Author Topic: MMA General Discussion 2014  (Read 65972 times)

Description:

Offline Lord of The Curry

Re: MMA General Discussion 2014
« Reply #1200 on: June 09, 2015, 07:22:37 AM »
Does Missouri even have an A.C?

Online ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #1201 on: June 09, 2015, 07:30:25 AM »
I looked it up yesterday when I saw that picture. They apparently do.

It was also reported that there'd be random, prefight testing but I doubt that's happened.

Bellator don't give a shit if Ken's on the gas as long as the fight goes on. He's not a champion. It's doubtful he fights again. They just want ratings.
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #1202 on: June 09, 2015, 07:31:01 AM »
The problem is that other than California, Nevada, and New York, none of these athletic commissions have the resources to do real testing. I bet there's no more than two or three dozen guys who work for the Missouri commission.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

« Reply #1203 on: June 09, 2015, 07:34:13 AM »
Re: Mike Richman. Two years is a long time for somebody to be out of the sport and from what I know he doesn't have anything to fall back on. Might as well say fuck it and go over to Asia, earn as much money as you can in 2 years and then retire.

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #1204 on: June 11, 2015, 02:05:52 PM »
Jose Aldo was scheduled for a drug test and got the Brazilian police to basically deport the NSAC rep. This is a whole new level of not bending to labour laws as an 'independent contractor'. Read the whole story, it's worth it. Fuckin' crazy.

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate/noticia/2015/06/tentativa-de-teste-surpresa-com-aldo-termina-com-coletor-autuado-pela-pf.html

Google Translate:

Last week, UFC announced a new anti-doping control program, and one of the concerns expressed by journalists was how would they run these tests outside the US. On Thursday, an incident in Nova União team base served as an example of how this control will be difficult in Brazil. An attempt to hold a surprise test on Jose Aldo in Rio de Janeiro ended up with a notification, a fine and a notice to leave the country for the professional sent by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NAC) to collect his urine sample.

Upon arrival at the Upper gym, Nova União's headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Aldo received the news that a collector sent by the NAC was waiting to make a random test - the fighter will defend his featherweight belt (up to 66kg) in Las Vegas, in Nevada, on the 11th July at UFC 189, against Conor McGregor. The Brazilian fighter did what he was asked and collected an urine sample in a plastic pot.

However, surprised by the arrival of the collector, who had no identification linking him to the NAC, the coach and Aldo's agent, Dede Pederneiras, contacted the Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA), which was also not informed about the test. According to Pederneiras, the entity called federal police, who arrived to the gym and found that the American collector, identified as Ben Mosier, from the laboratory Drug Free Sport, had not a work visa - his business visa, according to the officer who attended the site, does not give him the right to work, just hold meetings and negotiations.

Cristiano Sampaio, chief operating officer of CABMMA, came to the gym soon after, already in the early afternoon, and met with the coach, the collector and the federal police. After more than four hours of conversation in a room, it turned up that Mosier could even be deported because of the irregularity on Thursday, which did not happen. Mosier was notified, fined R$ 413.88 and notified to leave the country within eight days, leaving the gym in the evening. Combate.com tried to interview the collector, but he declined to comment on the fact. Sampaio also refused to be interviewed to explain which were the irregularities pointed out by himself in the sample collection process with Jose Aldo. A new collection will be made on Friday by CABMMA in accordance with the NAC. The sample initially taken by José Aldo was thrown away by the fighter himself before leaving the gym in the afternoon. Pederneiras defended the team's attitude in the case.

- We did everything they asked. Before everything happened, Aldo had already taken the sample, (the urine) was already in the pot. But when the Brazilian commission arrived, they saw the collection wasn't done in the way it was supposed to be done in Brazil. And there was an aggravating circumstance, because a federal officer found that the person who was here could not even be doing work, he was working without permission to work. It is the same thing as going to the US on a tourist visa or B1 / B2, from what I understand, and trying to work. I do not quite understand that part but, from what I know, he would need to have a work visa to do what he was doing here. And his situation got worse because the lab person has a problem with immigration here. We don't even get ourselves in this situation. In fact, this is a problem between the Brazilian Athletic Commission and the Nevada Commission. The UFC has nothing to do with this story, who makes this kind of testing is the athletic commission - explained the coach and manager.

Before the confusion, the fighter underwent the test willingly, although he found it strange that the procedure wasn't done by CABMMA. The champion had some difficulty to fill the pot and felt pissed off at times, but he said he did wasn't bothered.

- It is normal. There came a time in the sport that not only me, but also other athletes have to go through it. This is my first time here in Brazil. I think it should have been done by the Brazilian commission, because I live here. But there's no problem. That's nothing to me. Fighting, pissing, to me it's all the same thing - said Aldo.

The champion of the division to 66kg stressed that he did not apply for a license to fight in Las Vegas yet, and that the test date informed by NAC for the first test was another. José Aldo also praised the new anti-doping control policy of the Ultimate, who promised to test regularly in the organization's athletes.

