Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Summer 2022: This was supposed to be the Summer of Punk.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
What's Joe's deal, anyway? Because he's so far a total waste of a signing.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm assuming he's resting. He went p. hard in his first AEW matches for someone that was used to working at quarter speed (if he was able to work at all) mostly for the past 6 or 7 years.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Adding nothing new but that trios bracket is fucking trash.
This is the big drawback to doing tournaments. Everyone other than the eventual winner has to job at some point, so if you’re concerned about protecting certain guys, you have to load up brackets with cannon fodder.

They ran into a similar problem with the battle royal to determine an opponent for Moxley ahead of Forbidden Door. Some guys who absolutely should have been involved weren’t.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Joe just is a bad signing. I love Joe but he is not a good pickup in 2022. It almost feels like Claudio is getting the kind of push they intended for Joe.

Valeyard

Reaction score
This is the big drawback to doing tournaments. Everyone other than the eventual winner has to job at some point, so if you’re concerned about protecting certain guys, you have to load up brackets with cannon fodder.

They ran into a similar problem with the battle royal to determine an opponent for Moxley ahead of Forbidden Door. Some guys who absolutely should have been involved weren’t.

I'm a traditionalist. With Mox, it should seriously have been him vs Hangman. Number one contender vs former champion is the logical booking move.

They have an insane trios division if they want. House Of Black, Death Triangle, any of Jericho's guys, any of the BCC, any Elite, god knows what Forbidden Door options. It's such bullshit to have FTR and Wardlow join forces, for instance, and not immediately see money in them as a trio but fuck it Trustbusters.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Omega's contract expires February 1 according to Meltzer. Curious to see if WWE makes any kind of offer.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if they didn't gauge each other's interest. I imagine WWE would back up the Brinks truck if they thought Omega was at all interest. I mean that timing fits in perfectly with WrestleMania season.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Yeah Moxley did not come off great in that segment. I thought he was supposed to be some great brawler, what the hell was that crap?
He's never been the same since WWE. He wasn't setting the world on fire beforehand bell-to-bell, but he felt wild and unpredictable...even in deathmatch companies. I don't like this "I'm a real professional wrestler" thing and I'll say it every week.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bryan/garcia was great.

Callis being back with Omega makes me even less excited to have Omega back. Omega didn't look like he was in full ringshape yet but was also selling that. Much too early to tell what kind of shape he's in.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
He's never been the same since WWE. He wasn't setting the world on fire beforehand bell-to-bell, but he felt wild and unpredictable...even in deathmatch companies. I don't like this "I'm a real professional wrestler" thing and I'll say it every week.
That segment didn't look great but I think Mox has looked great in certain matches and companies as far as being wild. His Bloodsport matches for example.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I like Mox and he's still a pretty good wrestler, but his strikes are some of the worst in the company almost all of the time and they have been for a while.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I haven’t seen a lot of him but I know he was ROH champ for awhile…but I feel like whenever I watch Rush, he just seems so off with his opponent. Maybe it’s the language barrier but his timing seems so off.

skullman80

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Another show that flew by. Opening Segment was fantastic. Since they are unifying the belts next week not sure what the plan is for all out. Garcia is a made man now and that match with Bryan was awesome.

I don't hate Omega like some here, so I'm glad he's back. Not sure if he is 100% obviously, but he looked fine last night. Not sure how much was ring rust and how much was selling.

It seemed like Andrade f'd up his arm pretty early in the match.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Don Callis ruins literally everything.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Assuming they really are doing Punk/Mox next week, I wonder what the hell the plan is for All Out? A Punk/Mox/Hangman Page Triple Threat?

Eh. Scratch that idea.

Staff member
Reaction score
To be clear this is because Hangman went into business for himself when they were feuding but you can see how this is not going to end well for one or both of them.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
See this is why scripting promos is not entirely bad. You play with fire enough time RE: letting guys speak off the cuff then someone's bound to get burnt.

At least no one mentioned making virgins bleed.