Author Topic: NXT  (Read 56775 times)

Description: Ignite the future!

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
Re: NXT
« Reply #900 on: May 30, 2015, 07:21:49 AM »
I love how NXT treats the women wrestlers as *wrestlers* and not just eye candy. It's a nice refreshing change of pace.

And now, here's Sasha Banks in a bikini:

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #901 on: May 30, 2015, 07:33:21 AM »
Sasha Banks has surprised me by how great she is in the ring, and she seems to have tremendous charisma. She's also the White-est Black athlete since Aaron Williams.

Online Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #902 on: May 30, 2015, 02:04:46 PM »
I know they haven't really given him much to work with but I've been pretty underwhelmed by Solomon Crowe thus far especially with how everyone raved about how good Sami Callihan was on the indies. He also seemed promising with the few matches I caught of his on YouTube.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #903 on: May 30, 2015, 02:06:35 PM »
Yeah so is he purposefully making his voice sound that gravelly or is that his real voice? I can't stand it, reminds me too much of Bale trying to sound menacing as Batman.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #904 on: May 30, 2015, 03:31:13 PM »
His voice is extremely raspy.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #905 on: May 31, 2015, 03:50:29 PM »
I love how NXT treats the women wrestlers as *wrestlers* and not just eye candy. It's a nice refreshing change of pace.

And now, here's Sasha Banks in a bikini:

Good Lord.

Online Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #906 on: June 01, 2015, 07:20:57 AM »
So now that Owens is more or less a main roster mainstay now, who does he inevitably drop the NXT title to? Obviously it could be Joe but don't forget Balor is #1 contender and they already jobbed him out to Owens in a title match.

Or it could be Bull Dempsey.

• Laz
« Reply #907 on: June 01, 2015, 07:23:59 AM »
I could see it going to Joe and then to Balor. Or, maybe even better, keep him on NXT until Zayn returns and have Zayn get the belt back before Owens goes main roster full-time. Add a "loser leaves NXT" stip to it that they can then use once Zayn goes up to the main roster and they reignite their feud.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #908 on: June 01, 2015, 07:42:18 AM »
There is no reason why Owens (or anyone for that matter) can't stay on NXT and still be on the main roster.

NXT films weeks of television in a single night. You make room for that and then they can work the Raw/Smackdown/NXT traveling shows for the rest of the month.

DTF

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 01, 2015, 08:28:19 AM »
That picture of Kevin Steen and El Generico in Laz's sig makes me realize that Kevin Owens has wanted to murder Sami Zayn for a long time.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #910 on: June 03, 2015, 11:16:29 AM »
For those of you not watching NXT right now (shame on you), Adam Rose randomly decided to give Tyler Breeze a Hadouken in the middle of the match.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #911 on: June 03, 2015, 11:20:58 AM »
Oh man, Eva Marie segment... So brutally awkward.
Show loose women what I'm workin' with.

Online KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #912 on: June 03, 2015, 11:23:14 AM »
Adam Rose and Emma need to start a support group of NXT stars that have had their souls sucked out by being on the main roster.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #913 on: June 03, 2015, 11:23:25 AM »
Whoa Balor vs Owens live from Japan on 7/4! That means we'll see Lesnar/Kofi too!

Online KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #914 on: June 03, 2015, 11:37:19 AM »
I really fucking hate this Greg guy.  So of course he's gonna be the new Cole and take over RAW announcing duties.

On the flip side, Evil Alexa Bliss is my JAM.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #915 on: June 03, 2015, 01:43:32 PM »
So that Eva segment was extra weird.  It clearly was spliced footage and reactions with an empty arena interview.  How do they expect her to improve?
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Online JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #916 on: June 03, 2015, 01:45:45 PM »
So that Eva segment was extra weird.  It clearly was spliced footage and reactions with an empty arena interview.  How do they expect her to improve?
As long as she still gives amazing blow jobs to the right people, she doesn't have to?

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #917 on: June 03, 2015, 02:38:42 PM »

I guess I wasn't paying enough attention... it was?

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #918 on: June 03, 2015, 03:19:59 PM »
I didn't see it, but the spoilers I read said they did it live, and she got booed out of the building. Like, complete Xpac heat.

If Baby Shoes is right, that may be why.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #919 on: June 03, 2015, 03:23:16 PM »
Maybe that's why.  To me, it seemed like a pretape that they edited in crowd shots and boos.  Maybe the real footage was unusable so they reshot.  That's how I felt because there was a conscious effort to not show the crowd and use really tight shots on her promo.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #920 on: June 03, 2015, 03:26:22 PM »
Given that they can edit sound post-production, it speaks to how bad the crowd's reaction was if they couldn't use any of her footage.

