Author Topic: Gotham TV Series  (Read 10885 times)

Description:

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
Re: Gotham TV Series
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2014, 05:17:28 AM »
- Why was Bullock so worried that he had killed an innocent man if Pepper had indeed been framed? Pepper was a parolee with a gun (against the law), who tried to shoot a cop (against the law), and then tried to gut a cop (against the law) after fleeing a lawful interrogation. That's a justified shoot if I've ever saw one.

That also had me confused. He needs a better argument to get Gordon to drop it.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2014, 05:23:45 AM »
- Why was Bullock so worried that he had killed an innocent man if Pepper had indeed been framed? Pepper was a parolee with a gun (against the law), who tried to shoot a cop (against the law), and then tried to gut a cop (against the law) after fleeing a lawful interrogation. That's a justified shoot if I've ever saw one.

That also had me confused. He needs a better argument to get Gordon to drop it.

Only thing I can see in it is that he just shot, didn't give any warning to give the guy a chance to drop the knife, but since I don't think anyone was around except him and Gordon I don't think that'd be much of an issue.

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2014, 08:08:15 AM »
Gordon was the star of The O.C.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2014, 11:32:59 AM »
Liked it, didn't love it.

Was a little too cute with itself. You have Selena feeding a cat. Riddler's introduction had him riddling off the bat. And Poison Ivy is now named Ivey. Really? All that was missing was someone winking at the camera and saying "get it?"

I'm sure Crane will be introduced chasing crows away from his crops and Clayface will be using a pottery wheel.

I like Oswald and Gordon well enough. I've always liked the actor playing Bullock. But I always understood the character as a tough cop, but not really a dirty cop.

Offline Chainsaw 🦇 & Tyrano Shark

• CXF Writer
  • Chainsaw Batman & Tyrano Shark
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2014, 12:30:25 PM »
I like Oswald and Gordon well enough. I've always liked the actor playing Bullock. But I always understood the character as a tough cop, but not really a dirty cop.

Yeah I didn't really get why Bullock was dirty either, but apparently he started as a corrupt cop in the comics, so they're kinda going with pre-crisis continuity here.

I rolled my eyes at the Riddler introduction but the guy playing Penguin is just perfect casting.

Offline The ghost of bps21

• Wade the Duck says: Your brush with Greatness is OVER!
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2014, 12:51:48 PM »
He's dirty because if you aren't they kill you.  That's what he tells Gordon about what will happen if he doesn't kill penguin.  They'll come for you and your family.  Didn't seem to leave much doubt as to why every cop is crooked.

though I have no idea why anyone would care that they shot a guy shooting at a cop whether he killed the waynes or not.

Offline Epic Reine

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2014, 12:53:00 PM »
Yeah I'm going to add to the Cobblepot love. He was definitely the most interesting villain introduced in the pilot.

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2014, 12:53:41 PM »
Because if the word of it spread, which is what Jim was threatening to do (tell people), then the town would plunge back into chaos over the death of the Waynes. Falcone clarified that when he said that he cleared Pepper's framing so that Gotham could have its justice and go back to normal.
Maybe the real deep state was the friends we made along the way.

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2014, 12:58:50 PM »
Yeah but that's not how bullock sold it to him is it?  P sure he told them they were both on the hook for shooting an innocent man..not that they just had to go along with him being guilty.  Story wise its because you aren't supposed to know falcone owns the cops yet...but as a character Gordon should just toss that nonsense away.  They didn't get to shoot him because he may or may not have commited a crime...they got to shoot him because he was fucking up a cop

• Laz
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2014, 10:43:33 PM »
It's not hard to get what he meant when you take Falcone's speech into account. They'd lose their jobs because the mass outrage over the wrong guy being killed would force everybody's hand.

« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2014, 03:55:42 AM »
I disagree with you.  Gordon wouldn't know that's what he's saying until he talks to falcone later and he doesn't shape his argument in that way anyway.  So why would gordon just be like...yeah guess that makes sense der der der.

• Laz
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2014, 04:17:29 AM »
That's why Bullock said it. Given that Gordon is learning under Bullock and already seems to understand how dirty the whole city is? His reaction and decision aren't too surprising.

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2014, 06:14:42 PM »
I don't know what this show is trying to be...but man do I like their guest star casting.  Carol Kane!  Lilli Taylor!  That guy from that awesome house episode whose name I don't remember!

