Author Topic: Wolverine & X-Men Related Film & TV  (Read 5118 times)

Description:

Offline The Buzz

Wolverine & X-Men Related Movies
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2009, 05:26:12 AM »
Saw the movie tonight, awesome stuff. Although I liked the X-Men movies I think this was probably the best one out of the X-Men movies. It was high class acting or anything, but a solid summer action flick with some drama and comedy sprinkled in. I enjoyed Victor a lot in this movie, hope to see more of him in the future movies.

Although I love the Deadpool comics, I didn't mind what they did with the character, and I'm sure the spinoff will do the character more justice.

X2 wants to bitch slap you for that.

Could be worse I could have said that Blade 3, Spiderman 3, and X3 were the best movies of their respective franchise. I'd be lying out of my ass though if I said they were.

Offline luke-o

• Pack it in Frank you silly barstool!
  • www.thecollectorsroom.co.uk
    • The LADcast - A weekly podcast from Luke and Drew (L.A.D - Geddit?)
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2009, 07:27:54 AM »
Marvel.com confirm Deadpool movie:

http://www.marvel.com/news/moviestories.7931

Did YOU stay for the credits of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine?"

We certainly hope so because there are two different Easter Eggs to look out for after the credits run and they kick off two sequels!

*****SPOILER ALERT******
Be warned: if you haven't seen "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" yet, the next few paragraphs will reveal plot points you may want to see for yourself!

One Easter Egg involves Wolverine sitting at a bar in Japan and delves into that backstory.

The other is about Deadpool. Yes, Deadpool!

The newly confirmed Deadpool film, which would be produced by Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel, has Ryan Reynolds slated to star and would be a complete exploration of the character - his origins, his emergence as the Merc with the Mouth, and more!

We sure can't wait, how about you?

I will eat all of your dicks if Daniel Bryan ACTUALLY cashes in his MITB at Wrestlemania
7 months and counting...

Offline wnyxmcneal

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2009, 02:17:46 AM »
The after the credits thing was really lame. I felt like such a loser for staying after the credits to see that

Offline Jingus

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2009, 10:55:55 AM »
See, THAT's Deadpool. 

THIS is NOT Deadpool:

There's a wee bit of a difference. 

Offline Scroby

• Low rent Indy Referee
WRONG! I'm perfectly sane everyone else however is insane and is trying to steal my magic bag.

Offline Jingus

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2009, 12:38:16 PM »
Admittedly, you have now seen pretty much all of the best clips already. 

Offline Sabre

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2009, 12:55:18 PM »
The R5 of Wolverine has hit the web.  For those out of the loop, R5s are pretty much DVD rips but have mono audio.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• the whole thing is tainted with the memory of the farts
  • stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2009, 01:13:57 AM »
I can't believe I paid money to see this shit.
All of my opinions have been thought out as a result of discourse with other people.

Offline 2GOLD

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2009, 05:32:11 PM »

You know, looking back at the film, I don't know what the hell went RIGHT other than Liev and Ryan Reynolds five minutes of screen time. It's the perfect movie to MST and that is HORRIBLE considering this is the guy they were putting the X-men franchise on the shoulders of.

It's poorly edited, poorly directed, REALLY poorly written and even the special effects at times are complete garbage. What the hell happened to this movie? I haven't been this disappointed and still with a bad taste since Episode 1 was released.

Dr. Zaius

« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2009, 05:32:19 PM »
I don't see what all the negativity is about.  I  finally saw it and enjoyed it, with the exception of the obviously fake CGI claws and them making Deadpool into Weapon XI.  For my own sanity's sake, I'm pretending like it was a clone of Wade that Wolverine fought at the end.

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2009, 03:59:23 PM »
I enjoyed the hell out of this movie.  I'll admit, Wolverine's claws looked REALLY fake in several scenes, especially the bathroom scene.  I enjoyed pretty much everything though.

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
  • 2016/17 Poster of the Year
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2009, 04:26:39 PM »
Admittedly, you have now seen pretty much all of the best clips already. 
The commentaries for both movies are hilarious.

Actually...the DVD isnt really that bad. I wouldnt pay $22.00 for it though - maybe $15

HEY, TRTSM:

Quote from: Cowboy Numbers
same with cwm
he's a stay at home dad with no education
what's he gonna teach his kids? how to be a loser?

