Author Topic: And the Latest Cancelled Show Is...  (Read 60400 times)

Description:

Offline Zetterberg is Go

Re: And the Latest Cancelled Show Is...
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2014, 12:02:21 PM »
I will drop dead from shock if ARSENIO gets that spot. If he couldn't make this current gig work, that one would be an unmitigated disaster.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2014, 11:49:06 PM »
The Arsenio Hall Show has been cancelled
I half-expected him to do a Maya Angelou tribute show, and was surprised when they aired a re-run instead; was that the reason why?

Offline Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
  • Sometimes A Friend is Worth A Billion Dollars
« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2014, 02:32:04 AM »
I will drop dead from shock if ARSENIO gets that spot. If he couldn't make this current gig work, that one would be an unmitigated disaster.

Yeah. This new Arsenio Hall Show had piss poor ratings. Arsenio's an all around poor choice to replace Ferguson.

It's too bad the new Arsenio Hall Show didn't work out but it was kind of inevitable. I thought there was definitely a need for an updated version of the Arsenio Hall Show since late night talk shows are generally lilywhite but I didn't think the updated version of the Arsenio Hall Show should have Arsenio himself!

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2014, 10:36:22 PM »

Yeah. This new Arsenio Hall Show had piss poor ratings. Arsenio's an all around poor choice to replace Ferguson.

It's too bad the new Arsenio Hall Show didn't work out but it was kind of inevitable. I thought there was definitely a need for an updated version of the Arsenio Hall Show since late night talk shows are generally lilywhite but I didn't think the updated version of the Arsenio Hall Show should have Arsenio himself!

To be fair, it was on the CW. Arsenio had already been on the air for four months before I'd realized he came back, simply because I not only never watch CW, but I don't even watch shows/networks where CW shows get advertised. What I saw of it, I really liked.

Offline Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
  • Sometimes A Friend is Worth A Billion Dollars
« Reply #204 on: June 02, 2014, 01:17:45 AM »
I didn't know it was on until the night it premiered and that was only because my friend texted me that Arsenio was on the local Fox affiliate and I was like "What the heck's he doing there?" I half thought they started airing classic episodes but it was new ones.

I've seen one commercial for the new Arsenio Hall Show and it was this weekend, a few days after I heard it was canceled.

I saw two or three episodes and the show was fine. If you liked the original Arsenio Hall Show, you would have liked this one. Not surprised in the least that it didn't get picked up for a second season (even though it said it did a few months back!)

Offline Gary

• Bionic Cock
  • CXF Writer

"go ahead. keep screaming "Shut The Fuck Up " at me. it only makes my opinions Worse"

Offline strummer

« Reply #206 on: June 14, 2014, 06:43:13 AM »
Nickelodeon has cancelled "Sam and Cat"

Offline 2GOLD

« Reply #207 on: June 14, 2014, 06:46:43 AM »

Not a surprise, Grande getting bigger and didn't seem like they wanted to continue.

ETA: Where did you read that news?

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2014, 07:02:02 AM »

Not surprised either, though still kinda pissed they axed Victorious for that.  Saw 3-4 eps out of curiosity...

#1: They lacked chemistry and it was pretty obvious the show was mainly set up to capitalize on the "name" factor rather than any rooted idea.  It came off like a 3rd rate iCarly with a weird babysitting aspect (that, again, made no sense considering the characters involved) and didn't even have the bonus singing aspect of Victorious.

#2: The second tier characters were pretty forgettable.  Dice was no Spencer/Gibby/Robby and the few episodes they did bring back characters just felt like pandering for a ratings stunt.  Jade and Cat immediately had more chemistry in their 1/2 episode together than Sam/Cat did in any of the episodes I saw.

Offline 2GOLD

« Reply #209 on: June 14, 2014, 07:12:46 AM »
Watching with my lady, the show felt very forced and didn't make an ounce of sense. Then Grande got that Grammy nod and all I could think was well this show is done.

Offline strummer

« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2014, 07:30:54 AM »

Not a surprise, Grande getting bigger and didn't seem like they wanted to continue.

ETA: Where did you read that news?

http://www.classicalite.com/articles/9056/20140614/sam-cat-new-episode-hiatus-cancellation-jennette-mccurdy-ariana-grande.htm

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2014, 08:05:41 AM »
Why did you link to a picture of a polar bear in a snowstorm?

Offline starvenger

« Reply #212 on: June 24, 2014, 01:41:12 AM »
Kitchen Nightmares. although it appears that Ramsay told to show to fuck off or something.

