Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2022 NFL Draft 4/28 - 4/30

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I really think the Giants & Jets both move down with their 2nd picks. Jets reportedly love Treylon Burks but 10 feels too high for him. I don't think the Giants would take Wilson with Toney there as I feel like both are very similar players but Olave feels like a better complement to Toney. Drake London just feels like the preferred WR for the Eagles, that big body mismatch they really need.

I'm not sold the Patriots go WR, or even stick at 21, but I feel like they'd definitely take Williams if he were to fall there. My gut feeling is they trade down and try to target Jahan Dotson in Round 2 or somebody like Khalil Shakir in Round 3 or Round 4.

I don't think Chicago trades up but I wasn't really feeling any of the other options in regards to a team trade up at that spot. Not sold that Johnson drops that far but I have a feeling Thibodeux is seeing his stock falling a bit and could tumble. I think the Titans take Ojabo or he falls into Round 2 but the Titans have already proven they'll take a great talent who's injured for the future payoff.

Desmond Ridder could sneak into late round 1 and I think the Steelers are the spot. Just a matter of do they have the guts to take him at #20 or do they try to trade down and get him closer to that 27-32 area.

This draft feels like either 4-5 QBs go in Round 1 just because there's so few good options or it's like 2013 where you have 2, maybe 3 QBs get taken because the class is considered so weak.

Last edited:

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
On the Jets picking an OT at #4...

This probably sounds absurd, but that almost feels like it'd be a luxury pick for the Jets if only because their needs are so wide-ranging, that it'd seem wasteful to grab another OT instead of the pass rusher they've needed since forever, when they already have starters Mekhi Becton and George Fant on the roster. Now, Becton definitely has some question marks on durability, and Fant's contract is up after this year, so it's not necessarily a bad thing to plan for the future. And investing in the offensive line is rarely a bad idea.

They pretty much need everything, so I'll likely have little issue with whoever they take.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
On the Jets picking an OT at #4...

This probably sounds absurd, but that almost feels like it'd be a luxury pick for the Jets if only because their needs are so wide-ranging, that it'd seem wasteful to grab another OT instead of the pass rusher they've needed since forever, when they already have starters Mekhi Becton and George Fant on the roster. Now, Becton definitely has some question marks on durability, and Fant's contract is up after this year, so it's not necessarily a bad thing to plan for the future. And investing in the offensive line is rarely a bad idea.

They pretty much need everything, so I'll likely have little issue with whoever they take.
I've been reading that the Jets brass has really soured on Becton's weight issues, which was a pre-draft concern with him (he was reportedly over 400 pounds when dealing with his injury) and have basically told Fant this year it's his job to lose. I could see somebody like Cross starting Y1 at RT then switching over to LT if he can overtake Becton.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Several teams have Travon Walker as their #1 rated player on their board, so it will be interesting to see if the Jaguars take him or if another team actually tries to move up for him if he does slide to say the 6th - 8th spot.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I started laughing at pick 22 when I thought you had the Packers taking a Quarterback. Still laughing at no first round WRs for Green Bay and Rodgers.

That would be a great first round haul for the Giants to get Kyle Hamilton, Jordan Davis, and then Olave as a freebie.

0% chance Chicago trades up. They'll end up trading down a ton and end up with every pick in the 6th round.
Rodgers won't throw at him for 2 or 3 years anyway. May as well grab 3 or 4 WRs later and let Allan Lazard catch 80 forced throws this year. AR needs "trust".

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
We are 2 weeks away so here's Harley's Mock Draft 4.0 with trades!

