Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

All kinds of new talent in TNA post Lockdown (apparently)

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Both the observer site and PWInsider reported that Paul London and the Amazing Red are set to come back in as a tag team. PWInsider just reported that Trevor Murdoch just debuted on the ongoing tapings. They both also reported that Sarah Stock is (finally) backstage and could be debuting at tonights tapings...and Ayako Hamada is on her way as well. Bobby Lashley is in to be around Angle in some way. Taz will be in (apparently) as Joe's mentor. And Dr. Stevie should be hitting the ring soon.

So...who's getting the pink slips to make room for all of this? Maybe Beer Money will be bringing back their Off the wagon challenge...

Most of these I'm fine with. The Knockouts division especially needs it.

Scroby

Low rent Indy Referee
Reaction score
That's a pretty good list of wrestlers to be getting, but I don't know who Sarah Stock is.

Bobby Lashley - Eh...I'm not to excited about him but he somehow tends to draw attention.

London & Amazing Red tag team: feud with MGM and have fantastic high spot tag matches. Plus will re-add to the already dead X Division.

Trevor Murdoch: I'm really excited about Trevor Murdoch. I really can't wait to see what he can do in other companies rings. I really think he'll be a break out star if given the chance.

Ayako Hamada is another wrestler who I don't know.

and having Taz and Stevie Richards around is just going to be a good thing for TNA. I'm still surprised Taz went to TNA though, I figured he'd be retiring.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Taz is still relatively young. I would have been pretty suprised had he retired.

As for Hamada and Stock...I think I've maybe seen Stock once...possibly not. All I know about them is that they're reportedly good women's wrestlers...which is always a plus. I know Stock was the person they were looking at to bring in to replace Gail Kim when she left as the top face of the division.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Trevor Murdoch coming in is cool. I always liked him. He has an old school look to him. I wonder if he will hae anything to do with BMI?

The two new knockouts are good depth. I know a little about them, and this should be great.

London and Red as a tag team? This should be interesting.

Scroby

Low rent Indy Referee
Reaction score
bps21 said:
Taz is still relatively young. I would have been pretty suprised had he retired.
Yeah but Taz can't really do anything in the ring due to his neck. That's kinda why I'm surprised he went to TNA. I'll like him in his new role though, as long as Taz makes Joe drop the stupid gimmick and makes him into ECW Taz version 2.0.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just meant that at his age, you've gotta do something. Just to keep boredom at bay. Plus...the TNA has started taping TV...you only have to work about 3 days a month (and now they're in the same week) if you're just doing TV.

LuckyLopez

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, it doesn't strike me as TNA asking much of Taz. Fly into Orlando 3 times a month, tape a couple of segments, walk out. Worlds less work than he was doing in WWE as an announcer. Its a nice way to stay involved, paid, and active without doing much work at all.

I think he can really work in that mentor role as its one I always kind of wanted to see him do in WWE, and I thought it was rumored around the time ECW started and Sylvester Terkay was in the company and Angle was doing the MMA thing. I'm sure Taz & Joe will just result in a lot of "fat midget" jokes but traditional Joe is so much an evolution of Taz that just makes so much sense. Taz just leading Joe or a stable of just take no shit wrestlers could be a nice thing.

I like what I've seen of Stock and Hamada a lot. I won't assume they're awesome or anything but they seem to me to be strong additions with the potential to be stars. They're cute, they have international appeal, they can wrestler. They're strong additions I'm kind of excited for.

Very happy about London and cautiously optimistic about Red. I haven't seen Red in years and everything I've heard is his knees were shot. But if he can do his thing tag work is a great way to cover his limitations and there's tons of use for a guy like that in the X division matches.

Murdoch is someone I don't mind seeing more of. He's an interesting guy who seems to have potential even if I never loved him. But I would like to see him get a shot and see what he can do with it.

Lashley's interesting but I'm not going to get too excited. Its nice PR for a good coup for TNA. Like Angle debuting it was a genuine surprise and felt worthy of hype. I have no idea how much he'll get involved. I always liked the work he did on SD and it wasn't until he got a super hard push and went to ECW that he bugged me. He went from working with Regal, Finlay, Kennedy, and Booker to Test, Holly, Umaga, and Vince. So I can see him doing good stuff with the likes of Angle, Joe, AJ, and Daniels. Assuming he's going to do anything beyond posing.