Offline Detective Ventriloquist

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2014, 08:35:08 PM »
Frank Whaley. He's a great character actor. He was Bret/Brad in Pulp Fiction.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline starvenger

« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2014, 10:54:31 PM »
I'm a week behind, but I'm hoping that it's only the pilot that hits us over the head with the future Batman villain/ally reveals.  Although if they can somehow shoehorn Jeffrey Nordling in as Frank Bertinelli I won't complain.
Starvenger

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin!
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2014, 09:04:17 AM »
Fun episode and I'll keep watching.  Enjoying the interactions the most.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg

Offline Jingus

« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2014, 11:54:42 AM »
Is there anywhere online I can catch this free and legal?

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2014, 12:07:51 PM »

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Jingus

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2014, 01:46:27 PM »
http://www.fox.com/full-episodes
Gracias.  (I paid for two damn years of already-barely-remembered Spanish, and am attempting to get my money's worth...)

I did see some of tonight's episode.  Looked pretty cool.  Good casting, good acting, nothing pissed me off, so already it's better than the few episodes of the competing "this feels like homework" Agents of SHIELD.  Hey, DC foot-sweeping Whedon on a televised live-action superhero property, kinda surprising. 

• Laz
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2014, 03:53:33 AM »
Caught the second episode last night. The girl playing Selina KyleCat is perfect and actually looks like she could grow up into Michelle Pfeiffer, which is a nice little addition. Solid episode, and I'm liking the pace of the show thus far.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2014, 05:10:28 AM »
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Jingus

« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2014, 01:32:26 PM »
Aw, I got excited for a minute and thought they were gonna film on the grounds of the old abandoned Cropsey mental asylum that Geraldo shut down back in the seventies.  That would've been perfect. 

• Laz
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2014, 11:03:47 AM »
...a weather balloon...

Offline Detective Ventriloquist

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2014, 12:09:27 PM »
I've thought the first 2 episodes were good but nothing that was going to really keep me around much longer. Tonight's episode I really, really liked and I'm back on board with the show.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Broward

• THUGBUTT CHEATERS
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2014, 08:43:59 AM »
...a weather balloon...

I'm not the foremost Historian of Batman, but are you surprised? This seems tame compared to other ways used to harm people in Gotham

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2014, 09:22:18 AM »
I actually thought it was kind of ingenious in a way... there's no easy escape for the victim and after several minutes it becomes a difficult shot for any experienced cop (upon which they'd be late to the 'scene of the crime' anyway due to the speed of the balloon traveling upwards).  Even if they shot the balloon, there's no guarantee the victim would survive the fall back down.

Offline pujoljunkie

• Old Navy / Diet Snapple Publishing Group
  • CXF Writer
  • PujolJunkie
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2014, 10:25:14 AM »
Some idiot without a high school education explaining to Professional Detectives Gordon and Bullock how balloons work was kind of funny.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2014, 05:20:03 AM »
Fox ordered up 6 more episodes bringing the first season from 16 to 22 eps. http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/13/gotham-fox-expanded-order-22-episodes/

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2014, 12:14:24 PM »

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2014, 01:38:45 AM »
I watched the first 6 eps in a straight shot and I really like this show

As mentioned already, there's some really good casting/performances, and the show has a great look.  The dude playing Penguin and the girl playing 'Kat' have both been awesome

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2014, 05:46:09 AM »
I've only watched the first two episodes this far. Jada Smith alone is keeping me from continuing as of now. Does she get any better? Tone down the crazy any? Because she's truly awful.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2014, 07:04:20 AM »
I'm not sure what else you should expect from a show that once had a guy kill people by walking up to them attaching weather balloons to them in the street. I think she fits right in.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2014, 08:55:29 AM »
She kind of is what she is at this point and for me, she's started working as the other characters have developed around her.

• Laz
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2014, 12:20:07 PM »
Pretty solid episode. Really kinda dig the interaction between Bruce and Selina. Not too keen on Harvey Dent since everybody else is doing their best to play it natural and you can tell he's forcing it.

Offline starvenger

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2014, 12:16:19 AM »
I'm dropping this show for now and might pick it up again later.  What's killing the show for me is all the attempts to shoehorn future villains/heroes in here.

