Author Topic: UFC Fight Night: Cruz vs Dillashaw  (Read 2501 times)

Description:

Offline Lord of The Curry

Re: UFC Fight Night: Cruz vs Dillashaw
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2016, 03:29:46 AM »
I don't see MM bringing anything to the table this time around. If they aren't doing an automatic rematch with Cruz I'd say let Dillashaw avenge his loss to Dodson.

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2016, 03:43:01 AM »
I think Cruz is a GOAT, but the DJ that he fought in 2011 is not the same guy that's the champ now. I would love to see that fight, maybe more than any other superfight save for RDA/McGregor.

DJ should fight some big names at the weight class to build hype. Him vs. Faber would pull in a lot of views and I think DJ would wreck him.

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2016, 03:56:29 AM »
Agreed. Faber struggled with Frankie Saenz, DJ would merk him.

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2016, 05:53:17 AM »
So, I admittedly missed the card but I have a question regarding the main event for those who saw it because this got brought up elsewhere: do you feel that the judges looked at Cruz's performance differently because their expectations for how he'd do were different due to the layoff? As in that a different criteria was applied to him but not TJ?

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2016, 05:56:22 AM »
I don't think so. Every round was extremely close, even the two that I thought were obviously won by each guy.

No matter who won that fight, there were going to be people screaming robbery. I had picked TJ to win but I have no problem with Cruz getting the win, nor would have have thought he got robbed if he lost.
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2016, 05:57:12 AM »
No since the consensus all around (for those that scored the fight for him) is that he won rounds 1-3.

Brian Stann brought up an interesting point that the way the judges are positioned, it could look like one fighter or the other could have possibly landed all those flurries. Sitting behind Cruz or TJ when they are throwing combos but not seeing either guy just step out of the way.

DTF

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2016, 06:28:05 AM »
HSJ's boy Mr. Wade seems to be doing alright for himself. Now we need to re-book him vs Olivier Aubin-Mercier, good test for both guys at this point in their careers.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2016, 07:11:02 AM »
Wade called out Sage. I think Wade ends that hype train if it ever happens.

DTF

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2016, 07:12:30 AM »
After seeing how Pfister controlled him I think UFC is scared shitless of putting him up against a remotely solid wrestler/grappler.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2016, 08:02:00 AM »
It's funny the way everyone seems to be talking about Cruz's foot like it's going to keep him out another year. The actual only way to get rid of plantar fasciitis is for the plantar fascia to rupture or tear, which is what Cruz said his foot did. That usually only keeps an athlete out for three weeks or so. In fact if it doesn't tear those foot problems can ruin or end somebody's career.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2016, 08:27:45 AM »
Damn that's interesting, didn't know that.

Re: Sage, there's no way they should put him with a competent grappler for at least another 3-4 fights, which will be like a year out from the Pfister fight. He'll probably have improved a lot in that time, but Wade would be the perfect test.

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline RavishingRickRudo

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2016, 03:16:22 PM »
I had round one as a draw, edging toward tj. 2/3 cruz, 4/5 tj.  I don't think a draw is unreasonable overall.  I think tj missed too much and it was more apparent that he couldnt figure cruz out.  Now, cruz couldnt figure tj out either, but thats less obvious because he wasnt the aggressor. So in this case it may have hurt tj to always be on the attack.

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2016, 03:18:48 PM »
Showtime looked like shit.  I'd have him vs tony next and Eddie vs khabib.

The heavyweight fight was garbage.

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2016, 03:22:30 PM »
To mighty mouses credit, he was working full time and doing a lot of his own training for the cruz fight. I think the size advantage grappling would hurt him, but with the way tj scrambled out has me thinking it wouldnt be unreasonable to have mm move up.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2016, 04:24:41 PM »
I think Cruz is a GOAT, but the DJ that he fought in 2011 is not the same guy that's the champ now. I would love to see that fight, maybe more than any other superfight save for RDA/McGregor.

DJ should fight some big names at the weight class to build hype. Him vs. Faber would pull in a lot of views and I think DJ would wreck him.

I don't see how it doesn't go any differently than the first fight. DJ looking good in some exchanges before Cruz overpowers him and takes him down.

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2016, 12:56:01 AM »
Showtime looked like shit.  I'd have him vs tony next and Eddie vs khabib.

The heavyweight fight was garbage.

Eddie vs Pretty Tony
Pettis vs Barboza
Nate vs Khabib

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2016, 08:54:37 AM »
A lot of people think Pettis won. I guess maybe he kinda did, but with his gun-shy performance I don't think it was a robbery or anything.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2016, 11:58:58 AM »
I thought Pettis won the second but Alvarez just bullied him the other two rounds.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2016, 12:23:16 PM »
I thought Pettis won the second but Alvarez just bullied him the other two rounds.

This is pretty much my scoring. Pettis couldn't do anything in rounds 1 and 3. Avarez just did more. Even if it was dull as shit.

Offline Just Call Me Dan

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2016, 01:12:49 AM »
Alvarez talking about waiting for a title shot.  Do some guys just want to draw flies?

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2016, 02:58:10 AM »
This is Eddie's last and only shot at a UFC belt. I can't blame him for waiting but that's on the assumption that he's actually going to get a title shot if he waits.

Offline Just Call Me Dan

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2016, 06:46:16 AM »
I don't think he has a chance at all.  I see what you're saying, I just shake my head at guys like him and Woodley.  If you don't get a momentum swell going, you won't be successful.  The UFC will look for any reason possible to delay that shot.  They turned a corner years ago and are focused on making money and promoting cash cows.  Who knows when the next time they'll promote a fight with a guy in the position of Alvarez. 

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2016, 07:02:54 AM »
I don't think he has a chance at all.  I see what you're saying, I just shake my head at guys like him and Woodley.  If you don't get a momentum swell going, you won't be successful.  The UFC will look for any reason possible to delay that shot.  They turned a corner years ago and are focused on making money and promoting cash cows.  Who knows when the next time they'll promote a fight with a guy in the position of Alvarez.

Alvarez vs. the champ in Philly won't make money?

DTF

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2016, 07:04:20 AM »
The UFC will give Alvarez the title shot because they paid him a lot to make the jump. It's pretty simple.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2016, 07:09:08 AM »
I don't think it's fair to compare Woodley's situation to Eddie. Woodley got passed over because he said that he wouldn't fight Robbie or Lombard. Eddie and T-Ferg train together occasionally and are friends and I don't think either guy would hesitate one bit to throw down if it meant a title shot.

Offline Just Call Me Dan

« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2016, 07:39:38 AM »

Alvarez vs. the champ in Philly won't make money?

Do they make money on 200,000 buys?

Offline Just Call Me Dan

« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2016, 07:40:41 AM »
I don't think it's fair to compare Woodley's situation to Eddie. Woodley got passed over because he said that he wouldn't fight Robbie or Lombard. Eddie and T-Ferg train together occasionally and are friends and I don't think either guy would hesitate one bit to throw down if it meant a title shot.

That's why Woodley got passed over the 1st time.  This time is because he eeked out a split decision, took a forfeit and sat at home and waited for a title shot.  It doesn't sell.