Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Summer 2022: This was supposed to be the Summer of Punk.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I am so glad I was wrong about both of these guys 2 years ago. That was a super fun piece of business.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damn. Garcia over Danielson is a hell of an upset and I'm sure there'll be a lot of TAKES on it cause the IWC has such healthy discourse!

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Last night's show was tremendous. The opening 45 minutes or so was about as perfect as one could get. The opening match was outstanding. Moxley sold his match against Jericho for the title, and I'm glad they revisited that. Then everything from Ricky vs Danhausen through the big turn was out of this world amazing.

Looking at the show, outside of the Moxley match/post match segment, this entire show was pretty much all about the next up wrestlers. HOOK was made, Ricky is the ultimate babyface with Hobbs becoming a top tier heel. Sammy vs Dante getting a good amount of time for their match, and the ultimate upset with Garcia going over Danielson. And they all got good to great reactions. AEW is in good hands.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Danhausen is now charging $75 for meet & greets. Very nice, very expensive.

(Tbf, an equivalent guy on WWE roster would probably charge for double for those meet & greets. It's just jarring for a guy who not that long ago was doing autograph signings (if they weren't free, it was definitely under $20 and maybe even under $10 at my friend's comic book store!))

Last edited:

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
My local wrestling store brings in a bunch of AEW wrestlers, usually lower level guys. Over the next few months, they have Swerve ($40 combo), Bobby Fish ($50 combo), and Claudio ($80 combo). $75 is higher than I paid when I met Danhausen at the Big Event last November, but like @alkeiper said, if people are going to pay it, do it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's a savvy fellow. He wouldn't charge that if people weren't paying for it. It's just jarring to see considering how many opportunities I had to meet him for a quarter to a third of that but alas. At least I have the memory of MJF insulting my friend's surfer era Sting jacket.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It doesn't seem too bad to me but I'd specifically request that Bobby not donate my $50 to one of Drake Wuertz's political campaigns.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m guessing a meet and greet with Danhausen is way more interactive and performative than walking up to Bobby Fish and him scribbling his name while he goes back to scrolling on his phone.

If anything Danhausen is short changing his audience.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't watched the whole show yet, but the ending to Starks/Hook was really neat and pretty unique. I wonder who came up with it.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
"...sometimes I don't change the channel right away and there's this wrestling that comes on. Not WWE but elite something?"
"Yeah, they're good,"
"It's really good! These guys are great and they have it down. It looks good, it's simple stories, and it's a lot of new people I have never seen before. Except for Jericho who looks like hell."

See, if they can make my 63 year old father care about them by doing what they do, that's huge. Casuals kind of exist.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Over the past 8 months or so, when I've gone over to my parent's place so my daughter can visit them, I re-watch Dynamite and watch Rampage with my dad. He stopped watching wrestling when I moved out. He's become such a big fan of AEW. He loves that they have some older wrestlers he knows, and he's gotten into a lot of new wrestlers. He's been watching wrestling since the 1960s, so he's as old school as they can get. He loves Miro since he reminds my dad of Ivan Putski in his build. He also loves Orange Cassidy, thanks mainly to his athleticism. He loves that he can do moves with his hands in his pockets. He's really gotten into Moxley and Kingston, too, due to their realism. He's 77 and they're given him his love of wrestling again to the point that I've even taken him to some indie shows I've gone to.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
My dad likes anything they call death match or anything with blood in it lmao

My dad doesn't mind blood, but my mom hates it. My daughter loves deathmatches. She loves the sounds of light tubes popping. The only time she covers her eyes is if someone is jabbing something into the opponent's forehead.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is the worst episode of Dynamite in a very long time. Bad matches, bad angles, terrible spots that expose everything and worst of all, Adam Cole is back on our TVs.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Thunder Rosa's new shirt is a reference to fans (and some of her opponents) accusing her of samdnagging her opponents and not selling for them.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Dave's rambles about AEW's recent inner promotions and how TNT is cutting back $$$ elsewhere. That leads to this:
"I don't see AEW being cancelled, most weeks it's their most popular show...so you're really not gonna cut your highest rated show" "But I've seen it happen"
I'm assuming WCW was the top TBS show in 2001 yet?
Is there any other examples out there? Sportsball tends to be more of a case of outbidding for something and not something that is willingly let loose.
Networks on broadcast TV especially will bleed out every $ they can from their hit shows.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the worst episode of Dynamite in a very long time. Bad matches, bad angles, terrible spots that expose everything and worst of all, Adam Cole is back on our TVs.
I haven't watched the full show yet, but Lethal beating Orange Cassidy to kick it off was not a great start.

skullman80

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought it was a pretty good episode, nothing awful, paced pretty well. Two hours went by pretty quick.

I didn't need to see Matt Hardy hobble around the ring or take a table bump. Christian tried his best though. I also dont buy Anna Jay as a heel at all.

Not an all time great episode, but it was good I thought. I was sports entertained.