Offline timmy8271

« Reply #921 on: June 03, 2015, 03:51:39 PM »

It was brutal to watch live. She had to wait a couple minutes to talk cause the crowd was just booing her out of the building. Just embarrassing all around. She also seemed to forget her lines because she was so flustered.

Online KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #922 on: June 03, 2015, 05:02:15 PM »
She's got a giant hill to climb to even approach respectability.  She is pretty much the epitome of what fans of NXT hate about women in WWE.  At least Nikki Bella has shown she can have decent matches.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #923 on: June 04, 2015, 01:57:59 AM »
Can't wait until she wins the NXT Womens title after giving Sasha a Sliced Bread #2.

DTF

Offline pujoljunkie

• Old Navy / Diet Snapple Publishing Group
  • CXF Writer
  • PujolJunkie
« Reply #924 on: June 04, 2015, 01:43:02 PM »
Booing Eva Marie seems weird. She's clearly working her ass off with Kendrick, and it's not like she's sucking up a ton of TV time or anything.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #925 on: June 04, 2015, 01:59:09 PM »
She's symbolic of everything wrong with women's wrestling in WWE, and Full Sail is spoiled by regularly seeing women who can actually work, have defined characters, logical motivations, etc. The last time she wrestled in front of that crowd, she got booed out of the building.

She'll have to win them over and prove that she's at least competent and not really really bad at wrestling.

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #926 on: June 04, 2015, 02:06:55 PM »
She's symbolic of everything wrong with women's wrestling in WWE, and Full Sail is spoiled by regularly seeing women who can actually work, have defined characters, logical motivations, etc. The last time she wrestled in front of that crowd, she got booed out of the building.

She'll have to win them over and prove that she's at least competent and not really really bad at wrestling.

Instead of having her come out and talk, they should have gotten her to a point she was passable in the ring and book a match in a way that she can win over the crowd with her improvements. It could be some heel saying "I want a new challenge" and when Eve comes out the heel can be like "ha, wtf" and then Eve can surprise her with something impressive. She doesn't have to win the match, but it can earn her some respect.

I'm not sure if she is at that level (doubtful) or how long it would take to get there, but that should be the goal.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 7 IS HERE!

Buy my novel, Accounting For Glory, now in paperback!

I made a silly Disney Parks RPG. You should check it out here!

Apparently Artistic - See my dubious attempts at making art.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #927 on: June 05, 2015, 04:46:59 AM »
The Eva Marie thing is the kind of shit that NXT needs to stop doing. They're better than that and honestly they should've known better than to send out someone like her in front of that crowd to cut a nervous promo.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #928 on: June 05, 2015, 07:12:06 AM »
I don't disagree, but this goes back to the debate over what NXT is-developmental or glorious smark indie dream fed.

Like, the latest rumors have the following people attending tryouts:

Taeler Hendrix
Andrea (Rosie Lottalove)
Johnny Gargano
Biff Buisick
Candace LeRae
Jessika Havok
KENTUCKY GENTLEMAN CHUCK TAYLOR

What if one or all of them gets signed? Where does that leave NXT as a developmental system if HHH is going to just sign the best of the indies and immediately put them on TV?

• Laz
« Reply #929 on: June 05, 2015, 07:24:35 AM »
You're acting like none of them need improvement.

Taeler Hendrix - Meh.
Andrea (Rosie Lottalove) - Her biggest claim to fame is being a bigger girl and nearly ending Daffney's career.
Johnny Gargano - Very overrated by indie fans. Solid at chain wrestling but in the "this is clearly choreographed" manner.
Biff Busick - Shows a lot of versatility but has yet to have a truly stand-out performance.
Candace LeRae - Okay, yes, sign her up. She's got the look and the talent to be a star.
Jessika Havok - Definite potential.
KENTUCKY GENTLEMAN CHUCK TAYLOR - All he'll ever do in WWE is be a solid midcard comedy gimmick, and I say that as a fan of his.

Offline LaParkaYourCar

• Chairman of the Bored
  • CXF Writer
  • I'm BACK!
    • Twitter
« Reply #930 on: June 05, 2015, 07:36:48 AM »
I don't disagree, but this goes back to the debate over what NXT is-developmental or glorious smark indie dream fed.

