Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Jim Cornette Zone

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
As somebody said at PWO, Cornette is the perfect wrestling example of the Lebowski "you're not wrong you're just an asshole" meme.

Stupid fucking gimmick that's popular with the current memetastic audience, won't do much to grow the base or make non-fans give it a chance. Sounds about AEW.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I should add reading Jim Cornette discourse to posting more polls and needlessly giving negative reactions to TSM to things I should stop doing on the internet in 2021.

Each time I read it, I get mad for 15 minutes and am like "Wait a minute. I don't even really care about the opinions of a pro wrestling manager that peaked over 30 years ago."

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
What's her gimmick? If it's scat based no way it gets on TNT anyway.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Her gimmick is she is innocent looking girl who says absolutely filthy stuff. Not (predominantly) scat based. I'm not sure what they'll have her do but it probably won't be that (or if it is it'll be the bowdlerized PG-13 version or maybe a "I'm being censored cause I'm TOO HOT for TV" gimmick ala '00-'01 Scott Steiner)

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Sounds like Bad News Bears.

The Billy Bob one.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
If it draws who gives a fuck? Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I kinda want to hear what Corny would say about that before the political rant.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He thought it was ridiculous initially and then upon more details thought it was hilarious and said the details match up with what he remembers about that time.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
All this does is make Cornette richer. Corny's fans will love it when he goes nuclear on them on his podcast. The best thing to do is just ignore him. I get that it's hard. But, this will only make shit worse. I mean, unless Miro actually goes to his house and kills him.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All this does is make Cornette richer. Corny's fans will love it when he goes nuclear on them on his podcast. The best thing to do is just ignore him. I get that it's hard. But, this will only make shit worse. I mean, unless Miro actually goes to his house and kills him.

yes but Miro's fans love it when he goes after Cornette. It's a work dawg.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Cornette’s podcast has become insufferable. Seems like every episode is reviewing AEW, and just hitting the same nicknames, and same stuff he said last time.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
And just like that Jim's trending on twitter again. Podcast numbers are gonna spike, and he'll have made tons of money off stuff like the below:

It’s surreal that guys like him still have an audience. Guys like Skip and Cowherd with their similar schticks in real sports would be rightfully banned for life if they tried to say something like this. Ford probably got a lot of online hate after that.

I can’t imagine following him. This sounds like a bad Rogan standup routine from 2007, that even he would be embarrassed over.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I made the error of listening to the Drive Thru while eating. Corny not only shared a gross story on George Gulas' nose picking habits, but he also told of a "rib" where one of the Fargos would ask his brother for some gum, so the brother whipped out his dick, produced a wad from his foreskin and the other brother would pop it in his mouth and chew.

I had to put my blueberries back in the fridge. :(

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
His anti-Muslim stuff bled into the podcast for quite a while. I don't think an excuse has been around lately to bring up any recent anti-PC sort of chatter.
A lot of Corny's talking points are something one would expect from a Republican with his views on women and homosexuals in the business.
That clip wasn't too far off of a Bush stump speech though.
Heel manager John McCain leading the crowd in "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb bomb Iran!"

--
After the Pledge, Corny reveled in the entire roster banging Stacy in front of the shocked audience of midwest simps.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I saw a Youtube video stating that Jim Cornette is reacting to Mick Foley wanting a WWE Women's division TV show. I didn't click. Safe to assume it was a misogynistic disagreement?

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I saw a Youtube video stating that Jim Cornette is reacting to Mick Foley wanting a WWE Women's division TV show. I didn't click. Safe to assume it was a misogynistic disagreement?
Not exactly. He said it wouldn’t make a difference for ratings because nothing draws a rating anymore and would only make a bad show (he basically meant all of WWE) even worse and laughed heartily at the idea of AEW doing one given the quality of their current women’s division.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The highlight of this week on the Drive Thru this week was Corny describing his first bachelor party.
He had already fucked every rat he could desire, so a stripper or whatever wasn't of interest so he Bruce Prichard and a bunch of other wrestling people geeked out watching Corny's VHS collection of classic wrasslin'
Oh and a rat was on call in another hotel room "in case someone got bored"....