2022 1st Round Draft Order
1. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Travon Walker
2. Detroit Lions - OT Evan Neal
3. Houston Texans - DE Aidan Hutchinson
4. New York Jets - OT Ikem Ekwonu
5. New York Giants - DT Jordan Davis
6. Carolina Panthers Washington Commanders - QB Kenny Pickett
7. New York Giants (via CHI) - OT Charles Cross
8. Atlanta Falcons - WR Garrett Wilson
9. Seattle Seahawks (via DEN) - DE Kayvon Thibodeaux
10. New York Jets (via SEA) - WR Drake London
11. Washington Commanders Carolina Panthers - QB Malik Willis
12. Minnesota Vikings Pittsburgh Steelers - QB Matt Corral
13. Houston Texans (via CLE) - CB Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner
14. Baltimore Ravens - DE Jermaine Johnson
15. Philadelphia Eagles (via MIA) - WR Chris Olave
16. New Orleans Saints (via PHI, via IND) Dallas Cowboys - CB Derek Stingley Jr.
17. Los Angeles Chargers - OT Trevor Penning
18. Philadelphia Eagles (via NO) Kansas City Chiefs - WR Jameson Williams
19. New Orleans Saints (via PHI) - S Kyle Hamilton
20. Pittsburgh Steelers Minnesota Vikings - DE George Karlaftis
21. New England Patriots Tennessee Titans - WR Treylon Burks
22. Green Bay Packers (via LV) - LB Devin Lloyd
23. Arizona Cardinals - OG Kenyon Green
24. Dallas Cowboys New Orleans Saints - QB Sam Howell
25. Buffalo Bills - LB Nakobe Dean
26. Tennessee Titans New England Patriots - CB Andrew Booth Jr
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - OG Zion Johnson
28. Green Bay Packers - WR Jahan Dotson
29. Kansas City Chiefs (via MIA, via SF) Philadelphia Eagles Indianapolis Colts - CB Kyler Gordon
30. Kansas City Chiefs - DT Devonte Wyatt
31. Cincinnati Bengals - OT Tyler Smith
32. Detroit Lions (via LAR) - S Daxton Hill

Staff member
Reaction score
The Travon Walker thing is like Dion Jordan and Solomon Thomas all over again. What about his production on the field?

