Author Topic: Breakfast for dinner?  (Read 3858 times)

Description:

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Breakfast for dinner?
« on: April 03, 2009, 01:44:08 PM »
I'm a huge breakfast for dinner guy. Just tonight we had hash, scrambled eggs, bacon and toast for dinner. It's quick and it's filling! I LURVE IT!!!

I'm dying to one day do a steak and eggs "breakfast for dinner" or maybe a huevos rancheros one! :P

Offline Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 01:50:49 PM »
Hell yes, I do.  We plan a breakfast for dinner every now and then and replicate our big weekend breakfasts.  Typically, we have:

Scrambled Eggs
Bacon
Fried Potatoes
Biscuits
Gravy

Every now and then we will have ham or sausage as well.
Oh Dandy...you came and you gave without taking!

Offline Dad Rock

• Alfie
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 02:11:51 PM »
No, but I eat (a full English) breakfast for lunch sometimes.
met this fat girl (not a huge whale or anything but like 25-26 BMI) at a club in like,,, 2008....shes cool, not my type but giant hooters....we start drinkin gettin real faded, and she takes me out to her car to smoke some dro.....im high as fuck and point blank shes just like "hey man i am down to blow you........" im like whatever and we try but my dick wasnt workin cuz i was so faded and this fuckin weed she had was like....fuck i just couldnt get my head in the game..but im rico suave and i get her digits and she texts me her address the next day and says "come over to get ur cock sucked and blow a load in my perm"

so i roll up and her roommate answers the door, i ask if her roomies around and she says "oh....she DIED TEN YEARS AGO THIS VERY DAY...."

Offline Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 02:12:42 PM »
What's that, an English muffin with some figs or some shit?

Offline Dad Rock

• Alfie
met this fat girl (not a huge whale or anything but like 25-26 BMI) at a club in like,,, 2008....shes cool, not my type but giant hooters....we start drinkin gettin real faded, and she takes me out to her car to smoke some dro.....im high as fuck and point blank shes just like "hey man i am down to blow you........" im like whatever and we try but my dick wasnt workin cuz i was so faded and this fuckin weed she had was like....fuck i just couldnt get my head in the game..but im rico suave and i get her digits and she texts me her address the next day and says "come over to get ur cock sucked and blow a load in my perm"

so i roll up and her roommate answers the door, i ask if her roomies around and she says "oh....she DIED TEN YEARS AGO THIS VERY DAY...."

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 02:15:16 PM »
Not usually but there are exceptions depending on my mood.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex

Offline Dad Rock

• Alfie
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 02:36:04 PM »
Yeah, I hate the taste of tomato.

Offline oldskool

• DO IT with your female best friend ROCKAPELLA
  • CXF Writer
  • oldskool
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 02:48:54 PM »
Breakfast for dinner is good.

What's really good, though, is dessert for breakfast. You can get out of bed any time you like when there's dessert for breakfast.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 03:32:08 PM »
I wish we had a JITB or a Sonic around these parts.  Several times I'd like to go out and get a breakfast sandwich for dinner.  24-hour breakfast at McDonald's was rumored briefly, but never came to fruition.
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 03:49:14 PM »
Oh yes, for quite a while I would make nothing but hash browns, steaks or hot links, scrambled eggs... or a chili omelette depending on my mood and biscuits for dinner. This lasted for a month and I'll make it at least twice a weak now.

Offline Cipher

• Little. Brown. Different.
  • Worst Case Scenario
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 04:35:57 PM »
I loves the brinner. I tear through the waffles and microwave sausage (I'm lazy) like nobody's bidness.

Six seasons and a movie!

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 05:02:24 PM »
When I was growing up breakfast for dinner was done a lot. Personally, I pay no attention to time where food is concerned. If I want a waffle at night and I'm hungry, then it all adds up.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 03:25:53 AM »
Agreed. Also, more restaurants need to adopt an all day breakfast motto and abandon that "until 11am" bollocks!

Offline The Real DXP

• daileyxplanet
    • TrevorTwitter
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 03:49:07 AM »
I will eat breakfast foods anytime of the day. iHop or Denny's FTW.

Offline Rendclaw

• Frankly my dear... eh, you know the rest.
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 03:56:40 AM »
I wish we had a JITB or a Sonic around these parts.  Several times I'd like to go out and get a breakfast sandwich for dinner.  24-hour breakfast at McDonald's was rumored briefly, but never came to fruition.

