Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling Dreams ( Reviving a TOTSM Pseudo Sub-Classic )

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I had a dream where I had to get into a fight with an amateur MMA fighter so that Ross could propose to Rachel. She left during the fight, before he could even get the ring out of his pocket.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had a dream that I attended an Impact Wrestling taping at the Manhattan Center and hung out in the heel locker room with Samoa Joe, MVP, Low Ki, and a bunch of hot babes. There was a Falls Count Anywhere Match between Bram and Gunner with Special Guest Referee, a debuting Heath Slater. I got inexplicably excited at the prospect of a 3MB Reunion in TNA with 3MB as serious ass kicker babyfaces*. Anyway, the Falls Count Anywhere match had a bunch of absurd, unrealistic bumps. They were literally throwing each other down flights of stairs. Doing piledrivers on concrete, etc. And I thought "Damn, TNA's really trying too hard to top that Jeff Hardy bump from off the top of the cage onto the steel steps.

*Wonder if TNA IS reading this because "Gritty, asskicking reboot of 3MB" is something they totally would do these days.

stevejrogers

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Had a "bad" run in with CM Punk in a dream. I was being an over-pushy dickhead with an idea for him and he was all "Yeah...uh, keep that to yourself" as he walked away.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dreamed I was watching the build to Summerslam 2013. Daniel Bryan was cutting a promo on John Cena.

With Connor "The Crusher" Michalek's voice. It was WEIRD.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Had a dream last night that Scotty 2 Hotty & The Dudley Boyz Vs Rikishi & The Usos with The Rock as special guest referee was announced as a match for WrestleMania 32. I felt elated that Westbrook, ME's own Scotty 2 Hotty got one last WM payday but kind of bummed for Spike Dudley.

Also maybe I shouldn't post this since this seems like a match WWE would actually book given current state of their roster!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
If it led to a post match segment with the whole group crooning Kish's WWE Originals track "Put A Little Ass In It", then it is good.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Stupid little dream from forever ago.

I was wrestling Yokozuna in my bedroom. The match would start and I could call in the Undertaker for one hit, where Taker would hit Yoko over the head and drain his energy bar down to almost depleted. But it wasn't enough and Yoko would pick me up and throw me on my bed, which would drain all of my energy in one shot. I got to replay the match over and over again (this is all the same dream). And finally after a few times I was able to kick him right before he tossed me and it took the rest of his energy.

I won.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Interesting dream last night:

The chief of the local police department wanted to revive WCW and hired me to do so. The dream briefly had me as "Shane McMahon" so I had to go to Vince to resign, and we went on air so I could tell the fans and that it'd be on TBS, but NOT competing with WWE so that fans could watch wrestling any night of the week.

Quickly I was myself again (I guess) since my real parents were in the arena for the first show (and trying to figure out the tricks for production).

Few actual wrestling notes:

My top original heel was going to be "David Best" a really buffer version of Mojo Rawley talking about how it's a "Best day!"
During the show I realized we were in Cincinnati so we contacted Pete Rose to come heel it up for the crowd (Ted Turner floated me $10,000 to get him) by starting up in his Red's jersey but ripping it off to reveal a Phillies jersey. BOO BOOO BOOOOO

Well out comes recently retired from UFC, CM Punk! Backstage we figured Punk could carry a 70 year old for a five minute crowd pleaser and then on a spine buster, Pete didn't get up. I had to go down and do CPR. Different people in the dream kept indicating this was a work and others that it was a shoot but either way it'll be great for ratings.

I had Jack Swagger (using his real name) in the backstage area mad that he was considered boring so I convinced him to embrace it by being a boring pound away person and do a "punch until they tap" submission finisher.

Daniel Bryan (using real name) was also there trying to convince me he was cleared for ring action so I was debating on that one.

There was more but I waited a damn hour before I wrote this shit down.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Had a dream last night that Kevin Nash announced he was running for Governor of Maine in 2018 on Inside The NBA. Charles Barkley looked pretty upset by the news (probably cause Nash did the Four Horsemen dirty when he made fun of Arn's retirement speech?) . Ernie Johnson seemed enthusiastic and Shaq and Kenny Smith just seemed confused. Dream ruled.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Today I remembered a dream I had back in 1994 that Owen and Neidhart turned babyface and started using "Two of Hearts" by Stacey Q as their entrance theme

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Had a dream that Kidman made a surprise appearance for the local indy. Marked the fuck out when his Ja Rule knockoff theme started bumpin' in the Westbrook Armory.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Was it wrestling era Kidman or present day Kidman? Present day Kidman bumping that sick ass theme would be something to see

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think it was supposed to be present day Kidman. He had short hair and was a bit flabbier than during his Cruiserweight hey day. 8)

His SSP still looked pretty good though---or, uh, not much worse than it was when he was in his prime!