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
We are less than a week away so here's Harley's Mock Draft 5.0. This has been one of the toughest drafts in terms of trying to mock because there are so many variables in teams moving up or down, needs, and the potential for surprise picks.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Aidan Hutchinson ... Gut feeling is Trent Baalke is forced to make the "safe" #1 pick here.
2. Detroit Lions - DE Travon Walker ... Detroit could very easily go OT or Thibodeaux here. The fact a lot of teams have Walker as their #1 rated player leads me to believe that Detroit may take him at #2.
3. Houston Texans - OT Evan Neal ... If Neal gets taken at #2, I think they go with Ekwonu but I'm 99% sold they go OT at 3.
4. New York Jets - DE Kayvon Thibodeaux ... I'm not sold they don't go with Ekwonu if he falls here but I also don't know if they can pass up Thibodeaux's talent either, especially with having 2 picks in the Top 10.
5. New York Giants - OT Ikem Ekwonu ... They reportedly love Charles Cross but I think they snatch up Ekwonu if he falls to them.
6. Carolina Panthers Seattle Seahawks - CB Ahmad Gardner ... Seattle could use help defensively and Gardner, in any other draft, probably would be a Top 4 pick so Seattle jumps up to snag him ahead of the Giants and Falcons.
7. New York Giants (via CHI) - WR Garrett Wilson ... They need another weapon offensively and Kadarius Toney is already pulling drama.
8. Atlanta Falcons - WR Jameson Williams ... Atlanta goes back to the Alabama well and plucks Williams. They aren't in a win now situation and can wait for him to heal up.
9. Seattle Seahawks (via DEN) Carolina Panthers - QB Kenny Pickett ... A lot of people love Malik Willis, including myself, but Rhule has ties to Pickett in trying to recruit him and this feels like a gut selection.
10. New York Jets (via SEA) New Orleans Saints - QB Malik Willis ... Saints trade up after being unable to move into the Top 8 while the Jets accumulate more draft capital.
11. Washington Commanders - OT Charles Cross ... Washington needs to keep Wentz upright and this is the best pass blocking OT in the draft.
12. Minnesota Vikings - CB Derek Stingley Jr ... Vikings badly need a lockdown #1 CB and Stingley will be that guy for them to try and push the team into the playoffs.
13. Houston Texans (via CLE) - DT Jordan Davis ... Nick Caserio cannot call this pick in fast enough and gets a more athletic Vince Wilfork for that defense.
14. Baltimore Ravens - S Kyle Hamilton ... Ravens always love value and this guy can bring to mind Ed Reed at times. Hard to pass him up IMO.
15. Philadelphia Eagles (via MIA) - WR Drake London ... The Eagles have struggled finding a top WR but they hope the pairing of London with DeVonta Smith can help turn Jalen Hurts loose at the QB position.
16. New Orleans Saints (via PHI, via IND) New York Jets - WR Treylon Burks ... Reportedly the Jets love Burks and have him as their #1 WR. He represents better value here at the 16 spot.
17. Los Angeles Chargers - DE Jermaine Johnson ... Chargers beefed up their defense last year and this offseason and continue that focus.
18. Philadelphia Eagles (via NO) Kansas City Chiefs - WR Chris Olave ... Chiefs can't pass up making a move to snag Olave to re-deepen their WR room and keep pace with the rest of the AFC West.
19. New Orleans Saints (via PHI) New York Jets - OT Trevor Penning ... They gotta keep Zach Wilson upright and reach for a potential All-Pro level talent.
20. Pittsburgh Steelers - QB Matt Corral ... I'm not 100% sold they go QB in the first round but it'd be hard to pass up Matt Corral and he can challenge Trubisky out of the gate.
21. New England Patriots Tampa Bay Buccaneers - OG Kenyon Green ... Bucs get aggressive and trade up for Green, who can play anywhere on the line while replacing Ali Marpet. Patriots gladly move down for the value.
22. Green Bay Packers (via LV) - DE/OLB George Karlaftis ... No real value WRs left so Green Bay targets an outside edge rusher who can make an immediate impact.
23. Arizona Cardinals - LB Nakobe Dean ... Arizona took a stud LB last year and take another stud LB in Dean to pair together.
24. Dallas Cowboys - LB Devin Lloyd ... Much like Arizona, Dallas saw what Micah Parsons gave them and bring in another LB who can play inside or outside.
25. Buffalo Bills Jacksonville Jaguars - OG Zion Johnson ... Bills trade down for more picks while the Jaguars move up to help Lawrence and the running game with a sound, dominant OG.
26. Tennessee Titans - CB Andrew Booth Jr ... Titans could go in a lot of directions but you can never have enough CB help and Booth can be a shutdown CB in a division that will need them.
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers New England Patriots - S Daxton Hill ... Belichick leans to Michigan again and takes an incredibly athletic safety.
28. Green Bay Packers - WR Jahan Dotson ... Packers finally take a 1st Round WR by reaching a bit for Dotson who definitely has 1st Round ability.
29. Kansas City Chiefs (via MIA, via SF) Philadelphia Eagles - CB Kairr Elam ... Not a lot of value here but I think they target the secondary and add depth to combat Dallas and the moves made by the Giants.
30. Kansas City Chiefs Philadelphia Eagles Atlanta Falcons - QB Desmond Ridder ... Falcons are aggressive and take Ridder here while the Eagles get more picks in the mid-rounds. There's no guarantee Ridder falls to 43 and Ridder can sit behind Mariota this year.
31. Cincinnati Bengals - C Tyler Linderbaum ... Cincinnati isn't guaranteed to go OL but I don't know if they can pass up on far & away the best Center in the entire draft. He could easily be a 10+ year starter and Pro Bowler.
32. Detroit Lions (via LAR) Washington Commanders - QB Sam Howell ... They can say Wentz is the future all they want but they need a true future QB. Howell is a risky pick but he can also sit behind Wentz for this season.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Stuff like this fascinates me from both a coaching perspective and a FO/GM perspective: "Word I’m (PFN's Tony Pauline) getting, whether it’s the Jets or other teams in the top 10, is the coaches love Kayvon Thibodeaux, but the front office personnel has a lot of concerns. This makes perfect sense and is something I’ve spoken about often in the past, including on that New York Post podcast. The coaches see the film on Thibodeaux, see the potential, and feel they can coach the best out of him. Front office people see the red flags and want to back off."

We've seen plenty of 1st Round Top 10 pass rushers struggle somewhat to be the next Bruce Smith/Reggie White level elite pass rusher: 2014's Jadeveon Clowney has 41.5 Sacks for his career and has already played for 4 teams before age 30, Dante Fowler & Vic Beasley in 2015 have both underwhelmed outside of a single season or two, Solomon Thomas has been a glorified run stopper at best with limited pass rush flashes, and even Bradley Chubb hasn't lived up to what he's showcased in his rookie year.

S Kyle Hamilton is being projected by some NFL teams to fall into that 15-20 pick area, which is interesting. He's 6'4" 220 running in the 4.55 range but some people cite that as leading him to a slide. My gut is that he goes between 10-14 as I'd be shocked if he fell past the Baltimore Ravens. He also has the frame to where he could bulk up to 230-235 and even be utilized as a box LB/SS hybrid who can cover the TEs.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Stuff like this fascinates me from both a coaching perspective and a FO/GM perspective: "Word I’m (PFN's Tony Pauline) getting, whether it’s the Jets or other teams in the top 10, is the coaches love Kayvon Thibodeaux, but the front office personnel has a lot of concerns. This makes perfect sense and is something I’ve spoken about often in the past, including on that New York Post podcast. The coaches see the film on Thibodeaux, see the potential, and feel they can coach the best out of him. Front office people see the red flags and want to back off."

