Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2022 NFL Offseason

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't they do that already at least once a year? I thought just about every team did the throwbacks (excepting teams that aren't old enough).
Patriots couldn't wear those particular red throwbacks due to the new rules about the helmets that were finally changed last season IIRC. Patriots haven't worn them since 2012 I believe.

"The Patriots wore the red jerseys once a year for the next three seasons, but a 2013 rule-change outlawing alternate helmets took the fan-favorite threads out of the rotation ... In a memo to teams this summer, however, the NFL allowed teams to use alternate helmets again as early as 2022 if they notified the league by July 31."

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Cleveland’s got a QB who has/had 24 charges against him and is awaiting a long term suspension. Meanwhile on the other side of the state, the QB there is making these comments. The gap between quality human beings couldn’t be more evident than this right here.

1656356182513.png

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Yeah, I think they only wore the old red jerseys 2-3 times in the Brady era and never since.
I remember it specifically because that was the uniform during this game:

This was the last bit of football I saw for a while, as it was on my way to Fort Knox. No way I'd forget that last chance at seeing TV for a while.

EDIT: The link is from an NFL-based YT channel! The fuck! Here, an alternate, because this uniform has been worn multiple times:

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Baker to Panthers for 5th rounder

Edit: Also, Carolina hosts Cleveland in week 1

Last edited:

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Baker to Panthers for 5th rounder

Edit: Also, Carolina hosts Cleveland in week 1
Depending on playing time I believe, that could become a 4th Rounder too.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Someone should goon him Burfict-style in the first game

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Someone should goon him Burfict-style in the first game
I usually take the high road for jokes about injuring athletes*, even division rivals like Cam Newton and Matt Ryan will have me wish them well in their injury recoveries. But in the Watson case, no matter where he's playing, I support your post. It makes me sick my team even entertained trading for him.

*I demanded action when the Bountygate news broke, too, but in the months and years that followed have developed animosity over how it was handled on the investigation side. This is not the post for this.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's a sad sign of the times when we're mourning losing corporately sponsored stadium names for a lamer sounding corporate stadium names.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of USFL guys getting signed to training camp/pre-season rosters. While leagues like the USFL/XFL aren't "elite" like the NFL, I'm always glad to see such players get opportunities they may not have gotten otherwise.

Also looks like Malcolm Perry has retired as the Patriots placed him on their reserve/retired list.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I assure you players like Favre and Big Ben weren’t putting in four hrs of “independent studies” either.

There’s a reason the Cardinals leaked this detail and it’s pretty fucking transparent.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Chris Carson is retiring due to his neck injuries. Sucks to see that happen but hopefully it doesn't effect him too much in the future.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Injuries are accruing...

DT Maurice Hurst of the 49ers is having surgery for a torn biceps, he's done for the year. Raiders placed DE/OLB Kyler Fackrell on IR, ending his season too.

Reaction score
chapelle-charlie-murphy.gif

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Tim Patrick has torn his ACL and is out for the year. Broncos already rueing getting BIG RUSS!