in order to "reserve" the name for the DCEU film series."

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2019, 01:09:39 PM »
Caught up today.

The scene with the Mutant Leader was kinda fun but a lot of other stuff just was kinda there to e.  There are always a few things that are cool though.  Like I dig the look of Scarecrow now.  Curious how they close everything out with the ramping up they are doing down this final stretch.
[img width=800