My feeling is that by the second half of the season they will have gotten all that out of their system and I can catch up then. 
Starvenger

• Laz
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2014, 12:43:42 AM »
It's half/half for me. I enjoy it more than I enjoy most TV, but that's primarily because of the performances rather than the writing or anything. Everybody but Jada and the guy playing Dent have been damn good to great, and even Jada has her moments.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2014, 06:44:25 AM »
Isn't this next episode the half season finale? I'd at least watch that before dropping it since you've made it that far.

I actually don't mind Jada. I don't know what people were expecting but I was expecting over the top performances and some silly plots, so the fact that only Jada (and Dent who wasn't good) is really doing so isn't bad and I think she's sort of good-bad.

• Laz
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2014, 07:39:24 AM »
She has her moments, but other times she's annoying. I think being around such an otherwise great cast (...and Dent) is what's wrong with her.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2014, 07:57:22 AM »
I can see where Laz is coming from and agree.  She has some moments where she's fantastic but she, at other times, seems to almost be going "over the top" in how evil and ruthless she is as a character facial/body posture wise that I want to say, "I GET IT!"

• CXF Writer
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2014, 01:17:35 PM »
It's a comic book show. There's gotta be at least one completely over-the-top antagonist on the show, because most of the other villains are lowkey/"we're not badguys we're just bad guys" types.

And then there's Montoya. Montoya's just a bad person overall.

• Laz
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2014, 01:20:01 PM »
It's a comic book show. There's gotta be at least one completely over-the-top antagonist on the show, because most of the other villains are lowkey/"we're not badguys we're just bad guys" types.
Zsasz was over-the-top and fun. Jada goes from subdued to horrible.

Offline starvenger

« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2014, 01:49:54 PM »
Isn't this next episode the half season finale? I'd at least watch that before dropping it since you've made it that far.
Actually only made it 3 eps and the rest were sitting on my DVR.
Starvenger

Offline Tigger

• Dressup
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2015, 01:26:28 PM »
Is this guy supposed to be joker?

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2015, 11:54:55 PM »

Based on the preview of next week's episode, not even close.  Just being set up as another Arkham crazy villain.  The one thing I do like about the show is that while it's introducing key characters from the mythos, it's not trying to pretend it's actually Batman by throwing every well known name baddie at the viewer.  It's a "prequel"/set up show for a reason and given the history of Gotham by the time Batman enters the picture, it would make sense that Arkham Asylum's been polluting the streets with crazy oddball villains for years.

Also pretty sure if they were going the Joker route, it'd be a little more obvious/closer to some sort of origin.

Offline Tigger

• Dressup
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2015, 03:46:20 AM »
They definitely were teasing it with the laugh coming from down the hall, naming him jack, and the crazy nurse possibly being harley, but yeah pretty sure they're  teasing that just to tease it.

The biggest problem i would have with it if he dod end up becoming the joker is he already looks 50 so hed be an old man by the time bruce grows up

• CXF Writer
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2015, 08:14:46 AM »

Based on the preview of next week's episode, not even close.  Just being set up as another Arkham crazy villain.  The one thing I do like about the show is that while it's introducing key characters from the mythos, it's not trying to pretend it's actually Batman by throwing every well known name baddie at the viewer.  It's a "prequel"/set up show for a reason and given the history of Gotham by the time Batman enters the picture, it would make sense that Arkham Asylum's been polluting the streets with crazy oddball villains for years.

Also pretty sure if they were going the Joker route, it'd be a little more obvious/closer to some sort of origin.

The one thing I dislike about the show is since the whole story came about how the show would be teasing potential Joker possibilities you have people every episode going "is this guy Joker?"

This guy is most likely the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrocutioner

Also the guy with him is another d-list villain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdala_(comics)

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2015, 04:13:26 PM »
I'm a week or two behind on my DVR but just saw the commercials during tonight's Brooklyn Nine-Nine that Joker is coming this week.

Didn't even realize he'd been cast.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Tigger

• Dressup
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2015, 12:33:54 AM »

The one thing I dislike about the show is since the whole story came about how the show would be teasing potential Joker possibilities you have people every episode going "is this guy Joker?"

This guy is most likely the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrocutioner

Also the guy with him is another d-list villain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdala_(comics)

Was the guy last night Joker?

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2015, 01:12:17 AM »
to Tigger

Spoiler: show
They're doing the Red Hood storyline in upcoming episodes so maybe it was him... the actor plays Ian, a bipolar teen, in Shameless and pulls that off pretty well so I wouldn't be disappointed if he's in fact Joker.