That's a shock to me, alf... there are no less than four McD's in my area that run 24/7. Six, to be exact.

To stick with the topic, my gf and I had breakfast for dinner last night while we were doing laundry.... sausage biscuit and has browns for me, two breakfast burrito wraps and a mocha joe for her.

And I will take iHOP over Denny's any day of the week. Denny's is too middle of the road, food-wise, although their burgers aren't that bad.

Offline Adam

• The Franchise

Offline Psycho Penguin

• Mitch Richmond > Michael Jordan
    • Twitter
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 04:11:43 AM »
I absolutely adore breakfast at any time of the day. Plus, as a diabetic who has to watch the carb intake, eggs and sausage/bacon is a healthy alternative!

Offline Justice and Rule

• Dangle-Dangle
  • Nightwing
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2009, 04:17:18 AM »
When I was at college, there was a 24 Hour Truck Stop diner we used to go to all the time. Midnight breakfasts were always good.

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2009, 04:35:47 AM »
Agreed. Also, more restaurants need to adopt an all day breakfast motto and abandon that "until 11am" bollocks!
Shit, we don't even get that. It's usually 10:30. At least we have a Sonic now though.

Offline CookieMueller

• CXF Writer
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2009, 04:52:46 AM »

And I will take iHOP over Denny's any day of the week. Denny's is too middle of the road, food-wise, although their burgers aren't that bad.

If I'm eating breakfast, I won't even consider Denny's over IHOP unless I'm extremely broke, in which case I should just eat at home. But IHOP's "other" food is pretty poor. Denny's lunch/dinner/after drinking food is miles above IHOP. When I was a teenager I loved those Oreo milkshakes they had, but I don't think they have them anymore.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2009, 07:28:52 AM »
Shit, we don't even get that. It's usually 10:30. At least we have a Sonic now though.
We're always seeing Sonic commercials on American TV stations up here... must visit one the next time I'm down there!

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2009, 07:40:52 AM »
I'm more of a dinner for breakfast person

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2009, 11:22:23 AM »
What would one call Waffle House after the bar closes since you didn't eat anything since lunch? Late, late dinner?

Danny Dubya

Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 11:44:58 AM »
I'm more of a dinner for breakfast person
So am I, if the dinner is pizza.

I loves me some french toast, any time of day.

Offline The Real DXP

• daileyxplanet
    • TrevorTwitter
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2009, 11:45:31 AM »
I would call that breakfast.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 11:52:20 AM »
I frequently regret the fact that I don't live close to any Waffle Houses.  A place where you can get a meal of grits, hash, bacon and mashed potatoes any time of day for under 10 bucks is utopia

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2009, 01:41:00 AM »
Waffle House and the food we eat at large (minus the disgusting random "hey, let's fry something that's never been fried before!") are the ONLY things I'm proud of as a Southerner. We know how to eat down here, bo.

Offline Rendclaw

• Frankly my dear... eh, you know the rest.
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2009, 02:15:49 AM »
Cracker Barrel is a much better alternative to Waffle House, for sure.

Shit, I haven't seen a Waffle House since I went to Springfield MO to bring my gf home.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2009, 02:18:29 AM »
I've never eaten at a cracker barrel, but there must be a reason it's seemingly the restaurant of choice for pro wrestlers

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2009, 04:28:54 AM »
Best biscuits I've ever had were at a Cracker Barrel outside of Spartanburg, SC.

Offline Vitamin X

Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2009, 04:34:21 AM »
Waffle House and the food we eat at large (minus the disgusting random "hey, let's fry something that's never been fried before!") are the ONLY things I'm proud of as a Southerner. We know how to eat down here, bo.
This is so damn true. Southern cuisine just about takes the cake (no pun intended- besides Southerners would rather fry the whole damn thing first) in terms of what American culinary traditions have to offer.

Offline CookieMueller

• CXF Writer
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2009, 06:13:45 AM »
Cracker Barrel is relatively cheap. Cheaper than IHOP for breakfast. I don't eat meat, so I don't go there much for dinner, but their biscuits and mashed potatoes are good.

Offline GAYGENT OF OBLIVION

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2009, 10:05:26 AM »
I find I don't eat breakfast foods very often, but when I do, it's almost always later in the day.

