Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Jim Crockett Promotions Presents Ric Flair's Last Match

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Who'd have thought Jim Crockett would promote a show after Vince McMahon? From beyond the grave no less! Unless there's a younger Jim Crockett I don't know about.

Ric Flair's Last Match
July 31st, 2022
Live from the Municipal Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee

Ric Flair's farewell match

Ric Flair and Andrade El Idolo Vs Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal

Impact World Championship match
Josh Alexander (c) Vs Jacob Fatu

Three way match for the Impact Knockouts Championship
Jordynne Grace (c) Vs Deonna Purrazzo Vs Rachel Ellering

The Wolves Vs Motor City Machine Guns

Rock N Roll Express Vs The Four Horsemen (Brock Anderson and Brian Pillman Jr)

Four way match
Bandio Vs Laredo Kid Vs Rey Horus Vs Taurus

Four corners match
Jonathan Gresham Vs Konosuke Takeshita Vs Alan Angels Vs Nick Wayne

The Briscoe Brothers Vs Ross & Marshall Von Erich

Killer Kross Vs Davey Boy Smith Jr

Ren Narita Vs Yuya Uemura

Bunkhouse Brawl
Featuring;
Adam Priest, Big Damo, Bully Ray, Brian Myers, Crimson, Crowbar, Gringo Logo, James Storm, Kal Hero, Komander, Rickey Shane Page, Sinn Bodhi, Wolfie D, and more TBA

Genuinely curious to see what crowd atmosphere is like for this. Conrad seems to be implying that it's going to get a big casuals turnout which makes me afraid that the undercard (which is genuinely intriguing from a hardcore fan standpoint) will get a big "OMG. Who cares? When is Flair going to be on!?" turnout. Although at least a lot of the undercard matches have the "HEY! It's so and so's kid!" aspect to mildly interest the casuals.

Also my god that Bunkhouse Brawl is a collection of some of this board's least favorite wrestlers (and James Storm). Definitely pulling for Wolfie D myself.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well I think initial plan WAS to have more JCP connections or at the very least, distinctly VA/NC/SC area guys but I think after Tony Khan didn't want to be affiliated with this mess (well either that and/or WWE said "Nah uh. If you want to use Jeff Jarrett or our footage, you can't work with them), it switched to a more general indie supercard. I know FTR originally featured prominently in the plans and they'd have been perfect for a 2022 JCP revival but alas...

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Except I'm an idiot and Tony Khan did lend Andrade El Idolo and Anderson and Pillman but I guess Andrade would have gone RE: whether or not, Tony would have improved since Flair's his father in law and Pillman & Anderson are low enough on the totem pole that he doesn't care and/or just figures they need some more reps in front of a big audience.

But this card is jarring and more noted by who isn't there (Sting, Hogan, Steamboat, Cornette, just to name four contemporaries off the top of my head) than who is.

Then again, I'm sure we'll get some surprises on Sunday and maybe we'll look like fools and clowns for calling this an underwhelming tribute to Flair's heyday.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Fuck them for making this look like a great show. Alexander/Fatu, Wolves/MCMG, the Narita match, and the fourways will be good stuff. I have no idea if the Von Erichs are any good but them in a workrate hickfight with the Briscoes sounds fun.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

I like that Flair doesn't know the guys on his undercard. "Is that Paul Ellering's daughter?"
Double LOL as Flair seems to get bored mid rundown and starts to read his phone.
Flair's doubling down on his "If I die, I die" energy.
OH MY! "I'm a functioning alcohol. I'm going to get drunk tonight and work out tomorrow. Get drunk Thurs...Get hammered Friday...."
"I need to drink Saturday night. I made a huge mistake not drinking Wrestlemania weekend when I faced Shawn"

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
This is streaming right? Haven't watched the video, am not in a position to right now

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Flair couldn't even do his bit without bawling. I think my prediction that his match is going to turn into him crying on the way to the ring instead of being in kayfabe kill mode may be coming true.
He turned his part of the roast into a reflections on the weekend.
- Fifi had to pay for Flair physical rehab after he got sick. Awesome.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He also cried when Bully Ray (who admitted that he doesn't really know Flair that well) peer pressured the crowd into giving Flair a standing ovation.
bully-ray-getty-2.jpg

"C'MON AND STAND UP AND CLAP! THIS MAN IS A LEGEND! HEY YOU! YOU'RE NOT CLAPPING! YOU BETTAH STAND UP AND CLAP FOR THE GREATEST WRESTLAH OF ALL TIME RIC FLAIR OR I'LL FUCK YA MOTHA!"

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I like that Dan St. Germain, the non open mic comic I saw bomb most aggressively IRL now gets to host the WrestleRoast podcast and bomb aggressively in front of cranky retired wrestlers.

Incidentally, Dolph showed up to the roast too

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I kept up with the match through Twitter with clips, and gifs. I felt dirty watching what I saw. Conrad is going to sell seats to Ric’a funeral, and livestream the fucker.