Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Bad Retired Wrestlers (HEAT) Takes

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I mean. It's cool to be a low talent midcarder during the hottest time in wrestling history.

By that logic, Mideon and Shawn Stasiak are all timers, too.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Disco Inferno and Val Venis only have themselves to blame for their reputations as obnoxious loudmouths instead of underrated '90s talent. Conservative morons don't seem to realize that being ignored for obnoxiousness isn't a violation of their rights. Even wrestling promoters and fans have their limits.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What the hell is the point Madden is trying to get at there? I’m actually a bigger Disco fan from back in the day than I should admit. I thought he should have got a run as a color commentator when WWE bought out WCW, but it’s pretty telling that he never once appeared in WWE.

Disco’s best stuff was when he was trying to be serious but couldn’t shake his dumb ass tendencies, but even then he was facing elite talent like Dean Malenko so that probably helped.

I can’t imagine any era of wrestling that a promoter or any wrestling executive would take Disco Inferno over Keith Lee. A truly terrible take.

Dandy

Reaction score
If he is talking money as a success barometer, I could see his point. If he is talking about eyes on him because of how crazy popular the industry was during his time, I could see his point. They are still stupid-ass points.

I wanted to like Disco but his wrestling is very wooden. Go back and watch a highlight of all his Chartbusters. They look like a green rookie in development hitting them.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Saying Disco Inferno is much better known than Keith Lee is like saying Scott Stapp is much better known than Jack Harlow. Yeah, you're probably technically right but you're still a GD idiot.

Dandy

Reaction score
Mark Madden recently called Steve Harvey a “third-rate Richard Dawson.” Not that I ever cared for Mark Madden’s opinion before, but I can never take anything he says remotely seriously after that.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maybe people who are voiceless because they're too choked up by the smell of their own stinky farts.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Also Mark Madden joking however lightheartedly about anyone's physical appearance is frustrating.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idiots are literally more upset over Tony Khan hugging people than a graphic account of Vince McMahon raping someone.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
What's Lee make at AEW? Has to beat out Disco's 156K a year one would think.

Lee being bland will make him less memorable in 20 years than Disco doing wacky shit in front of 5 million people in 97-99 IMO.

Did Lee have a WWE highlight past Brock visually putting over his size at a Rumble right before Covid?

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
What's Lee make at AEW? Has to beat out Disco's 156K a year one would think.

Lee being bland will make him less memorable in 20 years than Disco doing wacky shit in front of 5 million people in 97-99 IMO.

Did Lee have a WWE highlight past Brock visually putting over his size at a Rumble right before Covid?
Don't give that 'Oh really?" business!! A true star would have beaten Tozawa with a Disco ball shot on national TV!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He semi-squashed Randy Orton in his first singles WWE PPV match! Although some of the IWC ATT were mad that the match lasted almost seven minutes. If only knew how the rest of his run would go...

Man, WWE bubble stuff was less than two years ago and is already so forgettable.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I think Disco said his biggest year was 300K. I assume Lee is beating that on his AEW deal.

Honestly, I would call Lee in AEW slightly disappointing. I thought he might be someone who would be into that top tier. But, after watching him, and also seeing how he's positioned I think he's more of the TNT title tier. I don't see him breaking into the Punk, Mox, Bryan, Omega tier.

Hell, of the 4 guys currently programmed together (Starks, Hobbs, Lee and Swerve) I would pick Starks as the guy to break into that tier.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Keith Lee is also not a young man. He's 37 years old and has been wrestling for 15 plus years. That's a lot of miles on the odometer, especially for a big man who does what Keith Lee does. Realistically, WWE might have been his one shot at being at a top guy in a major fed. :(

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I think Lee will climb to that tier eventually (Starks and Swerve too. Even Hobbs once he gets more seasoning). We just gotta be patient.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. Ideally, current main eventers aren’t the main eventers in five years. Here's to hoping that Punk, Danielson, Omega, and Mox aren't "Do as I say not as I do" types that try to cling onto top spots into their late 40s/early 50s.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
B38CE63A-1B61-4AD2-97FB-70343E2BB97F.jpeg
Ya love to see it.

It’s amazing and hilarious that even MLW and Impact wouldn’t take a flyer on this galoot.

Why did we ever like this guy?

(Everyone here but me and CWM: We did?)