We've seen plenty of 1st Round Top 10 pass rushers struggle somewhat to be the next Bruce Smith/Reggie White level elite pass rusher: 2014's Jadeveon Clowney has 41.5 Sacks for his career and has already played for 4 teams before age 30, Dante Fowler & Vic Beasley in 2015 have both underwhelmed outside of a single season or two, Solomon Thomas has been a glorified run stopper at best with limited pass rush flashes, and even Bradley Chubb hasn't lived up to what he's showcased in his rookie year.

S Kyle Hamilton is being projected by some NFL teams to fall into that 15-20 pick area, which is interesting. He's 6'4" 220 running in the 4.55 range but some people cite that as leading him to a slide. My gut is that he goes between 10-14 as I'd be shocked if he fell past the Baltimore Ravens. He also has the frame to where he could bulk up to 230-235 and even be utilized as a box LB/SS hybrid who can cover the TEs.

I've been very curious if a lot of the concerns about Thibodeaux is more the teams 4-9 hoping he falls to them and then the group think takes over.

Didn't Hamilton run an even slower 40 time at his Pro Day at ND? I think it's pretty silly if he falls out of the Top 10 for that reason, and as a Bengals fan I'll certainly be hoping the Vikings take him at 12 so the Ravens don't get him.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
To be fair, Clowney got injured his rookie year playing on the Texans shitty grid style turf and also had BoB as his head coach.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been very curious if a lot of the concerns about Thibodeaux is more the teams 4-9 hoping he falls to them and then the group think takes over.

Didn't Hamilton run an even slower 40 time at his Pro Day at ND? I think it's pretty silly if he falls out of the Top 10 for that reason, and as a Bengals fan I'll certainly be hoping the Vikings take him at 12 so the Ravens don't get him.
You're right, he ran a 4.59 at the Combine and a 4.70 40 at his Pro Day. One thing I have noticed is that Hamilton is a slow accelerator on film but when he gets up to speed, he's fast enough, especially at 220 pounds. He plays closer to that 4.55-4.60 range on the tape.

He timed at a 1.57 10 split and 2.67 20 split compared to his Pro Day's 1.68 10/2.65 20 Split. Worth noting is he had a 6.90 3 Cone, which is excellent for a CB nevermind a 6'4" 220 pound Safety.

The tweet below is a great example that he plays faster than 4.70 IMO.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Did a few Bears mock drafts the past few weeks with no trades.

Bears need every position. Main draft targets are positions we can get good value at.
Draft Targets: WR, OT, IOL, DT, LB, CB, S

I'm going to mix it up a little this year and breakdown pick by pick who I'm considering in what order instead of posting a traditional mock draft results. Bears have no 1st round pick. They have two 2nd's, and a 3rd. Two 5th's and a 6th.

PICK 39:
WR George Pickens, Georgia, 6'3, 200 lbs
There's a lot to like about Pickens. There's even more to like if he falls to pick 48 for Chicago. Pickens would replace the void left by Allen Robinson in 2020, and the ghost of Allen Robinson in 2021. Pickens really is a first round talent. The ACL injury bumped him into the 2nd. He returned for the college football playoffs and looked fine. Pickens has a smiliar profile to AJ Brown, albeit 20 lbs less muscle.

WR Skyy Moore, Western Michigan, 5'10, 190 lbs
Skyy Moore is the top WR option on the board for me in the early 2nd. About 20% of the time he manages to fall to the Bears at 39. Probably another 20% he goes to the Jets at pick 38. If he falls, I think he has to be the Bears pick. I'd take him over George Pickens because there is more certainty with Moore's game. I'm not really convinced Justin Fields will be capable of actually getting the ball to a Pickens type alpha WR. Pickens is the bigger bodied guy, but Moore is really great at setting up defenders and getting open. I feel like Moore is a better version of Darnell Mooney.

