Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Vince McMahon paid someone off in January for sexual misconduct

skullman80

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Vince has basically been living out his on screen character for many many years. It's gross. He needs to step down or be forced out, but neither will probably happen.

Staff member
Reaction score
Vince has basically been living out his on screen character for many many years. It's gross. He needs to step down or be forced out, but neither will probably happen.
He can’t be forced out unless someone like, kills him. His position is well entrenched.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Dave mentioned in his audio update there are tons more out there. Not sure how many will come forward/signed NDAs etc....

Said he has talked to tons of writers from the era of 2002-15 and they would many times hear, "You gotta start pushing this woman. It wasn't told to them that it was because Vince was sleeping with them. But they would get this directive to push a woman who clearly wasn't ready in the ring, wasn't ready talking wise and wasn't over. You would start asking questions, and most of the time those questions would lead to those same answers."

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Finally some Diva Search reveals coming, no doubt.

If it officially comes out he cucked Jeff Garcia for no reason it gets really real.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Sometimes it's easier to understand why something is wrong if you hear an actual story. Listen to the below story of what they told Francine to do in order to get a push. This is the environment that Vince's actions created:

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Perhaps Sable's 1999 lawsuit had far more merit then it was given.

"Big nipple contests"
Guys busting in to see the women changing.
Pressure for nip slips on TV

Makes asking her to do a lesbian angle seem normal.
-
Nicole Bass had a lawsuit too, but those details aren't fresh in my head.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Like I seriously think the WWE locker room only became an acceptable place to work in the last 3-4 years and even then only (weakly) maybe?

I used to think Macho Man locking Miss Elizabeth in a storage closet to protect her from the boys was an overreaction but maybe not?

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Like I seriously think the WWE locker room only became an acceptable place to work in the last 3-4 years and even then only (weakly) maybe?

I used to think Macho Man locking Miss Elizabeth in a storage closet to protect her from the boys was an overreaction but maybe not?
Ask Skip and Morrison (and Dick Slater and Sam Houston and John Tatum and ...) how well bringing your main squeeze around the boys works out.

Surprised you never hear anything about Precious and Jimmy Garvin.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I love the story about Macho Man threatening to murder Knobbs (or maybe it was Saggs) for blasting stinky farts around his wife.

Just the thought of Macho Man flipping out over a nasty (boy) fart has me lirl.

Staff member
Reaction score
The thing I'll never understand is the abuse of power shit when this guy has enough wealth and means to fuck almost any cooze he could find anyway. But the abuse of power and feeling like you control someone is clearly the point of all of it.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score

No.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
So I guess this is how it ends, huh? He's gonna die a billionaire but permanently (rightfully) shamed in the public eye.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'll believe this is his downfall when I see it tbh. He faced a similarly massive scandal 30 years ago and eventually emerged from it bigger and more powerful than ever.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ya. IMO, this either ends with him killing the company or being forcibly dragged out, kicking and screaming. I see no way there's a peaceful, humbled transition of power.

Bright side is if it's the latter, that means we won't get one of his toadies as his successor, at least.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Ya. IMO, this either ends with him killing the company or being forcibly dragged out, kicking and screaming. I see no way there's a peaceful, humbled transition of power.

Bright side is if it's the latter, that means we won't get one of his toadies as his successor, at least.
I honestly can't imagine him going out kicking and screaming-as 909 said, his position is well entrenched, and his ego won't let him go out like that.

Staff member
Reaction score
He would have to sell almost all his shares to be dragged out, so he won’t.

Staff member
Reaction score
I think there’s always the possibility that he sells the company.
I think he’d only do that if their tv partners told them they won’t pick the show up again unless he does. But even then he might drag the ship down with him.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I wonder if any of the higher profile talents and members of the office are starting to put feelers elsewhere, or thinking of changing careers.