Author Topic: 6/12/09 - Smackdown Spoilers  (Read 2500 times)

Description:

Offline Box

6/12/09 - Smackdown Spoilers
« on: June 09, 2009, 04:02:43 PM »
Via PWinsider.com:

Billy Krotchsen called in the following results from tonight's Smackdown taping in Biloxi, Mississippi:

WWE Superstars:

*Evan Bourne pinned Zach Ryder with the shooting star

WWE Smackdown:

*Smackdown opened with World champ CM Punk coming out to cut a promo. The crowd was into him until Jeff Hardy came out.
*World champion CM Punk defeated Chris Jericho.

*Dolph Ziggler defeated The Great Khali via countout.

*Michelle McCool & Layla defeated WWE Womens champion Melina & Eve Torres.

*John Morrison & R-Truth defeated Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas.

*Edge defeated Jeff Hardy by DQ when CM Punk got involved.   Punk was doing commentary and Edge threw Hardy at him.  Punk then responded, causing the DQ.

*World champ CM Punk & Jeff Hardy beat Chris Jericho and Edge in a dark steel cage match.  After the match, Hardy nailed Punk with the Twist of Fate.

So judging by what happened on TV, Punk could be a heel, judging by the dark match, he's a face.

Still awaiting the more detailed version.

Offline Scroby

• Low rent Indy Referee
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 04:05:11 PM »
They probably just want to tease Punk turning heel right now so when he does fully turn heel against Jeff Hardy the fans will hate him more.

Also the spoilers no way say that Punk could be acting heelish. It seems he attacked Edge to cause the DQ, not Jeff Hardy.
WRONG! I'm perfectly sane everyone else however is insane and is trying to steal my magic bag.

Offline DCH

• The Every Night Delight
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 07:17:57 PM »
I reckon Punk remains a face since he is quite over. I could see them teasing a Hardy heel turn because his desperate run for the gold was upset and then he snaps, or possibly Punk vs Hardy having a fairly amicable loser leaves town match where hardy leaves, they shake hands, and Hardy is now your NEW TNA WORLD CHAMPION

Offline The Real DXP

• daileyxplanet
    • TrevorTwitter
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 01:01:12 AM »
TNA didn't give Hardy the belt the first time, I doubt they would now.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 02:37:44 AM »
Former WWE champion and World Heavyweight Champion; he'd get a two month reign

Offline luke-o

• Pack it in Frank you silly barstool!
  • www.thecollectorsroom.co.uk
    • The LADcast - A weekly podcast from Luke and Drew (L.A.D - Geddit?)
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 03:17:02 AM »
Can we really call him a former World Heavyweight Champion? I mean he held the belt for the same amount of time it takes to break wind.

I will eat all of your dicks if Daniel Bryan ACTUALLY cashes in his MITB at Wrestlemania
7 months and counting...

Offline Aero

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 03:27:21 AM »
I get that John Morrison needs to be pushed, but does he need to be going over Shelton every other week?

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 04:05:32 AM »
Can we really call him a former World Heavyweight Champion? I mean he held the belt for the same amount of time it takes to break wind.

Well, Yokozuna is considered a 2-time WWE Champion even though his first reign lasted right at 2 minutes.  Andre is also considered by many to be a former WWE Champion even though he was officially champion for less than a minute.  I believe whoever was WWE's authority figure at the time declared the belt vacant as soon as Andre handed it to Ted DiBiase.  Not trying to sound like a smartass here or anything, just saying that yea, Hardy would pretty much be considered a former World Champion now.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
    • My YouTube Channel with over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 04:56:26 AM »
I get that John Morrison needs to be pushed, but does he need to be going over Shelton every other week?

Well, he does job to Jericho on SuperStars yet again.  In the WWE Universe, 1 job to Jericho equals 3 wins over Shelton to make a superstar.
Check out my YouTube page for over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMonsoonClassic/videos

Offline DCH

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 07:14:03 PM »
Starship Pain looks fucking awesome. Just thought I'd get that off my chest. I've finished watching SD now, so here are a few things. CM Punk is STILL a face. Not even teasing heel, a fullblown face. The only heelish thing he did was attacking Edge, costing Jeff Hardy the number one contender's match, and even that got a pop from the crowd until they realised what it meant for Hardy. The crowd was pretty hot for Punk all night, only Hardy got a bigger pop, and quite a few people in the crowd were supporting Punk. Punk got a massive pop against Jericho, and once more when he came out during the ME. Punk was on commentary for the most part of the match, roughly 20 minutes or so, before Edge chucked him at Punk, Punk the responded by going apeshit on Edge. Hardy came in, the crowd realised that he had been disqualified, and their pop for Punk died. However, Hardy nailed Edge with a Twist of Fate, geting a massive pop, before Punk nailed Hardy with a GTS, which got a mixed reaction. Afterwards, we went backstage with Tiffany and Teddy Long. Tiffany announced Christian vs Dreamer in an ECW title match for Raw, while Long announced that due to the DQ it would be Punk vs Hardy vs Edge for the WHC in a Triple threat match on Raw. A Fatal Four Way to decide the WWE title between Cena, Big Show, Triple H and Randy Orton was also announced during the show. I assume all of this was added in post production. That ends my notes on SD that weren't in the spoilers.

