Author Topic: Dragonball Z Thread  (Read 4344 times)

Description:

Offline Hey!

• BZ
  • BZ
Re: Dragonball Z Thread
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2015, 12:01:19 PM »
Agreed with Tigger. A lot of anime have good voice actors, and Dragonball Z is one of the best. Whoever did Vegeta deserves an Emmy.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2015, 12:23:34 PM »
I can't stand the DBZ American voice actors. They're just grating to me.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2015, 03:13:50 AM »
Learn Japanese, you wannabe weaboos.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2015, 05:49:54 AM »
I've gotten into subs after being a dub guy for a long time but the DBZ dub cast Is pretty good and I'll take it over Goku who sounds like a girl (omg sexism and holy shit I looked it up she's 78?!) and a King Kai who sounds like he's gonna drop dead.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2015, 07:46:24 AM »
Japanese Goku has grown on me in the like 15 years I've been listening to her. Japanese Kai makes me  :-\.

Japanese Vegeta is also Captain Falcon. So, based voice actor there.

Japanese Kid Trunks is easily the worst of the whole cast. He's just so loud and grating.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2015, 03:16:01 PM »
Wait, people actually like American lispy mother fucker King OH YEAH GIVE IT TO HIM GOKU MAKE HIM REALLY FEEL IT OO YEAH Kai over dignified Japanese Kaiosama? You people disgust me.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2015, 04:23:37 PM »
Not saying I like the English King Kai but the Japanese one right now sounds like he's going to keel over any second.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2015, 06:16:33 PM »
Right now = the new show? Because I don't remember that on the original DBZ. I thought he sounded dignified/wise. Especially compared to American dipshit.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2015, 07:07:34 PM »
The Japanese Kai VA is like 80 and sounds like he's had a stroke since DBZ Kai ended.

Offline Tigger

• Dressup
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2015, 08:53:17 AM »
Pretty good movie, though was missing something. Frieza never felt like a threat and could have been easily defeated at any time.

I would like I live action DBZ, I think it is popular enough. No, not counting the one we got as existing. A DBZ movie from a big studio with a large budget like a super hero movie could probably do really well.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2015, 01:40:50 PM »
Theater is PACKED for this. I wasn't expecting this at all.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2015, 01:46:28 PM »
I think this is a sellout, since I saw anot her screening listed for 5 minutes after this starts and it wasn't listed when I bought my ticket, so I think they opened another theater for it. Even if the movie sucks ot should be fun with this crowd.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2015, 03:18:44 PM »
Smues have you seen Brad's midnight screening video on this? I know his ex-wife was big into anime but I have no idea what his interests are and I don't want to watch it if he's calling everyone gay fanboys.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2015, 04:42:33 PM »
I watched the first couple minutes until they were gonna get into spoilers. Sarah liked it. Brad knows nothing about DBZ but seemed to think it was ok.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD

Offline Tigger

• Dressup
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2015, 11:18:13 AM »
Episode 28 Vegeta is the best.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2015, 11:40:58 AM »

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2015, 03:26:02 AM »
http://kotaku.com/how-dragon-ball-z-characters-change-from-episode-to-epi-1723402760

I'm actually surprised that no one had said something about this before. The episodes follow a very clear cycle of artists almost like a comic book. It was really frustrating to see some of the more important episodes being drawn by the least talented crews.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2015, 07:38:03 AM »
Revival of F comes out on US home video October 20th.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2015, 07:54:19 AM »
Japanese audio with subtitles option included on the disc?

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2015, 11:25:41 AM »
Wouldn't have it any other way.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2015, 03:44:19 PM »
Finally saw Revival of F (or however its translated) and LOVED it. Basically everything I want in a DBZ movie. Shit ton of fight scenes with most of my favourite characters, cool transformations, and a bit of comedy tossed in. I only have I think 2 quibbles.

Spoiler: show
 They mentioned that at least they have Gohan and Buu until Vegeta and Goku get back but Buu never shows up and I REALLY wanted Buu vs Freiza! It would have really added to his cred to take out Buu I think. The second issue was that the time reversal was way to dues ex machina.