I'm not all that saddened.  The UK version was far superior anyway.
Starvenger

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #213 on: June 24, 2014, 10:37:37 AM »
I couldn't stand the American one. There was always way too much crying. They tried to make the show about the people rather than the food.
The British one was all about fixing the food.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline muzzington

« Reply #214 on: June 24, 2014, 02:23:52 PM »
I only wish they made more of the British version. I enjoyed Ramsey narrating the whole thing and not having music playing the whole time.

And the reaction shots were the worst.

Offline Gary

• Bionic Cock
  • CXF Writer

"go ahead. keep screaming "Shut The Fuck Up " at me. it only makes my opinions Worse"

Offline starvenger

« Reply #216 on: July 02, 2014, 10:20:43 AM »
From what I've read online people seem to think it's a case of the show being something from the old Fox regime that the new Fox regime didn't get, or want.
Starvenger

Offline The ghost of bps21

• Wade the Duck says: Your brush with Greatness is OVER!
« Reply #217 on: July 02, 2014, 10:24:41 AM »
From what I've read online people seem to think it's a case of the show being something from the old Fox regime that the new Fox regime didn't get, or want.

That head of programming I mentioned previously (who is way ahead of the curve on where TV is heading IMO) who resigned from Fox because they overruled him on keeping quality programming with lower ratings (Almost Human, Enlisted)...this was his pet project. 

Offline Gary

• Bionic Cock
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #218 on: July 04, 2014, 02:10:18 AM »
A reality show from the creator of TMZ ]Has been cancelled.

Offline strummer

« Reply #219 on: July 13, 2014, 07:06:53 AM »
It's "official" now that "Sam and Cat"  has been cancelled after one season. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nickelodeons-sam-cat-canceled-718195

Offline Gary

• Bionic Cock
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2014, 08:07:32 AM »

Offline rollie

• ulfistgut
« Reply #221 on: July 15, 2014, 09:13:54 PM »
Yahoo might save "Enlisted"

Surprising news as whilst it got fairly good reviews it didn't have time to build up a built in fanbase like Community did.  Although I guess the hope is to grow Enlisted (if they do pick it up) as Community probably won't have more than one/two seasons.
Good though, I caught up on it recently and it's a really enjoyable show. Good combination of characters, humour and fairly serious moments (it is a military show after all) without those moments getting too schmaltzy or rararaArmy! Guy who played the younger brother was particularly good in this (although enjoyed all three leads, even Piz)

Offline Gary

• Bionic Cock
  • CXF Writer

Offline 2GOLD

« Reply #223 on: July 18, 2014, 02:34:12 PM »
The next season of "Falling Skies" will be its last.

I expected it with Noah doing they show about The Librarian. Plus it feels like they are out of ideas and are trimming budget with silly alien cult shit.

Offline Gary

• Bionic Cock
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #224 on: August 08, 2014, 08:20:46 AM »

Offline strummer

« Reply #225 on: August 19, 2014, 11:56:55 AM »
Not a cancellation but I saw that Anger Management is already entering syndication this fall.  No way that God awful show has reached 100 episode yet.  Did they change the rules for syndication?

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #226 on: August 19, 2014, 12:00:57 PM »
The show came out of the gate with a 100 episode order.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #227 on: August 19, 2014, 12:08:20 PM »
Not a cancellation but I saw that Anger Management is already entering syndication this fall.  No way that God awful show has reached 100 episode yet.  Did they change the rules for syndication?

FX does a 10/90 order. They air the first season of 10 episodes and if it's picked up for a second season, it gets an automatic 90 more episodes bring it to the 100 needed for syndication. Partners has the same deal. It's in it's first season and if it gets picked up, it gets the 90. The huge problem as you can tell is if the first season does well, and then the ratings go down they have to get the 90 more no matter what.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline 2GOLD

« Reply #228 on: August 19, 2014, 12:10:50 PM »
Which was the case with Anger Management, came out strong, renewed fast and then just started to sink very quickly.
I tried to watch it a few times and it is just too painful to sit through.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #229 on: August 19, 2014, 12:12:40 PM »
Who would have thought a series starring Charlie Sheen would peak early?

Offline Gary

• Bionic Cock
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #230 on: August 25, 2014, 02:33:48 AM »
There was going to be a "gritty" re-imaginging of "The Wizard of Oz" and Wait, not going forward.

Offline Gary

• Bionic Cock
  • CXF Writer

Offline 2GOLD

« Reply #232 on: August 28, 2014, 11:11:06 AM »
A&E cancelled a show that 1.) I had no idea existed 2.) was their most popular scripted show 3.) starred Lou Diamond Philips.

