Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Summer 2022: This was supposed to be the Summer of Punk.

skullman80

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hayter also was the best wrestler in the womens tag match. Her bumping as always is top notch. The women actually didn't get the 9:20ish slot like always. Hayter needs to get away from Britt asap, it was nice to see her pick up the actual pinfall in the match.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Yeah Matt needs to go away. Dude's got a spine-pelvis. I didn't want to see him actually work real matches ten years ago let alone now.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
there's a dude who is in the slack chat that never talks or signs in except in the invisible mode. I don't think he's made an actual post on the board. It's definitely Tony. We'll say something about Dynamite and then it happens within a week or two. Clearly can't be a coincidence.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
Evidence: my repeated threats to stop watching if Chuck Taylor wasn't removed from my tv (or killed, either or) resulted in Chuck vanishing for several months.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I also dont buy Anna Jay as a heel at all
I'm totally on board with unhinged Anna Jay threatening to choke out anyone that looks at her sideways. It's got a fun "Kanyon dishing out Cutters to random people" vibe to it. Love how she choked out that random stagehand. I'll agree though that it's not really getting her over as legit dangerous, but it is entertaining me.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m interested to see how they plan to make signings for ROH. I ordered Death Before Dishonor for the FTR-Briscones because I didn’t order the first one and I wanted to watch wrestling.

It helped (subconsciously, maybe) that there were so many AEW guys, but I wonder how many people will keep watching and ordering shows if it’s just essentially all AEW guys that you would see on TBS or TNT each week.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
These ROH signings are great but I still want to see a consistent show schedule and a TV deal. This is really going to blow if they contract all these people to work 6 shows a year (maybe less).

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know IWC are an impatient lot but I am getting a bit concerned that we haven't gotten any updates RE: an ROH weekly show or resuming their pre-pandemic touring schedule beyond vague "We're working on it!" type answers from Tony when he's asked about it.

Could you please bring this concern up in chat, @cobainwasmurdered ? Thanks.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
The big problem with them getting on TV right now is they have to talk to the network about it. They have their contract right now, and it didn't include an ROH show. WB and Discovery had their merger, and now Discovery is realigning their networks. Unless he reaches out to another network, which he shouldn't right now, he has to wait for WB/Discovery to make room for the show.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I have minimal faith in a lot of potential ROH signings, but want to be proven wrong. I love being wrong about this stuff. But there's only a handful of people I think should get a look, and I don't know if they're possible choices currently. I mean, seeing lameness like Blake Christian getting a contract fills me with just apathy.

One of the Dark shows should be ROH-centric for a while. Just to tide things over and give the lower AEW guys a spot to get under a new banner. But again I'd move a lot of the lower AEW guys to ROH just because I could.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
If big names go to an RoH reboot it feels like they're being underutilized and if RoH is filled with lesser names then what is the point of the whole project? Every wrestling merger ends up with one brand surviving and the other cannibalized. I don't have faith in any of this working, frankly.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If big names go to an RoH reboot it feels like they're being underutilized and if RoH is filled with lesser names then what is the point of the whole project? Every wrestling merger ends up with one brand surviving and the other cannibalized. I don't have faith in any of this working, frankly.

I agree with what you're saying in this post. The funny thing is though, there wasn't much to pick off of the bones of the current product anyway.

The content library I think isn't technically as valuable as it was for WWE in 2001 when getting WCW. It feels like nothing more than a vanity purchase for Tony.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I haven't given a damn about Jay Lethal since he got cucked by SoCal Val and Dutt... Was there ever a kayfabe reason given for why it's not "on sight" for those two? Because if their current alliance is part of a long con by Lethal to get payback, I could get behind that. Otherwise, no thanks.

Super Leather

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Did I see Takeshita literally frog splash the mat next to Claudio on Battle of the Belts? What was that? Took me outta the match and made me root for Claudio to finish it faster than he did.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Did I see Takeshita literally frog splash the mat next to Claudio on Battle of the Belts? What was that? Took me outta the match and made me root for Claudio to finish it faster than he did.
I mean, he missed, yeah.

skullman80

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Read that Hayter got her nose broken on the brainbuster spot with Rosa. Thought all the matches at BOB were pretty good even if you knew the outcomes since it was a taped show. Props to Takeshita for wrestling Claudio then going out later that same night and wrestling live on Rampage.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s like people have been saying this publicly since he started this operation. He and his family have been terrible at running legitimate sports franchises for years, why would they ever think a fake sport would be any different.

He reached out to experienced people before the launch and was repeatedly given the same advice, namely “you can’t do all of this with no experience” and son of gun, he said “nope I ran an e-fed, I got this” and to a fair degree he was relatively successful but eventually, like it was always going to, it caught up to him.

I’d greatly rather he stick to promoting the company and building it, rather than bogging himself down in the day to day operations.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Who even is TK's #2 in command? Does one exist? I got the sense that Cody was a defacto lieutenant in AEW for a while but then he got pushed down the card and then he left the company entirely. Even as someone who was as much as a control freak as Vince was at his best when he had some strong lieutenants. TK needs to find his Pat Patterson and Bruce Prichard.

(OK maybe he doesn't need a Bruce Prichard type)

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well I don’t if they would be considered second in command but we do know that late at night when mere mortals sleep, TK is furiously typing away in the group chat with QT Marshall and Christopher Daniels.