DT Travis Jones, Connecticut, 6'4, 325 lbs
Jones is a guy in a lot of mocks I keep taking with the Bears first 2nd round pick, when he falls. He's available there around 60% of the time. Bears have very minimal IDL depth from switching to a 4-3 scheme this offseason. They made it a priority to fill that hole through free agency. They eventually landed Justin Jones on a one year deal. The mega dotelboner.jpg that Matt Eberflus would get from landing Travis Jones would be off the charts. Travis Jones easily could be the best DT in the draft over Jordan Davis & Devonte Wyatt. Early on, I was able to snag Travis Jones with the Bears 48th pick. Now he is mocking very early 2nd.

OT Tyler Smith, Tulsa, 6'5, 324 lbs
Tyler Smith who I feel is a late 1st, very early 2nd round is a good snag here. Smith is a quality run blocker. One thing he needs to clean up is holding penalties. He can fall into the bullpen of young tackles that Chicago has. Hopefully between Smith, Tevin Jenkins, and Larry Borom one would develop enough to secure a LT or RT spot ahead of 2023. Other than his handsy holding issues, I think Smith would be an upgrade of Jenkins & Borom week one.

CB Kyler Gordon, Washington, 5'11, 194 lbs
If all else fails, I would be fine with taking Kyler Gordon at pick 39. There really aren't many other CBs options available later on for Chicago. They have an opening at CB2 next to Jaylon Johnson. I see Thomas Graham Jr filling the nickle corner role over shitty Duke Shelley. Gordon projects as an early 2nd round pick. He never fell in any mocks I did to pick 48. If the Bears care to address CB2, this is the spot to do it.

PICK 48:
Obviously if any of those Pick 39 options fall to 48 we will consider them. Onto the new names we are starting to consider. Chicago should start to loom at LB options here.

LB Quay Walker, Georgia, 6'4, 241 lbs
Walker is potentially an option at pick 39, eventhough I really don't like going LB there. Walker I expect to be gone by 48, but if he is still there he's the best fit. Sure tackler. Good in pass and run coverage. Makes the players around him better.

LB Leo Chenal, Wisconsin, 6'3, 250 lbs
Chenal keeps rising and rising through the past few weeks. Outside of Roquan Smith, the Bears linebackers are non-existant. Chenal would pair with wrecking ball Roquan Smith very well. Chenal is on the Micah Parsons spectrum in terms of the disruption that he can cause. Roquan will probably be the SAM linebacker and Chenal would slot in to the MIKE role.

LB Troy Andersen, Montana State, 6'3, 242 lbs
Another potential LB option for Chicago to consider is Troy Andersen. Andersen is a more complete player and better athlete than Chenal. His main red flag is lack of experience. His testing numbers are for size/speed is off the charts. I like Andersen a lot more at pick 71, but I don't see him lasting that long.

PICK 71:
We're starting to consider some interior OL here. Any OT's taken here are gonna be hard pressed to be of starter caliber. OG's however we're still in the meat of the top 10 at the position.

OG Dylan Parham, Memphis, 6'3, 311 lbs
Parham is a little small but his athletism makes up for it. He actually bulked up for the Senior Bowl which is good. Bears lost James Daniels this year to free agency. They'll lose Cody Whitehair after 2022. IOL will need to be addressed soon.

OG Cole Strange, Chattanooga, 6'5, 307 lbs
Strange is a guy I typically draft at this 3rd round pick. He's a 3rd/4th rd talent so he usually falls. Like Parham he would be a solid fit for Chicago. Strange also could see some action at center also.

WR Jalen Tolbert, South Alabama, 6'1, 194 lbs
In the event that we missed on Pickens or Moore in the 2nd round. Tolbert would be a nice option in the 3rd. I'm not a big fan of the Round 3 WR options. Tolbert I prefer as an option over Alec Pierce from Cincy who I have heard some Bears interest rumors. Pierce just seems like a contested catch guy in the redzone and Chicago doesn't have a use for that at this point. Rather have Tolbert here who has a better overall game.

DE Josh Paschal, Kentucky, 6'3, 268 lbs
I like the idea of taking a stab ay a high upside edge defender here. Edge is very expensive to go out and sign a free agent difference maker so it makes sense to keep the depth chart full. Edge is one of the areas Chicago doesn't need replacement starters yet, but in 2023 they could need one if they move Robert Quinn. Paschal is pretty raw with a good motor. I like him more as a 4th rd pick, but since Chicago doesn't have one, I'll highlight him here.

-------------
Now on to the second half of the Bears picks, two 5ths, and a 6th.