Offline The Buzz

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2009, 05:36:52 AM »
Wolverine was a badass movie....with that said Hulk Vs wasn't all that bad. I'd say Batman:Gotham Knights and the two Hellboy animated dvds are probably the best of the animated superhero movies from the last two-three years.

Offline samoarowe

• samoarowe
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2009, 07:28:05 AM »
The Hulk VS. dvd is awesome stuff. It not only made Thor interesting to me for the first time in a long time, but the Wolverine feature was far more satisfying than Origins was.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2009, 06:56:40 AM »
http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090608/090608_deadpool/20090608/?hub=CP24Entertainment

TORONTO — Canadian Ryan Reynolds says he's "hugely passionate" about his upcoming movie based on the Marvel Comics character Deadpool.

The Vancouver native played Deadpool -- a quippy mutant antihero who wields two swords -- in this summer's blockbuster "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," and confirmed in an interview that he was looking forward to starring in a spinoff centred on the character.

"I never like to say I'm doing a movie until I break for lunch on the first day, but it's something I'm hugely passionate about," Reynolds said while in Toronto to promote his upcoming romantic comedy, "The Proposal," in which he stars opposite Sandra Bullock.

"I feel that the powers that be are equally enthusiastic."

In "Wolverine," Reynolds' character begins as a wise-cracking mercenary and ends horribly disfigured -- and mute -- after he's the subject of a series of experiments that give him a multitude of superpowers.

In the comics -- which were popular for a black humour that occasionally veered into slapstick -- Deadpool initially submits to the experiments because he's stricken with cancer.

Without giving away any potential plot points, Reynolds said he hoped the film would stay faithful to its source material.

"I hope to see it closely mirror the comic books, more than anything," he said. "There are infinite possibilities with that character. There's no one else like him in the comic book universe.

"There are a lot of different villains to choose from and a lot of different characters that come in and out of Deadpool's universe."
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2009, 08:48:11 AM »
I watched Hulk vs. on TV over the weekend and yeah, Hulk vs. Wolverine is awesome.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Wolverine & X-Men Related Film & TV
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2009, 02:26:44 AM »
Speaking of that animated universe - I picked up the first volumen of Wolverine & the X-Men last night. Not too shabby, and I just now realized that Wolverine is Steve Blum aka Spike from the English dub of Cowboy Bebop - that's good shit since the English dub for that series wasn't too bad in and of itself.

Anyway, I got through episode one last night and will probably watch the rest this week. Anyone else?

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2009, 02:49:12 AM »
I like the series.  Some might complain about the portrayal of Cyclops, but I always thought he was a flat character anyways so it doesn't bother me any.  The focus is on Wolverine of course, but that's nothing new and the name of the series already tells you that.  A lot happens in the finale, so I'm quite interested on where they go from here.

Offline Black Lushus

« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2009, 03:39:02 AM »
Once you can, to steal from Yoda, "unlearn what you have learned" about the X-Men, you can really get in to and enjoy Wolverine and the X-Men.  Cyclops is portrayed EXACTLY how he should be when you consider he lost his mentor as well as his woman both at the same time.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2009, 04:07:36 AM »
X-Men!

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
Re: Wolverine & X-Men Related Film & TV
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2019, 06:10:17 AM »
Bumping this for the book release of the History on the X-Men: The Animated Series TV Show. Ordering from there gets you an official signed copy(!)

Previously on X-Men is Eric Lewald’s personal, inside account of how the series got on the air, the many challenges that were overcome, and how the show prevailed.  The head writer interviewed 36 of the artists, writers, voice cast, and executives who helped make this game-changing series a worldwide success.  This book is an authoritative look into the creation of the animated series that nobody expected to succeed.   Lewald offers a unique behind-the-scenes look at the Saturday-morning cartoon series that changed Hollywood, and he includes over 100 photos and story boards from his private collection.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2019, 07:50:29 AM »
Thanks for sharing, HQ!  I hadn't heard of that book before but it definitely is something I want to look into.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2019, 08:17:48 AM »
Thanks for sharing, HQ!  I hadn't heard of that book before but it definitely is something I want to look into.

I literally discovered it thanks to the X-Men Review with X Writers video from Fandom Entertainment on Youtube. Promptly ordered it (450 pages!)