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
So I should preface this by saying I was watching a Lanny Poffo shoot before bed and listening to a podcast involving All-Japan while sleeping...

I dreamt I was in my childhood bedroom and looked across the hall to see my mom in bed with a very aged Giant Baba. They attempt to have sex but Baba's dick won't go up. So Baba delivers a fellatio to himself to get it up. I woke up at this point. Disturbed....

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Actually had a dream about pro wrestling last night.

I was at a college basketball game (division 3ish school) and one team was made up of WCW's roster circa 91-93. Rick Rude was there and was ejected for arguing a call with the ref. Austin was on the bench and I was heckling him in the stands saying the coach should bring in Van Hammer or Big Josh. He smirked back at me. Paul E was the coach and the opposing coach was Ted Danson circa late 80s/early 90s.

after the game I talked with Austin in the stands about Sid Vicious's potential as a main eventer. Then it ended.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Weird, probably because a cool priest from my old church died the other day:

Charlotte Flair was a nun at my church but like don't picture her in a black & white nun habit. She was in one of her gold wrestling robes just really more elaborate and gaudy. Because you know, Catholicism. Also our priest was a female but didn't go through the whole "change the bread to flesh" class so Charlotte had to do that part. And it wasn't the normal wafer, it was an El Paso Tortilla that Charlotte picked up and took a bite out of after blessing it. She then broke it up to hand out.

But since it was at my church, even though she's a world famous wrestler, "Miss Charlotte" (and in the dream I made a mental note to start calling her "SISTER Charlotte") would run up and hug her church fans first. Also, she was still married to her husband and her sermons would include common sense things like, "So the church teaches THIS, but if you're going to go have premarital sex, for God's sake wear a condom and don't get the poor girl pregnant." :eek:

Hopefully the WWE employee/mole on this forum doesn't try to run a female Reverend D-von with her now.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Passed out in my recliner watching 06 Royal Rumble. Proceeded to dream that Kenny Omega will be signing soon with WWE.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Just had this dream.

Chris Jericho wrestling Richie Sexson (as a mix of Shawn Stasiak/Mike Awesome) at a small pool. Jericho was intro'd by Shane Douglas including the line, "Looking to use the WCW Title as a stepping stone to the WWE Title," with the match occurring in a water filled pool (3 lane wide). Jericho was massively over with the crowd of 20 on the far end of the pool, in particular a group of 2-3 who stomped (maybe) on the wood bleachers. Match itself was a 13:00 draw (including a sunset flip spot by Jericho on Sexson for 2 & 1/2 count where Jericho complained/wonderedpost-match if the fans could actually see WTF was going on underwater) after the tarp started being automatically drawn over the pool.

Also Shane Douglas really wanted to buy the Sonic the Hedgehog movie CD soundtrack after the match as well as see the movie... because of course!

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Let me try to piece this nap dream together:

WWE was allowing intergender matches. Bayley was dating Finn Balor(?) and turned heel. With the help of AJ Styles, she defeated Kofi Kingston for the WWE title. First superstar to simultaneously hold a Women's and Men's title at the same time.

I dream of history making wrestlecrap.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Dang, Saints Fan. I see your name and had my hopes up we were gonna have a mad wild wrestling/sex dreams cross post.

Glad Bayley went over in your dream though. She deserves it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had a dream last night I was at a house party and Silas Young was there. He was actually a cool, friendly as hell dude in my dream and we were laughing it up in no time. For some reason, I was really selling him on the idea of a balloons street fight between him and Vincent Marseglia where they just came out to the ring with a bunch of balloons and used them as weapons. Like I thought bodyslamming a dude on a bunch of balloons and hearing them all pop (or using static electricity as a weapon) would be what revives ROH.

Silas loved the idea and was howling with laughter.

Delirious, if you are reading this, please do not book a Balloons Street Fight.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Had a good one last night.