Richards, eh. I like the guy but I haven't really cared in a long time. But he can talk and he can wrestle so worse case scenario we'll probably get some silly Abyss matches that are decent to watch.

I'm not sure I'd expect many to be cut. Rave, Hoyt, Dutt, and Petey all went recently. Kip James, Rhaka Khan, and Jacqueline seem out of the picture. I assume No Limit are a temporary part of the roster. Roxxi not making it into a PPV match that even SoJo Bolt was in seems like a bad sign for her. So I'll just assume they'll fill spots they already had open.

Its a good list of guys that could really add depth to the X, Knockout, and Tag divisions. And some midcard characters who can entertain. That works for me.

LuckyLopez

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He is, but I thought he did some good stuff with guys like Lynn and Styles back in the day. And in tag work or big X matches like Xscape or Ultimate X a spot monkey has his uses. There's better wrestlers but there's something kind of cool about a "TNA Original" returning. That probably gives him a little extra oomph that other peers don't have.

If nothing else, given enough time Hernandez is going to absolutely kill him in an amazing way.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing with Red that ever really stuck with me is the opening sequence he and Lowki did in a ROH match that was insane.

Jebus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
- Former WWE star Paul London was slated to debut with TNA as part of a new tag team with the Amazing Red but those plans now seem to be off and it looks like London won't be coming to TNA.

Credit: PWI.com

This seems to go well with London's erratic behavior lately.

mellow

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm pretty excited to see Sarah Stock on TV. Hopefully she isn't the last of the SHIMMER workers that TNA will bring in.

Jebus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bill Behrens, who represents Paul London, had this to say:

- Paul London is not there although I believe he is coming in. Not sure what the story is on that as he was on the board at one point. London got his days crossed apparently. TNA actually had to change plans on the fly. London, Cade, and Murdoch all was given the wrong date for their debut. London he thought he match was for tomorrow not tonight.

Bill Behrens

-----

So...Cade too! That explains the "Murdoch's partner isn't here" angle in the Impact spoilers.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If all that ends up coming together it really looks like they're injecting some new stuff into the tag division. Cade and Murdoch, London and Red, Beer Money, 3D, LAX, MCMG, Lethal Consequences, No Limit... That's a full division right there.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I don't know bps, Cade turned on Murdoch last we saw them. Do you think ol Trevor has forgiven this?

Silence

Integral Poster
Reaction score
DrVenkman PhD said:
I don't know bps, Cade turned on Murdoch last we saw them. Do you think ol Trevor has forgiven this?

Trevor could sing as his way of forgiving Cade.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's amazing how much recent wrestling history I've blocked out of my mind. Although...I do remember the Dupp Cupp. God I hated that.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Todays observer says that London held up TNA for more money at the last minute

His agent says he was given the wrong date and everything will be fine

PWSpyware says whatever the situation was, TNA officials were furious with him and dropped all future plans of using him

I say London is on crack

Scroby

Low rent Indy Referee
Reaction score
Precious Roy said:
Todays observer says that London held up TNA for more money at the last minute

His agent says he was given the wrong date and everything will be fine

PWSpyware says whatever the situation was, TNA officials were furious with him and dropped all future plans of using him

I say London is on crack
I'm thinking acid. I'm sorry but Paul London doesn't generate buys unless it's for an indy show. He's in no place at all to ask for more money from TNA if this is true.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Scroby said:
Ayako Hamada is another wrestler who I don't know.

She is Gran Hamada's daughter - he is a Japanese wrestler who is famous for being one of the first to bring the Lucha style to Japan.

Ayako+Hamada1.jpg

Ayako+Hamada2.jpg

luke-o

www.thecollectorsroom.co.uk
Reaction score
bps21 said:
If all that ends up coming together it really looks like they're injecting some new stuff into the tag division. Cade and Murdoch, London and Red, Beer Money, 3D, LAX, MCMG, Lethal Consequences, No Limit... That's a full division right there.

Add the new British Heel Group~! and we have a really good tag roster.

sbofn

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man, there are more teams in TNA than there are on all three WWE brands put together.