- I liked it a lot. I think you have to work the right way and that's what I trust. You have to get in there and do the perfect job, regardless of what you take or not.

the first big fight post-drug testing protocol already looks like a joke lirl

I don't even hate on Aldo, he always said he doesn't care about PED's, and defended Anderson.

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

• Admin
« Reply #1205 on: June 11, 2015, 02:10:08 PM »
This is my guess, but odds are this is going to cause even more major problems. If they're going to do a test themselves, meaning the Brazilian commission, that's not really a substitute. The fight isn't being held in Brazil.

I don't know if Nevada will even accept the results of that test and they may not sanction the fight, they have the power to stop it and I don't think they want to make a new policy look like a joke.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Online ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #1206 on: June 11, 2015, 04:11:32 PM »
If the NSAC choose to not license Aldo over this there's going to be hell to pay.

« Reply #1207 on: June 12, 2015, 01:11:05 AM »
By who? All the other AC's in the country follow their lead, I'd be willing to bet if they don't sanction the fight and UFC tries to move it to another state they'll get blocked there too.

« Reply #1208 on: June 12, 2015, 01:28:34 AM »
This is my guess, but odds are this is going to cause even more major problems. If they're going to do a test themselves, meaning the Brazilian commission, that's not really a substitute. The fight isn't being held in Brazil.

I don't know if Nevada will even accept the results of that test and they may not sanction the fight, they have the power to stop it and I don't think they want to make a new policy look like a joke.

I think we need to hold off on the pitchforks and torches for a minute here. From what I have read on multiple sites it seems to be agreed upon that this person did not have proper ID when he showed up at Nova Uniao for the test and that it wasn't Nova Uniao but CABMMA that called the police. From what I can tell here Dede and Aldo did the right thing here by providing the sample but if the NSAC sent a guy with an incorrect Visa to get the sample then that fuck up is on them.

Online ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #1209 on: June 12, 2015, 01:38:18 AM »
By who? All the other AC's in the country follow their lead, I'd be willing to bet if they don't sanction the fight and UFC tries to move it to another state they'll get blocked there too.

I meant more that Dana will probably have a rage stroke and they'll cancel the show.

After all the hype this fight has seen, if it doesn't happen (especially because of this) he'll melt down.

« Reply #1210 on: June 12, 2015, 01:55:49 AM »
I think this whole thing is getting overblown but if the worst did in fact happen they'd move it to Brazil and throw a shitload of money at Conor which he'd take.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #1211 on: June 12, 2015, 02:08:49 AM »
Why would this fight get cancelled or moved? The NSAC fucked up here, not Aldo.

DTF

« Reply #1212 on: June 12, 2015, 02:09:50 AM »
It won't. People are looking for a story here and there really isn't one. The fact that Aldo STILL provided the sample when he had every right to say no should be the end of it but people like stirring the pot.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #1213 on: June 12, 2015, 09:22:53 AM »
Rumour: Welterweight staple Thiago Alves is set to move to Lightweight. Unable to train fully until August, he hopes to fight again later this year.

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Online ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #1214 on: June 12, 2015, 09:24:57 AM »
So he's cutting a leg off?

• Admin
« Reply #1215 on: June 12, 2015, 09:29:36 AM »
It won't be that hard. He's carrying extra muscle mass that he doesn't need. He'll be dangerous at 155, which is more naturally suited to his height. His body will look way different though.

Online ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #1216 on: June 12, 2015, 09:39:56 AM »
If he loses the muscle mass, sure. He just seems like the type of guy that has to be as jacked as possible.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #1217 on: June 12, 2015, 11:16:37 AM »
Jacked? I don't know if you guys have noticed, but Thiago has gotten smaller and smaller over the years (what a coincidence).

DTF

« Reply #1218 on: June 13, 2015, 03:19:07 AM »
Yeah, the Alves who fought Condit and Mein is not the jacked up gorilla who fought Hughes and GSP.

« Reply #1219 on: June 16, 2015, 03:44:12 AM »
Hey YPOV Misha Cirkunov done signed with UFC.

Online ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #1220 on: June 16, 2015, 04:25:57 AM »
The UFC is going to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.

I hope they at least give them a better card than they gave Calgary.

Edit

Got beat to it in another thread...

« Reply #1221 on: June 16, 2015, 05:26:33 AM »
Elias Theodoru is going to be on the Canadian version of The Amazing Race with his girlfriend. Gotta hand it to the guy, he knows how to market himself and is doing it well in a country that desperately needs a new mma star to cheer for.

Online ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #1222 on: June 16, 2015, 05:32:30 AM »
It doesn't hurt that he comes across as one of the funniest, friendliest guys on the roster.

« Reply #1223 on: June 16, 2015, 05:38:12 AM »
Best hair in the game.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #1224 on: June 16, 2015, 06:58:22 AM »
He's doing what everyone on the roster should be doing. The UFC isn't going to promote or market you at all. You have to do it yourself.

