Author Topic: Candy.  (Read 11298 times)

Description:

Online Former Faithless Fool

• KOAB
Candy.
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2009, 09:41:51 AM »
cookie dough bites are delicious.

Offline fazzle

Candy.
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 10:43:19 AM »
Candy Corn is fucking vile disgusting bullshit.  The only "candy" that comes close to it is that horrible orange and black wrapped shit that crazy old bitches give away on Halloween.  I dunno what that shit is called, or why you never see it anytime other than Halloween night, other than the fact that even the manufacturers know that it's horrible bullshit candy that nobody with more than 3 goddamned tastebuds would think is appetizing.

• KOAB
Candy.
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2009, 11:28:29 AM »
I enjoyed candy corn as a child but I can't even look at it now.

What's the most disgusting candy you guys have come across? To me... there's nothing worse than those Mexican suckers I used to see kids all the time having throughout elementary and middle school. Take a really sticky, super sweet artificially flavored fruit, shaped just like the fruit... and then dip it into a horrendous amount of chili powder... sickening.

Offline Czech

• Boardrunner Emeritus
Candy.
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2009, 02:04:00 PM »
"Mexican suckers" sounds disturbingly venereal.

Worst candy I've ever had the misfortune of consuming was something called a "Violet." I've been over this one in the Bad Candy thread (which really, we should just import over here). It's a chalky little thing about two-thirds the size of a Starburst, or four times the size of a Pez. Anyway, that's how they're wrapped. Someone somewhere decided there was a market for candy that tasted like flowers, and they really didn't taste like they were meant to be eaten, it was that alien a taste to the world of candy.

Offline Dolfan483

• New Poster Who Should Be Posting
Candy.
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2009, 11:42:04 PM »
Im going to try and post on as many topics as possible on this site, and im also trying to single handedly resurrect the other TSM board. Anyway, My favorite candy is probably the neon sour gummy worms that they sell in the movie theatre. Im a big guy so usually when i go see a move i buy at least 2 boxes. Sure there 4 bucks a box, but they keep me satisfied during the movie.

Matt Young

Candy.
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2009, 02:40:44 AM »
I enjoyed candy corn as a child but I can't even look at it now.

What's the most disgusting candy you guys have come across? To me... there's nothing worse than those Mexican suckers I used to see kids all the time having throughout elementary and middle school. Take a really sticky, super sweet artificially flavored fruit, shaped just like the fruit... and then dip it into a horrendous amount of chili powder... sickening.

What about the powder shit that "like an ice cream truck without the ice cream or the truck" carts-with-horns operators sell?  That stuff is vile.

And yes, that first sentence was constructed horribly.

Danny Dubya

Candy.
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2009, 12:39:44 PM »
I loves me some sour stuff. Especially sour gummy worms! Seeing the first post made me drool, damn it. Reese's and Milky Ways are nice too on the chocolate side of things, and my only demands around Easter are a bag of jelly beans. Mint-flavored candy is the only type I can't stand, much how a lot of people only explicitly hate country music.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
Candy.
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2009, 01:21:05 PM »
I really like Starburst but Now and Laters suck.  Why anyone would buy the latter when the former is available is beyond me, because it's harder, sticks to your teeth, and tastes like crap.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
Candy.
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2009, 02:08:25 PM »
I love both. I love now and laters because they stick around in your mouth a bit longer, letting the flavor linger. And I do like the flavor. Especially the grape ones.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline Czech

• Boardrunner Emeritus
Candy.
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2009, 06:10:24 PM »
I really miss Candy, and I didn't even know her that well. I'm such a scam artist. Leukemia from a silicone tit and I'm supposed to feel sorry? Man, then don't fucking DO that. Don't you have health education? Don't put plastic in your fucking tit. "You got no heart." Man, I don't have enough heart for 14,000 assholes. But I got enough for you. Oh really.

Offline Czech

• Boardrunner Emeritus
Candy.
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2009, 07:43:08 AM »
Haha, next time I want to kill a thread dead in its tracks, remind me to post more banter from Take No Prisoners.