Like, the latest rumors have the following people attending tryouts:

Taeler Hendrix
Andrea (Rosie Lottalove)
Johnny Gargano
Biff Buisick
Candace LeRae
Jessika Havok
KENTUCKY GENTLEMAN CHUCK TAYLOR

What if one or all of them gets signed? Where does that leave NXT as a developmental system if HHH is going to just sign the best of the indies and immediately put them on TV?

Awww shit, Chuck Taylor in WWE? He'll have a whole front row full of kids to scare the crap out of.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PaulDMatthews78
Read my old-school wrestling review blog here: http://culturecrossfire.com/author/laparkamycar/
Like and follow the Facebook page for my blog here: https://www.facebook.com/ClassicWrestlingReview
Check out my t-shirt store here: https://www.redbubble.com/people/PaulMatthews78

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #931 on: June 05, 2015, 07:53:10 AM »
We'll also have seen the end of the Awful Waffle  :(

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #932 on: June 05, 2015, 08:15:06 AM »

It's a fine developmental system. You don't have to put people on the Network in order to develop them. If they sign someone who is developed enough to be on TV, but maybe not someone they want to put on the main roster, go ahead and put them on NXT. If they sign someone that needs work, let them get work. Dark matches, house shows, training, whatever. A company like WWE doesn't need to be putting on Jackie Gayda-like matches on TV EVER. They have too much established talent that should be getting that TV or Network time.

A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 7 IS HERE!

Buy my novel, Accounting For Glory, now in paperback!

I made a silly Disney Parks RPG. You should check it out here!

Apparently Artistic - See my dubious attempts at making art.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Online KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #933 on: June 05, 2015, 08:23:21 AM »
I kind of look at it like a minor league baseball system.  NXT TV is AAA where people who are TV ready are given time to sharpen their skills while allowing WWE talent that has kind of faltered to go down and work on something new (examples being Tyson Kidd and Emma).  The Florida house shows are AA (getting their feet wet in front of live crowds) and the Performance Center is A ball (basics and fundamentals).

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #934 on: June 05, 2015, 08:30:47 AM »
KENTUCKY GENTLEMAN CHUCK TAYLOR - All he'll ever do in WWE is be a solid midcard comedy gimmick, and I say that as a fan of his.

There's a lot worse ways to make a living.
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

Offline LaParkaYourCar

• Chairman of the Bored
  • CXF Writer
  • I'm BACK!
    • Twitter
« Reply #935 on: June 05, 2015, 08:39:42 AM »

It's a fine developmental system. You don't have to put people on the Network in order to develop them. If they sign someone who is developed enough to be on TV, but maybe not someone they want to put on the main roster, go ahead and put them on NXT. If they sign someone that needs work, let them get work. Dark matches, house shows, training, whatever. A company like WWE doesn't need to be putting on Jackie Gayda-like matches on TV EVER. They have too much established talent that should be getting that TV or Network time.

I like what they're doing. They're basically filling NXT with a wide variety of new stars, old stars, and indy talent, so that everyone there gets a well rounded training. The old stars and indy talent can help mold the new talent, while also getting themselves ready for TV. It's like a perfect storm.
Read my old-school wrestling review blog here: http://culturecrossfire.com/author/laparkamycar/
Like and follow the Facebook page for my blog here: https://www.facebook.com/ClassicWrestlingReview
Check out my t-shirt store here: https://www.redbubble.com/people/PaulMatthews78

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #936 on: June 05, 2015, 08:44:05 AM »
Plus they're finally moving away from the dreadful "WWE style".

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #937 on: June 05, 2015, 08:51:17 AM »

I like what they're doing. They're basically filling NXT with a wide variety of new stars, old stars, and indy talent, so that everyone there gets a well rounded training. The old stars and indy talent can help mold the new talent, while also getting themselves ready for TV. It's like a perfect storm.

Yeah, this is about right, along with KingPK.

I'm not saying that they need to put on Jackie Gayda-like matches, but the thing is, Eva isn't going to get any better without being put in front of a live crowd. Which is the point of developmental.

I've also read interviews where HHH has said that NXT serves a dual purpose of not only being developmental, but also a place where guys who are talented, but will never make it to the main roster as long as Vince is around can work. I love NXT, I just worry with that dual purpose it's going to be a situation where there's a good crop of guys who are coming straight from the performance centre aren't able to get TV time because the top card of NXT is so loaded.

Still, having a super-deep NXT roster is like, the best problem to have.

