Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Alec Baldwin kills director of photographer and wounds director on set of Western

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
So is the movie coming out or what?

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Baldwin will be a guest on the Fly on the Wall podcast with Dana Carvey and .David Spade tomorrow. I doubt this case will be brought up but to my knowledge this is his first "big" mainstream appearance since the 20/20 interview.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
It's been pretty fascinating seeing how this whole timeline has gone with the blame game both internally within the crew and just how fucking irresponsible the set in general was from the start. Pretty much a shitshow all around. Multiple crew members left before this even happened, and there was also a gun misfiring incident that occured even before this one during the production. Training wasnt provided by the armorer to crew members fully, and whether that's her fault for not pushing that component harder, or producers fault for not pushing it....who knows. The assistant director also had a troubled past on productions, and already did a plea deal to prevent jailtime. His role was giving Baldwin the loaded gun, with the understanding it was safe. But one would assume he was given the ok by the armorer. The armorer is acting like she didn't know who loaded the gun with real bullets....even though she claimed in the same breath that all of the ammo and guns were locked up and protected responsibly by herself. Something doesn't add up there.

The armorer is now being focused on, and probably rightfully so from what is coming out. Reports of this young inexperienced girl being heavily intoxicated the night before, also a charge of evidence tampering relating to trying to get rid of narcotics the day of the shooting which isn't making her case any better. Ultimately it is on her if she isnt taking live rounds out of guns. Blame rightfully lays on her.

Staff member
Reaction score
I know it's my gimmick here to not feel sympathetic about anything but I feel very sorry for him.