Candy corn's already at the store. Got a bag today, six weeks ahead of schedule. This was an "autumn mix" of regular candy corn, chocolate-bottomed candy corn, and pumpkins. I'm probably going to munch on half th ebag before I know what hit me. The resulting sugar high will make me start writing out posts as I'm King Kamala Classic.

I think it was pretty good but I'm crazy so who knows! This is awesome! It's like I'm snorting that yayo!

Offline Teenage Mutant King Kamala

• CXF Writer
Candy.
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2009, 08:53:20 AM »
I haven't spotted candy corn yet but the big local microbrewery has started producing its pumpkin beer. It's probably out there somewhere.

I wish I actually snorted cocaine---I think that would raise my cool factor at TRTSM significantly. I just post drunk about twice a month. Maybe once I've posted stoned but I don't think there was an apparent difference besides the fact that I guffawed out loud at Kinetic posts.  But I'm not ready to start doing drugs solely for the sake of impressing internet friends...yet.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
Candy.
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2009, 02:03:57 PM »
Normal candy corn is good, and I really like the pumpkin ones for some reason, probably because it's just a larger amount of sugar, but those chocolate bottomed I don't care for much at all.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
Candy.
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2009, 03:18:38 PM »

Bow to your new Sour Chemical Gummy Anything Messiah

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
Candy.
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2009, 11:50:56 PM »
Show loose women what I'm workin' with.

Online Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Candy.
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2009, 07:08:10 AM »
I stopped at 7-11 to get gas today, and next to the Whatchamacallits, I saw Thingamajig. It's like a Whatchamacallit with peanut butter instead of caramel.

I about dropped to my knees in the fucking store; I've been waiting on that shit for thirty years.

Offline Czech

• Boardrunner Emeritus
Candy.
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2009, 08:23:08 AM »
It's probably been there for thirty years.

Online Mr. S£im Citrus

Candy.
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2009, 09:11:11 AM »

Offline Fan of Sports with Integrity

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
Candy.
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2009, 09:13:53 AM »
I'm eating a pretty good sandwich right now, but reading through this thread makes me want to go and get some candy. That starburst shit in particular looks deelish.

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
Candy.
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2009, 10:59:54 AM »
We had Thingamajigs here for a little while, too, but it was just a limited time thing.

Since we're on candy bars, what's everyone's favorite?  Mine is 5th Avenue.
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

• KOAB
Candy.
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2009, 11:01:03 AM »
PAYDAY

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
Candy.
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2009, 11:56:29 AM »
Heath bar.

I loves me some toffee.
Show loose women what I'm workin' with.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
Candy.
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2009, 11:57:02 AM »
My favorite probably changes by the month, but I'd say Butterfinger at the moment.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• the whole thing is tainted with the memory of the farts
  • stares Trick Daddily
Candy.
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2009, 01:25:11 PM »
Heath bar.

I loves me some toffee.
All of my opinions have been thought out as a result of discourse with other people.

Offline Vitamin X

Candy.
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2009, 01:37:20 PM »
I love regular ol' dark chocolate bars. Dagobah Chocolate is a favorite of mine. I don't like ones with a bunch of crap in them.

... Okay fine, I love me some Twix and Butterfinger too, on rare occasion. I usually like to freeze them beforehand too.

Offline Fan of Sports with Integrity

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
Candy.
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2009, 02:10:57 PM »
I used to always get Bounty when I was a kid. I ate a lot more junk food back then, but now, I'd probably say the rare times I do get something it's either a Kinder Bueno or Hershey's Cookies and Creme.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
Candy.
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2009, 02:37:17 PM »

weird ad, looks like they tried to copy Marlboro's packaging

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
Candy.
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2009, 03:38:38 PM »
Twix is probably tops for me right now. I mentioned this before (maybe in the candy thread at the old board), but I really like Reese's Fast Break. No one else seems to though. Honorable mentions to Butterfinger and 100 Grand.

Online Mr. S£im Citrus

Candy.
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2009, 02:43:23 PM »
I used to always get Bounty when I was a kid. I ate a lot more junk food back then, but now, I'd probably say the rare times I do get something it's either a Kinder Bueno or Hershey's Cookies and Creme.

