Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2024 Election

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s weird he is starting these rumors again on his own after his summer comeback.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
way too optimistic to believe it'd destroy the GOP. I'm sure it'll be damaging but they've shown a great deal of durability from infighting in the past. Beyond that Trump has a lot of other problems coming up that might make the election moot and cause his people to switch focus.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not even. I think candidates are going to start announcing their campaigns early next year and we'll have the first primary debates (assuming there are debates) next summer

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I meanthere is like 2 to 4 post months after the POTUS election where everyone wonders WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF THE PARTY but pretty much, yeah.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
@BruiserBrody nodding.

Kamala Harris sucks and I don't want to defend her but has she done anything specifically horrible to justify replacing her on the ticket?

And I don't think she's a bad politician. She's just a not very good person!

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
has she done anything to justify staying on the ticket? What positives is she adding? She's been a totally nonexistent VP and I don't think she adds anything at all.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What did Mike Pence add to the Trump ticket? At least half of veeps have just been kind of meaningless figureheads. Replacing a VP just for the sake of replacing them seems like bad optics.

I might feel differently if Biden had someone super strong on the bench to make #2 but Idk if anyone's there that can put the cheese on the Whooper IRT rallying the Democratic base.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mike Pence was meant to appeal to traditional conservatives and republicans who didnt fit the normal Trump base and send the message that there would be an adult in the room.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Again I don't want it to seem like I'm defending Kamala as a good VP but I just feel like he needs a better reason (or at least a good choice for replacement) than her not being well liked.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
has she done anything to justify staying on the ticket? What positives is she adding? She's been a totally nonexistent VP and I don't think she adds anything at all.
Not to rehash this argument but I just saw these posts and while I agree with you completely, I feel like it would significantly break precedent for an incumbent to kick a VP off the re-election ticket.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree it is uncommon, but if FDR can have 3 different VP's than Biden can change it up. I think it would be far more likely that she would be pressured to step back behind the scenes than outright kicked off, and she really isn't popular enough that anyone would care.

It's kind of moot because I don't think anyone wants Biden to run again either.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I agree it is uncommon, but if FDR can have 3 different VP's than Biden can change it up. I think it would be far more likely that she would be pressured to step back behind the scenes than outright kicked off, and she really isn't popular enough that anyone would care.

It's kind of moot because I don't think anyone wants Biden to run again either.
Do you want to be the one to tell her “Your services are no longer needed.”?