Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2021-22 What Are Those Clowns in Washington (House and Senate) Up To Now? thread

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Does that include Jan 6 GOP terrorism? White bitch gun terrorism? Or is that just about black and brown terrorism?

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They aren't going to let Biden put anyone on the SCOTUS if they have any say in it, or even if they don't.

There are a number of things that should motivate democratic voters going into the midterms. Their probably will be a vacancy on the court. Abortion rights quite likely will have been drastically slashed (even more than already lol). I have no doubt there will be more serious instances of right wing terrorism and cop shootings of unarmed civilians. I'd like to think that will motivate people to vote but it seems like a lot of people are already quickly forgetting the shock and outrage they felt.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Americans (I don't know about elsewhere) have a preternatural capacity to make excuses for who they, for a wild variety of reasons, want to make excuses for. These reasons are rarely good. Presently, the Republican party finds itself well within the Venn of both the 'celebrity/star' and the 'too big/too entrenched to fail/be changed' excuses.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Minority leader in name/Majority leader in American actuality McConnell says he doesn't like the Manchin compromise. If he hasn't grabbed his ankles yet, Manchin will by nightfall over West Virginia.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Open your mouth and say "ah" if you're like me and had no idea American Dentist Association was a political lobby.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Look no one is more upset than me that the first bisexual hipster MILF Senator is such a dolt.
I really hate myself for both finding her extremely attractive (looks aside she is absolute fuckin' garbage on anything that matters) and also that for some time now I've considered myself "beyond this" but the heart wants what it wants.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This isn't even "sexy older woman" vibes because she's only 2.5 years older than me which is reasonably within my age range.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score

hqdefault.jpg

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
brb. Trying to get in touch with Colbert's writers to see if I can sell them a "Senator Graham knows something contracting a transmitted disease" joke.