I used to love Bounty; I didn't like Almond Joy, because I don't really think that almonds and coconut go together, and I didn't like Mounds, because I'm not too crazy about dark chocolate.

After I'd joined the Navy, though, I didn't see any more until I got stationed in Hawaii. I thought they had stopped selling them.

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
Candy.
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2009, 02:56:56 PM »

Offline Czech

• Boardrunner Emeritus
Candy.
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2009, 08:03:38 AM »
Yes, I've heard the bit. That doesn't change the fact that I will inhale it.

• KOAB
Candy.
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2009, 12:37:00 PM »
I liked Hot Tamales up until I watched a special on candy in a home ec in 10th grade and the stuff that makes it hot if it gets on any one's skin it'll burn the top layer off and some idiot drunk some one time and killed himself when his throat swelled up. I'm too freaked out to even try them again.

• KOAB
Candy.
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2009, 01:10:18 PM »
I mean Red Hots

Offline Czech

• Boardrunner Emeritus
Candy.
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2009, 01:23:52 PM »
I wanted to find a source for that, so I googled "hot candy death." I wish I could say that's one of my weirder search queries but it so isn't.

Offline Wizard of Maz

Candy.
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2009, 02:33:33 PM »
Yes, I've heard the bit. That doesn't change the fact that I will inhale it.

Yeah, I don't get the Candy Corn hate, it's decent enough as long as it's not months old. Perfectly awesome seasonal vice.

Offline muzzington

Candy.
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2009, 01:22:47 PM »
To go back to something from earlier, yes, Maltesers are awesome.

And I'm not a fan of black liquorice unless it's covered in a lot of chocolate.

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
Candy.
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2009, 03:34:08 PM »
Another horrible candy:

I had to Google this to see what it even was, and it's dried-up marshmallow covered with a sugary shell.  I always got these damn things in my Easter basket, and they're terrible.

Offline oldskool

• DO IT with your female best friend ROCKAPELLA
  • CXF Writer
  • oldskool
Candy.
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2009, 07:18:53 AM »
I don't know what the fuck candy corn is supposed to taste like. Every piece I've ever had has been totally bland and tasteless, with only a slight tang of "what the fuck is this" to recognize it from a piece of old, flavor-faded chewing gum that managed to last long enough to get the last specks of flavor chomped out of it.

Three Musketeers bars are where it's at, though I'm coming around on Snickers. For the longest time I wouldn't eat peanuts, and I still don't like any other kind of nut; realize how shitty this made Halloween: I'd bring a heaping sack back, only to spend hours trying to trade nutty candy bars like Snickers for non-nutty (the rare 3 Musketeers and even rarer Hershey's bar) and ending up giving away half the stash to my parents.

I will note that Tootsie Rolls are the best candy ever, and it amazes me how they managed to get fruit & vanilla flavored ones that don't suck. I saw them once many years ago and figured they were just a disastrous gamble on their part, but no, each and every one of them is delicious. Vanilla's the best, but orange is surprisingly good for being a non-regular-candy flavor.

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
Candy.
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2009, 03:04:24 PM »
I just noticed last night that the store I work at sells the flavored Tootsie Rolls in bulk.  I thought they were just a seasonal thing.  Needless to say, I scooped some for myself.  I like the orange ones the best.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
Candy.
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2009, 10:48:10 AM »
Haven't had these in ages until I found them tucked away in the house but these are awesome...

Offline GAYGENT OF OBLIVION

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
Candy.
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2009, 05:08:11 PM »
SHIT YES! Cow Tails are good, too. Same principle, but longer.

Offline GAYGENT OF OBLIVION

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
Candy.
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2010, 12:16:55 AM »
There are only about two or three candies I do actually like.. I normally hate sweets (this includes almost all dessert items as well) but I absolutely love

these guys as well as Crunch Bars (more specifically the little "mini cluster" things they sell at Blockbuster. Bites? Dibs?) as well as BUTTerfinger.

Oh, and I love sticking them in the freezer first then eating them later. Weird habit. And I drink a coke to go with them.