The good shit especially i loved was gokus weakness of overconfidence which has been obvious for so long actually playing into things. Also the fight with the Frieza Force was fucking awesome. It actually felt desperate and like some of them were going to die at a couple points.

Offline Flik

• I think I might be broken
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2015, 04:11:47 AM »
Considering how meh Super is, I'm not going to be happy when it does the Revival of F storyline (as what else would it be) with the episodes left. Super has been a let down, both animation wise as well as just how it is paced.

Honestly, I've seen both movies and they are superior to Super. I don't really think you can do Dragonball anymore as anything other than OVAs or Movies. When you've got a guy who can be a God, can you really do an effective storyline?

The only thing that would make Super better (or even good), would be if it somehow added an entirely redone GT storyline, perhaps. I'm not sure.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2015, 06:47:35 AM »
Must.Resist.Impulse.Buy.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2016, 06:27:01 AM »
They finally started a non-movie arc so I'm back watching now.

The God of Destruction has a brother who is a douche/fat and lives in a mirror universe where Earth blew itself up and wants Goku's earth for its good food so they're gonna have a TEAM BATTLE for Earth and Goku's team leader is EVEN STRONGER THAN GOKU!

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2016, 09:16:53 AM »
Bah Gawd the new villain in the DBZ Super story arc which also sees the return of Future Trunks:

GOKU BLACK

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2016, 10:39:11 AM »
There was an article on that on one of the Gawker sites and the headline was something like 'Future Trunks episode of DB Super is OH MY GOODNESS'.

I read it as Oh My Godess and thought that's a weird ass cross over.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2016, 05:38:22 PM »
Yeah I just watched this episode and all the stuff set in the Future is great. Has the potential to be a really cool arc.

I skipped the arcs that were just recapping the movies basically so I've only really watched the tournament arc and I skipped most of the comedy filler at the start/end of that. There was some good stuff in there (Vegeta beating the shit out of the other universe Saiyan to teach him how to be a TRUE SAIYAN) but so far the show has been lacking a truly awesome villain. GOKU BLACK is looking like he has that potential though. He straight fucking murked Future Bulma.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2016, 10:07:04 PM »
Yep this arc is awesome, it's finally like old school DBZ, right down to my going "ah fuck you its over?!" Next week is "Goku Vs Goku Black" and they showed actual fighting clips in the preview so its going faster than I expected!

Offline Shooting Star

• CXF Writer
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2016, 11:21:48 AM »
I can't really think of too many parallels where a show turned out the way Dragon Ball Super did after recapping the movies. It went from decent but meh, to good and now with the Mirai no Trunks saga it has the potential to be seriously great. It finally goes back to there being a legitimate sense of threat and an interesting villain.

My biggest complain and I do hope that this changes soon as I think it will, is that Goku has become more one dimensional than ever. There have been some improvements like him showing some love for Chichi when saying he likes her strong will character but other than that, it's like everything just comes down to him wanting to fight a strong guy, hiding his power and then slowly unleashing it. That's ok in tournaments, but when you are before someone who is a mass murderer, seeing him smile just pissed me off.

Vegeta on the other hand has been a great character the whole series. Probably the best one right until Trunks showed up with his awesomeness. This week's episode before the one week break has actually been my favorite in the series so far and there wasn't even any real battle. Trunks rocks.

All in all, I'm loving it and surely my complaint leads to something in the coming few episodes considering the particularity of the villain.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2016, 09:27:54 AM »
Oh man the newest episode was fucking awesome. I think it is my favourite so far. Lots of badass moments. Like a classic ep from DBZ.

Goku Black and Zamusu finally reveal the whole plot and that they murdered Goku and his family and Goku fucking LOSES it. they had been getting their asses kicked badly but seeing Goku when he gets serious is intense:

http://imgur.com/a/HPmMG

Of course the heels manage to make a comeback being basically invulnerable and only Trunks is left and he finally makes the big transformation as the episode ends and everyone looks shocked. Fun shit.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2016, 10:35:51 AM »
For anyone who doesn't know DBZ Super is now online at CRoll http://www.crunchyroll.com/dragon-ball-super in Subbed form.