As an aside, I'm also pretty sure that HHH has a file on every name indie wrestler with at least one idea for their booking. Like, the Young Bucks have a file card that just reads "Double Superkick Alex Riley for 6 months straight"

Offline LaParkaYourCar

• Chairman of the Bored
  • CXF Writer
  • I'm BACK!
    • Twitter
« Reply #938 on: June 05, 2015, 08:57:07 AM »

Yeah, this is about right, along with KingPK.

I'm not saying that they need to put on Jackie Gayda-like matches, but the thing is, Eva isn't going to get any better without being put in front of a live crowd. Which is the point of developmental.

I've also read interviews where HHH has said that NXT serves a dual purpose of not only being developmental, but also a place where guys who are talented, but will never make it to the main roster as long as Vince is around can work. I love NXT, I just worry with that dual purpose it's going to be a situation where there's a good crop of guys who are coming straight from the performance centre aren't able to get TV time because the top card of NXT is so loaded.

Still, having a super-deep NXT roster is like, the best problem to have.

As an aside, I'm also pretty sure that HHH has a file on every name indie wrestler with at least one idea for their booking. Like, the Young Bucks have a file card that just reads "Double Superkick Alex Riley for 6 months straight"

That makes me even more excited for when Triple H takes over, because we know he'll give guys and girls a chance that Vince never would.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #939 on: June 05, 2015, 09:02:38 AM »
I think the existence of guys like the Vaudvillians prove that in spades. There is no way Vince gets why that gimmick is funny and rad.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #940 on: June 05, 2015, 11:16:00 AM »
Candice LeRae is a perfect example of a top indie talent that will only improve in NXT. Please sign her.

DTF

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #941 on: June 05, 2015, 11:26:41 AM »
I'm excited for the HHH era too, but guys like Michael Hayes being around still worry me.

Also as long as rat-fink woodchuck Kevin Dunn is around things could get shitty.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Online JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #942 on: June 05, 2015, 11:29:56 AM »
When Vince goes, Dunn's the first one to follow him so he doesn't worry me.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #943 on: June 05, 2015, 11:31:05 AM »
I'm excited for the HHH era too, but guys like Michael Hayes being around still worry me.

Also as long as rat-fink woodchuck Kevin Dunn is around things could get shitty.

Pretty sure HHH for the last couple of years has been building a rocket so he can fire Kevin Dunn into the sun.

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #944 on: June 05, 2015, 12:01:09 PM »
They're just going to use the rocket they used to get Reigns over.

They're gonna need a new rocket...

Offline LaParkaYourCar

• Chairman of the Bored
  • CXF Writer
  • I'm BACK!
    • Twitter
« Reply #945 on: June 05, 2015, 12:04:57 PM »
I like that Havok is getting a tryout as well. She would be a good way to move away from the typical Divas of the main roster.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #946 on: June 05, 2015, 12:12:04 PM »
They've also got The Rock's cousin under a developmental contract, who isn't the typical look:

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/05/the-rocks-leather-clad-cousin-lina-made-her-in-ring-debut-at-an-nxt-live-event/

Offline LaParkaYourCar

• Chairman of the Bored
  • CXF Writer
  • I'm BACK!
    • Twitter
« Reply #947 on: June 05, 2015, 12:20:59 PM »
They've also got The Rock's cousin under a developmental contract, who isn't the typical look:

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/05/the-rocks-leather-clad-cousin-lina-made-her-in-ring-debut-at-an-nxt-live-event/

Why do I have this feeling Havok and Lina will be teamed up in NXT if Havok gets signed?

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 05, 2015, 01:41:02 PM »
HHH has denied that he's being prepped to take over the company and Vince has said maybe the company will fall into the hands of an outside source one day.

Ted Turner presents WWE Rasslin'!

Offline LaParkaYourCar

• Chairman of the Bored
  • CXF Writer
  • I'm BACK!
    • Twitter
« Reply #949 on: June 05, 2015, 03:53:01 PM »
HHH has denied that he's being prepped to take over the company and Vince has said maybe the company will fall into the hands of an outside source one day.

Ted Turner presents WWE Rasslin'!

Well, with the success Triple H has had with NXT, I'm hoping Vince will change his mind if that's the case. An outside source might run the thing into the ground. Besides that sounds like a smoke screen, because the jobs Triple H and Stephanie have taken in the company sure seems like they're the ones taking over after Vince retires.

EDIT: Besides, what I really mean by take over is full creative control. Everything is ran through Vince still for the main roster. I'm not talking the business side of things. I'm talking more the booking.