Author Topic: Candy.  (Read 13761 times)

Description:

Offline oldskool

• DO IT with your female best friend ROCKAPELLA
  • CXF Writer
  • oldskool
Candy.
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2011, 09:24:54 AM »
don't define it, tell him what it is!

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Candy.
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2011, 09:27:25 AM »
Is it pronounced Whore Hound?

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
Candy.
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2011, 10:04:33 AM »
Yes. And I know what it is because my dad has TEN POUNDS of it. I'm just asking if anyone else is familiar with it.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
Candy.
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2011, 10:35:17 AM »
I wasn't asking for a definition.
Does anyone know what horehound candy is?

If I want to read something copy and pasted from two seconds of Googling, I'll go to one of Brody's mystery threads.

hahaha.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
Candy.
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2011, 11:32:48 AM »

it looks like licorice blunt wraps I am intrigued

• Poster of the Year
Candy.
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2011, 02:13:44 PM »
Maybe they could be smoked. The version my dad got was like gum drops.

I wasn't asking for a definition.
Does anyone know what horehound candy is?

I'm just asking if anyone else is familiar with it.

Offline GAYGENT OF OBLIVION

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
Candy.
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2011, 11:33:10 PM »
Horehound kicks ass. They got it at K-Mart in those hokey plastic barrels with old-timey hard candy in white bags that have pictures of barrels on them.

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
Candy.
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2011, 07:05:11 AM »

Heaven

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
Candy.
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2011, 10:48:14 AM »
Had to jog my memory on what circus peanuts looked like and this picture summed it up.

With that said, I recently discovered my love for two candies... The first I think I may've gotten in different packaging (Cow Tails related?).  The second a friend of my Dad's would give us a box size of them and I could live off those things forever.

• Poster of the Year
Candy.
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2011, 12:40:29 AM »
Chocolate covered...gummi bears?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Candy.
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2011, 05:57:16 AM »
Covered here and there and everywhere. High flavour content that's beyond compare.

Offline CanadianGuitarist

Candy.
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2011, 06:23:58 AM »
I've made myself sick on Peanut Butter M&M's a number of times. They're delicious.

I got sick off these in consecutive weekends in 2000, after eating a whole bag each time. I've had maybe five since (brownies, not bags). I would rather be hungover than sick from Two-Bite brownies, and it's not even close. Still, motherfuckers are delicious.

• KOAB
Candy.
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2011, 07:53:40 AM »
I've made myself sick on Peanut Butter M&M's a number of times. They're delicious.

I got sick off these in consecutive weekends in 2000, after eating a whole bag each time. I've had maybe five since (brownies, not bags). I would rather be hungover than sick from Two-Bite brownies, and it's not even close. Still, motherfuckers are delicious.

I'm glad I've never seen these as I'm sure I would of eaten 2-4 bags during some of my "altered state" of mind.

Offline CanadianGuitarist

Candy.
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2011, 10:03:09 AM »

I'm glad I've never seen these as I'm sure I would of eaten 2-4 bags during some of my "altered state" of mind.

"Two-bite" is extremely debatable, as I'm sure I had at least half of them in one gulp. Surely, that had no bearing on my being sick.

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
Candy.
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2011, 11:26:46 AM »
I have had many chocolate covered gummy bears, as they jive with my love of all things gummy. Though I believe the chocolate used on the ones I had was not that great. I would have rather had a hard exterior with a gummy center than the all over bounciness of what I tried.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 7 IS HERE!

Buy my novel, Accounting For Glory, now in paperback!

I made a silly Disney Parks RPG. You should check it out here!

Apparently Artistic - See my dubious attempts at making art.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline foleyfanforever88

Candy.
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2011, 12:45:06 PM »
I bought a bag of chocolate-covered gummy bears once. They were not good.

• KOAB
Candy.
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2011, 01:12:27 PM »
Now I wanna try some deep fried chocolate covered gummy bears.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
Re: Candy.
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2014, 12:51:17 PM »

these things are fucking awesome.  I could eat them......like candy

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2014, 11:51:06 PM »
Matches your sig

FRANCHIZE

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2014, 10:35:29 AM »
I worked at a candy shop like 5 years ago. They had some weird shit. White chocolate covered gummi bears were pretty good though.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2014, 10:59:46 AM »
I miss the damn candy shop in the mall where you could go in and fill your own bag of stuff and it was sold by weight. Found one randomly in downtown San Antonio last July but was in the midst of hardcore dieting.

Offline Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
  • Sometimes A Friend is Worth A Billion Dollars
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2014, 11:29:43 AM »
I can think of three places off the top of my head that do that within a 30 minute drive of me. None of them are in the mall though.

Two of them are two doors away from each other in Old Orchard Beach (sort of trashy but sort of gentrifying beach resort town 30 minutes outside of Portland) and I think they're both ice cream parlors too. I always buy candy cigarettes even though they aren't good or even that interesting since I can still find them twenty years after people told me "Better buy these before they get banned!" It's like eating a bunch of mini Fun Dip Sticks without the benefit of actually having Fun Dip!

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2014, 04:00:21 PM »
That's the kind of place I worked at. It was like advertised as $4.99/lb. or something and everyone for some weird reason thought that meant you could just fill a bag and it would be $4.99. When they cried about it, we couldn't put the candy (even if it was wrapped) back on the shelf so all of my friends ate so much candy that summer from me taking all the reject candy home. After a week, I was sick of candy so I'd just bring bags of gummy bears and caramels etc whenever I hung out with someone.

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2014, 09:58:27 AM »
There is a candy shop like that in my town.  Huge wooden barrels of candy, and they used to let people sample anything from certain barrels but I think it got abused so much that now it is limited to 2 total samples.  The place has some amazing candy.

I remember as a kid going to one of those "Sweet Factory" joints in the mall, only to realize what a ripoff they are.

Also not sure if I mentioned it already in this thread but when I was a kid and Cookies & Cream Hershey bars first debuted, it was like crack in my neighborhood.
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2016, 04:59:16 PM »

I bought all three because I'm a sap.

Chili: Tastes just like a regular peanut M&M at first but then there's tiny peppery tickle in the back of your throat. 1/10
Honey: Too sweet. Doesn't really even taste like honey. Just... more sugar? 3/10
Coffee: Easily the best of the bunch, but I'm not sure I'd buy them over peanut M&M's and def. not over peanut butter. Maybe better than plain? But then, I just kinda hate plain M&M's. Doesn't really taste like coffee, more like bitter chocolate. 5/10

Offline oldskool

• DO IT with your female best friend ROCKAPELLA
  • CXF Writer
  • oldskool
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2016, 05:25:09 PM »
Every one of them left an aftertaste for exactly one M&M and then after that I couldn't taste the difference between any of them and regular peanut M&Ms. Chili ones were good for a one-off kick (to be fair I never eat anything spicy), but the coffee ones just made me wish I was eating chocolate covered coffee beans instead. Honey ones were OK but tek's right, there's zero honey-related flavor in them.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2016, 02:23:31 PM »

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2018, 10:28:24 AM »
Bumping this old thread since Reese's Pieces have replaced Peanut M&Ms as my Theater go to for the last year and a half. Pretty sure they've definitely cracked my Top 5 now and are damn near crack for me.