King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
AEW Double or Nothing
May 29th, 2022
Live from T-Mobile Arena in Paradise, Nevada

AEW World Championship match

Hangman Adam Page (c) Vs CM Punk

MJF Vs Wardlow (If Wardlow wins, he's granted his release from MJF's contract. If MJF wins, Wardlow is permanently banned from AEW)

Men's Owen Hart Cup Tournament Finals
Samoa Joe Vs Adam Cole

Women's Owen Hart Cup Tournament Finals
Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. Vs Ruby Soho

Anarchy in the Arena ten man
Eddie Kingston, Santana & Ortiz, and Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley & Bryan Danielson) (with William Regal) Vs Jericho Appreciation Society (Chris Jericho, Jake Hager, Daniel Garcia, and 2.0)

The Young Bucks (with Brandon Cutler) Vs The Hardy Boyz

AEW Women's World Championship match
Thunder Rosa (c) Vs Serena Deeb

Three way tag team match for the AEW World Tag Team titles
Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus (c) (With Christian Cage) (c) Vs Team Taz (Ricky Starks & Powerhouse Hobbs) Vs Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland

AEW TBS Women's Championship match
Jade Cargill (c) (with Red Velvet and Kiera Hogan) Vs Anna Jay

Six man tag team match
House of Black (Malakai Black, Buddy Matthews, and Brody King) Vs Death Triangle (PAC, Penta Oscuro, and Ray Fenix) (with Alex Abrahantes)

Darby Allin Vs Kyle O'Reilly

Six person tag team match
Men of the Year (Scorpio Sky, Ethan Page, and Paige Van Zant) (with Dan Lambert) Vs Sammy Guevara, Kaz, and Tay Conti

Buy In pre-show match
Hookhausen Vs Tony Nese & Smart Mark Sterling

Last edited:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
So I suppose they're holding off on Paige Van Zant's wrestling debut? Looked like they were building to Sammy/Tay vs ATT/Paige

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
HOB/Triangle is like a who's who of people I'm actually interested in watching these days...

...and PAC.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
There are 11 matches on the main show and Tony Khan said if the Heat force game 7 that Punk-Page won't start until after the game and implied he has permission to run past midnight.

This show is insane

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Part me thinks it's way too many matches, and will dilute the last two-three matches. But I'm go to order the PPV regardless, so I guess it doesn't matter from AEW's perspective. It makes me wonder how much energy the crowd will have going into that fourth hour.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Since AEW has so few PPVs and WWE struggles to stack their shows, I'm totally fine with a 12-match card of exciting matches. I agree not every match needs to be a 10-15 minute instant classic, though.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
On that note, it wouldn't shock me if there was a backstage angle with the 10-man tag where the face team was arguing over who the Team Captain should be while Excalibur casually mentions the match isn't happening.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
The Hookhausen match should be on the main show as a cooldown match. The only time AEW has done that well was when they stuck Wight/Marshall near the end of that one PPV.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idk. I think the Hookhausen match is a perfect, feel good pre-show match to potentially get casuals drawn into the show. If you swap it with anything else on the card, some segment of the fanbase be like "WHY IS THIS MATCH ON THE PRE-SHOW!?

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idk. I think the Hookhausen match is a perfect, feel good pre-show match to potentially get casuals drawn into the show. If you swap it with anything else on the card, some segment of the fanbase be like "WHY IS THIS MATCH ON THE PRE-SHOW!?

Darby/Kyle should be the pre-show match to draw fans in, but you're right, fans will freak out if Darby is on a pre-show.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I'm not feeling Hookhausen like they want me to yet so I'm fine with the preshow.

I'm really not feeling Cole/Joe and really REALLY not feeling Hardys/Bucks but the rest has something I'd be into. Punk/Hangman has me excited and seems like a make or break kind of thing for each guy right now.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
From a matchmaking standpoint, Cole/Joe makes good sense because they both have credibility with WWE and indie fans, and Cole has proven throughout his career that he'll show ass for an entire match (which will cover whatever issues Joe may have).

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
zero interest in hardyz/bucks but it has obvious appeal to a large segment of their fanbase and it keeps both acts away from more important things so I'm good with it. Cole/Joe doesn't do much for me either but Laz is right about why it works.

I'm not into Hookhausen and I think it's a waste of Hook but the audience clearly loves it so whatever. I find Danhausen to be pretty lame whenever he's on AEW and to take away from whatever he "randomly" appears in. I like him in things I've seen him online fine, I just don't think it works. It detracts from what is going on.

They sure as hell better get the tag belts off Jungle Boy and Luchasauras. Jungle Boy has really shown no growth and the Dino has never been impressive. Numerous acts have come in and totally overshadowed them. I'd prefer Swerve/Lee but Hobbs/Starks would be good too.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As always, card subject to change.

I respect that Coach Tony K recognized that this Hardys comeback friggin sucks and blew right to the "dream match" (which again, as I've mentioned, hardcore fans saw five years ago in a much better form) so he could wring whatever juice is left from that matchup.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Jeff is definitely one of my least favorite signings.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I would argue Matt was even worse. At least, you got a fun Darby match out of Jeff. Nothing enjoyable out of Matt Hardy's AEW run and he is directly responsible for Jeff showing up.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Hardys-Bucks is something they should run as a TV main event. It just doesn't feel like a big deal as the sixth most important match on the card. Same thing with the PVZ match. She was always a ratings draw on Fox but nobody is going to drop $50 just to see her wrestle. Especially when for a mere three times that amount you can get a picture of her fingering her pussy. So I've heard. I'm not opposed to an incredibly long PPV because the public appetite is for more, more, more content, but Tony should know PPV is not the only game.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Think Cesaro shows up tomorrow?

If he's going to AEW I gotta think he either shows up at DON or this Wednesday in LA.

Maybe the better question is, "who is more likely to show up at DON...MJF or Cesaro?"

Valeyard

Reaction score
Jeff/Darby should've been the ppv match. That's literally everything Jeff had left of interest.

Matt's best usage is backstage at this point I think. He's a smart guy.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As always, card subject to change.

I respect that Coach Tony K recognized that this Hardys comeback friggin sucks and blew right to the "dream match" (which again, as I've mentioned, hardcore fans saw five years ago in a much better form) so he could wring whatever juice is left from that matchup.
It's stupid during the hype package of this "dream match", they showed clips of old Bucks Vs Hardys matches.

Oh I guess Excalibur mentioned that they had two matches before in ROH and we get a graphic about the Hardy Boys 4-2 all time record against The Young Bucks.

Anyway, I'm glad that they're getting this out of the way early.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
trios match was a lot of fun and i'm glad they finally pulled the trigger on julia turning. Wardlow/MJF was booked perfectly. I don't think it's a work just because it benefits no one for it to have been so. I think it is far more likely that MJF thought he had leverage, overplayed his hand and someone got through to him how bad he'd fucked up and got him to do business.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
MIKE CHIODA!

That Hardys match was biggest example of "mind being willing but body not being able" in pro wrestling since Foley's TNA run. Just let them work indie shows from now on please.