PICK 148:
WR Bo Melton, Rutgers, 5'11, 189 lbs
Probably 80% of the mocks I did the past few weeks Melton falls to this area of the 5th. I'll gladly take him here at 148 regardless of any potential WRs we got in the first three picks. Melton was hidden on terrible Rutgers teams, but he is worth looking at. Melton has 4.34 spees, the strength to have broken double digit tackles in the past two seasons. He's really the only late round WR I'm looking at. As I talkes about with Skyy Moore, Melton has a similar profile to Darnell Mooney who I don't see Chicago wanting to overpay on in a year with a contract extension.

PICK 150:
More than likely we weren't able to address CB in the early rounds so we should at least be able to find someone to play the slot corner here if they can't hang as a CB2.

CB Marcus Jones, Houston, 5'8, 174 lbs
Bears need a returner also and Jones could help put there also. I've seen him mocked anywhere from the 3rd to 5th rounds. He would potentially be an option at Pick 71, but I'd feel not very confident in him there.

CB Joshua Williams, Fayetteville St, 6'3, 195 lbs
Williams should actually be available at this pick. Not the fastesr and could grt burned by pure speed WRs. He'll have to use his size and length to deal with that.

CB Cordale Flott, LSU, 6'0, 175 lbs
Flott would be drafted pretty much to be looked at as a slot corner. Bears need one. Anyone would be better than Duke Shelley getting burnes by everyone.

DE Dominique Robinson, Miami (OH)
Robinson is a raw talent that could fill in some Edge depth for Chicago behind Robert Quinn and Trevis Gipson. I'm looking at value here in trying to find cheap edge defender depth that have starting potential. This is in preparation for Robert Quinn eventually getting traded.

PICK 186:
OG/OT Cordell Volson, North Dakota State
OT Braxton Jones, Southern Utah
I like taking late stabs in the 6th or 7th at bench OL depth. Bears have a lot of holes to fill on the OL. Volson and Jones could be nice gets.

RB Kevin Harris, South Carolina
RB Tyler Goodson, Iowa
Another position I like in the 5th/6th is taking a stab at RB depth. Chicago has two solid options with Montgomery & Herbert. After that the depth chart is weak.

OG/FB Jason Poe, Mercer
Sometimes when you need an IOL and are a team that actually signed a fullback in the offseason you look at a bowling ball like guard Jason Poe with 4.89 speed as a nice round 6 or 7 option. Chicago Bears fans appreciate fat guy touchdowns whether they are offense or defense. Poe could definitely see some goal line FB looks.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Rare pre-NFL Draft swap of picks!

Patriots sent their 5th Rounder - #170 to Houston for their 6th Rounder - #183 and 7th Rounder - #245. Don't be surprised if Belichick uses a 7th Rounder to take either E.J. Perry or D'Eriq King to convert them from QB to WR either.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Harley's Final Mock Draft
I had several players fall further than they may on the actual draft night but that also speaks to how many different ways this draft could fall and that there isn't a real "consensus" for which players teams are inherently locked in on compared to past years as a lot of teams seem to have 3-5 logical choices for their spots.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Travon Walker. Bettors have suddenly made Walker the odds-on favorite to go #1 and I trust what they're hearing.
2. Detroit Lions - DE Aidan Hutchinson
3. Houston Texans - CB Ahmad Gardner
4. New York Jets - OT Ikem Ekwonu
5. New York Giants - OT Evan Neal
6. Carolina Panthers - WR Garrett Wilson. 6 is too high for a QB in this class and I think Carolina tries to bring in a weapon and trade back up later.
7. New York Giants (via CHI) - DT Jordan Davis
8. Atlanta Falcons - DE Kayvon Thibodeaux. WR is pretty deep in this class and Thibodeaux was once thought of as potentially being the #1 pick.
9. Seattle Seahawks (via DEN) Houston Texans - OT Charles Cross
10. New York Jets (via SEA) - CB Derek Stingley Jr
11. Washington Commanders - WR Jameson Williams
12. Minnesota Vikings - DE Jermaine Johnson
13. Houston Texans (via CLE) Seattle Seahawks - QB Malik Willis. I don't know if Willis falls this far but Seattle aren't afraid to make "outside the box" choices compared to mock drafters.
14. Baltimore Ravens - DE/OLB George Karlaftis
15. Philadelphia Eagles (via MIA) - WR Chris Olave
16. New Orleans Saints (via PHI, via IND) - OT Trevor Penning
17. Los Angeles Chargers - LB Devin Lloyd
18. Philadelphia Eagles (via NO) - LB Nakobe Dean
19. New Orleans Saints (via PHI) - QB Kenny Pickett
20. Pittsburgh Steelers - S Kyle Hamilton
21. New England Patriots - CB Andrew Booth Jr
22. Green Bay Packers (via LV) - WR Drake London. Realistically, I don't think he or Burks fall this far but we've seen surprises happen in real life where guys fell further than they were being mocked.
23. Arizona Cardinals New York Jets - WR Treylon Burks. A dream scenario for the Jets to trade up from the 2nd Round and get this guy here.
24. Dallas Cowboys - S Daxton Hill
25. Buffalo Bills - RB Breece Hall
26. Tennessee Titans Seattle Seahawks - OG Zion Johnson. Seattle gets their mobile QB of the future earlier and a lockdown interior OG to help the run game.
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - OG Kenyon Green
28. Green Bay Packers - DT Devonte Wyatt. There's always a few "2nd Round" players who slide up into the end of the 1st Round and this guy would be a 1st Round pick if he hadn't been overshadowed by Walker and Davis.
29. Kansas City Chiefs (via MIA, via SF) Washington Commanders - QB Sam Howell. They sent a large contingent to watch him and my gut is they trade up from 47 to take a QB late in the 1st Round. Biggest question is who their trade partner is.
30. Kansas City Chiefs - S Lewis Cine. They need a replacement for the Honey Badger and this guy's a legitimate thumper from an SEC program
31. Cincinnati Bengals - OT Tyler Smith. Bit of a reach here but he can play either outside at OT or inside at OG.
32. Detroit Lions (via LAR) - CB Kairr Elam

