Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW Year 2, Thread One

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Big Show being a color commentator might be weirdest part of it. I assume he's had all sorts of opportunities to do analysis stuff for WWE past 10 or so years and didn't seem like had any interest in it.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s also fitting that Big Shows final appearance in WWE was being emasculated by THE VIPER.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Since he's a huge DnD nerd and friends with Joe Manganiello, I want a DnD sitcom loosely based off Joe's home game.

Reactions: Laz

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Not one I was expecting. While he broke onto the scene as a WCW guy, he really has less than a four year run there and spent the better part of 22 years with WWE so this is more like a WWE lifer, even if WWE really phased him out the past few years.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Everyone has made jokes about WWE overusing Big Show, but this is a big get for AEW. I thought Show was really good the few times he did commentary. I think he has way more to offer as a personality as WWE just had him be Wellllllllll It's The Big Show for the last ten years and he could do some cool stuff in AEW. He seems to understand the business based on various podcast intereviews and I think he would like to be a vet/mentor to some guys there as well.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
There’s rumors now that segment with Orton was the straw that broke the camel’s back with Show. It sounds like a combination of wanting more to do and that segment, which they chose to do knowing his deal was running out. It sounds like he was very vocal and unhappy with doing that and when his deal ended (he signed a 3 year extension in February 2018), he jumped.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Show was in 2 of the 3 best main events I've ever seen live (v Sting v Savage in 1996 & w/ Orton v DX in Jan 2010). I might actually watch this tonight for the nostalgia and whatnot.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Show was in 2 of the 3 best main events I've ever seen live (v Sting v Savage in 1996 & w/ Orton v DX in Jan 2010). I might actually watch this tonight for the nostalgia and whatnot.

They might do some type of inset promo. But, tonight's show was taped last week so he won't be live in ring.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
This is a really good get.

He'll be the voice of their new show. He can help coach the bigger talent since he knows how to wrestle with a bigger frame, and it's different than working as a smaller person. He also has 20+ years of knowing how to work with media. One thing WWE has done great with is when talent interacts with different media, and he can do that for AEW, and help the talent that hasn't done that before.

Last edited:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I forgot all about Skunt. Buzz killed.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad to see him go to AEW as a commentator but I have zero desire to ever see him work a match again or do anything like that. I thought his cage match with Braun was really the best ending for his career tbh. Of course that get messed up in multiple ways but it was a really good way to pass the torch. I don't need yet another 50+ year old (I know he's 49) taking up time. He's got a lot of value outside of the ring though. The fact WWE won't be able to go back to using him for shit is also a big plus. Both companies benefit from this.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I only got to see the last 30-40 minutes but I enjoyed it. The main event was fun and I got my nostalgia fix with Schiavone calling it a "match of the year candidate" about 5 minutes in and closing the show with "we're out of time!".

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I would like to see Paul Wight in a Jack Tunney Commissioner role. The added wrinkle is no one wants to piss him off.
...because he'll cry?