Ok, so these Cookie Dough Bite things just appeared in the vending machine recently. My pal Kent got a box of 'em at break and was munching away, looking at the packaging, and says "Hey, and they're even Eee-Gee-Gee free. I don't know what the fuck eee-gee-gee is, but ok."

I look him dead in the eye and say "It says 'egg' you dumb fuck."

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
Candy.
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2010, 04:11:47 AM »
Haha I guess you could say he had some "Eee-Gee-Gee" on his face after that one!  :D

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
Candy.
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2010, 05:10:42 AM »
I prefer Mike and Ike.  My girlfriend is all about Bunchacrunch.  Shit is hard to find though.

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
Candy.
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2010, 11:04:14 AM »
I wish they still had Butterfinger BB's.

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
Candy.
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2010, 02:58:35 PM »
Cookies & Cream Hershey bars. 
Paydays - Peanuts & Caramel, so simple yet the perfect match of salty & sweet
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline CanadianGuitarist

Candy.
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2010, 02:53:58 PM »
I prefer Mike and Ike.  My girlfriend is all about Bunchacrunch.  Shit is hard to find though.

Reminds me of Punch a Bunch from TPiR. Win by default.

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
Candy.
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2011, 06:32:37 AM »
Does anyone know what horehound candy is? It's only available in tourist towns where they make taffy. Seeing as how it's difficult to procure, my dad ordered TEN POUNDS of it.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
Candy.
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2011, 06:37:27 AM »
Does anyone know what horehound candy is? It's only available in tourist towns where they make taffy. Seeing as how it's difficult to procure, my dad ordered TEN POUNDS of it.

What Is Horehound Candy?
By Kathryn Hatter, eHow Contributor

Horehound is a European herb or wildflower that is in the mint family of herbs. It grows abundantly in California and has also spread throughout the United States. Horehound candy is an old-fashioned hard candy that is made by mixing a horehound herb infusion with other ingredients.

Identification
Horehound candy is sugar coated and has a bittersweet taste. The candies are lozenge-sized and are typically placed in the mouth and sucked on to extract the taste. Horehound candies have traditionally been used as an appetite stimulant, to soothe dry, scratchy and sore throats and to relieve intestinal gas. Horehound candy has medicinal properties that have long been recognized and utilized by Europeans. The distinctive flavor of horehound candy is a popular treat for many people.
Research
The FDA has not confirmed their acceptance or belief in the medicinal qualities of horehound as it exists in horehound candy for use with sore throats. Research is being conducted in U.S., German and French laboratories to discover the medicinal uses and properties of the horehound herb, however. Preliminary results of some research indicates that the historic use of horehound to treat ailments has merit. The FDA has approved horehound as a food additive that is considered safe.
What It Does
White horehound acts as a digestive tonic and may stimulate the gall bladder. It is also a diuretic, may stimulate the appetite and may relieve gas. White horehound helps to loosen bronchial mucus and encourages the expulsion of phlegm. It can be an effective treatment for bronchitis, croup and whooping cough. Historically, white horehound was used to treat tuberculosis.
Purchasing
Horehound candy can be purchased in candy shops, historic museum gift shops, on the Internet and in specialty markets and shops. Horehound candy is considered a nostalgic candy by many due to its old-fashioned popularity. Horehound candy is also popular as a unique wedding reception favor. Horehound candy sticks are also available for purchase. These candy sticks vary in size, but are generally 5 inches long and are wrapped in clear, individual packages.
Warning
Pregnant and lactating women should not eat horehound candy. Infants and young children also should not eat horehound. Horehound should not be ingested by people with chronic illnesses such as ulcers, reflux or colitis. If horehound is ingested in large amounts it may cause stomach upset and heart rate irregularities. Ingesting horehound may interfere with iron absorption.

Read more: What Is Horehound Candy? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5042766_horehound-candy.html#ixzz1A6K8P5zZ

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
Candy.
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2011, 08:23:24 AM »
I wasn't asking for a definition. If I want to read something copy and pasted from two seconds of Googling, I'll go to one of Brody's mystery threads.