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I think it's almost safe money, if Tyler Linderbaum falls to the Bengals at 31 they take him. He'll end up being a ten year plus pro-bowl center. I know they signed Ted Karras, but they can just move him to guard.

And for the Jaguars, in the past week or so the Travon Walker over Aidan Hutchinson talk 1st overall has gained traction.

One think I heard, Jags GM Trent Baalke and Jim Harbaugh hate each other from their time in San Francisco. Rumor has it, Baalke hates Harbaugh so much that he wouldn't want to take Hutchinson a Harbaugh Michigan player 1st overall. This is an absolute crazy and a very Jacksonville way of determining who to draft. Hutchinson is by far the more sure thing of a player with the stats and combine numbers to back it up. Walker really only has a few better combine numbers and limited stats.

It's always good to draft after the Jaguars. Lions are gonna luck into Hutchinson at 2nd overall.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess there's some chatter that the Bills might go with this but I'd much prefer going CB unless you think there isn't a big talent gap there post round 1?
Pretty much that. I think there's a lot of solid CBs in that 2nd-4th Round Tier: Roger McCreary, Kyler Gordon, Alontae Taylor, Josh Jobe, Akayleb Evans, Coby Bryant, Cam Taylor-Britt, etc.

But there's basically 3 RBs on that Najee Harris "level": Breece Hall, Kenneth Walker, and maybe Isaiah Spiller depending on the team and its depth chart. After that is a bunch of receiving RBs who could work in committees but don't quite have the polish to be the every-down bellcow RB or big RBs ala Brian Robinson Jr./Dameon Pierce who don't have that top tier elite athleticism to pop off the tape like an Adrian Peterson/Saquon Barkley/etc.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's almost safe money, if Tyler Linderbaum falls to the Bengals at 31 they take him. He'll end up being a ten year plus pro-bowl center. I know they signed Ted Karras, but they can just move him to guard.

And for the Jaguars, in the past week or so the Travon Walker over Aidan Hutchinson talk 1st overall has gained traction.

One think I heard, Jags GM Trent Baalke and Jim Harbaugh hate each other from their time in San Francisco. Rumor has it, Baalke hates Harbaugh so much that he wouldn't want to take Hutchinson a Harbaugh Michigan player 1st overall. This is an absolute crazy and a very Jacksonville way of determining who to draft. Hutchinson is by far the more sure thing of a player with the stats and combine numbers to back it up. Walker really only has a few better combine numbers and limited stats.

It's always good to draft after the Jaguars. Lions are gonna luck into Hutchinson at 2nd overall.
Are the Jaguars the new version of the 90s/early 00s Arizona Cardinals where they just fuck it up on their 1st Round picks year after year and you know they'll fuck it up?

