Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Jim Crockett Promotions Presents Ric Flair's Last Match

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Flair and Hart also had a feel good moment during the early heyday of NXT.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bret was also probably psyched that a legend had a more depressing farewell than his early 2010s WWE comeback "matches".

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Sheik was 65-66 at that point. He wrestled Damian 666 when he was 68 at FMW's 6th anniversary show. The match lasted less than two minutes and Sheik had a heart attack the next day.

I would've liked to see Conrad try and work with him though.
My brain failed me. I could have sworn he was like 72 in FMW.

Some comments under the video wonder if Flair was drunk. Dave figures Flair was hurt as he did less than even what was seen in the training vids. Meltz goes into a scenario of Flair loading up on pain pills to get through the match. Bryan wonders if he didn't basically have a panic attack and lose all his stamina.

Here's a recent love fest w/ Bret/Flair: Ric "You can be honest and we'll still be text buddies"

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hey god damn it, Bret going against the Nexus was a fucking banger and I won’t allow you to say something otherwise.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I think Flair's got one more in him. At Wrestlemania weekend he should have a comeback.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hey god damn it, Bret going against the Nexus was a fucking banger and I won’t allow you to say something otherwise.
See, a big ass elimination match with Ric Flair standing tall at the end probably WOULD have been the smartest/easiest thing to do but problem is finding 3-4 notable active and athletically capable wrestlers willing to publicly align themselves with Naitch. I mean he couldn't find one outside of his family last night...

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
See, a big ass elimination match with Ric Flair standing tall at the end probably WOULD have been the smartest/easiest thing to do but problem is finding 3-4 notable active and athletically capable wrestlers willing to publicly align themselves with Naitch. I mean he couldn't find one outside of his family last night...
The best thing to do would've been to book Black Terry and have him and Flair punch each other in the face for ten minutes.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Speaking of awesome worked punches, at least we can be glad that it wasn't Flair Vs Lawler in the Cancel Culture Clash in the main event.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Stop reading his shit man
I usually only read stuff if something totally absurd happens.
I still don't know the results from Summerslam, but I do know about Farmer Brock thanks to my buddy excitedly sending pics of his TV while I was pounding Bud Light at a bar for UFC.

SK WAY WAY undersold a fucking Tractor/front loader destroying a ring. Like he just wrote it deadpan like in the middle of a Melz style massive paragraph.

--
I was hoping for some snark over one of SK's all time favorites being a total embarrassment.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Conrad suggested at Starcast this weekend that Mick Foley's Last Match might be the sequel to this show.

Settle down, @Laz

• Ohreally
Reactions: Laz

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Some comments under the video wonder if Flair was drunk. Dave figures Flair was hurt as he did less than even what was seen in the training vids.
I think he was hammered for that match and don't know how it isn't coming up more in discussion. A consumate pro doesn't forget the very few spots they're involved in unless something else is going on. No way people around you have to remind you to do your hotdogging and grandstanding when you're goddamn Ric Rlair. His entrance wasn't even that emotional. He wasn't hurt, physically anyway.

Reactions: 909

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Dude should've jacked off a python.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I have to say I'm pretty impressed Ric Flair's last match (14 years after his last "last" match) caught the attention of the wrestling world as much as it did. It received cooperation from the entire wrestling world and was a full-scale production. I really thought this was going to be at some shindie with less than 200 people in attendance. Gotta give it to Carney Connie on this one.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
B4F6E700-895F-44EB-B049-7269C2603534.jpegI can’t imagine this actually calls the match out for being what it actually was. I don’t think I have the stomach to download this for a blowjobfest.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I don't think they advertised it as a last match, Flair just didn't wrestle after that.

And there are TNA stans in 2022?

As someone who is deep in wrestling Twitter, I can confirm they certainly do. And they all still blame AEW for Impact not having high ratings, and they all think Kenny killed their World title and Josh Alexander has to rebuild it.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Finally watching it in full, it is fucking odd that at around the 13:30 mark of this video Flair goes from functionally doing spots to suddenly being unable to even stand up. He did the fake heart attack spot on the floor but then he must have felt something go wrong as the next major thing within a minute is Flair calling off the superplex spot. That's where he becomes a corpse.
Uncle Dave better have the story for us tomorrow.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I imagine something went on with Ric to do that chest clutch thing in the first place. Not that it was a heart problem, just that he used it to buy time. But that's an embarrassing performance.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
And there are TNA stans in 2022?
There are stans of every somewhat notable promotion in 2022. You'd think no one would care but there's plenty of people who get defensive about Impact, pre Tony Khan purchase ROH, even NWA.

Except MLW. I haven't run across any MLW stans on Twitter. I'm sure they exist but I haven't seen them. @Laz needs to speak up more.

1659463304758.png
LOL at Jerry still not knowing how to spell Ric(k)'s first name after 50 years of knowing him.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
@King of Summer Kamala 's friends at WrestlingClassics compiled the Roast's best lines:

"Conrad Thompson is one of the more preeminent belt collectors around. Really, he has hundreds of belts. I've seen pictures. Which is really ironic, since all his pants have elastic waistbands."

"Huge shoutout off the top. The Nashville Predators are in the house! Yeah, not the hockey team. Just the old perverts here on stage."

"Nashville is the perfect place for this roast. Even the cops are stylin' and racially profilin'."

"Ric Flair's like an old Chinese vagina. Just a blown-out p*ussy who's delivered far too many Woos."

"Brian Knobbs. You big disgusting animal. You're worse at showering than Bruiser Brody."

"I'm glad this crowd could be here...instead of kidnapping Sonya DeVille."

"It sucks that Conrad is from Alabama, because now he has to keep the baby he's carrying."

"Wendy, when Ric jizzes and nothing comes out, is that a 'Dusty finish?'"

"Seriously, if I wanted to watch two old people wriggle around for an hour in pain, while nothing happened, I'd watch Tony Schiavone f*uck his wife."

"Ric, why do you keep supporting Republicans? You, above everyone else, need a social safety net."

"The only reason it took Ric this long to get cancelled is because Teddy Long wasn't wearing a body cam."

"Ric said he slept with Halle Berry. Which, you know what that means...he got drunk and ate Sapphire's p*ussy."

"David Manning has been at more suicides than the Clintons."

"Ric Flair was in the Four Hosemen, which is the only time the words 'Ric Flair' and 'stable' have been used in the same sentence."

"If you don't know Brian Knobbs, he's the guy after the show whose merch table has fewer people than a Von Erich family reunion."