DTF

« Reply #1225 on: June 16, 2015, 08:00:40 AM »
I don't think Elias has any illusions about challenging for a belt, he's doing everything he can to get paid as much as possible. Nothing wrong with that.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #1226 on: June 17, 2015, 02:03:48 PM »
See this is what I mean when I said this season was supposed to have more talent. Steve Carl, a guy Dana said wasn't a fighter, he choked out Josh Burkman and was supposed to be a star in the season. He choked in the TUF fight and looked awful, I don't know what the deal was. Maybe he isn't the same after getting traumatized by the Paul Harris.

The guy he fought didn't look much better, and Usman is supposed to be good too.

« Reply #1227 on: June 18, 2015, 03:08:33 AM »
Rony Jason has tested positive for a banned substance, suspended 9 months and his bonus presumably will be taken away as well. Dudes just lucky this shit didn't happen in the US.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #1228 on: June 21, 2015, 06:32:27 AM »
Right after Arlovski's epic fight with Browne, I thought to myself, "gee, I wonder how bitter Tim Sylvia is about this guy's comeback. In fact, what's Big Tim up to right now?"

KOAB help out your hero bro

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #1229 on: June 22, 2015, 04:47:50 PM »
 :'(

Online ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #1230 on: June 24, 2015, 01:10:59 PM »
I don't think there's ever been 2 more unlikeable people on TUF than these gym owners.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #1231 on: June 24, 2015, 03:05:17 PM »
I don't think there's ever been 2 more unlikeable people on TUF than these gym owners.

One episode and I quit. I had no interest in those two being the focal points of the series.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #1232 on: June 27, 2015, 03:45:18 PM »
So Machida's done right?

• Admin
« Reply #1233 on: June 27, 2015, 03:47:38 PM »
It was a disgrace that this fight happened and I hope someone finally wakes up to sanction this sport correctly. Getting knocked out like that twice in a such a short span can lead to somebody getting severely brain damaged.

• Admin
« Reply #1234 on: June 27, 2015, 03:52:01 PM »
lirl and then the guy goes full blown anti-gay. all in all not a great look for the UFC.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #1235 on: June 27, 2015, 03:57:09 PM »
lirl and then the guy goes full blown anti-gay. all in all not a great look for the UFC.

Romero cut a anti gay promo? I switched it off right after the finish.

• Admin
« Reply #1236 on: June 27, 2015, 04:00:16 PM »

Romero cut a anti gay promo? I switched it off right after the finish.

SURE DID CAN'T WAIT FOR THE UPLOAD

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #1237 on: June 27, 2015, 04:05:11 PM »
That's what I thought I heard through his gibberish. What a moron.

« Reply #1238 on: June 28, 2015, 02:58:19 AM »
Holy fuck Steve Bosse got sent to Valhalla.

Online ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #1239 on: June 29, 2015, 03:38:46 AM »
I didn't realize until today that the new drug testing policy in UFC puts a ban on IV rehydration. We're going to see a lot of guys changing weight classes.

« Reply #1240 on: June 29, 2015, 03:40:39 AM »
Yeah I think that was Antonio Carlos Jr's last fight at MW on Saturday.

Online ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #1241 on: June 29, 2015, 03:56:37 AM »
Personally I think if you need an IV to rehydrate you're in the wrong weight class anyway so it doesn't bother me but there's a lot of people that seem totally outraged.

Rumble's career would have been better off if it was never allowed to begin with.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #1242 on: June 29, 2015, 04:51:50 AM »
People are still going to cut the weight. The IV was just a safe way for the person to rehydrate afterwards. That's the only thing they really got rid of.

DTF

« Reply #1243 on: June 29, 2015, 05:16:01 AM »

Only gay if the ref isn't wearing gloves.

• KOAB
« Reply #1244 on: June 29, 2015, 07:27:34 AM »
People are still going to cut the weight. The IV was just a safe way for the person to rehydrate afterwards. That's the only thing they really got rid of.

Dos Anjos first title defense just got a lot more interesting.

« Reply #1245 on: June 29, 2015, 07:47:35 AM »
Does RDA love him some IV's? I don't get it.

• KOAB
« Reply #1246 on: June 29, 2015, 08:57:40 AM »
Out of the current champions he's the one who cuts the most weight...

Online ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #1247 on: June 29, 2015, 09:39:18 AM »
They're probably going to still cut the weight, at least at first. When their recovery and performance suffers, that's when people are going to start rethinking which division they're in.

Online ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #1248 on: June 30, 2015, 03:06:33 AM »
The uniform reveal was pathetic. I've been trying to see the bright side of the whole thing but now that they've hit the final stage and revealed everything it's totally underwhelming.

And implemented so badly. Weidman's page 404's. Machida's shirt has the wrong name on it.

« Reply #1249 on: June 30, 2015, 03:15:07 AM »

Good lord. Weidman can't stiffle the laughter on how bad this shit is.