Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2021 MOTYC/Recommend A Match Thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
3-15- Jay White Vs Hiroshi Tanahashi- New Japan Cup

Can't think of a finish that illustrated how seconds count in wrestling.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
3-18- David Finlay Vs Jay White- New Japan Cup

First time I've been genuinely shocked by a wrestling result in a while.

3-18- Will Ospreay Vs SANADA- New Japan Cup
Ospreay is a real POS but he really might be as good as he says he is. And breaking his nose legit in a match is one of those great/horrible happy/terrible accidents that happens in rasslin.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
3-18- David Finlay Vs Jay White- New Japan Cup

First time I've been genuinely shocked by a wrestling result in a while.

3-18- Will Ospreay Vs SANADA- New Japan Cup
Ospreay is a real POS but he really might be as good as he says he is. And breaking his nose legit in a match is one of those great/horrible happy/terrible accidents that happens in rasslin.

The interesting thing about Ospreay’s current run is that hes having these great matches with the total opposite style to what got his name out there. He’s doing more ground based work, and proving that he can legit go. He’s even selling more, which is something that he was always called out for. He’s become one of the best wrestlers in the world, and all it took was turning heel since he can’t do the flashy moves anymore.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
So he's working more like how he did during the early Paul Robinson feud, just as a heel instead of a face?

That’s pretty much it. He’ll still throw in something a little flashy, like his standing one man Spanish fly (which I’ve never liked), or his float over lariat into a powerbomb (which he did into an Os cutter instead of the powerbomb today), but it’s a slowed down, more Matt based offense.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hate to channel JR doing New Japan commentary but his current character reminds me of mid '00s Randy Orton*. Just a complete nasty hateable shitheel!

*That mostly might be just because he just clobbered his own girlfriend to prove a point ala Orton in '05.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
3/13 JR Kratos vs Fred Rosser - New Japan Strong

I’m catching up on last week’s show, and this is the main event, It’s a tremendous match. Fred Rosser, I'll continue to say, is having a fantastic run since joining NJPW US. He had the NJPW US match of the year with Tom Lawlor last year, and this match will be up there for sure for 2021.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
3/21- Will Ospreay Vs Shingo Takagi- New Japan Cup.

Great match. Surprisingly good post match promo until the whole simulated domestic violence.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
3/21- Will Ospreay Vs Shingo Takagi- New Japan Cup.

Great match. Surprisingly good post match promo until the whole simulated domestic violence.

His backstage promo might have been the best of his career. And it's a shame that's the match/promos are overshadowed by him being a piece of shit, and the the angle. That's what people are going to remember more than a a legit MOTY contender and fantastic promo.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yeah was going to add that too. super happy about that match. Both guys worked hard and best seth has looked in ages. Cesaro was tremendous. great great moment

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
4/10- Damien Priest & Bad Bunny Vs The Miz & John Morrison- WrestleMania 37

one of the best celebrity matches ever?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
4/10- JD Drake Vs MV Young- Effy's Big Gay Brunch
4/10- AJ Gray Vs Billy Dixon Dog Pup Collar Match- Effy's Big Gay Brunch

Last edited: