Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Summer 2022: This was supposed to be the Summer of Punk.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
Is Takeshita this good in DDT? I may have to do a deep dive cause he rules. The most I've seen the fans take to a wrestler on excursion since Muta and Liger. He's got it and his baby face fire is so fun to watch.

Excellent show tonight. The main is a legit motyc as well.
@Slayer can better answer than me because he follows DDT closer but my understanding is that Takeshita is sort of the Roman/Orton of DDT in that he was seen as the Chosen One by the company right from the time he debuted and was pushed super heavy and he never clicked with the native fanbase as much as other guys did that he was pushed over. He was always a talented worker but there was a missing element. Without that baggage in AEW though he was able to start totally fresh. Hopefully when he goes back to DDT he can carry that momentum with him.

Reactions: HSJ

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Snagged some tickets for All Out week this morning. Kinda pissed they didn't give hardly any lead time on tickets going on sale, what is the reasoning there? I mean shit, give a mofo at least a few days to get things in order! I got good dead center lowers in front of the ring for Dynamite and Rampage, but have yet to secure All Out tickets. Was banking on the great deals and seats that the Observer FB group usually has, but nothing has been posted yet from them, and they also want $290 for a lower level seat now, which is a MAJOR jump from other AEW shows. I wonder if this is the company finally raising ticket prices for the ppv?

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Disappointed I couldn’t make Dynamite live as the last show in Rochester was by far the best live event I’ve ever been to. I like that they seem to be setting up Rochester with our Brodie Lee connection as the place where new TNT Champions are crowned, now that it has changed hands twice (Sammy over Miro last time).
I went to both Rochester shows (drove from Syracuse and Buffalo respectively). I wouldn't say last week was the greatest top to bottom show, but there were enough good to great matches and moments.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is Takeshita this good in DDT? I may have to do a deep dive cause he rules. The most I've seen the fans take to a wrestler on excursion since Muta and Liger. He's got it and his baby face fire is so fun to watch.

Excellent show tonight. The main is a legit motyc as well.
Look for his match vs Mike Bailey from a few weeks ago. A real banger.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Look for his match vs Mike Bailey from a few weeks ago. A real banger.
It sure was. Also Bailey had a really excellent match with Moxley not too long ago as well, at the Wrestling Revolver "Stranger Thangs" show in Ohio.

Reactions: HSJ

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think AEW and the Hanna-Barbara libraries are under the same umbrella, right? It's time to for Tony Khan to rectify the mistakes of Scooby Doo! WrestleMania Mystery! and produce Scooby Doo! Double or Nothing Whodunnit

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ngl. Would legit love an AEW version of Wacky Races. That's an underutilized as hell franchise and Tony Khan could restore it to greatness.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Mox/Takeshita was a fine *** match that's being hyped like it's a 5* classic. There were so many little things that irritated the hell out of me during it, but I can't ignore that it was effective in building drama and delivering what it set out to do.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Yeah, I've basically stopped watching. They have some good matches but there isn't really that quality booking that makes you want to tune in week in and out. I was the last holdout from my group of friends who hoped AEW would get them back into it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In the "When it rains, it pours" news category, Fightful is reporting that Santana will be out for 8 to 12 months.

Timing couldn't be much worse as he's heading into free agency.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Rumor is they are starting up the trios titles with Omega/Bucks vs Cole (If he's cleared from concussion)/RedDragon (also if Kyle is cleared).

I have a feeling a different team will be facing Omega/Bucks due to the injuries but we will see!

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Can he sprain his ankle playing video games or something? As much as it sucks to not have Punk or Danielson right now, still much more pleasant this dork isn’t on my rasslin tv.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If it makes you guys feel better, Fightful says he's not going to return to the World Title scene.

It'll be a trios storyline with The Young Bucks.

(grumbling intensifies)

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m getting caught up on DVR now. Darby Allin is going to end up in a wheelchair before he turns 40 with these bumps he’s taking

Staff member
Reaction score
The main event was so good before the BS started. Leaves me with a weird feeling for the show to end like that.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The main event was so good before the BS started. Leaves me with a weird feeling for the show to end like that.
Same? I guess I put too much faith in thinking they wouldn't muddle the match with gang warfare BS, but they did. Watching Eddie getting beatdown wasn't making me cheer for BCC to come down to even the odds, it was "Why the fuck are we doing this? Stop with the bullshit 50/50 booking.."

Is Anna now part of the JAS or is she just some rando heel with Dark Order?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"Why the fuck are we doing this? Stop with the bullshit 50/50 booking.."
Yeah. Tony Khan distancing himself from Ric Flair while keeping Chris Jericho lingering around in the main event is something else. This Kingston/Jericho feud has been going on way too GD long by modern standards. Not to say there haven't been a fair share of good matches and moments but the nagging "Is he EVER going to get the big win?" feeling really reminds me of worst aspects of '00s WWE and WCW.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Normal wrestling booking is that you start with a screwy finish to build toward a rematch where you get a decisive result. The Jericho-Eddie feud has gone in reverse. It started with Eddie getting a clean, decisive tap-out win on PPV, and it has led to a series of increasingly convoluted rematches. I have no idea what they were going for last night.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Only way this makes sense is if it ends with Kingston wrecking Jericho in a Loser Leaves Town match at All Out. Even then I feel like they took a long walk for Kingston to over a 51. year old Jericho