Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Bad Retired Wrestlers (HEAT) Takes

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
That ugly dude who got famous talking about how awesome his dick is to a predominately male audience on national television is right.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
That ugly dude who got famous talking about how awesome his dick is to a predominately male audience on national television is right.
What about people who were conceived in vitro? What do they owe to the heterosexual lifestyle?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Odds are that the people who'd be truly offended over such an act weren't even going to watch because of how pro-LGBTQ+ the company is anyhow.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Val Venis went, and got himself kicked off twitter. I know he’s an ultra right-wing wacko. I imagine it was spreading the usually bullshit or something.
IIRC He's officially a libertarian ala Mayor Kane.

Should I admit when I met Val a few years ago he popped when I told him I heard some of his views on a shoot interview and found his perspective to be interesting. (I was probably the only dork not to go "TEE HEE you made dick jokes!"

Laz

Reaction score
There are quite a few libertarian viewpoints that make sense, namely those that deal with personal agency, but I'm also interested in hearing which ones our resident Greyskull enthusiast agrees with.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
I think libertarians (and really any and all credos) don't take into account how complex people and society are. Personal agency (or as libertarians love to go on about responsibility) is a great thing and very important but it is only one factor. It also works the other way with people who want to pretend they have no agency at all of course.

and yes I also very much want to hear what @BruiserBrody was so intrigued by.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I DON'T!

Libertarianism seems cool and appealing when you're 15. If you're any older and that's unironically your ethos then you're an idiot and/or a nihilist.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
What about his views did you particularly find "interesting" (genuinely asking)?
I'd have to pull up his shoot I did for CXF and take a look... I saw it in 2013!
Well... It looks like I didn't add any of his politics but did mention my interest in his views... d'oh.

Honestly, I would have probably enjoyed a two hour political discussion on Val’s views more – even if I wouldn’t have agreed on much of it.

Laz

Reaction score
I DON'T!

Libertarianism seems cool and appealing when you're 15. If you're any older and that's unironically your ethos then you're an idiot and/or a nihilist.
You say "nihilist" like someone who thinks it's only about wearing clown makeup and being pouty.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Look what's insulting is that he 100% would know exactly what a giant financial flop would look like.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Didn't he sell 100k shirts at 29.99 a pop in his first month in the company alone? Just in one month of merchandise he brought in around 3 million dollars (not sure of the split between Punk/AEW/PWTees).

The buyrate for All Out was 205K (and I'd argue you could give about 100K of that to Punk). At 50 per buy that is another 5 million (minus the ppv companies share).

Even at AEW only getting 50% of merchandise and ppv money, just in the first month Punk brought in around 4 million in revenue to AEW.

Rumors are his contract is for 5 million a year. So, he basically paid for 80% of his first year in 30 days.

Oh, and I forgot about the United Center gate. That's also all Punk. So, that basically means the whole deal was paid for in his first month.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I saw the video of Flair practicing the top rope slam. Honestly, if he stopped before he climbed the ropes and pointed to his head he’d get 5x the reaction.