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 11:10:10 AM »
What's with the cameras they're using? It's like they're using film cameras.

Offline foleyfanforever88

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 11:21:08 AM »
CM Punk is STILL a face. Not even teasing heel, a fullblown face.

His opening promo was pretty tweener-ish.

Offline Chris G

• Silence
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 01:07:17 PM »

I noticed that right at the start of the show.

Smackdown: The Movie!

Offline JPopStarKami

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 01:08:04 PM »
Yes, Punk was pretty tweener this time around. Good booking on part of the writers.

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »
He played tweener at the end, giving both guys dirty looks...BUT, they both want the belt he just won. I thoroughly enjoy the middle of the road 'i don't like anybody that wants my title' type of champion. It does sort of play into his 'I respect you, but I'll still beat you" mentality.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 7 IS HERE!

Buy my novel, Accounting For Glory, now in paperback!

I made a silly Disney Parks RPG. You should check it out here!

Apparently Artistic - See my dubious attempts at making art.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline DCH

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 02:02:03 PM »
CM Punk is STILL a face. Not even teasing heel, a fullblown face.

His opening promo was pretty tweener-ish.

I missed the start. From waht I saw, he was pretty face.

Offline Obi Chris Kenobi

• Citizen 128
  • Personal Text goes here, Venkman
    • legitshook
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 06:17:31 PM »
Dolph Ziggler is the best thing to have ever happened to the Smackdown Midcard!

Offline Tigger

• Dressup
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 02:55:31 AM »
Jericho vs Punk and Hardy vs Edge were both good matches. Anyone who can't smell the heel oozing off of Punk is an idiot.

Offline DCH

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 12:45:46 PM »
I'm an idiot.

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 01:46:48 PM »
Let's put it this way: CM Punk has always gone out and said how much he loves competition, and while cashing in on Edge was sort of a "Edge getting what he deserves after doing the same thing two years in a row", him cashing in on wounded duck Jeff was a pretty bad thing to do. It would have made more Face Punk sense to come out with the briefcase and challenge New Champ Jeff to a real match for the championship at the next PPV (or something) and say "If I'm going to be the World Heavyweight Champion, I'm going to earn it fair and square and not just steal it"  ...

Now, it would have been even better if he would have said all that and then, this week on SD (or next monday) when Edge decided to play "rematch clause" and Jeff won, if Punk came out and cashed it anyway, completely going against everything he just said.

O'course, I think they are going for the slow burn.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 7 IS HERE!

Buy my novel, Accounting For Glory, now in paperback!

I made a silly Disney Parks RPG. You should check it out here!

Apparently Artistic - See my dubious attempts at making art.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline DCH

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2009, 07:18:22 PM »
SD is taped, not live, I think they don't want to give something that big away.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
    • My YouTube Channel with over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 02:54:27 AM »
I definitely caught heel vibes from Punk.  He indirectly called the fans fickle by pointing out that while everyone loved it when he cashed in on Edge, there were nay-sayers when he did it to Jeff.  He also pointed out how he did things for himself.
Check out my YouTube page for over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMonsoonClassic/videos

Offline Paperback Ryback

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 05:04:26 AM »
Hopefully this Ziggler/Khali feud is coming to a close.  I enjoy Ziggler and hope he gets to work with somebody his own size soon.

I'm guessing it's a result of the recent digital TV transition.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 08:58:40 PM »
Hopefully this Ziggler/Khali feud is coming to a close.  I enjoy Ziggler and hope he gets to work with somebody his own size soon.

Maybe they are grooming him for 'Taker? To see how he works with someone who is taller than he is?
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline I Know You Like Sugar

• King Cucaracha
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2009, 05:06:26 AM »
Anyone else notice how JR was showing some shades of grey too? Putting over Ziggler, defending Punk's actions, pushing for Jericho to be #1 contender. Not any sort of turn of anything, but it seems he's approaching his job a little differently now his partnership with Grisham is starting to gel.