Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Bad Retired Wrestlers (HEAT) Takes

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
He's notoriously not open to advice, I thought, but I think a lot of it is because Nash and the rest pretty much fucked him up on how to see the business.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Hot take: I actually think the period in 2003 where WWE made Goldberg wrestle like a regular guy was actually kinda decent after the initial growing pains.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hot take: I actually think the period in 2003 where WWE made Goldberg wrestle like a regular guy was actually kinda decent after the initial growing pains.
Yeah @LaParkaYourCar ’s review last week reminded me that the Jericho match is one of the forgotten great Goldberg matches. If Goldberg could handle being a company man for as little as a YEAR, he’d have easily been better than the Warrior.

CHECK OUT MY NEW THREAD!

Valeyard

Reaction score
I mean, it wouldn't shock me if Perry's a dick whatsoever because he thinks he's Hollywood royalty or some shit. But I'll worry when someone credible says something.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Goldberg is also 100% responsible for Chris Jericho thinking he is a tough guy. A scourge on the wrestling industry.
I think Jericho is a tough guy. He’s not like a UFC fighter but he can probably beat the shit out of most guys, at least in his physical prime.

Staff member
Reaction score
Jack Perry is a nice guy (source: I have been told) but he doesn't react well to someone walking up to him and saying they know how Jack should be doing something.

Every single person here has relayed stories about getting pissed off when people pulled that shit on them at their job. At some point you get tired of hearing that shit and tell everyone to go fuck themselves. Guys like Bully Ray act like they know everything but they can't even draw 500 people to watch them wrestle anymore. I'm sick of how people act like 50 year olds know everything about the world. These motherfuckers have destroyed the planet and were too selfish to leave anything for anyone else. This guy took bumps that destroyed everyone's bodies because they had to keep up with him, and he gets mad because some guy flipped around and figured out how to draw money without killing all their friends in the process. They don't know anything.

I'm starting to feel real bad for him because these old cocksuckers are just piling on. These guys can't stop talking about him even though he hasn't said anything. They're projecting all their baby shit onto him. They're so jealous that anyone other than them could get wrestling out of the bingo hall. He asked TK if he could do a glass spot and he said yes. The only reason we know about what happened afterward is because Punk told everyone his version of the story and cried about it like a fuckin bitch. Let me tell you one thing. If Punk went and whined to Meltzer about New Jack jumping off a balcony that motherfucker would have killed him. He's lucky Jack Perry didn't grab a pane of glass and smash it over his head. And then fuckin loser cried about WWE trying to kill him but he went back there to take a paycheck from them. Bully Ray is a fat piece of shit too. Why does anyone care what these two losers have to say

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, the funniest part is that guys in Bully Ray's era did shoot interviews where they cried about how older wrestlers would take advantage of them. Now younger guys don't want to take advice from older wrestlers, don't want to give old wrestlers the time of day? No fuckin way dude. I can't believe it.

Staff member
Reaction score
'I used to sit in the showers and laugh when JBL put his dick on people's faces and put his hand in people's assholes dude that was so fuckin funny'

'These young guys are pieces of shit cause they don't wanna hear anything I have to say'

like fuckin duh bro

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Counterpoint:
Perry was being talked to by a veteran with respected credentials, not some never-was ham & egger. There's a considerable difference between a main event superstar giving you advice and a career jobber telling you the same thing.

As for Bully and his era, if he's offering advice on how to not get hurt? I say take it. The man came from THE company known for dangerous stunts and career-shortening bullshit, so maybe when he says something like "don't go through glass" it's because he's seen what it does to workers and is trying to prevent that from happening. He's also a known dickhead, of course, but there's some truth to the "my dad was right" sentiment.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I guess I don't understand why Bubba saying not to do one thing that could hurt you badly while still doing fire spots and shit means anything.

The thing with Perry too is that this was after Punk had already gotten Nemeth thrown off the show as well as other respected veterans Hardy and Daniels. All friends with people he doesn't like.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I don't know why Perry would even do a spot involving real glass when there are hundreds of safer methods he could have used to write himself off but if TK approved it and no one other than Punk had a problem with it then it should have gone ahead with no problem. Especially when you consider he did a spot involving real glass without a hitch weeks later.

Perry is no saint in all of this but the wrestling world needs to move on from Punk in AEW. Both sides have moved on and both are in better places.

Funniest thing involving Bully was when he tried to clown AEW for having refs hold up ladders for the performers on Twitter only to be met with numerous replied from fans sending screenshots of refs holding up ladders for him during TLC matches.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Sure but dredging up the past doesn't help anyone or anything. Both have to move past this.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mark Henry is very upset at…Kairi Sane for being in the ring during the babyfaces entrance at Mania.

You don’t want that smoke big man.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
What? I thought Dakota and Asuka were in the ring too?

Staff member
Reaction score
These old farts are so out of control. They almost killed wrestling in this country but they know better than everyone else about everything. They cannot stop shitting on people who've been more successful than them.

Tbh the only reason Mark even got a run in the first place was because he stuck around longer than everyone else. You would think he'd be more cognizant of that. He never drew one dollar of money in his life.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
1R4tyH.gif