They have from the start of the current Future Trunks arc and then are adding 10 eps a week from the start of the series every week. The first 27 eps are redo's of the 2 movies that just did. The Universe 6 arc is basically a tournament arc and goes to episode 46 and is alright but aside from the introduction of Super Dragon Balls as a concept isn't really important. then there's a few eps of filler.

The show really gets going at the start of the Future Trunks arc in ep 47. The improvement in story telling and fights etc is huge. It's like back to DBZ. I highly recommend going right to it if you've seen the movies already.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2017, 03:09:47 PM »
the first half of the maijin buu saga finished airing in english for dragon ball kai. gonna start watching it with my kids.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2017, 02:57:55 PM »
Watching the buu saga and the early but stuff is so silly but then you have some of the best moments in the series with vegeta first turning heel then his sacrifice. The lat3r stages of buu are so much better than fat buu. Ithe looks like over all Kai cuts out over 100 episodes from the original run and it's much better for it.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2017, 08:41:37 PM »
limit breaker goku god damn.

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2017, 04:29:47 AM »
I'm just ready for dubbed Goku Black!

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2017, 05:05:33 PM »
The dub for it all should be awesome. the japanese voice actress for Bulma died suddenly the other week of some heat issue, she was only in her early 50's.

This current story arc in Super is balls out insane. The last episode was great

Goku avoiding/flipping over the mega-ki plast from pottara-wearing SSJ2 Kefla and riding up it with the Kamamaha and fucking blasting them...ah shit
I can't even imagine how they're going to blow it off much less top it.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2018, 02:22:27 AM »
Oh man, I thought it was going to be blowing up a Krillin dummy based off the URL. This is equally neat.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2018, 04:54:28 AM »
hahahaha that's fantastic.

Best "OH FUCK" death in DBZ is still:

Offline Sabre

« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2018, 07:44:06 AM »
So I’ve really got back into this. Caught up on all the tournament stuff and I legit fucking just marked out for:

vegeta and goku powering up to everything that they have.  Goku with his Kio ken god mod, and vegeta going into ultra instinct. Absolutely amazing. 

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2018, 06:19:52 AM »
Yeah I really have loved this arc and seeing my younger son mark out heavy like I used to for it really fun.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2018, 08:49:52 AM »
Is GT now gone from cannon? Because SSJ4 really pales in comparison to this shit.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2018, 07:37:06 PM »
Yeah it's out

Offline Flik

• I think I might be broken
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2018, 03:32:50 AM »
With the introduction of the God power up, let alone Ultra Instinct, I think it is safe to say that GT is totally out now or a "what if" type of story.

Then again, they could bring back parts of it and turn it into part of the Dragon Ball lore since they are going to shelve Dragon Ball for the summer. Well that's more because of the winter movie, but still.

Also, I heard the American dubs for the first time in a long time and I really must admit that they aren't as bad as I remember. Though then again, I still prefer the DBZA actors, the originals still are satisfactory.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2018, 04:16:50 AM »
Quote from: @FUNimation
Look what just arrived for the #SuperSaiyanShowdown 🔥🔥🔥

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2018, 06:49:58 AM »
Having finally listened to the subs I like a lot of the dubs better to be honest but tastes vary. Goku sub just sounds wrong. Frieza on the other hand is great in both.

Re-watching all the Kai and watching Super has made me wish we had DragonBall replacements. If I knew how to make them I would.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2018, 07:16:07 AM »
Show is going off air in March apparently and there is going to be another movie in December called "Saiyan Island":
The story for the movie will revolve around the origin of the beloved Saiyan race with appearances by new Saiyan characters. Dragon Ball’s original creator, Akira Toriyama will be lending his talents with the movie’s script and character designs once again.

This will be movie number 20 , god damn.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2018, 12:04:47 PM »
I hope the Saiyans are vicious fucks who only garner sympathy when they're subjugated by even more vicious fucks.

... does this mean that other race which was talked about briefly on Planet Vegeta will be fleshed out?