He wasn't even the star, he barely showed up half the time. I tried to get into it but it is a little...boring unless in the right mood.

Offline strummer

« Reply #233 on: August 29, 2014, 03:55:30 PM »

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2014, 10:41:20 PM »
I watched it for the first month, but it really was just average at best. They need to stop making The Soup style shows. It only works for that one.

Offline starvenger

« Reply #235 on: August 30, 2014, 12:19:21 AM »
I watched it for the first month, but it really was just average at best. They need to stop making The Soup style shows. It only works for that one.
That's kind of SOP for channels though, right?  Someone has a good idea (or rather, a successful idea, ratings-wise), everyone else will copy it until the concept has been beaten 20 feet underground.
Starvenger

Offline 2GOLD

« Reply #236 on: August 30, 2014, 01:08:13 AM »
"The Tick" live action show appears set to rise from it's grave on Amazon. Warburton apparently will return to the role but no words on whether or not Arthur, Liberty and Batmanuel will be along for the ride.

One can only hope.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #237 on: August 30, 2014, 05:33:34 AM »
That's kind of SOP for channels though, right?  Someone has a good idea (or rather, a successful idea, ratings-wise), everyone else will copy it until the concept has been beaten 20 feet underground.

You'd think that after the 30th time failing that they wouldn't try it again. Chris Hardwick hosted one for viral videos that didn't last, this one, Danielle Fishel had one on some fashion channel I believe. There were a couple more from what I remember, but none lasted more than a couple of seasons. I'm not sure of the ratings for The Soup, but either they kill it or it's really cheap to produce since the show, dating back to Talk Soup has been on since 1991

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 30, 2014, 08:43:03 AM »
Chris Hardwick's one (Web Soup) only ended because he wanted to focus on Nerdist. Although it would have ended anyway when they stopped producing new material for G4.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #239 on: August 30, 2014, 03:06:18 PM »
Yeah, Web Soup was also essentially a less promoted version of Tosh.0.  I remember watching a few of them before Tosh started up a bit later and took off.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 30, 2014, 07:53:26 PM »
Yep and Web Soup gladly took some shots at Tosh.0 when they got a chance.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #241 on: September 10, 2014, 08:46:15 AM »
Nurse Jackie will end after its next season. Which is number seven. I've never heard from anyone who's ever seen the series.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #242 on: September 10, 2014, 08:50:05 AM »
I'm a fan. Or was a fan. Nothing happened at all last season, really. Seasons 1-4 were really good, though.

Offline Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
« Reply #243 on: September 10, 2014, 08:55:48 AM »
Nurse Jackie will end after its next season. Which is number seven. I've never heard from anyone who's ever seen the series.

It gets nominated for Emmy's every year and it constantly surprises me it's still on. I've never watched it, but it's probably a decent show. Showtime lets their shows run forever. Dexter and Weeds got 8, Californication got 7 (i think).

Season 9 of Homeland is gonna be weird.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #244 on: September 10, 2014, 12:29:06 PM »
I've seen a couple of episodes here and there and it was a good show. My parents love the show. It's one of the few they watch.

Offline Anakin Flair

• Suplex City, Bitch!
« Reply #245 on: September 11, 2014, 02:07:25 PM »
So I just found out today that Discovery canceled Sons of Guns due to Will Hayden being arrested for molesting underage girls. Did not see that coming.

Also, I liked Longmire. I would buy a season pass on iTunes, then binge watch when I was in the mood. It did take a few episodes to get into it, but I thought it was an excellent show. Hope Netflix or someone else picks it back up.

Offline A Happy Medium

• CXF Writer
« Reply #246 on: September 24, 2014, 02:57:34 AM »
http://io9.com/scorpion-brings-the-stupidest-most-batshit-insane-hack-1638333877

I think that I should check out Scorpion before it is cancelled. 

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #247 on: September 24, 2014, 07:37:44 AM »
http://io9.com/scorpion-brings-the-stupidest-most-batshit-insane-hack-1638333877

I think that I should check out Scorpion before it is cancelled.
Blogs like that force me to realize how out of touch I am with everybody else. I saw that whole episode, and thought it was great.

Offline starvenger

« Reply #248 on: September 24, 2014, 11:13:52 PM »
Starvenger

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #249 on: September 25, 2014, 03:31:27 AM »

Thank God. Nurse Jackie films all the time on my block and blocks off the streets making the horrible NYC parking situation even worse.

DTF