Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Summer 2022: This was supposed to be the Summer of Punk.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Alan Angels contract has expired and he strongly implied on his Twitter that he's done with AEW.

Just break up the damn Dark Order (or move the rest to ROH) and give John Silver the singles push he deserves. I think it's been long enough since Brodie's death that I don't think anyone can reasonably cry foul.
Do they still have Dark Order matches on their YT shows? Pretty sure this got disbanded weeks ago.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dark Order Vs Max Caster & The Assboys was main event of one of the YT shows this week.

I feel like Dark Order Vs some version of the Acclaimed has got to be getting up there with Jimmy Snuka Vs The Metal Maniac or Rick Martel Vs Tatanka for "match that has happened the most times despite no one really asking for it."

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Dark Order Vs Max Caster & The Assboys was main event of one of the YT shows this week.

I feel like Dark Order Vs some version of the Acclaimed has got to be getting up there with Jimmy Snuka Vs The Metal Maniac or Rick Martel Vs Tatanka for "match that has happened the most times despite no one really asking for it."
The record is held by some variation of a wrestling bear and its trainer.

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know how this is gonna end but this is one of the best matches I've ever seen.

Staff member
Reaction score
The last commercial break killed the momentum a little bit but that was awesome.

Dandy

Reaction score
Great match. I saw Santana’s knee buckle on the uranage and figured he was fucked. I wonder how much of the stuff had to be reworked on the fly? Inconsequential but there had to be planned spots that others had to make up for.

Loved the ending with Eddie and Claudio and how it was still shades of gray with Eddie for a bigger reaction later.

skullman80

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That blood and guts match was incredible. Just an entertaining trainwreck in every sense of the word.

Even my wife who doesn't watch wrestling, but pays attention to it in the background when I watch was into it towards the end.

She said Eddie Kingston looked like he came from working a janitor job at the local high school and stumbled upon a fight. I just nodded my head and said that is why Eddie Kingston is the best.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brody King is the new #1 contender for the AEW Interim World Championship.

Him Vs Mox should be a fun little feud.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
According to Brandon Thurston, Blood & Guts got 1.023 million viewers, which is AEW's highest rating since March 23rd.

People love violent janitors!

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Dave Meltzer reported Adam Cole has a torn labrum and suffered what he called "a very serious concussion" at the ppv. If he gets surgery on the shoulder he'll probably be out the rest of 2022.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh man that’s gotta crush him. This will really affect his career. Also, he won’t be wrestling for awhile either, so that is probably a bummer too for him.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Not that I want anyone hurt but he could benefit from being gone for awhile.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brody King is the new #1 contender for the AEW Interim World Championship.

Him Vs Mox should be a fun little feud.
I have nobody to blame but myself for looking at some that was spoiler tagged, but I wish I didn’t know the result of that match because that is definitely not who I ever would have guessed.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Same overall thoughts. The big swing on the top of the cage made me sick to my stomach though.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There’s a rumor on the dirt sheets that besides wrecking his knee in the Blood and Guts match, Santana had some sort of falling out with Ortiz and might be leaving when his contract expires in the fall. I’m not sure why the first thing being true necessarily leads to the other being the case (if CM Punk and Colt Cabana can co-exist in the same company…), but if it is, that’s hugely disappointing. I always wanted those guys to get a tag title run.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Question for the '00s indie fans.

How legitimate is Eddie Kingston's hatred for Claudio and Danielson? Is it mostly rooted in old indie feuds or does he legitimately hate their guts like he does Chris Hero? He makes it feel real af which I love as a jaded smark but there must have been some sort of recourse if they're working together.
There’s a rumor on the dirt sheets that besides wrecking his knee in the Blood and Guts match, Santana had some sort of falling out with Ortiz and might be leaving when his contract expires in the fall. I’m not sure why the first thing being true necessarily leads to the other being the case (if CM Punk and Colt Cabana can co-exist in the same company…), but if it is, that’s hugely disappointing. I always wanted those guys to get a tag title run.
As someone who has followed them from the indies to Impact to AEW, I really really am hoping this isn't true. Those two have been very close friends since they were in high school (if not earlier) and you hate to see deep friendships being ended over wrestling BS.

I was very confused when they both started taking singles indies dates back in the spring but now I guess I know why. Hate to see it but even if their friendship hasn't collapsed, I think if AEW's not going to make them a top tag team and WWE's not really featuring tag team wrestlers, it might be worth it to take a shot as singles.

Last edited:

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Question for the '00s indie fans.

How legitimate is Eddie Kingston's hatred for Claudio and Danielson? Is it mostly rooted in old indie feuds or does he legitimately hate their guts like he does Chris Hero? He makes it feel real af which I love as a jaded smark but there must have been some sort of recourse if they're working together.
IIRC, the heat with Claudio is over Castagnoli not wanting to put Eddie over on his way out (and likely transferred from the heat with Hero), but the AmDrag stuff is something I don't know the origin of. It may have something to do with how the major ROH guys saw the major CZW names?