Offline Czech

• Boardrunner Emeritus
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2009, 10:59:57 AM »
No. I don't like breakfast for dinner. I'm not crazy about most breakfast food, other than Belgian waffles or Swedish pancakes or stuff you get at restaurants. (Not IHOP, though. Jesus.) Also, I don't get as jazzed about McDonald's breakfast as the rest of the world, I guess. I don't come from a household that believes in extravagant breakfasts, extravagant meaning "more involved than Raisin Bran with skim milk," so I never really developed a deep affinity for all that home-cooked stuff, your eggs and bacon and French toast and microwaved pancakes and so forth. I tried doing the huge breakfast thing freshman year of college and I got really burned out on it. It stopped being a Special Treat when I could have hash browns almost any morning instead of maybe once every month or two when my grandparents took me to breakfast on a Sunday morning or something. Part of the problem is that I find syrup to be rather disgusting, which you can easily work around with the B.W.s and S.P.s, but not so much with the rest.  So for dinner, I'd rather just have a nice piece of fish or baked chicken or something like that.

Cracker Barrel's awful. I told my Cracker Barrel story already, and it's the only one I have, but I guess I'll retell it. We're on the way down to Memphis for vacation and we stopped at the one in Mattoon (hometown of overrated sports gossip blog founder Will Leitch) for lunch. I ordered a barbecue pork sandwich and there was about a tablespoon of meat on some white bread. It was the most insulting thing I've ever ordered in a restaurant, especially because their stupid fucking menu has all this downhome slack-jawed bullshit about "why I do declare if you reckon you don't see fit to gobble up these heapin' helpin's we're fixin', why, don't you worry your little heart out, we'll pack it right up so you can polish that off any time you like." Fuck you for life, Cracker Barrel. Rednecks eat there.

Offline Cheech Tremendous

• Smokin' butts with my girl
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2009, 11:41:21 AM »
Ha!  Mrs. Tremendous and I stopped at a Cracker Barrel once out in Montana.  We left after reading the menu. 

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2009, 04:51:30 PM »
I enjoy it but don't make a habit of it. Our Easter Dinner was actually breakfast food and it was good, but I'm actually the guy that goes to a local eatery on the weekend that specialize in the "breakfast all day!" tag and wish we had gone just a bit later so I could order their clubhouse instead.

W/r/t Cracker Barrel, a pal of mine suggested we stop there on one of our road trips and we thought it was fine, but I had whatever their special of the day was and ended up with a cheaply priced turkey dinner that was good. I was a little less impressed when the following year's road trip included breakfast there.

Offline Star Ocean 3

• Star Ocean 2
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2009, 04:24:46 AM »
Bless Jack in the Box for serving breakfast all day. Why can't all fast food do this? Is it really that hard to just leave the sausage patties out and cook them later in the day? You need to stop serving them at a certain time?

Offline Wizard of Maz

Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2009, 04:44:29 AM »
Czech your mistake was getting a sandwich. I've always had a good experience at Cracker Barrel. Hell, when my ex and I got stranded in Raleigh because Chicago was shut down because of weather we got the airline to comp us a room and there was a Cracker Barrel right next door.

We decided to eat there, and the waiter told our story to the manager who gave us free ice cream because they didn't want us thinking poorly of North Carolina.

Sure it's folksy as fuck, but damnit, I love Fried Okra.

Offline Vitamin X

Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2009, 05:00:56 AM »
Bless Jack in the Box for serving breakfast all day. Why can't all fast food do this? Is it really that hard to just leave the sausage patties out and cook them later in the day? You need to stop serving them at a certain time?
I think it has more to do with the cost effectiveness of selling eggs that long. That said, breakfast should really be extended to include lunch hours. Some of us are more nocturnal than others. Until 2pm seems reasonable, until 10am is nearly fascist.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2009, 05:52:22 AM »
Yes, I am a fan.

Usually scrambled eggs (cause I'm still 10 according to my ex), sausage patties, toast, maybe some hash browns, and some vitamin D milk.

Although I work longer days than I used to, so I usually don't have the time or energy to make it anymore.

Offline Jaxxxson Mayhem

• If I told you cocaine numbers you would think I was lyin'
  • WWWYKI
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2009, 08:59:21 AM »
Ha!  Mrs. Tremendous and I stopped at a Cracker Barrel once out in Montana.  We left after reading the menu. 

I really hope you actually call her "Mrs. Tremendous" in real life conversations.  It would be all kinds of awesome.

Offline Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
Breakfast for dinner?
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2009, 09:02:38 AM »
I call her that all the time.