I dreamt I was watching a shoot interview with Sean Waltman, that was purportedly from present day but he looked like he did in '93/'94 during 123 Kid era and he was dressed like Sean Mooney would dress in the early '90s in events center segments (suit and tie, with a block WWF logo emblazoned on the pocket). And interview was taking place from the pre Hogan era WW(W)F interview set.

He was bemoaning the fact that Brutus The Barber Beefcake was born and lived his life in Johnstown, PA but when he died, he was so poor that The Steiner Brothers had to pay for his funeral and bury him in Georgia. 123 Kid just went on and on about how Brutus deserved to be buried back in Johnstown and it was BS that Brutus' best friend Hulk Hogan didn't pay for a proper funeral.

That cut to me hanging out on Clearwater Beach with The Hulkster and Hulkster trying to deny X-Pac. He said him and Brother Bruti made up before he died and he was gonna have The Barber's body exhumed and buried back in Johnstown, brother.

So many questions. Why couldn't The Steiner Brothers with their Shoneys owner and real estate agent money just bury The Barber wherever he wanted? Also Brutus Beefcake is one of the rare '80s wrestlers who is not dead and I'm 99.9% sure he hasn't spent a significant amount of time in Johnstown.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dreamt last night that I was watching a rerun of Owen Hart hosting Saturday Night Live in the late '80s. I thought it was super weird Owen was hosting as himself during that era. Only sketch I remember was monologue which was very meta and Owen was just very seriously explaining the production process of SNL while he got changed for the first sketch with Jon Lovitz, Kevin Nealon, and Phil Hartman as '30s gangsters.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had a dream last night that I was watching RAW and they were back in an arena with fans. Major angle was Bo Dallas (reworked to be a sinister Raven-like heel) and Mayor Kane (specifically cited as such. He looked like he did in '02/'03---except he let his chest and back hair grow out but it was really patchy. WTH?) taking over WWE and the rest of the roster protesting their tyranny to no avail. Rest of roster included another KANE who was a faceless dude dressed like bald maskless era Kane.

Bray Wyatt came out in his normal clothes and not Fiend outfit (and the announcers specifically said he was "breaking character) to cut a Dusty Rhodes-esque impassioned, sincere babyface promo trying to get Bo to come to his senses. It was kind of like modern version of that Dusty promo to Dustin where he talked about how shitty of a dad he was. But Bray Wyatt was cut off by a returning Curtis Axel, who beat the shit out of him.

My subconscious' booking was probably way better than RAW UNDERGROUND.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Only tangentially related to wrestling but I watched so much wrestling yesterday between catching up on G1 Climax and five hours of Joey Janela's Spring Break that it bled to my dream. I was watching Jeopardy and one of the contestants got thrown off the show for cutting a heel promo on his fellow competitors and Alex Trebek had to cut to commercial break quickly as security dragged him off the set.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dreamt last night that I was watching some sort of special features for WrestleMania V that included a match between Hulk Hogan (in his all white gear from the mid '80s) and ONEY LORCAN. And also a version of The Blue Blazer's entrance where he tripped, fell down the stairs at Trump Plaza, and his mask fell off which was p. disturbing.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Reoccurring plot line popped up the other night. It's early 1999 and I'm trying to talk Owen Hart out of Blue Blazer stuff. I'm finally able to have some time with him to explain, convincingly, that I'm from the future and he's going to die at the May PPV. In the dream I break down the history of wrestling, WWE, WCW, etc... after he dies. The dream, for whatever reason, kept having clips from Dark side of the Ring with his kids talking about him.

Over the course of my narration, and he's giving me the respect of his attention, he asks me, "And how much money did Martha wind up getting out of Vince?"

Owen went on with the Blue Blazer gimmick and I could not change history. Time travel fiction is one of my favorite genres, and my favorite entry in the TV Series Timeless did the same thing with
JFK
knowing when and how he would die and did not do anything to change it (though it changed in the show's timeline anyway).

Probably the most poignant version of that dream plot line I've ever had. I definitely remember one time convincing him to not go through with it and then Taz(z) would come choke him out and kill him. At least in this version of the story, Owen led himself to slaughter because he knew his family would be taken care of. I know everything I've ever heard about him was he was frugal, but I doubt real life OH would have gone THAT far with it.