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Bills are the only team in the 1st round that should actually consider a RB. For me it's Breece Hall & Kenneth Walker and that's about it. Really I could see the Bills trading down and still getting Hall or Walker. That Bills 1st could be a slot some team moves back into the 1st round to take a QB.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Lions walking away with Sewell last year and Hutchinson this year would be hilarious.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I was bored so here's a chaotic morning of the NFL Draft - Mock Draft via PFF!

1651145279472.png

Reactions: HSJ

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t watch a lot of college football and feel free to quote this later, but Aiden Hutchison is gonna be a Mandarich-level bust.

Yeah I think he sucks

Also, this isn't HQ's fault because someone's going to do it but drafting a corner from Cincinnati that high? Mad questionable look at the receivers this dude faced every week. You shouldn't be getting picked that high because you can shut down the gutter trash of college football. The idea that dude is better than Stingley is absolutely insane IMO

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I think he sucks

Also, this isn't HQ's fault because someone's going to do it but drafting a corner from Cincinnati that high? Mad questionable look at the receivers this dude faced every week. You shouldn't be getting picked that high because you can shut down the gutter trash of college football. The idea that dude is better than Stingley is absolutely insane IMO
I don't quite buy that argument (although I get it). J.C. Jackson came out of Maryland, Darrelle Revis came out of Pittsburgh, Xavien Howard came out of Baylor. I do think Stingley is better but probably won't be the 1st CB taken.

It is interesting to compare him to teammate Coby Bryant from 2019-2021. Bryant is typically projected Round 3-5.
Ahmad Gardner = 68 Solo Tackles, 5.5 TFL, 3.5 Sacks, 9 INT, 16 PD
Coby Bryant = 102 Solo Tackles, 5.0 TFL, 0.0 Sacks, 7 INT, 26 PD

I don't always buy/trust PFF's "grades" on players, especially in the college football landscape, but I do think production should count for something and Bryant had way more solo tackles & passes defended. Caveat being I don't always follow that rule either e.g. my man crush on Velus Jones Jr.

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't quite buy that argument (although I get it). J.C. Jackson came out of Maryland, Darrelle Revis came out of Pittsburgh, Xavien Howard came out of Baylor.

Those are major conferences though.

The highest ranked WR prospects out of the American are ranked #94, Cincy guy doesn't count cause it's his own team, and that's it. That makes me very nervous. The only top CB to play in a small conference in college was James Bradberry, William Jackson III played in the American...I'm taking a huge pass on Gardner. That's not me saying he won't be good but in this draft that's a risk I don't think is worth taking.

I mean a first round CB should look good against that competition, right? So should a second and third round CB.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Those are major conferences though.

The highest ranked WR prospects out of the American are ranked #94, Cincy guy doesn't count cause it's his own team, and that's it. That makes me very nervous. The only top CB to play in a small conference in college was James Bradberry, William Jackson III played in the American...I'm taking a huge pass on Gardner. That's not me saying he won't be good but in this draft that's a risk I don't think is worth taking.

I mean a first round CB should look good against that competition, right? So should a second and third round CB.
Yeah, it feels like teams are overvaluing his closing burst (which is good) but Gardner got beat off the line a lot by pure speed and the QB competition against him wasn't that elite. Better college QBs would've completed certain passes that Gardner made plays on IMO. For CBs, as much as I care about the WRs they play, I'm also intrigued by the QBs they face because playing against a Tom Brady or even a Kirk Cousins in the NFL vs. Teddy Bridgewater or Sam Darnold are wildly different too.

Mike Hughes was the only 1st Round CB taken out of the American Conference in 2018 (UCF) and he went 30th. He's had an okay career, somewhat underwhelming for being a 30th pick. Byron Jones went 27th back in 2015, was switched to Safety then returned to CB in 2018, and he's been a good tackler who can make a play on the ball but just can't get the INT numbers that CBs should have.

The highest American Conference player taken was Ed Oliver in 2019 at 9 Overall and he's been solid but not amazing too.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I'm to the point that I don't put stock in the school/conference a guy played in a lot. Sure, if it's some FCS shit than yeah you better be looking like a man amongst boys. Competition is a factor but it isn't going to be a tipping point for me in selecting a guy. I've seen too many big conference bums get taken too highly because they played on teams like Alabama, Gerogia, or Ohio State.