Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Summer 2022: This was supposed to be the Summer of Punk.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
RACIST KAMALA forgot Mexico is part of North America. Ay dios mio!

I have to assume barring injury or retirement, AJ and Rey will probably be added to discussion of greatest wrestler over the age of 50 in a few years. (Especially if they leave WWE and actually get to fully show how great they are again).

Last edited:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I legit don't care for modern Jericho. I don't hate him but I'm much more interested in his opponent than him.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’ll suck if after everything that has happened that Punk’s career doesn’t end on his own terms but I guess it’s better than his career ending with him getting chokeslammed through a table by Corporate Kane.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Punk is already bringing up that Page Cole (too many adams and cages and pages in this god damn company) hasn’t put a ring on it in media sessions, Punk knows what he’s doing.

Last edited:

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Punk looks fucking miserable in every picture I've seen of the ComiCon appearances. I haven't watched any video of their panel but Punk is so weirdly unexpressive each time.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
I am kinda thinking there's no way Punk is making it to All Out to work against Moxley....he's still in a walking cast and clearly having issues still getting around, and is still in a good amount of pain. Granted, its still around 5 weeks out, but I just can't see it happening. Plus "shattered foot" gives the impression its more than a two to three month timetable really, but nobody wants to outright confirm that.

Valeyard

Reaction score
In fairness he has looked miserable his whole life.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
With Punk likely not ready to return in time for All In and Danielson returning, I think it's best to build Mox/Bryan for the PPV and put the title on the latter. I don't think the BCC should EXPLODE so just play it up how Danielson has yet to win gold and may the better man win.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Pac, Black, or Kingston. I don't want Bryan coming up short again and Mox/Punk at Full Gear should be the destination.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think rushing a Mox/Danielson match shouldn't be the "smash in case of emergency" plan. You can stick that in your back pocket for something later that doesn't need to be built up in 5 weeks.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I could even make a case for Claudio given how hot he is right now, but I don't know if I'd want the ROH champion losing to the AEW champion yet.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I legit hate the MJF shit. But yeah, he's got next year sewn up when the time comes.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kayfabe wise, there's going to need to be a little build between MJF returning and him getting a PPV World title shot. He wouldn't be my first choice for backup World Title challenger for All Out either but I'm assuming him Vs Punk has to be penciled in for Revolution.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Y’all know full well they are just gonna give us Jericho and Mox instead.

We're probably getting Jericho vs Danielson. Jericho has said he would love to work with Bryan, and he's the reason Bryan was out since Anarchy in the Arena. We're also probably going to get Eddie vs Sammy or Eddie/Ruby vs Sammy/Tay after Sammy cost Eddie the match last week. If Punk isn't ready by All Out, I wouldn't be surprised to see Moxley retain against whoever, and then defend against Eddie at Grand Slam.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
And Jericho's a good opponent to transition Bryan back after an injury. Not to mention there's potential that they'll have a fantastic old man violence match.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Yeah I'm so down for Jericho vs Danielson at All Out, they may do a three way too w/ Kingston possibly? Although I hope not....I feel like the Eddie/Jericho stuff needs to be wrapped up ASAP.

As far as an opponent for Moxley at All Out if Punk is out......Hangman Page getting that rematch he never got after the Punk loss at DON may be a thought?

Malakai Black finally getting that main event slot would be great too, a Moxley/Black match would be fun.

Third idea would be Samoa Joe, finally moving him out of ROH stuff (he doesnt need that TV title) and more into the main AEW storylines.

rollie

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Based on the fact that Tony Kahn loves foreshadowing and seems unwilling to change his booking plans when things get in the way (see how House of Black/Death Triangle/Julia Hart all seemed to get stalled cos Ray got injured or even possible Hangman/Omega although I don't think stalling that for parental leave made the story any lesser) I'm p sure MJF is taking the title from Punk and likely won't come back until they can do that.

MJF's line about next time he faces Punk being "the most embarassing loss you'll ever have" definitely seems like it was setting up MJF taking title off Punk, possibly pretty quickly into Punk's reign.
I could see them wanting to do an inverted summer of Punk where instead of him winning the title unexpectedly (with surrounding shooty stuff) he loses it unexpectedly (with surrounding shooty stuff). MJF doing his version of the pipe bomb (and Punk coming out to get rid of him) seemed to be setting that all up.

It does seem like MJF is starting to be off TV a little too long to sell the angle (or maybe not, these faux shoot things never take their time and it's often detrimental to suspension of disbelief) but yeah I think there's a few too many indications to what they were going to do and then a fair assumption it might just be on ice til it's ready to roll

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
MJF taking the title off of CM Punk at Revolution feels right to me, considering I think Revolution's going to take place in Chicago every year.

It wouldn't shock me to see MJF take off the rest of the summer and even most of the fall. He did a very similar storyline albeit on a 100x smaller scale in my local indie Limitless in 2018 and was gone for six months. I'm assuming he can afford to take at least that much time off with AEW.