Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2022 MOTYC/Notables

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
3/31 Ace Austin, Black Taurus, Josh Alexander vs. Michael Oku, Rey Horus, Laredo Kid
3/31 Bandido vs. Mike Bailey

from the Wrestlecon show. Honorable mention to Morrison/Taya WASH THE DISHES Match

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have watched Yuta since he was a year or two in and doing PRE SHOW matches on indie shows. Yes, indie shows have pre show matches. I am not sure why they can’t just call them preliminary matches.

Anyway, I have really enjoyed watching him develop and rise his way through the ranks of the indies and eventually ROH & AEW but I never really got potential “next big thing” type that others had. Thought he was just in the category of “good talent, solid hand but missing something”. Until tonight.

Man, if you want to see a star making performance, tune into TNT on Friday. He just unlocked something and is hitting another level.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
4/16 Ishii Vs Minoru Suzuki
4/16 Moxley Vs Ospreay

the ref fucking the finish takes a little off the second but still a great, physical match.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
5/1 Ishii Vs Tanahashi
5/1 Okada Vs Naito

both are great (shock). Ishii/Tana go all out and Ishii has some awesome near falls on Tana. Okada/Naito break out a ton of spots building on their past matches, Naito bumps even more than usual like he has no neck. Okada is in full powered up mode. BALLOON OKADA IS NEVER COMING BACK!

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
4/30 Villano IV Vs LA PARK

OLD MAN LUCHADORE BLOOD MATCH!!!!!!!!!

so good the fans threw money in the ring
That match was fucking crazy! Park was working massively stiff with IV, oh boy those chairshots made me gringe. Park was basically unmasked the majority of the match too. Really wild brawl of a match that I agree deserves to be on this list. I never thought IV could still go that much, but he was struggling at times to keep up.

The rest of that TripleMania show was pretty excellent, (the trios match and the three way tag match was also fuckin on) but the main felt way flatter than I expected it to be. Ultimo Dragon/Pentagon generally was decent too, but UD had to be carried at times.

Rayo and Demon though, oy vey that was a pretty bad one. Canek looked like shit against Psycho Clown as well.

And JJ still knows how to get the fans riled up!

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking forward to checking out Park/Villano. AAA has been killing it with the old man lucha.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
2/22 Strong Climb Finals Sekimoto Vs Nakanoue
5/11 Owen Hart Tourny Jeff Hardy Vs Darby Allin

One was a clubberin' the other was a stunt show. I was a little uncomfortable with the falling from a great height stuff with Owen's family in the building but it was still a crazy af match.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
5/14 Moxley V Ospreay V Tanahashi V Juice

all action sprint. Lot of fun especially since NJPW never really does these matches.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
3/5 Dragon Dia vs Takuma Fujiwara

hadn't really seen any of Fujiwara before but he challenges for the Brave Gate here and he gets to really shine. Lots of fun near falls and intensity. Dia has really shined since losing his mask.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
5/18 Hiromu Vs Akira Francesco BOSJ

catching up on stuff I missed. There's been a lot of very good stuff and every night has been solid. This was the first match that really stood out though.

Also updated the master list to be current.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
More bosj
5/24/22 (BOSJ) Lindaman Vs Desperado,
5/24/22 (BOSJ) Titan Vs TJP,
5/24/22 (BOSJ)YOH Vs Hiromu,
5/26/22 (BOSJ)Robbie Eagles Vs Phantasmo,